InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Royal Birth: Sequel to His Little Girl ❯ Kagura, Inuyasha and Naraku ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
“He's what?!” the hanyou roared as he looked at Kagura, the wind witch's own temper flaring at Inuyasha's brashness.
 
“It's not as though I invited him here hanyou!” Kagura growled as the others gathered around the fairly screaming pair in the hall. “Kanna saw that he was on his way, she told me and now I've told you. So take the information, do what you want with it and leave me the hell alone!”
 
“I ain't done with you yet!” Inuyasha growled and grabbed her arm only to have her jerk it out of his hold.
 
“Oh and what the hell are you gonna do Inuyasha? Kiss me again?” she growled still hurt that he had snarled at her and treated her as though she was suffering from some contagious plague ever since the incident in her room.
 
“That was a mistake bitch; I never intended to do that. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was you that did something. Cast a spell maybe to make me kiss you,” he snarled at her accusingly.
 
Kagura panted a few times before slapping him hard across the face and turning on her heel to walk quickly down the hall back to her rooms, not intending to embarrass herself further by running away.
 
“Inuyasha how could you,” Kagome said to him her eyes disappointed and her voice disbelieving.
 
“She's a youkai,” he snorted not willing to back down.
 
“Sit!” she yelled and Toga and Mintomaru watched in amusement as the hanyou slammed into the ground pulled down by the glowing enchanted necklace. “She may be a youkai Inuyasha but she's a woman too, just like any other and she feels just like everyone else. I'm gonna go see how she's doing,” Kagome said, handing her growing infant daughter off to her father in law as she stood on her tip toes and kissed Sesshoumaru. “Sit!” she said when Inuyasha made move to stand, “and think about what you've done.”
 
“She's forceful,” Mintomaru said as Kagome moved down the hall out earshot.
 
“Yes I just pray she doesn't gather rosaries for our pups,” Sesshoumaru said only to have his father and aunt chuckle from wither side of him. “I didn't find anything amusing about that.”
 
“That's ok sweetheart we did,” Keiko said as she reached up a hand and ruffled her nephew's hair.
 
“Must you continue treating me like a pup?” he asked her with a glower.
 
“I still remember that adorable little pup who would bring me mice as presents when he was learning to hunt and would roll around outside and come back in with grasshoppers and crickets in his hair as his mother tried to catch him to take them out.”
 
“Oh kami,” Sesshoumaru groaned and turned as he walked away down the hall toward his library. “It's apparently become embarrass Sesshoumaru day.”
 
 
 
Kagome slipped into Kagura's room quietly and sighed softly, sadly when she found the woman lying face down on the bed, her face buried in her pillow as she cried, her sobs muffled by the cotton and silk covered goose down pillow. Kagome moved to the bedside and sat down slowly, bringing her legs up onto the soft bed coverings as she lay down beside the crying woman and placed her hand on Kagura's back, rubbing her back in slow small circles.
 
“Is it so bad?” Kagome asked softly as she rubbed Kagura's back as she lay next to the sobbing woman.
 
Kagura rolled over onto her back and looked up at Kagome with teary eyes.
 
“So…he kissed you huh?” she asked with a smile.
 
“Yeah,” Kagura answered as she dried her tears.
 
“Was it nice?” Kagome asked.
 
“Mmhmm,” Kagura said with a little smile as she bit her lip.
 
“Aww,” Kagome crooned and giggled as she scooted closer and wrapped Kagura in her arms as she placed the woman's head in the hollow of her shoulder. “You love him don't you?” she asked softly.
 
“No, I don't,” Kagura denied as she sat up and then moved off the bed and began pacing in front of the foot of the bed. “He's rude and arrogant and crass and foul mouthed and angry and temperamental and-”
 
“And those were the same arguments I used to make before I let him go. You love him Kagura,” Kagome said with a soft smile her eyes watching the woman in concern.
 
“How did this happen? I shouldn't love him, I don't even know him,” the wind witch argued as she sat down on the foot of the bed defeatedly and put her face in her hands.
 
“Oh I think you do. You know him by his character. The way he always defended us during fights, the way you saw him look after Shippou or Sango. The way he was always the first one to step up to the fight and put all of us behind him. The way he looks after Makia. You may not know him, but you know the person that he is.”
 
Kagura released a forced sigh and fell back on the bed with her eyes closed. When she opened them she was greeted by Kagome's smiling face as she looked down upon her friend from where she was sitting behind her head and bending over her. The wind witch looked up at her with a questioning sarcastic glance.
 
“What?” Kagura asked curtly.
 
“You just have to spend time with him,” Kagome said happily feeling giddy about her role as match maker.
 
“And how am I going to do that Oh-Lady-of-the-Western-Lands?” she asked grumbling.
 
“Oh you,” Kagome giggled and swatted Kagura's shoulder lightly with the back of her hand. “You do take care of Makia a lot right?”
 
“Ye-es,” she said cautious of the triumphant look in the miko's eyes.
 
“Hold Makia more, especially when he comes to claim her. Walk around the halls with her in your arms.”
 
“Kagome,” Kagura said cutting off the woman's excited planning.
 
“Yes?” she asked perkily.
 
“Just what are you planning?”
 
“Nothing, nothing,” Kagome smoothed over before rising from the bed and bouncing to the door. “It's time to feed my pups.”
 
Kagura opened her mouth only to snap it closed when the door to her room closed and she was left alone.
 
“What just happened?”” she asked to no one in particular as she sat down on the foot of the bed.
 
 
 
“That miko will pay,” Naraku growled as he made his way over the lands.
 
He was still at least a day's travels from the western lands and with the return of Toga no one was willing to ally themselves with him. Toga was far fiercer in battle then his son, and the youkai still had Sou'unga at his side. With all three swords of power in the hands of the inu legacy, no one was willing to battle against the Inu no Taisho and his family. Also with the rumors, that Naraku himself believed to be just rumors of falsehood, that the Northern and Southern youkai wolf packs and Wolf youkai families, as well as the Northern Lands Golden Lion youkai clan joining forces with the Western Lands Inu clan, things were most definitely not going well. All his old allies warned him that should he proceed in his vendetta he would surely die.
 
Along his travels from his hidden castle he had also heard tell that the Eastern Neko and Bear clans were making their way to the Western Lands with the hopes of alliance and treaties. If all the rumors were true then all the leading youkai clans on the main island of Japan as well as the off shoots of their clans on the many other islands would be one unified force. Powers, jewel shards, and all the various youkai he was made from or not, he didn't stand a chance against them all and the hanyou forged of evil knew it.
 
 
 
 
A.N.: For those of you reading this remember, since MM.org has not been sending out alerts, if you'd like an update alert sent to your inbox when a story has been updated, just put you name/handle and email address in your review along with the word `update'. Thank you and be well everyone. Happy weekend and for those of you going back to or already returned to school, do well and work hard.