InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Enlightened Hearts: Miroku & Sango ficlets ❯ For the Better ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

AN: Written for the “Change” prompt at mirsan_fics at LJ.
 
For the Better
 
The nightmares are the first to disappear. In marriage, happiness fills her heart and washes away the dead blood over her brain. There are no more monsters to haunt her, no more ghosts to drag her back into the grave.
 
He holds her in his arms at night, and she feels warmth that's richer and softer than the flames from an evening campfire. He nuzzles his face into her hair, and she leans in and breathes against his neck. His arms relax around her, and he shifts his head. She breathes again.
 
Miroku chuckles, and Sango blinks out of her pre-slumber. She looks into his eyes, and he's smiling.
 
“You're tickling me,” he whispers in that smooth voice that always makes her body weak.
 
“Sorry,” she bumbles. She shouldn't feel so nervous. They are already married and have been for at least a few seasons. She notices his intense gaze on her, and her cheeks go hot.
 
He pulls her closer against his chest, and her nose rubs against his ear.
 
“I didn't tell you to stop, my Sango.” His voice is playful, and Sango feels content and energized.
 
She breathes against the shell of his ear, and he shudders with a throaty groan.
 
Suddenly, his frenetic hands dip under her clothes and tug them free, and she sighs into a moan as he draws her in for an early morning kiss. Heat swells between them, and she watches him hovering over her, rising and descending, driving and pulling as he pushes her toward a swift peak. She cries lightly and feels sweat settling over her skin.
 
She gazes upward, and in his eyes she's reminded that nothing in her life is the same. Her cries are no longer for pain. Her nightmares have long been replaced by peaceful dreams.
 
The greatest change of all is the man who loves and keeps her, warm and guarded within their home.