InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Haze of the Heart ❯ the rest of the gang ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7- The rest of the gang
 
Kougasmine- yay! A whole chapter! WOOT! Well, the gang is finally together. If you can't tell who is who, you deserve to be blown up and fed to rabid chipmunks as I made it pretty obvious, so yeah. Minor characters to come later, keep an eye out for that, summer is coming up and I'm sure as heck going to finish this! Unless I get grounded…-.-.
 
 
 
As Risa headed up the stairs into the public mall, an old, decaying building with rotten wood and caving roofs, she wished for a more peaceful earth. But, she knew that the earth had been in chaos since long before her days, and still many had lived happily, the gloomy world aside. The world lived under the oppression of a corporation called
DEMON, its leader being a true demon himself. Rumors circulated that he'd been alive since the beginning of the terrible new world, which fell into chaos so long ago, that he'd even been the one that put the world in such a sorry state. Japan was often referred to as `cursed' or `a dead world', as it's existence had taken more of Demons wrath than any other place in the world. While it was true that Japan suffered more Saimiyoshi attacks a year, and ogres where more abundant there than in America, Japan held up well, all things considered.
As Risa entered the mall, she saw one circumstance of how poor and lowly the earth had become, considering the tales of beauty from before the worlds demise. A man with silver hair and dog ears, a demon, was fighting a horde of about five men, each gripping a metal bar or weapon of some sort. Slurs of `demon sum' and `youkai terror' were thrown mercilessly at the demon, though it seemed to not faze him. But, he was angry. Very, very angry. He clenched his fists and sent the first man, the leader presumably, flying back a good foot or so, before he came to a stop in a pile of maggot enriched garbage.
Risa shuddered, almost pitying the man. But, his comments on the poor demon had taken away any ounce of microscopic pity she would have felt, leaving her void of care for this stranger. She watched the fight from a distance, waiting for it to clear, when suddenly, she heard a gun shot being fired from the group, and the demons gasp of surprise.
Her hand flew to her mouth and she ran forward, her arms splayed in a defensive gesture towards the group of men. One sneered, advancing on Risa. “Well, well, what have we got here? A demon lover perhaps?” Another man, the leader, had pulled himself up, and sauntered over to Risa, caring little if he offended with his smell. Which he did… Risa glared up at the courageously, ready to fight at a minutes notice.
The men laughed at her confidence, exchanging looks between themselves that gave the obvious go ahead signal. When the first man launched, Risa easily dodged him, but tripped and fell into the bone crushing arms of another man. Looking up at the demon she had been protecting, she saw he was somewhat touched by her bravery, and preparing for battle once more, wound ignored as he sent the leader once more into the maggot heap. As he busied himself with another thug, Risa was being held, and approached, by a hungry looking man. Her knees quivered, but her eyes remained set in a perpetual glare. The glare was not deterrent enough, though, and the thug made a move to lift up Risa's skirt.
With her ear shattering scream, the mans stopped half way, questioning his actions. The time for questions was short though as a large, metal rod, obviously used for construction of some sort, made contact with his head. “DUCK!” Risa heard her savior yell, and she obliged, her mouth opening in wonder as it passed over her head and into the head of the thug that held her so tightly. He relinquished his grip to grab onto his bleeding face, running off and out of the mall, followed by his friends.
Risa stood shakily, having fallen to the dirt crusted floor when the thugs pushed passed her in their mad frenzy towards the door. She looked over at the demon, then at the young man who had come to her aid at the last moment. The demon was wiping the blood from his arm with his shirt, looking mostly mad because he was dirtying his shirt. Sighing, Risa turned to the young man, nodding her appreciation. “Thank you…” The man cut in, smiling devilishly, “The name's Toku, and yours, my fair lady, would be…?” She rolled her eyes, turning her attention to the wounded demon, but giving her name anyway, “Risa Higurashi.”
The young man blinked, looking up as if something about the name struck him as familiar. “Higurashi… It's almost as though I've heard the name before…But I wonder where?” At that moment, a young woman in hip hugging black jeans, covered by a pink skirt, and a black top, walked up, cutting short Toku's contemplations. “What happened here Toku?” she questioned, looking around at the disarray the already chaotic mall was in, “I leave you alone for five seconds, and you get into a fight? How can I trust you alone?” her hair, confined to a ponytail, flailed back and forth as she shook her head at Toku's apparent stupidity.
Her condescending tone was met with a sly smile and a casual, “You can trust me because you love me, right my dear Sakura?” Sakura turned away, crossing her net covered arms and frowning, “I saw you smiling at that girl a few minutes ago, don't think for a minute I'd forgot about that!” Toku laughed offhandedly, turning to Risa, “So, miss Risa, is your boyfriend injured?” Risa and the demon looked up, both turning an unbecoming red and yelled, “We aren't together!” The demon made a sound of disapproval and yanked his arm from Risa, when she had grabbed to inspect his wounds. Toku laughed, holding his hands up defensively, “Alright, alright, no need to get so loud. So, by what name may we call you?” Toku implored to the young demon.
“My name's Kichi, but don't get a habit of talking to me.” Toku laughed, “My, my, aren't we just a happy ball of sunshine?” Sakura sighed, shoving the ice cream cone she had bought for Toku into his face, muttering an apology to Kichi, “Sometimes, he just doesn't think before he talks…”
As the four teens stood together in a circle, something inside each of them told them that this was something that was right, something that would mean good things in the future… something they had been missing for a long time.
 
Note- here are the reincarnated names of each person, although it is obvious
Toku- Miroku
Kichi- Inuyasha
Risa- Kagome
Sakura- Sango