InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Captive ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Captive*
Chapter Twelve
 
*Sango's POV*
His response totally floored me. I had fully expected him to make some perverted comment about how I could repay him. Also the seriousness and the sincerity of his response moved me deeply. It also made me think, is he truly the person I thought he was or is he someone totally different?
He was treating me so gently as if I was made of glass and would shatter easily even though we both knew that wasn't so. He led me into the house and then to his room. "Where are we going Hoshi?" I asked.
"I have a salve in my room that you can put on your neck. It should keep your neck from getting sore or bruising."
"Oh,"
"Sit on my bed, I'll get it." I sat on his bed as directed. He must be blaming himself, that's why he won't make eye contact with me.
"It's not your fault, you know," I said suddenly. He looked up suddenly.
"What?"
"Don't blame yourself Hoshi, it wasn't your fault."
"I shouldn't have taken you over there," he admitted remorsefully. "And barring that I shouldn't have left you alone." He walked into the bathroom. Staring after him I realized that I had misjudged Hoshi. He wasn't just a cheerful carefree lay about. But a dear caring man. I also realized that I had feelings for Hoshi and not just the friendly sort either, whether I liked it or not. But surprisingly the thought didn't bother me at all.
But how can I clue Hoshi in to my feelings? I've been resisting him for so long and I can't, I won't, voice my feelings in so many words. What to do?
Hoshi came back holding a jar full of a white salve that smelled of herbs. "I'm going to sit behind you so I can put the salve on your neck, okay?" said Hoshi. I nodded and he climbed onto the bed behind me and began to apply the cool salve. I moaned in pleasure and dropped my head allowing him greater access to my neck.
"That feels wonderful Miroku," I said. "You must have magic fingers."
Miroku chuckled. "So I've been told," he said with a smile in his voice. I moaned again and he cleared his throat nervously. "That should be enough," he said removing his hands from my neck.
"Thank you Miroku," I leaned back against his chest and smiled up at him. "If I had to be kidnapped by someone, I'm glad it was you." I reached up to cup his face with my hand.
"You must be tired," he said. "Come, I'll help you to your room."
I sighed disappointedly.
*Miroku's POV*
Sango sighed and I helped her up off the bed. I needed to get away from her for a while. Did she not realize what she was doing to me with her sighs and her touch? If it were any other day...Oh how I wish it were another day. But I can't take advantage of my darling Sango when she was in such a weakened state. I shall have to give her a day or two to recover. Then I shall show no mercy, but for now I shall have to restrain myself.
I helped Sango up to her room then went to go for a walk around the perimeter of the island; hopefully by the time I got back I would have myself under control.
*Sango's POV*
I've never really realized just how dense Miroku is. Now I know. I sat down on the edge of my bed trying to think of how to entice him. Soon I'd formulated a plan. Smiling wickedly I lay down and went to sleep.
When I woke up I decided to go soak in the spring. I quickly shed my clothes and wrapped myself up in a towel. As I approached the door it opened and Miroku walked in. He stopped short when confronted with my scantily clad figure.
"Uh, Sango, you're up," he said.
"Yes," I said smiling. "I'd thought I'd go soak in the spring."
"Oh, okay. Have fun." He walked around me giving me a wide berth then all but ran into the house. Laughing to myself I set out for the hot spring.
*Miroku's POV*
Have mercy, I silently begged the gods above. However could I remain strong when faced with a beauty like Sango? I made my way to the kitchen to see what I could make for dinner. I was almost done with that night's dinner of my mother's famous meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy when I heard the door open.
"Miroku!" Sango called. "I'm back."
"Okay, I called back.”Dinner will be ready soon."
"I'm going to get dressed," she told me and then I heard her going up the stairs. A few moments later as I was taking the meatloaf out of the oven I heard Sango scream. I pretty much threw the meatloaf onto the counter then raced up the stairs to Sango's room.
"Sango!" I burst into her room and suddenly found my arms full of nearly naked woman. "What's wrong?" I asked. She was breathing fast, pulling in great gulps of air and it took her a moment to answer.
"I'm, I'm sorry," she gasped. "I saw a spider." That made me pause for a moment.
"A spider?" I repeated incredulous. "You, a tougher than tough demon slayer, are afraid of spiders?" I couldn't help it, I started to laugh.
"It's not funny," said Sango poking me in the ribs. "Luction once played a prank on me involving spiders. And this one was huge."
"Okay, okay," I did my best to stop laughing. "Where was it? I'll kill it for you."
"It was over by the vanity," she said. Then moved over by the closet herself. I climbed under the vanity and looked all around it but there was no sign of a spider.
"I guess it's gone now," I told Sango trying not to notice that she wore nothing beneath the robe she had on.
"Alright then," she said turning to the closet. "I'm gonna get dressed now then." She reached for the tie of the robe and as she let it slip from her shoulders I fled the room.
*Sano's POV*
After I was dressed I sat down on my bed in defeat. I'd thrown myself, practically naked into his arms and still he resists. I pounded my fist into a pillow. What was I going to do now? Sighing I got up and went downstairs for dinner. When I got into the kitchen Miroku was standing by the sink with his face in his hands. Hmmm, maybe I was affecting him more than I thought.
I crept up close then slipped my arms around his waist. "It smells great in here, Miroku," I said in his ear. The poor man nearly jumped out of his skin.
"Sango," he said turning in my arms.
"So, what's for dinner?" I asked.
"Uh," he quickly removed himself from my grasp. "It's, uh, meatloaf and mashed potatoes."
"Sounds delicious," I sat down and waited for him to serve me. After he'd given me my food and got his own he sat down and we said grace. "Miroku this is wonderful," I exclaimed after taking the first bite of my meatloaf.
"Thanks," said Miroku smiling. "It's my mother's secret recipe."
"I guess that means you won't share it with me then," I said pouting prettily.
"Sango," he sighed. "I'll give you anything your heart desires."
"Really?" I said grinning wickedly. I reached out under the table and ran my foot up his leg.
*Miroku's POV*
"Really?" she asked grinning rather wickedly. I nearly jumped up out of my chair when a moment later her foot ran along my leg.
"So, Sango," I stammered trying to ignore her caress. "Did you have a nice soak in the spring?" I asked.
"Oh yes," she said. "The water was nice and steamy." Wrong question now I had the image of her relaxing naked in the spring imprinted on my brain
"What was that?" I asked realizing she had said something.
"I said you should have taken a soak yourself. You seem kind of tense." She rose from her chair and walked around the table to stand behind me. She ran her hands over my shoulders than began to massage them. I stood abruptly making her hands fall away.
"I'm not actually all that hungry," I found myself saying. "I think I'm going to go to bed."
"Alright," Sango sighed. Was that disappointment I heard in her voice? Surely not, just my wishful imagination.
 
A/N: Well that's it for now. I'd write more but I have to go to work and I don't wanna leave you guys hangin any longer than necessary, see you next chapter.
Luv from,
The Story Mistress