InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Another Time, Another Life ❯ Chapter 3

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

All Normal Disclaimers Apply

Chapter Three:

Kagome woke up the next morning to the phone ringing shrilly next to her. Kagome reached up and grabbed the phone.

"Hello?" She said groggily really wishing the person on the other line would just drop dead.

"May I speak to Higurashi Kagome please?" A polite and familiar voice asked.

"Yeah." There was a brief silence as Kagome forgot to mention that she was Kagome.

"Um Kagome, is that you?" The voice asked.

"Uhmrph." Was her only reply.

"Kagome are you not awake yet? You only have an hour before school starts." Kagome shot up at this little bit of information and looked menacingly at her alarm clock which had once again forgotten to go off.

Kagome dropped the phone and ran to her closet to grab her uniform. She briefly registered a dim voice coming from her bed as she ran to the bathroom to finish getting ready.

Souta squeezed up against the wall when he saw his sister come pummeling down the hall in a mad frenzy. He shook his head at her heard her repeating little things over and over to herself so she wouldn't forget. 'Sometimes I really wonder if she is sane.' Souta thought as he walked down the stairs, neat and tidy and ready for the day ahead.

Kagome quickly changed, brushed her teeth and hair and amount a million other things all at the same time. She jumped back to her room trying to get each of the socks on. When she got there she grabbed her books and ran downstairs.

"Bye mom, bye ji-chan." Kagome said as she stepped into her shoes and opened the door. Her head will still facing backwards from yelling her goodbyes and she didn't notice the body standing at the front door. Well not until she ran smack into it with enough force to send both of them falling to the ground.

"Kagome it's a pleasure to meet you like this. I do like a woman who likes to be on top." Miroku said winking at her and chuckling at her beat-red face.

"You pervert get off of me." She said trying to cover her embarrassment.

"I would love to Kagome but it would see that you are in fact on top of me." Kagome's eyes widened and she looked around. She was sprawled on top of Miroku with her legs strewn on either side of him and her skirt hiked dangerously high. Kagome jumped up so fast that she had to steady herself on the side of the house from the dizzy spelled that incurred.

"Kagome are you okay? It was just a joke." Miroku asked as he got up and dusted himself off. Kagome just glared at him and walked angrily by him.

"Very funny…ha…ha…ha…" was Kagome's sarcastic answer.

"Geez Kagome you really need to loosen up." He said following her by a couple steps.

Kagome growled. "I am loose, you jerk."

"Oh really?" Miroku said in a sly voice, an eyebrow rising at the implications of her sentence. "I never knew that about you Kagome."

Kagome stopped in her steps. She really hadn't been thinking about how he would take that sentence or even how it sounded. She whimpered in defeat of the situation. Miroku came to a stop next to her and looked down. Kagome was limbs were handing dejectingly against her sides and her head was down in the same manner. Miroku scooped Kagome into a hug.

"It's okay Kagome; you should just give into my charm and my irresistible good looks. You'll never win anyway." Miroku chuckled as he began to walk and guide Kagome down the stairs in his loose embrace.

Kagome decided to ignore that comment. "Why are you here?"

Miroku smirked. "Well you see Kagome, one day my mother and father decided that they loved each other very much and, after they got married of course, they decided to have a child, so one night they went to bed to have sex and my father put his…" Here Miroku stopped considering Kagome was pinching him very hard on the leg.

"No, I mean why are you here?" Kagome said into his chest so her red face wouldn't be seen.

"Oh, why am I at your family shrine? You should have just said so!" Miroku teased. "I figured that you may be running late, knowing you as well as I do, and that since I had a car I may be able to offer you a ride and this is what I am doing currently, and walking you to my car."

Kagome peeked out from her comfortable position on his muscular chest. She could see they were almost down the steps, Miroku had been guiding her the whole time, and they were nearly at his car, which was parked on the curb next to the steps.

"You better watch where you park. They love towing cars that are parked there." Kagome warned as she was led to the car door.

Miroku grinned and unlocked the passenger side door and opened it for Kagome to enter. She climbed into the rather small car and waited until Miroku got into his side. He had to wait a few minutes for the traffic to clear so it was safe enough.

"We actually have a little time, since we're going to school this way. I wasn't really expecting you to be up when I got here." Kagome sent him a glare and he gave her an award winning smile. "You want to go get some quick breakfast first?"

Kagome declined the breakfast offer and they headed to school in relative silence. Well the two passengers didn't speak to each other but Miroku had no problem turning the radio on full blast and singing at the top of his lungs. Kagome sank down low in her sink and rested her head on the bottom of the window. Why was it that she had to be friends with morning people?

*~*~*~*

Miroku and Kagome got to the school and still had the better part of an hour before classes officially began. Students had started to file on the small campus but most students wouldn't arrive until fifteen minutes or so before the bell. That meant Miroku and Kagome were left to their own devices when the arrived.

Miroku grabbed his stuff from the backseat and got out of his car. He waited for Kagome to step out before he locked the doors and began making his way across the parking lot.

"Miroku wait up." Kagome yelled at him and tried to catch up. "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

Miroku said nothing to her but continued his pace after he entered the school building. Kagome, having nothing better to do, followed the older boy. Miroku led Kagome through classrooms and doors that she hadn't noticed the day before. After about five minutes they found themselves on one of the school building's roofs. It wasn't so high that it was too dangerous and wasn't so low that they could be easily spotted.

"Why are we here Miroku?"

"I don't know why you are here; you just decided to follow me. I come here every morning of school, it helps me relax and prepare for the day. A good meditation is always good for one's soul."

Kagome huffed and sat down next to him. "Well what else am I going to do when I'm here almost an hour early for school!"

Miroku chuckled but said nothing else. Kagome turned to focus on the courtyard where the trees were softly swaying to the beat of the wind. Kagome closed her eyes and tried to focus on said beat while tuning out the sounds of the city. The slow melody calmed her down and she felt more relaxed than she had in months.

Kagome slowly opened her eyes and looked to her side where Miroku was. Kagome rolled her eyes as she saw him laying down with his hands beneath his head, fast asleep.

"Meditation my ass." Kagome grumbled. She gave up and pulled her stuff behind her. She lay back and used her bag for a pillow and closed her eyes too. She began to pick up the wind melody again and soon she had drifted into a light doze.

*~*~*

When Kagome regained consciousness she heard snickering and voices surrounding her. Kagome's sense instantly became alert and she slowly opened her eyes. Above her were three boys and Miroku was lying on his side, propped up by his elbow, looking at her with a grin.

Kagome sat up immediately and looked around. "What's going on?" She said trying to blink the sleep out of her eyes.

"Nothing Kagome. My friends usually meet me up here before school and they were a little surprised to see a beautiful young woman sleeping next to me."

"Surprised?" One of the boys asked in a rather strange accent. Kagome turned to look at the boy who spoke. He, like Miroku, was utterly gorgeous and the accent just helped in his overall attractiveness. He had soft brown hair that was cut neatly to his head and then flipping up at the front. His uniform sleeves were rolled up to his elbows showing lean muscular arms which were very tan for someone from Japan.

"Why would that be a surprise Takai?" He teased again. Kagome looked at Miroku who was grinning sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Um so yeah, Kagome, these are my friends. The jackass there is Gregor. His family is originally Scottish, moved here for some odd reason or another, that is why he has that accent." Kagome smiled at the boy politely taking in his rather cheeky smile.

"Hi beautiful. What's your name?" He said grinning madly and offering her his hand. Kagome looked back at Miroku and frowned. She wasn't sure how she liked how his friends were staring at her.

"And this guy is Seiichi." Miroku introduced a boy who was medium built and pretty much normal looking except her had deep blue eyes that were almost the color of the ocean and his smile would have melted even Sesshomaru. "Seiichi's a real nice guy. You two get a long great, and he can pretty much get you into any place you wanna go."

"It's a great thing to have a winning personality and of course a winning smile." Seiichi commented flashing her the smile again.

"Yeah and a shit load of money." The third guy commented.

"Oh and this guy is Uyeda. He's an old friend of mine. I actually knew him when we were kids and then I moved to Tokyo. A few years later his family moved here and well yeah, we're still friends."

"Great story Takai, you tell it as well as any retard." Kagome wasn't sure he liked Uyeda. She watched as he took out a cigarette from his uniform jacket and lit it.

Miroku flicked him off before introducing Kagome to the guys.

"So Kagome? You got a boyfriend? Because I know a great place where we could go and have some fun." Uyeda said around his cigarette. The other guys laughed an echoed similar phrases and comments leaving Kagome bright red.

It was obvious these guys were used to getting any girl they wanted. They very aura's gave off an air of confidence, arrogance and just down right cockiness. Kagome couldn't stand it. These guys thought they were all that and that she was just some normal girl who melt in the palm of their hands. No sir, this was Higurashi Kagome, and she melted for no man, well not technically speaking. She didn't care if Tensei Takai was a reincarnation of a former friend and companion of hers. She wasn't going to be treated thusly.

Kagome got up and walked away from the group towards the exit of the roof.

"Hey Kagome wait up, I'm sorry, listen the guys just like to play." Miroku yelled after her but she made sure to slam the door shut and hurry down the stairs. She hurried through the other door concealing the stairwell and turned the corner as she heard the other door fly open.

Miroku sighed and leaned against the wall. "Damn it."

"Man, I've never seen you so worked up over a girl, especially one you just met." Seiichi said.

"Yeah, what is up with you two anyway? Why were you both up on the roof? You've never brought a girl up to our hangout before, why now?" Gregor asked.

"Whatever man. She looks real complicated, too much trouble to get into her pants. Why not go for one of the freshmen girls that are throwing themselves at you anyway. That's an automatic lay." Uyeda said putting out his cigarette on the hallway floor.

Miroku turned fast and glared at him. "This has nothing to do with sex. It's Kagome and she's different. And you better stay away from her because I know you, Uyeda, you like making conquests but she isn't one to make. She's mine and if you know what is good for you, leave. Her. Alone!"

"Fine man, she's yours. But you may want to make sure she knows that fact." With that he walked away down the hallway.

* * * *

I would just like to first apologize if I insulted anyone with the 'retard' comment. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, well I kind of was but not in that way. I was trying to make this particular character look like a jerk to everyone, not just Kagome or women in general, so that comment just floated to mind. Once again I am so sorry if I offended anyone!

Second, hey look I just finished another chapter! Go me! Please read and review, I like getting reviews it helps me continue on with my fics and just encourages. I have some really great fan followings out there and those people who review like all my works are just awesome and I love you guys! But any feed back is welcome! Thanks!

Thanks to HeavenlyAnimeAng for proofreading this chapter. As always you're a big help!

Until Next Time…

Sfae