InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Be Careful What Wish For ❯ My Wish ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
DISCLAIMER: I do not own InuYasha, and here's proof. If I owned it, this story would probably be an episode, or two, or three, or fifteen.
Enjoy :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&
I had been told stories about my mother, Kagome,even though she never told me. Uncle Sota did, even though it is usually vague since he wasn't there. He was always at home. He could not go into the well and end up in Inuyasha's era. His stories are still very exciting. By now, age 10, I've heard all of the stories atleast three times. I often try to imagine my mom and Inuyasha from pictures of her and Uncle Sota's desciptions of him. I have never seen her in person. I am now busy and, therefore, I don't have time to hear the stories anymore. My schedule is simple. Monday and Friday I come home around three since I have nothing going on after school, Tueday and Thursday I come home around five since I have cheerleading and basketball, Wednesday I come home around four since I have band, and on the weekends we visit Grandma. Sometimes, Uncle Sota worries that I do too much and that I might get sick from exhaustion, but I think he's just being paranoid. I tell him not to worry since I can take care of myself, plus most of the time I play in the well or explore the house. I don't know why I play in the well. Maybe it's because that's how my mom had travelled through time. I do know that when I explore the house, I almost alway find something new, room or items. I enjoy the attic most of all for that reason. There's so many interesting things. Many times its things from my mom.
One Monday, after school, I was exploring the attic and going through the boxes at an amazingly fast pace. None of them seemed to have anything of interest. Some towels here, and some blankets there. Dishes here, old papers there. I went to grab a new box, hoping to find something interesting when when I stepped on a spot which sounded hollow. I looked down curiously, wondering if I should open it. Eventually, curiousity got the better of me. When I removed the board, dust flew up and I could hear the thick cobwebs rip. I shuddered; I hate spiders. I couldn't see inside the hole since it was too dark. I grabbed my flashlight, flicked it on, and pointed it into the hole, half expecting to see dozens of spiders.
When I realized that there were only cobwebs, I concentrated on what was inside. There was some thin, silvery thread, a large piece of bright red cloth, and a necklace with a large pink pearl. I knew Uncle Sota wouldn't mind if I kept them, he usually let me keep my findings, so I put the silver thread and bright red cloth in my pocket and the necklace around my neck. I found myself satisfied with these items and once I replaced the board, I ran towards the well. I tried to push open the old doors, but it didn't work. This happened only on occasion, but all I'd have to do was push the door harder and harder and it would eventually open. This time, though, I had to get Uncle Sota's help. The door opened easily for him. I suspected that it would. I thanked him as he returned to his work.
I was very excited though I hardly knew why. In fact, instead of climbing down the ladder into the well, which I usually did, I jumped. I closed my eyes. I could feel the wind rushing into my face and myself getting lower and lower. Then I opened my eyes. Shouldn't I have hit the bottom by now? Dark blue and white bubbles were all around me. I amazingly stayed calm even though my heart was pounding quickly and I didn't know what was going on.
I hit the ground after what seemed like a few minutes of free-falling. I looked up, squinting through the darkness. Where'd the shrine go? Why am I suddenly outside? Had I really been falling for so long that it was suddenly night time? I could hear yelling from pain above me and weapons hitting together. Was there a battle going on? Why? The noise ended quickly and there was silence. I figured no one was there, so I could come out and not get slaughtered. I tried to get a foothold on some bricks and vines, but I fell almost immediately after.
"Did you hear that?" asked a voice that sounded like a child.
"What?" this voice came from a much older person and it sounded like a male. It also had a bit of cockiness and a short-temper.
"In the well."
"Yeah, what about it?"
"I heard something!" the child sounded panicky. I was shaking with fear. If they found me, what would they do to me? Would they kill me? Kidnap me? I shook more violently and grabbed a rock. I hoped I wouldn't have to use it, but I would only if it was necessary.
"Don't worry, I'm sure you're just hearing rats," said an adult male voice. His voice sounded calmer.
"Yeah, Shippo, relax," said a female voice.
"But I'm sure there's someone down there!" The younger voice sounded whiny. Then, I heard him yell in pain. "Hey! Why'd you do that, InuYasha?!"
"Because you're really beginning to get on my nerves with your complaining and whining!" the agitated male's voice yelled back.
"Would you two quit bickering? We need see what's in that well. InuYasha, you need to jump in!" the calm male's voice sounded mildly frustrated.
"Why me?!" the young male's voice complained,
"Because you can get out the easiest."
"Oh sure I can. In the morning! When I'm back to normal!"
"Just do it!"
"Fine!" The young male gave up, I guess. I knew he was approaching the well. I slid into the farthest corner and held the rock, ready to hit whatever appeared at the opening.