InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Marriage ❯ Kagome's Answer ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 4
Disclaimer: Inuyasha and Company are property of Rumiko Takahashi.
 
<font=red>++Lemon Warning++</font=red>
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
“Home”
 
Kagome said softly as she took in the slightly polluted city air, which was wafting in from the window at the end of the hallway. How she had missed it so.
 
“Ever heard of Jet lag?” Inuyasha asked.
 
He was entirely too tired to move, and yet Kagome was completely hyper from the excitement of seeing their new apartment. She rolled her eyes at him.
 
“Aren't you happy to be back?” she asked.
 
He opened the door to their newly acquired apartment.
 
It smells horrible in Tokyo. He said.
 
Kagome sighed, then dropped the bags and turned on the lights.
 
“SURPRISE!”
 
Kagome jumped. Inuyasha groaned.
 
All of their friends were surrounding them, standing behind chairs, tables.
 
One of Kagome's mother's friend's sons was standing on top of the television cabinet.
 
“What's this?” Kagome asked with a huge grin on her face. Sango hopped out from behind a young man with dark brown hair that was pulled back into a small pony-tail.
 
He had on a purple dress shirt that screamed sophistication.
 
“A welcome back party!” She cried.
 
Kagome wrapped her best friend in a huge hug.
 
“Sango! Oh my god, you didn't!” she stepped back and aw the confused look on Inuyasha's face.
 
“Inuyasha this is Sango. Sango this is Inuyasha.”
 
Sango put out her hand. “Hi” she said with a cheery smile.
 
Inuyasha shook it and murmured a greeting before walking off in a sullen mode.
 
Kagome sighed.
 
`What's up his butt now?' She wondered.
 
Before she could follow him Sango took hold of her arm. “I want you to meet someone.” Sango said pulling her over to the young man she had just walked over from.
 
“This is Miroku…He's my …um…
 
“I'm her boyfriend” Miroku said. He had a proud look on his face.
 
Kagome shot a look at Sango, who was clearly blushing.
 
“Nice to meet you. I'd introduce you to Inuyasha…if I knew where he went off to.” Kagome said, shaking his hand.
 
“Did you guys really have an arranged marriage?” he asked” Those aren't too common these days, are they?”
 
Sango gasped slightly and smacked the back of his head. “Miroku” she said through gritted teeth.
 
Kagome was a little taken a back by that comment.
 
“No they aren't. I guess our parents are a little old fashioned.”
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
A few hours later everyone had left and Kagome still hadn't seen Inuyasha. She walked around her new apartment.
 
There were at least 5 bedrooms and a large dining room, kitchen, and living room.
 
Kagome opened the door to what she expected the master bedroom to be. Surely enough Inuyasha was sitting alone on the large bed, already in his pajamas.
 
“Hey.” He said watching her enter the room.
 
She sat down on the bed next to him.
 
`He waited for me…'
 
“What's wrong?” she asked.
 
A shadow crossed his face. “What do you mean?”
 
“Why didn't you say hello to everyone?”
 
Inuyasha didn't say anything.
 
He wasn't thereNo he wasn't” Kagome understood what he was feeling.
 
She had been fretting seeing her father-in-law as well. She knew something would happen when he smelled her. Disownment. Something neither of them wanted.
 
“Oh… he said, relieved.
 
Kagome gave him a forgiving smile and lay down next to him.
 
“You know…I don't want that to be something you have to worry about. He doesn't have to hurt us Inuyasha. We were given a choice, you know. ”
 
Inuyasha sat up. “Kagome---?”
 
“Living like this…in fear of your family, for something as dumb as that. We shouldn't have to live like we're
 
She looked at the bed sheets.
 
“I think it's time…I'm ready now Inuyasha.”
 
“Kagome…”
 
“We must Inuyasha. I don't know what I'd do…I can't make it on my own. I'm only seventeen. I…WE need to do this.”
 

“Kagome…I…”
 
 
She kissed him in the middle of his sentence. His heart sped up and an instant burn was sent throughout his body, by one little kiss.
 
 
“I'll do this, to get your father off of our case.” She whispered “And we only have to do it once, right?”
 
 
He nodded and pulled her into another kiss.
 
`I can't believe I'm doing this' she thought, pushing him back onto the bed.
 
His hands were trembling and grasped her shoulders with ignorance as he kissed her lips lightly.
 
Kagome, who also wasn't sure what to do, think making the kiss deeper would help.
 
She slid her tongue into his mouth and watched as his ambers eyes jumped open. They stared at each other for a moment, looking into each other's eyes for what seemed like forever.
 
Kagome was the first to close her eyes. She fell backwards, and pulled him over her.
 
Gulping, she began to kiss his neck, but stopped at the collar of his red tee-shirt.
 
She grasped the hem of that, and pulled it up over his silver hair and dog ears, before dropping it to the ground beside the bed.
 
`His body…' she thought, placing her hands on his bare chest. The warmth was slightly comforting.
 
He lowered his head to her neck, and began to kiss her neck as she fumbled out of her skirt. Inuyasha helped her pull it off, and he dropped it to the floor.
 
The room seemed colder now. Even the warmth of Inuyasha couldn't heat her up.
 
He held back for a moment while she unbuttoned her blouse. He watched her do it, and Kagome could see him twitch uncomfortably as it fell to the floor.
 
She turned away as he pulled off his pants and boxers. This act made the situation all the more real to her.
 
`I'm about to lose my virginity …' she thought as he climbed back over her. His mouth skimmed down to her chest and Kagome gasped as his hand closed over her left breast.
 
Instinct took over and Kagome arched to meet his touch. It was so strong, even though it was through the material of her bra. Quickly, he wrapped his arms around her chest, and unclasped the trap before tearing it away from her body. She could feel him on her legs. She could feel his long, nimble yet feeble fingers pull her panties.
 
Now nothing was separating her and her husband.
 
His thumbs ran down her body, over her thighs, and then around them. Kagome was sure he could feel the warmth that radiated from her at that very moment.
 
She reminded herself that this was his job, his promise, to his father.
 
“This may hurt a little” He whispered in a husky voice, his bare body sprawled over hers.
 
“Just do it” Kagome whimpered.
 
Her nails dug into the bed spread as he ventured into a place no man had before.
 
Something felt wrong about this…the look in Inuyasha's eyes. He wasn't looking at her, more at the head-board than his wife.
 
She wasn't really there anyways.
 
Her mind was trying to block out all the tears she had shed over this marriage…over him. But they kept flooding back into her mind.
 
She felt a sharp pain between her legs and felt Inuyasha's hips rocking against hers…slowly the pleasure took over her.
 
“Oh my god!” she moaned as he released inside of her burning body. It was unlike anything Kagome ever had experienced before.
 
It was too bad that she couldn't tell Inuyasha this.
 
They felt like strangers in this new light.
 
For the first time in a couple of weeks, Kagome didn't drift off to sleep in his arms.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
When Inuyasha awoke the next morning Kagome wasn't greeting him with a smile as she usually did. Instead, her imprint on the bed was all that inhabited the room other than him.
 
When he entered the kitchen less than twenty minutes later, he saw her sitting at the table looking terribly worn. Black circles were under her eyes, and they were puffy and red, as though she had been crying. He sat down next to her.
 
She didn't even look up at him.
 
“Good morning Kagome” he leaned in to give her a kiss, which she turned away, just as his lips graced hers.
 
“You don't need to do that Inuyasha. The act is over. We did what we needed to do last night, alright?”
 
She didn't want him to pretend to be all mushy gushy when he didn't need to.
 
Keh
 
`So she didn't even like last night, it was just something she had to do? Fine then. If that's how she wants it…' he thought grimly.
 
But that kiss he was about to give her, that was real.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
The next few weeks were a blur for Inuyasha. Things had eased up a little, very, very, little between him and Kagome.
 
They both seemed to have dodged the subject. This was fairly easy, for he was at work all day and Kagome stayed at home, bored out of her mind.
 
Sango would visit every now and then with Miroku, but they usually had school to attend to.
 
Oh how Kagome missed school. She missed all of her friends. Surely the knew she's been married?
 
She looked at the clock. It read 12:05. Right about now, if she'd never been married, she'd be sitting at her lunch table with Sango, laughing about how the gym teacher always smelled bad, or picking at how gross the school lunches were.
 
If this was how life was going to be from now on, she wasn't too pleased with it.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
As she was getting dressed one morning her pants wouldn't button. She started to pace the large bedroom.
 
“Crap. Staying in this house all day is making me fat” she said to herself, pausing in front of the mirror.
 
`Inuyasha hasn't said anything about my weight…But he's always at workhe'd never notice…'
 
Even though things were kind of weird between them Kagome missed his company.
 
`Why did I have to be so mean? The poor guy probably thinks I hate him now…Inuyasha.'
 
She lay back on the bed they used to share. After that night, he moved into one of the spare rooms without explanation…not that Kagome asked for one. Talking to him was very awkward nowadays.
 
He was gone before she could wake up, and came back just as she was getting ready to go to sleep. She caught glimpses of his silver locks as he sped through the door, worn and tired. Usually, he nodded at her, before locking himself in the bathroom to take a shower, and then he'd go to bed.
 
His scent had almost faded from the pillow that he was clutching. Tears rolled from her eyes onto the cotton pillow case.
 
Little did she know, amber eyes were watching her through a crack in the door.
 
`Kagome…'
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
Kagome stared out the window of her family's limo, watching the rain make patterns on the tinted glass. She held her hand up to her stomach and winced as another wave of nausea hit her.
 
You see, Kagome had been sick about every morning for the past few weeks and decided to go see her family's doctor to make sure it wasn't anything serious. She didn't tell Inuyasha…she never has the chance to. He probably wouldn't mind. All he'd say was that she'd need to toughen up and get over it.
 
Kagome shook off the feeling of pain that came with the though of his careless ness and slid out of the limo door into the doctor's parking lot.
 
The bottoms of her flats let the cold of the floor seep into to her the sole of her feet. Shivers shot through her body.
 
Slowly, she walked up to the receptionist, and old woman with long gray hair and horn-rimmed glasses.
 
“May I help you?”
 
“Yes, I'm Kagome Hig---Takahashi.” Kagome frowned.
 
Yes, Yes. Dr. Tsutoki will be with you shortly.”
 
Kagome nodded before walking over to the sitting area. She grasped her purse in her jean clad lap. The waiting room was pasted with floral wallpaper, and children's toys were scattered in one corner. Magazines lay on a table. Kagome winced when she saw one of the headlines on a magazine dated almost two months ago.
 
It read “Millionaire Technological Businessman Takahashi Inutashio's son marries Airline mogul, Higurashi Aikido's daughter.”
 
She grabbed it quickly.
 
`How many people have seenthis?'groaned Kagome.
 
Just as she was stuffing the magazine into her purse, the nurse came in. “Takahashi Kagome?”
 
Kagome stood up, pasted on a smile and followed the woman into the doctor's office.
 
They look her weight and height, before having her sit on the uncomfortable table in the middle of the room.
 
A middle aged man, Dr. Tsutoki, walked in with a smile.
 
“Hello” he said cheerfully.
 
Kagome faked a smile.
 
“Hello.” She replied.
 
“What seems to be the problem, Ms. Takahashi?” he asked, placing his folders on the desk next to the door.
 
“Well, for the past couple of weeks, I've felt sick. Usually, I can't keep my breakfast down.”

“Mhmm. Are you sexually active, Ms. Takahashi?”
 
“Sort of…” Kagome answered with a blush.
 
“Have you noticed anything else odd? Heightened sense of smell? Is your period late?”
 
“I haven't noticed the smell thing…and I don't think my period is late.” She added in a low tone. It wasn't supposed to come until next week.
 
“I'm going to take a simple blood test, if that's alright. Just to see that its nothing serious.” Tsutoki said.
 
Kagome nodded.
 
She grabbed the hem of her sweater as the doctor poked the needle into her porcelain skin. A horrible feeling in the pit of her stomach arose when she saw her blood fill the tiny needle.
 
“Thanks. I'll be back in am moment.”
 
Kagome watched him exit the room.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
He entered about five minutes later, and told her the news.
 
She stared at the doctor with shock- stricken eyes.
 
`No!'
 
“W-What?” Kagome stammered. “That can't be possible”
 
“Indeed it is Mrs. Takahashi. You are going to have a baby. Congratulations.”
 
“A baby? Oh my…” she fell back onto the hospital bed.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
`Inuyasha is going to flip'
 
Kagome thought, staring out of the limo window. Her hand was on her stomach. She still couldn't believe it.
 
`We only did it once …His father is going to be overjoyed. Oh my god, I'm having a freaking BABY'
 
Kagome frowned. She wasn't ready for a baby yet…maybe in a few years, when she was older. She herself was still a child. Heck, Inuyasha was still a child. This wasn't what she planned at all. She couldn't tell Inuyasha. They weren't even talking.
 
“Oh my…” she whispered, and began to stroke her flat stomach.
 
A vision of the little baby she dreamed of the night of her wedding popped into her mind.
 
“Atleast the kid will be well taken care of…” she said to no one.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
“Dad, please stop nagging me about this.” Inuyasha slammed his desk top with his fist.
 
“But Inuyasha, it's been so long since we've seen Kagome.” Inutashio sat across from his son, in the C.E.O's office. Inuyasha looked around. His father only had one picture of his family on his desk and it was one taken when Inuyasha was around ten.
 
“No Dad, you just want to sniff her out.”
 
“I never said that.”
 
“Stop bothering us about that.”
 
“But son…”
 
“Don't you have C.E.O work to do or something?” he asked, face flaming.
 
“Yes, I suppose I do. Your mother misses you dearly, and it's been a while since we've met up with the Higurashis. Dinner at the mansion tomorrow. You will be attending.” Saying that Inutashio left, leaving Inuyasha to fume all by himself.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
When Kagome got home, she was surprised to see Inuyasha sitting at the kitchen table.
 
“Where were you?” he asked bitterly.
 
“I didn't think you'd be home, and I was at the doctors.”
 
“Oh…” Inuyasha said, before yawning.
 
Kagome held her breath. `Now is as good as any…I should tell him…'
 
`“Tired?” Kagome asked. He nodded, rubbing his eyes.
 
Those beautiful amber eyes…
 
“Need some coffee or something?” she asked.
 
She didn't like seeing him so worn out.
 
“No thanks” he said, not looking at her.
 
She took a deep breath.
 
“I've been thinking a lot and…we really need to talk.” She said, trying to connect her line of vision with his. It wasn't proven easy.
 
“We do?” he asked.
 
“Yes. We do. That night…I feel horrible about it” Kagome said.
 
She saw a look of fleeting sadness cross Inuyasha handsome, warn out face and quickly recuperated her point, “The way we're treating each other is horrible. I never see…I miss you, Inuyasha”
 
 
He examined her. Something was different. Her skin was glowing and she was wearing an over-sized sweater instead of her usual designer tee shirt and her hair was put up into a careless ponytail.
 
She didn't smell like she had any make-up on…and yet, she was as beautiful as ever.
 
“Really?” he asked, ears perking up.
 
She nodded and placed her smaller hand onto his. “Yeah…You realize what we have isn't normal?” she said with a small chuckle.
 
He laughed for the first time in weeks. “Sure… But making it normal wouldn't be easy, would it?”
 
“Why not?” Kagome asked perplexedly.
 
“Because…it just wouldn't”
 
“Give me a reason”
 
“…Never mind.”
 
“No”
 
Inuyasha sighed. “Because you don't want a normal marital relationship do you?”
 
Kagome looked back at the ground.
 
“What do you mean?” she asked innocently. Inuyasha huffed and took his hand out from under hers.
 
“You know what I mean Kagome…marriage isn't just a friendship.”
 
“I know”
 
“Then you know why we can't make it normal.”
 
She felt the tears forming.
 
`But I want it to be as normal as possible.'
 
“Is that all you think of me as? A friend?” She asked, two inches from sobbing her eyes out.
 
“That's all you see me as.” He said. The scent of her tears radiating off of her.
 
`Please don't cry' He mentally begged.
 
The truth was…he loved her. More then she would ever know. It hadn't taken him long to figure that out.
 
She was one of the kindest, caring, beautiful people he had ever met.
 
“When did I ever say that?” She asked in a cracked tone.
 
No answer.
 
“Inuyasha.” She said, seeing that he never replied to her first question.“That night…I sort of used you and your father's agreement as an excuse” she took a quick breath “to-be-closer-to-you.” She flushed. Both of them turned bright red.
 
“Kagome?” Inuyasha asked, quite shocked by her comment.
 
The tears started to flow down her cheeks. Not sad tears. Not happy tears. Tears of love.
 
“You idiot” Kagome said, grinning yet crying at the same time.
 
He pulled her off of her chair and into his arms.
 
Was it just him or did she get a teensy weensy bit heavier?
 
The next thing Kagome knew, Inuyasha had her in his arms, his soft lips on hers. After what seemed like hours they pulled away from the kiss and Kagome laid her head on his chest.
 
“I think I'm in love with you Inuyasha” she admitted. His heart jumped. She loved him.
 
“That's-That's” he smiled “I know how you feel”
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
Inuyasha strode into the bedroom the next evening to see Kagome sitting on the bed.
 
“My dad invited us and your parents to dinner tomorrow”
 
Kagome looked up from the book she was pretending to read. “Really? It's been a while since I've seen my parents…It'll be nice.”
 
She couldn't bring herself to look into his eyes, seeing as she'd just been thinking about the baby she wasn't ready to have.
 
Inuyasha sat down next to her on the couch and gave her a kiss. Kagome gave him a half smile and looked down at her book. A frown appeared on her face and she put a hand on her stomach.
 
“What's wrong? Are you feeling sick again?” he asked. Kagome shook her head. “No” she lied.
 
He huffed with a smile on his face, before taking his horrible jacket off, and then disposing his tie.
 
Kagome felt warmth as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, and pulled her back onto the bed.
 
“I love you Kagome” he whispered.
 
“I love you too Inuyasha” she whispered back, snuggling her head into his chest. It felt wonderful to say that freely to him.
 
`God…why can't I just tell him about the baby,as easy as I can tell him how much I love him? Stupid Kags, Stupid, Stupid'.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
Kagome stared at Inuyasha out of the corner of her eyes. Lights passed by his face as the car zoomed down the busy street. He looked very peaceful, concentrated look etched into his boyish features.
 
He noticed her eyes on him and shot her a quick smirk.
 
“What?”
 
“What what?” Kagome asked hoping he didn't see her staring at him.
 
“What are you looking at?”
 
`Maybe telling him about the baby in a moving vehicle isn't a great idea…'
 
“Nothing” she replied staring out of the wind-shield.
 
“Tell me” he said with an all-knowing look.
 
“You're pretty” she replied quickly.
 
`Nice cover-up dumb-butt…' she mentally slapped herself.
 
“Thanks?”
 
“You're welcome”
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
 
They pulled up to the mansion, after driving for five minutes down a beautifully paved driveway. It was almost five stories tall, was surrounded by forest, and seemed to go on forever.
 
Kagome had always felt a sense of unease whenever she came near it.
 
They got out of the car, and Kagome stopped to stare at it for a moment.
 
“Come on.” Inuyasha grunted, pushing the small of her back forward, up to the never ending stoop. Once they got up those steps, Inuyasha's mother was awaiting them.
 
“Kagome, how wonderful to see you” Izayoi greeted her son and his wife with open arms.
 
“Same to you Mrs.Takahashi” Kagome said with a smile. “Please call me mom. Remember, you're family now.” Kagome nodded.
 
`Does she have to say that every time I see her…?What am I complaining about? It's pretty nice being a part of this family.' She placed her hand on her stomach. `And making it bigger is one of my many jobs…'
 
Inuyasha grabbed her free hand and pulled her into the parlor. It was hu-u-u-ge.
 
“Kagome, darling, we've missed you so much”
 
Kagome grinned and ran to hug her parents, both of whom were sitting on the spacious couch that took up one thirds of the room.
 
“I've missed you too” Kagome said, embracing her mother. She still smelled the same. Chanel No. 9 and chocolate chip cookies…
 
“How's my little princess?” Mr. Higurashi asked and pulled Kagome into the biggest hug in the world.
 
“Great Daddy” she said with a blush.
 
`Call me that in front of Inuyasha?'
He hadn't called her princess since she was 11.
 
Mr. Higurashi turned towards Inuyasha. “You've been treating her well I presume?
 
“Yes sir” Inuyasha shook his hand. A light blush crept over his bronzed cheeks.
 
A door closed in the background, and everybody turned toward it, other than Kagome and Inuyasha.
 
“I've been taking very good care of you” he whispered into her ear playfully.
 
“Inuyasha!” she blushed as he wrapped an arm around her slightly swollen waist.
 
“Ah, you've arrived”
 
Mr. Takahashi entered the parlor. Inuyasha quickly dropped his arms to his sides. Good thing too, because right as he did, Kagome felt something shift slightly in her lower abdomen.
 
Inuyasha watched him sniff the air, and then give them a wink.
 
`This is embarrassing. Damnit. Sometimes I wish I was completely human…'
 
`Does he smell me? Oh my god. Kami, please tell me that Mr.Takahashi can't sniff out the baby…' Kagome thought.
 
“Kaggy, why don't you tell us about the honeymoon?” Mrs.Higurashi chirped, noticing the mischievous glint in Inutashio's eyes as he stared at the young, not to mention stiff, newlyweds.
 
Kagome sat down and with great detail, told them all about the trip. Inuyasha mentally thanked her for not saying anything about Kikyo.
 
Izayoi had never liked her as Inuyasha's girlfriend. Kikyo had always been a little ditzy and Izayoi could easily tell she wasn't right for Inuyasha. That's why she liked Kagome so much and the fact that she picked her out for him.
 
He watched her lips moving, not quite listening to the sounds that said lips were forming. Every now and then she's get really excited and he watched her nose crinkle up and her eyes sparkle.
 
“Then, Inuyasha full out tripped over the sea turtle. Poor little guy couldn't get away fast enough” Kagome added, causing the whole group to erupt with laughs, other than they hanyou himself.
 
“Stupid thing came out of no where” he mumbled.
 
There was a moment of awkward silence before Kagome shifted a bit.
 
“Sesshomaru is here isn't he? “ Kagome asked looking around. It had been almost ten years since she'd seen him and just noticed that he wasn't with them.
 
Inuyasha growled at the mention of his half brothers name.
 
“No, he couldn't make it tonight” Izayoi said, totally oblivious to the hatred Inuyasha felt towards Sesshomaru.
 
Kagome watched Inuyasha go from pissed, to sad, to blank in 5 seconds. She shot him a smile and put her hand on his knee. She'd have to see what that was all about later.