InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Urusei Yatsura Fan Fiction ❯ The Official Fanfiction University of Rumiko Takahashi! ❯ Field trip - part 2 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15

After waving goodbye to Akane and Ranma, (amid whisperings of what they might be doing once they were out of the way) the students in Cait's group were shoved through yet another well, (Those wells make handy transportation devices!) and landed on top of a parked car.

"Oww..." muttered Cait, rubbing her side.

Someone ran toward the car to see what the commotion was. "Oh no! You're already here. Ataru's not going to be happy..." Ataru's mother ran to go get him.

Ataru dashed out. "AAH! NOOO!" He ran over to the car. "I just finished washing this! Now I won't get paid..." Ataru glared at the students, who backed away fearfully.

"Who......... set.............. up............ this............. portal?!" Ataru growled through clenched teeth.

No one knew or answered, so Ataru, still steaming, gave an introduction not unlike Cologne's. "Students, you are here to learn about how we live, and actually are. Meaning, you should be especially attentive, to avoid writing OOC fics. Out of character is one of the worst crimes an aspiring author can commit. Fanfiction is supposed to..." Ataru droned on while the rest of the class wandered off, not paying attention.

Ten flew in from behind Ataru, who was not paying attention. "...so, further more, Fanfiction should be.... YAAH! TEN!" Ataru had fallen over backwards in shock after Ten shoved his head in front of his face, sticking out his tongue.

Students watched quietly as the two proceeded to duke it out, eventually culminating in Ten breathing fire all over Ataru, who promptly passed out.

Everyone crowded around him to make sure he was knocked out. After pounding his head several times to make sure he was, then they started bugging Ten.

"What do we do next?" Alicia, another student, asked loudly. "I'm bored! Where're we going, Ten?"

"Umm... I don't know, Ataru was supposed to..." Ten was visibly stuttering and trying to think of what do say.

"I have an idea," Kisa shouted happily, "let's go to your planet!"

Unparalleled support for that idea emerged immediately with cheers and applause from the crowds of students. "Good idea!" "Let's go!" "What're we waiting for?" "Ten, please say yes!"

Ten backed away from the enthusiastic masses. "W... Wait, I'm not supposed to take you..."

"Please? Please?" Kisa jumped on Ten and shook him back and forth.

"Stop... shaking... me!" Ten accentuated by breathing a large stream over the heads of the students, who ducked down hurriedly. "Ok, Ok! I'll take you!"

Ten immediately regretted it. Shrieks of happiness and 'We're going to outer space!' filled the air. "Keep it down! I told you that I'm not supposed to. I still don't know how I can get a whole class of kids over there... I may be able to fit one or two in my ship, but not all of you... I suppose I could take Lum's ship..."

In less than 15 minutes, all the groups were loaded into Lum's ship. "I hope she doesn't notice we've taken it..." Kisa whispered to Cait, who was sitting next to her. "Ten would rat on us for pushing him to take us..."

Cait nodded. "I wonder where she is, anyway... doesn't it seem weird? I mean, you'd think that if Ataru was around, she'd be around too."

No sooner had she said it then a familiar voice was heard.

"Ten-chan, why have you put all the students into my spaceship?" Lum floated down from the ceiling down next to Ten.

"Well, you see," Ten started to explain. "They really wanted to visit our planet, and my ship was too small, see? So the students wanted to use your--"

Everyone in the room other than Lum and her cousin rushed to put their hands over Ten's mouth to stop him from blaming them. Lum glared at them. "You could have at least asked. I should punish you all for trying to go off in my ship."

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo!" screamed an eccentric rabid squirrel who had popped out of nowhere, and disappeared just as quickly.

".........................what was that?" Everyone stared blankly at the spot where the disappearing eccentric rabid squirrel had been a second ago.

"An eccentric Shippo who can't seem to contain himself ever since he accidentally swallowed a whole bag of sugar. He's been disappearing in different bodies and disturbing everyone all day." Lum shook her head. "By the way... where's darling, Ten? Wasn't he supposed to be with you?"

Everyone froze. If Lum found out that Ataru was passed out back on earth, they wouldn't get to go to outer space. "He's taking a nap!" someone shouted. Everyone else nodded.

Lum stared at them, deciding whether to believe them or not. After a moment of reconciliation, she announce. "Alright, in contrast to the previous field trip plan, you can go." Before anyone had time to rejoice, she continued, "but, anyone who laughs has to go back. Got it?"

Everyone was puzzled. "Why would we laugh?"

"If you do, you're going back." Lum refused to tell what was so hysterical, but just repeated herself.

Ten piped up suddenly. "Get ready, kids! We're going into... OOF!"

Everyone was pushed down to the ground, on account of the massive forces of gravity as the space ship left the atmosphere and entered space.

"We're here!" Lum opened the door, and ushered everyone out. "Remember, now." The students filed out of the spaceship, wondering what was so funny.

"Welcome, to Uru, students!" Lum's father came out, wearing a pink tutu and ballerina costume.

Exactly half the students started cracking up hysterically at the sight of the pink tutu. "Back you go!" said Lum, pushing them down into a conveniently placed well leading to the next stop on their field trip, which happened to be feudal age Japan. "Does anyone else want to laugh?"

Cait and the rest of the students had their hands over their mouths, practically keeling over with the effort it took to not burst out laughing. "Oh forget it."

Stuffing all the students down the well, she led her father back inside. "Why are you wearing that thing? Don't you know how hideous it looks?"

He said nothing. Lum checked the tag on the tutu. "Non-removable ballerina costume? Why did you put this on, daddy?"

"I didn't. Someone stuffed it on top of me... and it won't come off." He sighed sadly.

Lum shrugged absently. "Well, that was a short visit. At least it leaves us some free time! Who's up for a game of poker?" ^_^;;

******

The well led to a grassy field with trees all around it. The clump of students got up, and were greeted by a familiar scowl.

"Welcome... students..." Inuyasha read off a brief introduction off a piece of paper. He seemed very angry about something. It may have been the hoard of fangirls that attached themselves to him the moment he had started to speak.

"Get... OFF!" He shooed the girls off of him violently. "Why must you always leap all over me like that!" Inuyasha was cut off by more fangirls sailing toward him. They all landed in a big heap over the spot where Inuyasha had been standing.

"It's annoying, you know." said Inuyasha again, landing twenty feet away from the big pile of knocked-out girls. "The rest of you, follow me." The stunned students silently walked after him.

They walked into an ancient-looking village. Kaede greeted them in front of one of the buildings. "Greetings, ye students. You know that you are here to learn about the subjects of your fanfics, which you have badly mutilated through your atrocious writing." She stared accusingly at the crowd. "Well, here ye are. The first stop will be..."

Kaede was interrupted by a flying fuzzball pounding into the back of her head.

"Eek! I'm so sorry, it's all Miroku's fault!" Shippo tried to get away from the furious monk, but he caught up the to the little fuzzy first.

"So, I've finally caught the little brat who got into my stash of dirty magazines..." Miroku squished Shippo's head.

The little fox demon broke free. "If you don't want anyone to find them, you shouldn't hide them in such an obvious place! Who wouldn't think of under your mattress?"

"Why you... those costed a fortune to buy! I had to pay off Happosai my whole month's allowance, and then you go and make origami out of them!!" Miroku pulled on Shippo's hair to keep him from escaping again.

"Origami is way better than those magazines you bought secondhand off Happosai..." Shippo got away from Miroku, and transformed into Sango.

"Miroku... don't tell me you've been looking at dirty magazines again!" Shippo did a bad imitation of Sango's voice, and after pretending to cry, stuck out his tongue.

Miroku mushed Shippo's face into the ground as he changed back. "Quit that!"

Kaede led the group away from the monk and fox, who were now fighting it out. "Back to our field trip."

She took the students to visit various places, including Onigumo's cave, the go-shinboku, and Kikyo's old temple. It was much more boring than the other two visits, with no abrupt interruptions. Plus, there was the fact that Kaede had them take notes, telling them they would be having a quiz on it later.

"This is just boring..." Alexis sighed as Kaede went over the reasons that Kikyo shot Inuyasha to the tree. (Quite a few of the students thought it was because he had supposedly taken advantage of her)

Cait shrugged. "You said it. She's the only one who's actually teaching us. We might as well be back at school, instead of out here."

Kaede cleared her throat right then, causing them to jump. "This concludes the feudal age portion of your field trip. I will now lead you to the well that will take you back to modern-day Japan, and Kagome will continue it there." A few of the girls who had tried to kidnap Sessho-chan groaned. They had been hoping to catch a glimpse of their beloved Sesshizzle.

Suddenly Yumi shouted. "Look! THERE HE IS!" She pointed to Sessho-maru, who was sitting next to a tree, taking a nap.

Havoc broke loose. The air was filled with excited squeals of fangirls trampling anyone in their way to get to Sessho-maru. He quickly got up, and for the first time any of them had seen, screamed bloody murder, and started running as fast as he could in the opposite direction, but not fast enough for rabid fangirls.

"AIEEEEEE! HELP ME! HELP MEEE!!" he shrieked from underneath aa large pile of fangirls.

"I got his fur!" Yumi shouted triumphantly.

"I got his shirt!" Yuriko grabbed it off him, and stashed it away in her backpack.

Sessho-maru suddenly remembered he was stronger than the monstrous beast who were picking away at him, and shook them off, continuing to run after he sprayed them all with a large heap of dirt and tree trunks.

Kagome had everyone sitting around her table. "Now listen up. After this you're going back, so I'll make this short since we don't have much time. I believe that you've already gone over the fact that Inuyasha and I don't sneak off here to do it, right?" Kagome blushed a bit. "Anyway, I think you've had a pretty full day with this field trip, so I'll let you all goof off for a while. Just meet back at the mini-shrine in half an hour, so you can go back."

"That was weird..." said Cait, once they were all outside. "She almost shooed us out. Wonder what..." Her perverted classmates were way ahead of her. They were already climbing up on each other to see inside the windows.

"What the... no fair!" One of them jumped down from the window. "She's not doing anything dirty, just typing on her computer! I expected some hardcore action, too."

"Wonder what she's writing." Cait speculated to herself, before situating herself on a bench to rest.

A large group of the kids were congregating in front of a store window, looking at the merchandise within. "Awesome! They've got so many more episodes of Inuyasha than we do!" Alicia exclaimed.

"And look, they call the Lum Urusei Yatsura manga by its rightful name too!" Alexis pressed her nose against the glass.

Melody groaned. "I wish I had some money... they have so many more volumes of Ranma ½..."

No one seemed to have any money. The kids who tried to go in were kicked out after drooling over all the original merchandise that was available. After a half hour was up, the students headed dejectedly back to the mini-shrine, where Kagome was waiting.

"It's about time. Everyone get into this well, now." Kagome had a slightly evil grin on, but no one seemed to notice as they climbed into the well.

This well was different. They fell for a long, long time, and landed on hard stone. The rest of the groups were there too, and all looking as confused as they were. No one knew were they were, only that it was definitely NOT the University.

Cait noticed a large wooden sign standing over on her right. Other people noticed it too, and gasped. It read "Emergency Applied Fanfic Education."

"Welcome, unfortunate youths, to the Emergency Applied Fanfic Education class!" A loud voice boomed through the large room.

******

Cliffie! This took long because I was away from home for 3/4 of the time, and I'm going on another 3 week leave, so updates will be long off. Plus I'm starting high school in September, so updates will be less common than ever. *good news here:* I'm starting a 600-words-a-day policy, so maybe we'll get weekly updates soon, when I get back.

Check my website at http://www21.brinkster.com/meowm for updates! There you can even get chapter previews. *seriously!*

4 weeks minimum for chapter 16. My apologies, but I'm not going to be home.

Email at kikyosama@fcc.net or AIM Pandachan00 for more information.