InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha ❯ Inuyahsa ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

For a few days, Koga was travelling with the Inu Yasha group, and his injuries were healing quickly. He was finally able to walk, but he was still too weak to do any fast running. In those three days, Kagome had felt the presence of a jewel shard far away South, near Koga's homeland, and they were traveling there at a moderate speed.
 
Inu Yasha was still upset at having Koga with them. He tried bullying and antagonizing Koga to leave, but Kagome, oddly enough, was always taking the wolf's side. It seemed even after four days, she had not forgiven Inu Yasha and was still angry with his make-out session with Kikyo.
 
In Yasha tried many times to get Kagome alone, to explain to her his side, but Koga had always interfered, as if knowing Inu Yasha was trying to play on Kagome's good nature. Koga was very persistant on protecting Kagome's interests, and it annoyed Inu Yasha even more when she let him. It was also as if she knew Inu Yasha was trying to patch things up with her, and she seemed to want to avoid that situation. She never went anywhere alone, and she would wait until Sango had to go relieve herself or go take a bath, so they could go together. Inu Yasha thought that when women traveled to bath together, they were most evil, and he was sure they were chatting about him in secret. Even Kagome stopped riding with him, preferring only to ride with Sango and Koga on Kiara.
 
He was so damned tired of carrying the monk around. Sometimes, Miroku would tease him and slap him in the ass with his staff and yell, "Giddyup lil' doggie!" ----that would just piss him off because he knew Miroku was rubbing it in that Kagome was punishing him.
 
Tonight they had set up camp in a well-shaded forest that wasn't too eerie and had a cool stream a couple strides away from where they were going to sleep. The sun was setting down when Miroku was trying to build a fire, and the girls were looking for food and herbs with Shippo. Koga stood by Kagome's side at all times, much to the annoyance of Inu Yasha, and he continued to overtly flatter her and crack jokes about the "mutt face." She would giggle as if on cue, pat his shoulder, and bat her eyelashes at him.
 
"Oh, Koga! Stop!" She giggled, patting him on the shoulder playfully. Koga snickered as they continued picking some wild strawberries. Sango quirked an eyebrow at their comfortable interactions, and Shippo seemed relieved that Kagome was warming up to someone who was treating her well for once and not beating the shit out of him.
 
Kagome cooed audibly as she saw another large patch of strawberries farther to the right, and she inched over to them. She tripped on a large tree root, and it sent her reeling forward. She gasped, and Koga jumped to help her, but he missed and she landed on her stomach. Her small skirt flew up, and Koga got a nice view of her white cotton panties. At first, she was embarressed, but when she heard Koga clear his throat nervously, she felt a little satisfaction in her clumsy luck. Of course, she covered herself quickly and yelled, "Ah! Don't look!"
 
"Kagome, are you alright?" Koga asked, helping her up. He smiled softly at the bright red flush on her face.
 
"Did you see anything?" She huffed with playful aggrevation. His soft smile grew into a wily seductive grin. He reached his hand out and tapped her nose lightly. Her eyes widened at the gesture.
 
"I didn't see anything at all," he whispered. They locked eyes, her nervous, shocked eyes with his playfully confident eyes. As he brought his hand down from her nose, he lightly cupped her cheek. She smiled nervously, shook her head and turned from his touch.
 
"Koga, you liar!" She giggled jubiliantly. She starting picking more strawberries, trying to hide from his enchanting gaze.
 
He wistfully plopped a strawberry into his mouth and said with an awkward muffled tone, "Honest. All I could see was white!" He smirked mischieviously and couldn't hold the laughter in anymore. Kagome looked up at him and joined him with her giggles.
 
Miroku looked at the pair and was incredulous at how Koga got away with joking about his perverted little peak of Kagome's underpants. He pondered lightly aloud, "Wow, she must be really into Koga all the sudden." Sitting up in a tree, a brooding, anti-social Inu Yasha twitched his ears. He gritted his teeth in anger and bounded deep into the forest, away from the group.
 
Later, Inu Yasha sulked back into camp angrily for dinner, and his ramen was waiting for him cook it himself. Kagome was distracted by Koga, and she laughed and chatted with him about some of his funny misadventures.
 
"Yeah, so you should have seen Ginta when Ayame showed up last week. He was whining all love-sick, 'Ah, Koga, she's a amazing, well not as amazing as your woman, but ....WOW!' And I told him to go for her, and then his face got all white. I thought he was a statue. Then as he was standing there, white as a ghost and stiff as a tree, me and the guys snuck behind him and shoved him into a thorn bush! HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! He was picking thorns out of his ass for days!"
 
"OH, that's so mean!" Kagome half-scolded, but couldn't help but lose an automatic laugh. As Kagome was eating, Koga was watching her intently again, staring at her pink cheeks, rosy wet mouth, soft hair, and soft petite nose. His mouth almost watered while staring at her, and he fell into a semi-daze as she rambled on about something with her brother.
 
Suddenly, he saw Kagome eat a strawberry, and some of the seeds sat at the corners of her mouth. She didn't seem to notice it and just continued to chat. Koga's eyes were fixated on them. Then, he didn't know what he was doing, and he delicately traced his finger over her lips to get the seeds off. She stopped mid-sentence, and her face blanched at his immediate intimate touch. She and Inu Yasha were both about to protest, but then he showed her the seeds. Kagome smiled sheepishly, but Inu Yasha cussed at him.
 
"Stop fucking pawing her, you filthy wolf! Kagome isn't that kind of girl, not like one of your dirty female wolf demons!"
 
Koga glared at him for the insult. He only smirked back in response. "I know that; that's why I want her as a mate."
 
He turned to Kagome suddenly, who was a little embarressed about the "mate" remark as everyone looked on in awe. He grasped her hand, looked into her eyes, and spoke enduringly. "Kagome, I've been thinking about this for the last five days. Well, what I want to say is...." He fumbled a bit, but he took grasp of his emotions and said blaringly, "Please accept my offer to join with me in the Rites of Wolf Courtship!"
 
Kagome's jaw dropped, as did everyone else's. Inu Yasha was about to snap when she said rather nonchalantly, "Well...okay..."
 
Inu Yasha stopped dead in his tracks after she had said that and smiled happily.
 
"So what do we do first?" Kagome asked energetically, taking some enjoyment in this. Then, triumphantly, Koga bent down with a steamy gaze and licked the nape of her neck. Kagome jumped unexpectedly to the touch of his warm tongue.
 
Everyone continued to display their unabashed shock and was silent. Inu Yasha was swimming in his own fury. HIS Kagome was going to get involved in the Rites of Wolf Courtship, which only meant------
 
"Now, my scent is on you. Since, no one else had laid a scent on you, I am your First, and if any other male wishes to court you simaltaneously, then he must first get MY permission," Koga looked smugly with his achievement. He flashed a bad-boy grin over at the enraged hanyou and added, "AND I doubt I'll be giving just ANYONE permission."
 
Kagome was bewildered. A part of her felt sorry for Inu Yasha, but it wasn't like she was mated to Koga---she could probably refuse him if she wanted to. She was telling herself that it was only "demon dating," yet she wasn't really sure she knew what that meant.
 
TBC....