InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Another Day ❯ walk ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

_____Walk_________

"Hey, Inu Yasha, you listening to me? What are you staring at?" Miroku was climbing the steps to catch up with Inu Yasha. He turned to look at what had caught Inu Yasha's attention. That girl…

"Hey, see the uniform? That means no touchy."

"Coming from you? Besides…that ain't it." Inu Yasha replied having snapped out of it. He started to climb again.

"What is it then?" Miroku asked, "You just don't stare at people like that for no reason."

"Shut-up, but…didn't she look an awful lot like…Kikyo?"

"You know what," Miroku thought, "she does…younger, her hair's a bit different, and her butt's a little softer"

"Asshole!" Inu Yasha said, smacking him on the head.

"I was joking! Ease off," Miroku said, defending himself.

"With you, you can never tell."

"I take offense to that."

"Shut-up."

"My, aren't we testy today." Miroku said inquisitively.

"You want an early death?"

"What's up with you now, you were normal until…oh" Miroku said, realizing something, "That wound still fresh?"

"I'm over it…" Inu Yasha replied gruffly.

"I doubt that…"

"Shut-up!"

"Alright! Man, if you were a girl I'd say it was that time of the-"

"I said SHUT-UP!" Inu-Yasha shouted, getting the whole street to look at them.

"Fine…" Miroku replied, a little shocked.

The rest of the walk continued in silence, at least a few minutes of it.

"Hey, where are we going?"

"'We' ? You followed."

"To make sure you don't do something foolish."

"Thanks, big help." Inu Yasha said, sarcastically.

"You're not over it are you? It's just a different university, who says she won't opt to go to Tokyo U. after all?"

"It's not just that…"

"Did something happen?"

"No." Inu Yasha said sharply.

"Something did…"

"And why the hell would I tell you?"

"Just trying to help, sheesh…" Miroku said, frustrated. "It's not like nobody else in the world's ever been dumped."

"Just drop it."

"Okay."

More silence.

"Where are we going anyway?" Miroku asked, as Inu Yasha turned to glare. "Fine, where are you going?"

"…you know that girl…"

"Huh? Oh, the one at the subway station-"

"Yeah, did you pick up a weird vibe from her? Like something from Kikyo?"

"Yeah, I was going to mention it earlier…but it was almost exactly like Kikyo's." Miroku said, "You don't think she..?"

"Maybe…I'm going to head back to my apartment."

"MY apartment, you just crashed there after Kikyo kicked you out."

"Yeah, whatever."

__________________

I'm afraid I made Miroku too OOC I know he's not that annoying (far from it actually…), but let's say that Inu Yasha is just being really testy. Comments, questions and money, send to me at wired_syirm@yahoo.com.

Disclaimer: Yes, I do own them. Mwahaha. Alright, I don't. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That's the whole point of the disclaimer. No sue me.