InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Enlightened Hearts: Miroku & Sango ficlets ❯ Peaceful ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

AN: Originally posted on 8-31-07.
 
Peaceful
 
"They're asleep," Sango said, waving a fluffy dandelion in front of Kagome's face. Her nose wrinkled, yet she was still deep asleep. She leaned comfortably against Inuyasha's shoulder as he settled against a tree.

"Ah," Miroku said, looking at the duo thoughtfully. "Kagome-sama and Inuyasha-sama are more peaceful when they are sleeping together in contrast to when they are awake."

Sango cocked an eyebrow at him, wondering if he intended to mirror their own awkward relationship. She huffed lightly. "They fight because they like each other." Sango waved the dandelion seedling in the air, and the breeze finally caught it, scattering the seeds. The stars began to shine as dusk settled, and their companions appeared too exhausted to help them set up camp.

"Shouldn't we wake them to help us?" Sango complained, though inwardly she knew it'd be wrong to disturb their peace.

Miroku turned to her and took her hand. Instantly she blushed, but she was wary of the intentions behind his bright smile. "I think we should let them sleep, dear Sango-sama. It would be unjust to disturb them and ruin this quiet night. With Kirara and Shippou asleep too, it looks to be just you and me tonight." His tone was smooth, and he seemed to be moving closer.

Though, in the past, Sango would have flung him aside and given him a physical warning. Instead, she started to lean closer to him teasingly, and spoke in a dangerous yet sultry voice. "Don't get any ideas, Houshi-sama."