InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Everytime ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It took me forever to get this chapter right! I wanted it to have a sad but angry feel (does that make sense? :-P).I wrote this six times before I came up with this version. But you know what the weird part is? I came up with this version while I was snowboarding…maybe that's why I fell…O.o… Anyway, I think it turned out alright. So enjoy!
 
Chapter 4
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
The next morning the gang headed west in search of jewel shards that were rumored to be in that area. Inuyasha still wasn't talking to anyone and walked in front of the group while fixing his gaze straight ahead. Sango, with Kirara on her shoulder, walked beside Kagome, who had a sleeping Shippo in her arms. Miroku, after a couple bumps to the head, walked in front of the girls. Everyone was quite as they walked and no one dared break the silence.
 
The group had walked well into the afternoon when they decided to rest for a while and have some lunch. They picked a clearing on the borderline of a forest and set their belongings down. Inuyasha jumped onto a branch a few yards away from the gang. Kagome sighed and started boiling some water she had brought in a canteen, knowing Inuyasha wouldn't eat lunch.
 
After everyone was fed, except Inuyasha, who hadn't eaten for at least two days, they settled down for a short nap. All was quiet except for the natural sounds of the woods. Just as everyone was drifting off to sleep, Kagome shot up.
 
“I sense two jewel shards! They are coming from the south…and really fast!” she exclaimed.
 
Inuyasha took a quick sniff of the air, jumped down from his tree and unsheathed the tetsusaiga. As he walked in front of the group, who had their weapons at the ready, Kagome saw that, for now, his eyes gleamed with passion and a fierce fire burned in his once dull eyes.
 
On the horizon a huge figure appeared. As it approached, the group was able to make out its grotesque features. The demon was about fifteen feet tall and was a sickly brown-green color. It had beady black eyes and a long snout with long, gleaming fangs protruding from its mouth. Two large horns stuck out on either side of the demons head just above the eyes. It had two large hands that could easily crush a body, and its fingers ended in sharp, curved talons. A long tail twisted behind its body and stopped in a large mass of hard bone which could easily kill a human.
 
“Hand over the jewel shards!” it boomed.
 
“Yeah, as if we'd just hand them over to a piece of junk like you!” Inuyasha smirked as he took off headlong at the demon.
As Inuyasha jumped at the demon, the creature swiped its talons in a downward arc. Inuyasha twisted in midair to avoid being impaled but instead got a long, deep gash down his right arm. He landed a few yards away cradling his arm as it bled onto his haori.
 
“Ha. Little man, you can not beat me!”
 
“Yeah? Try this!” Inuyasha growled as he swung his fang with his left hand at the demon's leg. Once again the demon stepped out of the sword's range. Inuyasha swung his sword again and again and each time he missed. He backed up and ran at the demon.
 
“A half-breed like you could never beat me!” the demon snarled.
 
This caused Inuyasha to stop in his tracks. All the painful memories rushed back as he lowered his sword. Taking advantage of his moment of hesitation, the demon whipped his tail at Inuyasha, hitting him square in the chest. He was sent flying through three trees before a fourth stopped him and he tumbled to the ground.
 
“INUYASHA!!” Kagome screamed.
 
Sango and Miroku, who had been standing to the side, charged the demon that was advancing on the unconscious hanyou while Kagome ran toward Inuyasha with her arrows at the ready.
 
“Nuisance!” the demon cried as one of Miroku's ofudas collided with its leg. It swung its tail at them, causing Miroku to stop another attack and jump out of the way. Sango barely had enough time to block the tail with her hiraikotsu, but the force of the blow sent her skidding across the field. Miroku, now worried about Sango, ran after her.
 
The demon resumed its trek toward the slowly waking hanyou and ningen. Kagome held her bow at the ready and stood protectively in front of Inuyasha.
 
“Come any closer and I'll shoot!” Kagome warned. The demon paid no heed and continued advancing.
 
“I warned you!” she said as she released an arrow. The arrow glowed a bright pink as it hit the demon's arm.
 
“GAH!” it screeched in agony as the arrow ate at its flesh.
 
`So the ningen is actually a miko…' the demon thought.
 
“Why are you, a miko, protecting a dirty half-breed like him?” It growled.
 
 
Inuyasha was slowly regaining consciousness. His chest hurt and he was having difficulty breathing as he opened his unfocused eyes. The first thing he was aware of was someone standing above him. He quickly closed his eyes as a spell of dizziness overcame him but flicked an ear in the direction of the woman standing over him. Inuyasha slowly began to realize that it was Kagome who was there and she was speaking to someone. The first words he could make out were the deep growl of a creature no to far away. The he heard Kagome speak.
 
 
“Don't you DARE call him a half-breed!” she yelled, “He is stronger than any demon and has the biggest heart of anyone I know! There is nothing wrong with the way he is and I love him for it! I made a mistake and I don't care if he doesn't accept an apology…but I will not let you harm him!” she finished as she released another arrow, this one aimed for its leg.
 
 
`She doesn't think…I'm a half breed…? She…loves me…' He thought. `and I'
 
Suddenly he heard a shrill scream and shot his eyes open to see the demon bringing its claws down onto his secret love.
 
“KAGOME!” he cried out as he dove for her. Pushing her out of harms way, the next thing Inuyasha felt was an intense pain running down the length of his back.
 
“Where are the jewel shards?” he asked Kagome as he struggled to stand.
 
“They are at the end of its tail!” she quickly replied.
 
“…right…” he said as he darted toward the creature. Caught off guard, the Demon had no time to move as Inuyasha brought the tetsusaiga down on its tail. Kagome quickly ran and plucked the jewel shards out of it as Miroku stood up beside a limping Sango and opened his kazanna, sucking up the remainder of the demon.
 
“Inuyasha we…” she trailed of as she watched him fall to the ground with a thump. “INUYASHA?!” the group ran over to their friend.
 
“Kag..ome…” Inuyasha said weakly as his friends surveyed his wounds. He had three long gashes running down his back and one was deep enough that you could see the bone. His right arm had stopped bleeding but was at a weird angle and a huge red-purple welt covered the upper half of his chest.
 
As Inuyasha faded into unconsciousness, his last thoughts were `she..doesn't think that…she loves me…and I…love her…too.'
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~
 
Did ya like it?
 
Arigatou! My reviewers!
 
Kyo Yuki Shigure- You do know that this is where you say something about my story, not about how good Kikyo is, right? Lol. Well, glad to hear you will be reading every single chapter. Lol.
 
That thing- True. You don't see that everyday
 
Tai' Daishar- I'm glad you like it! It took me forever to figure out who you were. I was like..'taylor…who do I know named taylor…'lol
 
Ur/My Sis- I AM NOT A HOG! You are the one always on and aiming people. Anyway…see ya later
 
Le Stenning- Yep. Poor inu.
 
Radical Edward-I updated!
 
FRIEND@SWIMMING- I know who you are! Lol
 
Zatanna- Thank you SO much! And I love seeing a sad inu too.
 
Yushi- wow…you really think so?