InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I'll Be There For You ❯ Inuyasha ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Inuyasha
 
*********
 
“What the hell were you thinking?” Inuyasha looked at Koga in surprise.
 
“What do you mean by that?”
 
“How could you tell her that you were her boyfriend and then go and kiss her? After all, you haven't told her about the soul connection yet and what it means, have you?” Inuyasha shook his head.
 
“You told me that she believes that you are nothing more than a dream, right?”
 
“Yeah, so?”
 
“So, dumb ass, now Kagome is probably thinking that her dreams have gotten a lot weirder. She may even wonder if she is insane. How do you even know that she is still interested in you, Inuyasha?”
 
Inuyasha was quiet for a while as he drove down the road towards the store where he and Koga worked. “I just know, Koga. I mean if she wasn't at least interested in even friendship, the connection would have faded long ago. The fact that it still exists tells me that she is still my friend. I think that I was trying to tell her that I wanted to take the friendship to a deeper level (A/N: A guy wanting to make the first move in a relationship, wow! ;-P). I feel that it is time to acknowledge the fact that we are soul mates.”
 
“Well then, you had better explain things to Kagome soon.”
 
Inuyasha sighed. He wasn't sure how to explain the whole thing to her, much less how she would react. “Okay, I'll tell her the next time we `connect'.”
 
Koga looked over at his friend and gave a small grin. He had known Inuyasha for a long time; first as friends, then as rivals, and now as friends again. He had found out about Kagome and the soul connection a few years ago after the mess with Kikyo. Kikyo was the main reason that he and Inuyasha had been rivals in the first place. Koga shook his head.
 
Inuyasha pulled into an employee parking spot and turned off the engine. The two got out of the car and started to make their way into the store.
 
“You know, Yash, you have some vacation time coming up. Why don't you go and see Kagome and tell her in person.”
 
The silver-haired boy looked thoughtful. “That may be a very good idea. I'll talk to Toshi (his manager) and request some time and iron out the details with Kaede tonight. Thanks Koga!” Inuyasha was getting excited just thinking about seeing Kagome in person again.
 
“Hey, what are friends for?” Koga punched Inuyasha on the arm as they headed in to start their shifts.
 
***Later that night***
 
“Hey, Kaede! Where are you at?” A loud voice echoed through the house.
 
“I'm in the den, Inuyasha. Stop your yelling.”
 
Inuyasha entered the den where his great-aunt was reading old manuscripts that lay scattered across her desk. She looked up and smiled fondly at the young man she had raised for the last 10 years as he flopped onto the couch.
 
“What can I do for you, Inuyasha?”
 
“I've decided that I am going to go see Kagome next week. I've already told Toshi down at the store.” Kaede looked at him in surprise.
 
“It has been 11 years, Inuyasha, since you have seen her in person. How will you explain your absence to her? And why are you going now?”
 
Inuyasha suddenly found the floor more interesting than the old woman in front of him. “Well, I figure that I need to see her in person and tell her about the soul connection,” he mumbled.
 
“Inuyasha! Are you telling me that you haven't explained it to her yet? I thought that you agreed to tell her right from the start; that was the only reason I was willing to establish it between you two in the first place!” Kaede looked very upset as she came around her desk and sat beside Inuyasha.
 
“Umm, well, I didn't have a chance at first and then it never seemed to come up. Anyway, I want to tell her now in person. So it's not a big deal.”
 
“Inuyasha, it is a big deal! You have kept this from Kagome for the past 10 years. You have taken a great risk in not telling her about the soul connection. She may not be able to forgive you for keeping this from her.”
 
Inuyasha looked at his aunt with concern. “You don't think that she'd….Oh shit!”
 
Kaede nodded her head. “You definitely need to tell her in person. I will pray that she is willing to forgive you quickly, for both your sakes. If not, well…you know the consequences.”
 
Inuyasha hung his head. `Why didn't I tell her? Oh God, I hope that she will be as forgiving with me as she is of everyone else.' He felt Kaede put her arms around his shoulders in an attempt to comfort him.
 
“I have Kagome's address if you would like it, Inuyasha. I think that you need to leave as soon as possible.”
 
“I'll leave in the morning. I don't have to work tomorrow, and I think that Koga would be willing to cover for me on Saturday. I'd better go call him.”
 
Inuyasha slowly got to his feet and left the room. Kaede shook her head sadly. “I pray that your silence has not destroyed you both,” she said softly.
 
*********
 
A/N: Thank-you for the wonderful reviews. It makes me very happy when I know that people are enjoying my story. Please continue to read and review.
 
I just wanted to apologize to those reading on MM. It won't load the format correctly for some reason. I may try to delete the story and then reload. Please be patient with me. Thanks!