InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Blue Roses ❯ The Return Of The Eight Gates of the Mirrormar ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Five: The Return of the Eight Gates of the Mirrormar
 
Kagome looked at the sorrow filled elemental tiger as she listened to Hiei's tale. It had been several hours since they had seen Naraku and Hiei had been telling Kiena of the siege on Elemental Sanctuary, her homeland.
“Naraku has laid siege to the Elemental Sanctuary and the Eight Gates on the ground beneath it. The gate army paled in comparison to the amount of demons that came after us. You must forgive me, my majesty. I failed you. You may behead me if you must,” Hiei said, kneeling on the ground before the simply clad Queen.
“Have no fear, dearest Hiei. You have served me better any these past years. I would not behead you. It wasn't you're a fault of yours any way. However, since I have just saved my brother and his mate's asses, they owe me… a lot,” the less-than-elegant Queen said.
Oh shit…
“You are to help me regain my kingdom. In return, I will aid you in your quest to recover the shards of the Shikon Jewel,” Kiena said.
Kagome nodded.
**
The silver kitsune found that he could not take his eyes off Chrystal as she sat in the corner watching Kiena make plans for the attack. He could tell that she sensed it as well as he did.
“Kiena, I believe you should stop for the night. Take Kuronue up to the top and get some `rest.' It will do you some good. I will join you shortly,” Yoko said.
Kuronue turned to look at Kiena. Then it hit him. Her heat! He gently took the beautiful demoness by the hand and led her up the stone steps to the topmost cavern. There, laid out on the floor was a spread of deer skins and furs.
“I hate going into heat. It makes me feel helpless…”
“You are not helpless. You never have been,” Kuronue whispered.
“I don't care. Besides, I don't see why you would want to help me. You're gorgeous and I'm… plain and dull and boring.”
“No you're not. You're beautiful. Much too beautiful to lay with the likes of me.”
“Never say things like that, Kuronue. You are the most gorgeous demon I've ever met.”
And I only wish you could love me, the demoness thought.
Yoko picked up the thoughts half way up the stone steps, just as he was passing Chrystal's room for the night. He had a choice; he could go up to the top and ruin it all, or he could bunk with the beautiful shadow kitsune and see if he could sway her to his desires. He chose the latter option.
**
Kuronue wrapped his arms around Kiena as she began to go deeper into her heat cycle. Slowly, agonizingly slowly, she felt her heat take control of her body. Just before Kiena lost all coherent thought she heard three little words she had longed to hear.
“I love you,” Kuronue whispered before thrusting into her.
**
Yoko sat on the furs and stared at the two sleeping forms that he had lain with so many times. Kuronue was a good friend, but he deserved a mate and a family. He deserved someone as beautiful and strong as Kiena. He had no intentions of getting in the way. But now he had a problem. He needed someone to help him with his heat cycles. If it could no longer be Kuronue and Kiena, he needed to find a mate himself. He needed someone who could deal with the travels and the theft. He had no idea how much those thoughts would change.
 
Kuronue yawned softly and looked at Kiena's dark hair that flowed down her back. He looked up to see Yoko sitting on the furs with his tail curled around his hands and feet. They locked eyes and simply sat in silence, trying to figure one another out from just their expressions. Eventually though, one of them had to speak.
“I do not wish to intrude. You two were sleeping so peacefully that I couldn't help but be intrigued,” Kurama stated.
Kuronue gulped.
“You didn't come up last night. She was a handful without you,” Kuronue said.
“If you mate her you must get used to such behavior. She will be no less of a handful.”
“Whoa, who said anything about mating?”
“Well, you love her… and I happened to catch a thought of hers saying she loved you so I simply assumed that you two would mate due to your mutual feelings toward each other.”
Kuronue stared at him dumbfounded.
“She… she loves… me…”
“Yes, Kuronue, she loves you. She may seem to love Hiei, but that would be impossible for her to do.”
“Why's that?”
“That would mean that she would be putting herself in between Hiei and another person, this one being a female fox demon who just so happens to be her aunt.”
“Chrystal and Hiei… in love…”
“Yes, dearest Kuronue, Chrystal and Hiei are indeed in love.”
Kuronue stared at the Kiena, sleeping peacefully in his arms. It was his time to shine.
**
Yoko smiled at Kiena as she walked down the steps to the landing. She sadly smiled back and Yoko was suddenly hit with how old the poor Queen must have felt. She was quite young in demon terms, but as far as the ages of ningen went she was far too old to be human, which was why she wasn't.
“Are you going to make it to the gates?” Hiei asked Yoko.
“What?”
“You seem to be falling asleep my friend.”
“No, I'm simply… in thought. If we are going, though, let us forge on,” Yoko said.
Kiena stood up and grabbed her sword from the far wall.
“It is time for Shadow Fire to drink the blood of our enemies once more,” she whispered.
Hiei, Yoko, and Kuronue all nodded solemnly.
“Come hell or high water, we take the Gates!” Chrystal shouted as she walked down the stairwell.
“For friends!” Kagome yelled.
“For lovers!” Hiei cried.
“To avenge the dead!” Yoko growled.
“We fight!” Kiena yelled.
With that they were off.
***
 
Swords clashed and metal rang in the air down below as the small army flew toward the center of what was to become makai. Kiena swooped in low to see that it was Hell on Earth below. Demons clashed against one another, wiping themselves out swiftly. It wasn't long before hundreds of bodies were piled up on the once green grass below. Kiena saw her chance and dropped to the chaos below. Yoko and Hiei soon followed into the masses of demons and some wicked humans who wanted the fruits of paradise that were grown in the Elemental Sanctuary in the sky far above for themselves.
“FOR THE MIRRORMAR!” Kiena screamed from the top of one of the eight gates.
Suddenly masses of elemental tigers swarmed from every direction. Everything that was not a friend was killed in seconds. When groups of demons began to get out of control, InuYasha's shard hunters attacked from the sky above. Shadow Fire danced in Kiena's hand as demon after demon was disbanded and brought to the ground. Oh, the sword did have its fill of the blood of yokai that day. But at the end, Mirrormar was back in the control of the Elemental Tigers, and it was time for Kiena to make good on her promise. The final shard hunt loomed in the future for the elegant queen who waited upon her throne for too long, it seemed to her.