InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Blue Roses ❯ The Hunt For The Jewel Shards ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Three: The Hunt for the Jewel Shards
 
“How could you let them get away?” InuYasha screamed at his older brother.
“I can not hurt my only sister. It would be dishonorable and she would kill me for such a disgrace,” Sesshomaru replied as Kagome tended his wounds.
“Master Sesshomaru, Master Sesshomaru, there was a great bat in the sky. It flew to the south. Is that what you wished me to look for?” Rin said as she raced into the small cave where the group had camped for the night.
Sesshomaru smiled softly at the little girl.
“Kagome! I'm scared,” Shippo whispered.
“Don't be scared little one,” said a voice.
“Who's there?!” Sesshomaru yelled as he rose to his feet.
“I am only a friend seeking my rouge niece so she can take her rightful place,” the woman whispered.
“Who are you?” Shippo asked.
“I am Chrystal,” the woman said.
<The Cave>
“I smell… a Shadow Fox,” Kiena whispered.
“We must abandon the cave if Chrystal has joined with the miko and your brothers,” Kuronue said as he draped a fur around her shoulders.
Kiena clutched the warm fur to her body and looked to the east.
“I fear we have made a grave error in taking the shards. Something wicked this way comes,” she whispered.
Kuronue led her back inside as his mind raced. Chrystal had a dangerous kind of power, and she was unpredictable. It was all up to the choices they made today whether they lived or died.
“Yoko,” Kuronue said as he shook the exhausted fox awake.
“Wha is it?”
“We have to leave.”
“Why?” Yoko said as he went to full alert.
***
Chrystal sat by the fire as Sesshomaru informed them all of what had been going on behind their backs.
“Kiena has taken up with Yoko Kurama and Kuronue in an effort to destroy Naraku. Her reasons are less than noble, I assure you. Apparently, they owe her something,” Sesshomaru finished.
“Yes,” Chrystal whispered from behind her black hood, “They owe her her virginity. She became a thief after her father passed away. She would not take her rightful place among the dog demon lords and tiger kings. She ran away from home, and it is my duty to chase her down and drag her back. Unfortunately, this has swallowed you, for the thing you seek and the thing I seek are both in the same place.”
“That doesn't explain how they owe her her virginity,” Kagome cried.
“When Yoko went into heat after Kiena joined them, I was away, looking for food. Kiena was sound asleep when he went under. He knew that he had to warn her, but didn't know how. Kiena… sensed it, I guess. She awoke and offered herself to the miserable fox. He was rough, but she was stronger than any woman I've ever seen. We've been working together for years now, and you won't take her back alive. Not if I have anything to say about it, that is,” Kuronue said from the shadows.
He opened his great black bat wings and took flight. He veered off to find Yoko and Kiena packed and waiting, as always.
“Let's go,” Kiena whispered.
Kuronue lifted the tiger and the fox into the air and took off.
***
“Mamma? Mamma? Will we ever get the shards back?” Shippo asked as InuYasha leaped from tree to tree.
“I don't know, Shippo. I don't know.”