InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha ❯ Inuyasha ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Koga opened his eyes in alert when he felt a slight shift in movement. He looked up, sniffed, and then finally remembered where he was.. He sat up, winced from a small ache in his muscles, and looked at his recent bedding, who happend to be the woman he loved. She was sleeping peacefully with soft breathing.
 
She had shifted her legs to get more comfortable, and he had guessed that he had rested on her legs all night long. He snickered to himself. He looked around the hut, and the exterminatior and monk were fast asleep, and Inu Yasha was no where in sight. Koga grinned at this opportunity. He extended his hand out to reach Kagome's sleeping face.
 
As the tips of his fingers touched her creamy skin, her eye lashes fluttered open slowly. She whimpered, and he drew his hand back quickly. Then he watched as she woke up and realized her surroundings.She yawned slightly, and then when she finally realized who was staring at her, her eyes widened.
 
"Koga!" She exclaimed, and then covered her mouth trying not to wake the others. He smirked mischeviously at her astonishment.
 
"Are you finally awake?" He whispered softly, staring at her.
 
For some reason, his smooth whispers were intoxicating.
 
She nodded. He sat next to her, still locking eyes with her. He whispered again, "I have to thank you for helping me last night."
 
She smiled warmly and nodded. As mad as she was at Inu Yasha, Koga's arrival had calmed her a bit. It felt good for her when someone was giving her some attention after she had recently been cheated on.
 
"How are you feeling," She whispered softly, stroking his badly bruised left leg.
 
He winced a little and growled on instinct. She snatched her hand back and gave him a regretful look.
 
"Sorry," She chirped. Suddenly, he grabbed her hand, and she gasped in surprise. He put her hand back onto his leg. She felt a shiver of anxiety. He continued to stare at her with deep eyes. She saw a little seductive smirk conquer his lips.
 
"No, touch me anywhere you want to, Kagome," he said soothingly. Then he placed his hand over top of hers. Her face blushed a sweet rosy pink, and Koga began to feel triumphant in her reaction. For some reason it didn't dawn on her until a few seconds later his intended meaning. She felt hotness stir inside her body, and she felt a resonate shiver when he touched her.
 
'I must be mental,' She thought, 'I've never felt this way when Koga's touched me before.' Although she admitted her reaction was in response to his seducing her first thing in the morning.
 
"I---I'll get some more ointment for your wounds." She scrambled up quickly and rushed over to her med kit. She fumbled with some of the items in the kit, and then brought out some more bandages and ointment. She sat down next to him, and he never once took his eyes off her, which made her feel slightly uncomfortable.
 
She cautiously reached for his old bandages and delicately unraveled them. Koga held in any pain he was feeling as she touched his wounds and dressed them.
 
"Are your legs okay? Do you think you could walk if you had to?" She asked worriedly.
 
"I don't know, they feel kind of numb. How do they look to you?" He responded, trying to shift his legs unsuccessfully. 'Damn, this is not good if I can't move them for awhile.'
 
"Ewww...it looks like your skin was gauged out. I can see bone," she tried to look away out of nausea, but she knew she had to get over it and help Koga.
 
"Yeah, the bastard tried ripping out the shards. I came to see you and got attacked. They would have gotten them too if your friends hadn't helped. The monks wind tunnel is amazing," Koga explained. Kagome pursed her lips in concentration.
 
"Well, if Miroku was able to use his wind tunnel, Naraku might not be involved. He normally tries to poison him with bees. I wonder who's involved?" Kagome pondered, trying to get her thoughts away from Koga's mesmerizing cerulean gaze.
 
He narrowed his eyes. "Oh, it was Naraku all right. I could smell him all over that demon who attacked me. Although, I don't think he expected your friends to help me. They sort of just showed up looking for you also. Where were you anyway? I couldn't smell you anywhere."
 
Kagome bowed her head and stared at the ground sadly. It finally came back to her the reason she had gone home in the first place. However, she was still hurt by it, but she was also very angry and tired of the whole charade. Then suddenly she had an amazing idea. Koga looked at her with so much concern, if she played her cards right, she could be utilizing Koga's sympathy for her.
 
She forced a scowl on her face. Koga moved closer to her out of urgent regard. "I don't know if I should tell you. It makes me angry just remembering it."
 
Quickly, he took one of her hands and held it tenderly. Kagome looked at him with pained eyes.
 
"What happend, Kagome? Tell me, and I'll help you," he said soothingly. Kagome was liking this tender Koga. Maybe he was only an ass around Inu Yasha. She mentally shrugged and sighed.
 
"I went home," she said simply and added in a forced shaky voice, " To get away from Inu Yasha!"
 
Koga growled instantly. He sniffed slightly, and then when he was done looking around, he shifted his gaze back to Kagome. "What did that bastard do to you? If he hurt you I swear I'll...."
 
"NO, Koga, don't There's nothing you can do. Inu Yasha just..." She put her one hand over her face and started whimpering. Koga squeezed her other hand reassuringly. "He....he rejected me!"
 
Her outburst shocked Koga and also stirred her other friends from their slumber. She had such pain and agony in her voice that on impulse Sango grabbed her weapon, Miroku grabbed his staff, and Shippo jumped in the air, his tail standing on end. Suddenly the three of them saw Kagome crying and Koga embracing her.
 
Inu Yasha surprised them all by barging into the hut, looking anxious and protective after hearing Kagome's shrill voice. When he saw Kagome sniffling in his rival's arms, he gritted his teeth and began to growl. Koga growled back at him.
 
'Shit, if only I could use my legs,' Koga cursed. Their heated gazes locked in a primal glare.
 
"What did you do to make Kagome cry, wolf breath?" Inu Yasha quickly accused him.
 
"It wasn't me that made her cry, mutt face!" Koga raged at him. Inu Yasha maintained an angry look but seemed distressed at what Koga was telling him. "How could you do that to her? Kagome is a sweet and beautiful woman. She doesn't deserve to be hurt like this."
 
Inu Yasha looked at Koga stunned, and his guilt easily showed through. He redirected his gaze to Kagome and gave her a betrayed look. Kagome's face turned away as she wiped at her own tears.
 
"Mind your own business, whelp!" Inu Yasha stuttered a counter.
 
"Kagome IS my business, assface! If she's hurt in anyway, it concerns me greatly!" Koga turned his attention over to Kagome and ignored Inu Yasha's cursing. "Kagome, please allow me to stay with you and travel. You've taken such great care of me that I want you to continue. Also, I want to be here for you while you heal from your pain." His tone was insistant. Kagome stared back at him in shock, but in truth, she was holding back the joy that the plan was working.
 
Inu Yasha heatedly disagreed with the wolf's request, and he stomped over intent on pounding a change of mind out of him. Kagome initiated the subduing spell on him, and she ignored Inu Yasha's thrashing tantrum. And when he saw what Kagome did next, it silenced him.
 
She squeezed Koga's hand and looked deeply into the wolf demon's irredescent eyes.
 
"Sure, Koga, I will continue to heal you, and you may stay with us. Sango can Kiara carry him until he's able to walk?" Her friend nodded, and Kagome beamed. "I'll stay with you, and Miroku can ride with Inu Yasha." She planned it all out, and Miroku and Sango agreed, considering they understood Kagome's underlying feelings to not ride with Inu Yasha for awhile, due to delicate circumstances.
 
Kagome smiled brightly and shouted jubiliantly, "Welcome to the team, Koga!" Koga chuckled, and Inu Yasha sat back and swam in angry silence of his defeat.
 
TBC...