InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Unlikely Love ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Two
 
Kagome Higurashi bit the bottom of her lip in concentration. Her pencil flew across the sheet of white paper. She glanced over to the thing she was drawing which happened to be a vase full of sunflowers. Kagome groaned as she erased the leaf that she had deformed and drew it again.
“That's better,” She muttered to herself as she continued to draw. Her brows knitted together as her chocolate brown eyes kept darting from the paper to the sun flowers and back again. Her long raven hair was pulled into a pony tail to keep it out of her face. She tucked a strand of hair that decided to fall over her eyes behind her ear. She noticed a shadow fall over her work and growled. “Do you mind?” A chuckle erupted from behind her.
“Sorry `Gome. I was just looking at what you're drawing.” Kagome faced her brown haired roommate; she had light brown eyes that danced with amusement as she grabbed a cola from the fridge. “So what's this picture for?” She questioned. Sango Taijiya was Kagome's best friend, they got along like sisters. Fought like sisters too.
“Well I thought that I'd let the kids color it then I would paste pictures of them around the sunflowers.” Kagome replied.
“Nice idea.” Sango took a closer look at the picture. “You know, you could become a great artist.” She said.
“I'm not that good.” They went through this once a month, Sango would say Kagome should become an artist and Kagome would say she's not that good.
“Give it up `Gome! There are people who would die just to get a hold of your art!” Sango turned around to see that Kagome wasn't listening to her, she was back to drawing. “Fine, ignore me.” She shrugged but pouted a bit. “You've been surrounded by little kids and when you're not there you're inside of here! You have to get out and go do something!” Sango complained.
“I do, I draw.” Kagome replied bluntly. Sango growled.
“That's not what I meant.”
“I know,”
“Then why did you say it?”
“Because, it annoys you.” Sango's eye twitched.
“Gome, how about you come with a friend and I to a bar?” She suggested.
“You mean you and Shu (sounds like Sue)?” Kagome finally looked away from her painting.
“You know he hates it when you call him that.” Sango laughed.
“I know,” Kagome grinned.
“So how about it?”
“You know I always feel like a third wheel `Go!” Kagome whined.
“That's why he's bringing his friend whose SINGLE!” Sango said the last part a little louder than necessary. Kagome turned back to her drawing. “Kagome, it's been two years! You need someone.” Sango sighed.
“If I say yes will you shut up?” Kagome asked.
“Yes!” Sango crossed her fingers behind her back.
“All right.” Kagome finally gave in to her pestering friend.
“Be ready by….seven.”
“All right,” Kagome laughed. “You best hurry up if you're going to make it for your date.” Kagome reminded her.
“Eek! You're right! See ya `Gome! See you at seven!” Sango rushed out the door leaving a chuckling friend behind.
“I bet she crossed her fingers.” Kagome sighed. She stood up and walked over to the fridge and took out a cola. On the fridge was a drawing, it looked to be done by a kindergartener. It was of Kagome and a little boy with auburn hair. She smiled at it. Her class adored her but there was one little boy that looked forward to seeing her everyday just for her motherly presence.
As she walked toward her room she spotted the wall that held all of their pictures. There was a picture of her and Sango during the summer when they were ten years old. Kagome's hair was in pigtails and Sango's was let down to flow over her shoulders. As she passed a few she spotted one of Sango smiling happily, she was wearing a black mini skirt and a red tube top. Her hair was in her trademark pony tail and red eye shadow on her eye lids. Next to her with his arm around her waist was her boyfriend Shuichi. His red hair matched his emerald green eyes. He was wearing black pants and an emerald green shirt. They looked so happy and perfect together. Kagome expected Shuichi to propose to her best friend any day now. Kagome then spotted an empty picture frame where a picture of Kagome and her old boyfriend used to be.
“Sango's right, I'm better off without him. He was a bastard anyway.” Kagome grumbled as she ran into her room and slammed the door behind her for no apparent reason….but it did make her feel better.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
Tijiya: Finally another chapter is up at last! I hope you are all enjoying the story so far.
 
Shippo: I'm in the story!
 
Tijiya: Yup, you are. Even though you may not be a demon…not sure yet…I'll figure it out soon enough.
 
Shippo: Tijiya thanks her reviewers!
 
Tijiya: I do not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho.
 
Shippo: Please Review, please refrain from flaming this story.