InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Haze of the Heart ❯ Sango ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sango
 
 
 
WOW! It's been a long time, but I finally have the next chapter! YAY FOR ME! Well, read and review!
 
 
Kagome looked solemnly out the window of her bedroom, feeling as miserable as the weather that sent a rush of rain at her window, asking death to claim her, her pleas ignored by the Gods. Kagome felt pain in her heart and groaned, her face in her hands as once more she cried. Her mother worried about her, but said nothing, hoping Kagome would come out of it soon. Kagome threw herself onto her bed, trying to find any scent of Inuyasha, the scent of nature that lingered on her bedspread from all the times Inuyasha had slept there. But nothing but the scent of laundry detergent greeted her senses, leaving her sad, lonely, and confused.
 
 
In the past, five hundred years ago, a demon slayer clan was under attack. A horde of demons ran rampant through the town, tearing down anything in their paths. Sango, one of the more advanced slayers, threw her demon bone boomerang, taking out a group of demons feasting on a cow's bloodied corpse. Smiling, she couldn't help but feel that some one close to her had just died. Looking around she saw her father, her brother, and her best friends all safe fighting a giant rat demon. Throwing her boomerang once more, she saw the image of a young monk, a red hand print visible on his face, accompanied by a smirk. She could hear him saying, "It was well worth it my dear..." Catching her boomerang, Sango felt heat rush to her cheeks, some how feeling his actions had been directed at her, and perverted at that. So deep in though, Sango never noticed the Giant Tiger spirit approaching her, death in it's eyes. She didn't hear it's unearthly shriek or her father yelling for her to move out of the way, and seconds later, she heard, felt, and saw nothing as her life was ended, a tiger claw straight through her heart. The last thought on her mind was one of love towards some one she never knew, but knew all to well.
 
Kagome, now well enough to go to a half day of school, packed her back pack full of items she had just purchased. Looking towards the corner of her room, she saw the large yellow backpack she took to the feudal era, or at least, the one she imagined taking. A tear rolled down her cheek, and Kagome fingered it's soft fabric, a voice whispering in her ear. "Kagome?" The voice asked, only for her to reply wearily, "Hn...?" Kagome arched an eyebrow; she had not just said that, though the voice was hers. "Why do you always come back?" The voice asked. Kagome, or rather, her voice, replied, "Because I like being with you..." Kagome pulled her hand away from the backpack, shock written on her desolate face. She remembered saying that to Inuyasha once, or thought she had said it.
Wiping away a tear, a tear no different than the one she had, or thought she had, cried for Inuyasha's sake, Kagome trudged downstairs, hating the pain she felt. Ms. Higurashi watched Kagome, and for a moment wished that all of Kagome's fairy tales were reality, so that her daughter would know happiness as she had before the crash.