InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Twin's Reflection ❯ And All Hell Broke Loose... ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

LovelySwagify
My Twin's Reflection
Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho do not belong to me but are the property of Rumiko Takahashi and Yoshihiro Togashi.
Chapter six: And All Hell Broke Loose…
The dark dankness was surrounded in flames that gave neither light nor warmth. Shadows of former souls slithered here and there. Their vague hands grasping at the gates of hell in hopes of wrenching it open or slithering pass a crevice when it opened to drop off a new, unfortunate soul. A lone figure stood in the midst of them, a sneer marring his face at the sight of such futility. No light came here and nothing could leave.
Nothing but him.
He was gifted with a strange twist of fate. A shard, a fragment of something so powerful, had landed in his hand. Or rather, he had wrenched it from several weaker vessels that were fighting over it. The power of the shard had given his bodiless soul back a form that was of semblance to human. It also brought back memories that had been washed away with the slow dilapidation one experiences while in hell. The shard throbbed in echo to his insatiable appetite. He was hungry for revenge…and everyone would pay.
Standing before the closed doors of judgment, of which had no handle, and lifted his hand. He willed it to open. After several tight moments of pushing more power out towards said doors, an arduous and protestant creak could be heard. The gate keepers, as they were called, were carved into the stone doors could be described as human skeletons with the hair of a lions and swords that could pierce more than flesh, but your very soul. As the doors creaked open, the eyes of the keepers flew open, green light shining from an unknown source were their pupils. Two swords, one from each of them, swung out and pointed at the lone figure. He stood his ground with narrow eyes.
“You have served your time on earth and have already chosen your path.” The first gate keeper called. His voice echoed through the very essence of he who stood before them, yet the man did not falter or give any indication that he was affected.
“Because of your choices, you have no second chance. To take another step is to give up your existence, for we will destroy your soul.” called the second gate keeper. The eyes stayed fixed on the transgressor, yet the figure stood still, no movement or hesitation; merely a contemplation of his own actions.
He stepped forward-
The gate keepers swung their swords up and brought them swiftly down-
The lone figure then raised his hand, and with a flick of his wrist the swords hit each other. The explosion that resulted shook the foundations of the three worlds. The force had half way destroyed the gate keepers. The irony being that the only thing able to bring them down was themselves.
The smirk on his face grew into a full blown smile as he stepped over loosen rocks, fallen stone, and through the dust such an event had created. Inhuman cries and hisses could be heard behind him as he stood on the threshold of leaving the great pits of hell. The green hooded light that peeped from the gate keepers eyes looked on in frustration and wariness. They could do nothing and it infuriating them.
He had been here a long time. It felt long. Too long. There was no way to tell the night from day, and no way to tell how much time had passed. Time did not exist here for he had crossed over into eternity. However, any amount of time spent here was long enough. He glanced over his shoulder.
“Come.” His voice reverberated like a mother's call…and they came.
They all followed; neither human, nor demon, but formless spirits with the ability to possess. He smiled.
Perfect.
The stranger lead them through the shadows and into the light of Reikai. The ground around them seemed to have been moved by shutters of an earthquake: aftershocks of Hell breaking loose.
I will start here.
“Go. Attack anything you can kill. Anything you can't, possess. Then come back here. Find any information you can on the Shikon no Tama. If you betray me…” He looked around him at the distorted figures that were slowly taking on familiar shapes in the light of the energy in Reikai, “I find you and drag you back to hell. Or better yet, destroy your very soul.” He spat the last part out with such venom all those around him shuttered and took off with goals of obedience.
He laughed to himself. This was going to be fun.
 
A/N: I purposely made this chapter short so that you guys will get a sense of what's coming next. I'm enjoying how this story is unfolding and am taking all of your thoughts into account when it comes to the pairing. I will be bringing Shippo back, but he won't be alone…That's a secret…hehehehehe
Big shout out to my reviewers: Elfgurl96 and Nyuka. Thank you both for reviewing and I actually forgot (scratches head sheepishly) about Kagome's ability to heal, but I will work that into the story.