InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Blue Roses ❯ Dumbfounded ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Four: Dumbfounded
 
Chrystal seemed to hover about the camp site that night as everyone bustled about. In her arms, she held what could be the secret that would save them. A blood red rose pendent dangled on a golden chain. It was her sister's last gift to her niece, and Kiena had left it on the bed stand the night she left. The beautiful pendent was of value beyond reproach, being that it was enchanted with the last remaining scrap of power from a dying queen. Inutaishou had seen to it that his only daughter was well taken care of; indeed, she had many fine things. Kiena had left that all behind though, and had become a crooked thief with a way of sneaking around even the most alert guard.
“I never learned how Kiena was related to me,” Sesshomaru whispered.
“Inutaishou bound her in blood and magic. Because she was already a demon, she was not transformed into an inu yokai,” Chrystal replied.
Shippo bounded toward Sesshomaru and Kagome, screaming his head off about swift, short fire demons. Kagome drew an arrow and pulled back her bowstring. A short black and white haired demon rounded the curve in the path and dug his heels into the earth.
“Come any closer and I will kill you,” Kagome growled.
“Hiei!” Chrystal shrieked.
Hiei stared at the shadow fox in disbelief.
“Ch- Chrystal?” Hiei whimpered.
“What's wrong?”
“DON'T KILL ME! I DIDN'T MEAN TO LOOSE HER! DON'T KILL ME!”
“What do you mean?”
“You told me to watch her but I lost her!”
“I never told you to watch her!”
“I did,” a sinister voice growled from the forest behind.
Everyone sprung into action in a second.
Chrystal's power seemed to arch off everything that was upright. Hiei was at her side in seconds. Within minutes, the blessed gauze fell to the grass and Hiei began to charge his Dragon of Darkness Flame. Everything was aimed at Naraku who was standing at the edge of the grove.
“HEY SPIDER MAN! LOOKIN FOR THESE?” came a cry from the horizon.
Chrystal was tempted to stare at her niece in awe. This was either her most brilliant scheme yet, or her fatal one.
“KIENA, HIGH TAIL IT OUT OF HERE, WE'LL KEEP HIM BUSY!” Sesshomaru shouted to Kiena.
“NO! I CAME TO FIGHT FOR MY HONOR!”
The darkly silhouetted tiger turned against the camp and raced to the horizon. Naraku followed the path on the ground, moving as fast as he could. Still, the aerial tiger was much swifter. She also had no obstructions in her path.
**
“Come with me! I will take you to the Jewel Shards. Kiena will keep him off our tails for a few hours at least. She will get him lost in the underbrush; of that you can be sure,” Yoko said to the dumb founded group.
“Yoko you bastard!” Hiei cried.
“Hiei!” Chrystal barked.
Hiei fell in line behind the shadow tiger. Swiftly and silently as their feet would allow, they marched to a ground level cave several miles away. Naraku's cries could still be heard even though they must have been several miles away.
**
**Old fat spider spinning in a tree! Old fat spider can't see me! Attercrop! Attercrop! Won't you stop? Stop your spinning and look for me! Old Tomnoddy, all big body! Old Tomnoddy can't spy me! Attercrop! Attercrop! Down you drop! You'll never catch me up your tree!
Lazy Lob and Crazy Cob are weaving webs to wind me! I am far more sweet than other meat but still they can not find me! Here I am, naughty little fly; you are fat and lazy! You can not trap me, though you try, in your cobwebs crazy!” Kiena sang at the top of her lungs.
She hovered patiently over an area of dark dank forest and waited. Suddenly, there was a loud yell. Kiena took that as her cue to race to the cave. Still, she zigzagged through the air in case someone was following in the brush below. Stealthily she landed in front of the top entrance to the cave. Down, down the stone steps she raced until she came face to face with Kuronue.
“Whoa! Slow down before you kill somebody!” he laughed.
“I'm sorry, Kuronue. I want to see Hiei!”
Kiena raced past, leaving the love sick bat to ponder what he was to do if Hiei and Kiena chose to mate for real.
***************************************************************
***************************************************************** **
** J.R.R. Tolkein's The Hobbit, Chapter 8 Flies and Spiders page 145