InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Matchmaker ❯ Akemi's Reaction ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Matchmaker

Starlight Demon 22

*Taps the microphone* Is this thing on? It is? Great! I just wanted to say hi and thank you for reading my story! Also, I do not own the story of Inuyasha or the characters, they belong to the ever talented Rumiko Takahashi. I own Akemi, but that’s nothing as special as the other characters. *Sighs and wishes she did own them* Oh well. Enjoy the story and please leave me a review, just to let me know if you like it or not! Bye! *Waves wildly like a child*

Chapter 3- Akemi’s Reaction
************************************************************** **********
The Higurashi family’s reaction was a blow to Seiji’s confidence, no question about it. But he needed to also contact the Kosenjou family as well. He figured, since her father was youkai, that they may be a little more receptive to the importance of the matchmaker’s place in the whole ritual. He looked up to see his own mate walk in and smile at him as she waited to hear what he had to say.

“So, did you speak to Kagome?” she asked as she sat down. Her mate sighed and shook his head.

“No, I spoke to her mother who seemed confident enough to practically say no for her daughter. Apparently she’s thinking about it.” Seiji said as she nodded.

“That’s not a no, Seiji, it just means it’s a shock to her. Remember humans don’t think about such things. That doesn’t mean she won’t think about it though. Her mother is as protective of her as I am of the boys, I’d be worried if someone called and said that my son was to marry her daughter because some woman said so. Or don’t you remember my parents’ reaction?” Izayoi said as she thought about it. He sighed and nodded as he thought. His father had written her family and told them what the matchmaker said, in response they hid her from them and sent back word that he was forbidden to meet her.

“I’ll give her the night and call them in the morning.” he said as she nodded. “Now I have to call the Kosenjou family. This will be interesting as well.” She smiled and shrugged as she sat back and watched her mate work. He put the phone on speaker as it rang and smiled weakly at her as she relaxed some.

“Kosenjou residence, for whom are you calling?” a maid answered the phone.

“May I speak to Mr. Kosenjou, please,” Seiji said as he thought.

“One moment please,” the response was and they were put on hold.

“This is Kosenjou, Darien speaking,” was a quick reply.

“Mr. Kosenjou, this is Takahashi, Seiji calling.” Seiji said.

“Seiji, hello, how are you? What has you calling me today?” Darien asked surprised.

“I’m fine, I wanted to let you know, my eldest met with the matchmaker last night.” Seiji responded.

“Lady Rayne? That’s wonderful news!” Darien said enthusiastically.

“Yes, thank you, but I wanted to let you know she named your daughter as his mate last night.” Seiji said figuring this would be the easy call and should have made it first.

“Yes, that is wonderful news! Hold on one moment and I’ll let Akemi know what’s going on!” Darien put them on hold again and Seiji looked at his mate as she smiled.

“I should have made this call first, that way I could figure something better out for the Higurashis.” Seiji said as she smiled and shrugged.

“Seiji,” Darien said as he returned, “Akemi has responded as expected, surprised but not too bad. I must warn you she’s only graduated from art school so she’s still in that world of what I want to be when I grow up.” Darien chuckled as Seiji smirked.

“I understand that, we’ll give her a whole room to have at,” Seiji said amused. “I figured we’ll pick her up on Monday, if that’s alright with you?”

“Monday? Yes, that should be fine. If there’s anything comes up I’ll let you know.” Darien said as Seiji nodded.

“Alright, I’ll let you go to help get your daughter ready. We’ll see you Monday morning then.” Seiji responded. They hung up and he sighed.

Darien hung up the phone and looked at his daughter as she sat in the arm chair across from him. She looked irritated but didn’t seem worse for the wear. She was currently drawing in a sketchbook, one of her millions that had appeared in her room at any time given a chance. She sighed as he smiled at her.

“Takahashi, Sesshomaru, huh?” he said happily. “That’s a very smart match.”

“If you insist,” Akemi responded as her father looked at he warily. “What? You’re lucky I agreed.”

“You’d agree if you had a choice. You know what this means, if a matchmaker says so, you do it.” Darien said as she looked prepared to counter that statement. “It’s for your own good, kitten, this way I know you’re going to be properly taken care of.”

“I think it’s stupid because then you don’t know if your kids can find their true loves on their own.” Akemi said darkly as she glared at her sketchbook and scribbled on something. “What if I wanted to mate with someone else? What would you do then?”

“It would have been wrong and it would have been nullified.” Darien reminded her. “So, unless something else happens, you’ll be leaving with them on Monday morning, bright and early. So this weekend we’ll spend packing and Seiji says that you’ll have an entire room to decorate.”

“Yay,” Akemi said unenthusiastically as she got up from her chair. “With that note I’ll be in my room deciding the best way to torture a male I don’t want.” Her father sighed and shook his head as he thought. He got up and found a maid.

“Find one of the errand boys and send him to my study, please,” he said as she nodded, bowed, and ran off. He entered his study and sat down, pulling out a small book and writing the date down and the phone call he received. Everything that was important to know, information that concerned Akemi, was written in this book, from her first word to today.

“Enter!” he called when someone knocked on his door. A young man entered the office and stood ready for his orders as Darien finished up. “Here is one of the credit cards, I need you to go out and pick up some boxes for me. My daughter will be moving on Monday morning so we need some that can hold a lot of sketchbooks and such, heavy things.” The young man nodded and ran off as he stood up and went to find Akemi.

He walked to her room and heard her usual loud music blaring from the room. He was prepared to open the door when he heard her voice, miraculously, over the noisy music. She was on the phone talking to a friend.

“I know Sango, do you think I even want to consider this? I have no choice, it’s a youkai thing...I think anyway.” Akemi said, she sounded upset. Sighing he wondered if he should continue to eavesdrop or let her go on ranting and hope it’ll help. It won’t if he’s caught. “No, Sango! Running from this is pointless! Besides, I might as well meet the guy. What’s the worse that can happen? We kill each other off? At least I’ll go out with a bang.” He sighed and walked off as he decided what he could do to try and cheer her up at least.

“Papa, I’m going out with Sango!” Akemi called towards his office.

“Alright, Kitten!” he called back. This was good, he figured if she went out with Sango he’d be able to get the chef to make her favorite meal as the maids cleaned the house up appropriately. He watched as she drove off before heading to the kitchen to give his orders for the night.

Akemi sighed as she pulled up to Sango’s house. Her friend offered to go to the mall with her to help get her mind off of her pending mating. As Sango ran outside to the car she smiled as she waved a credit card.

“Father gave me his credit card,” Sango said excitedly. “I say we get a few new outfits.” Akemi shrugged and nodded as she waited for Sango to buckle up and get ready to go. As they drove along Sango happily sang along with the radio and such, Akemi just concentrated on the road as she thought. She wasn’t quite sure what she was supposed to do. Sango didn’t understand, she didn’t have to worry about a youkai laying claim to her.

Sango was the daughter of a famous taiji ya, or demon hunter, so demons after his daughter were easily dealt with unless Sango said so. She had a younger brother named Kohaku and a two-tailed mononoke named Kirara. Sango was usually very happy, though she was easily turned serious when needed, especially when there were problems with males of all species. Once she wanted to club one of Akemi’s ex-boyfriends with a giant bone boomerang her father had made specially for her. Akemi was so surprised that she could carry the thing, she didn’t want to see Sango hurt herself throwing it at him. It turned out, throwing it was sometimes easier for Sango than carrying it around everywhere.

“So, what are you going to do?” Sango asked as they pulled into the parking lot. Akemi shrugged as they walked by a jewelry store. “Want to look?”

“Sure, I’m sure there’s something I can buy to appease my annoyed nerves.” Akemi said as she thought. “So, are you looking for a piece in particular?”

“No,” Sango said as they walked in. Immediately a young male came over to see if he could help. Both Sango and Akemi noticed him, it was hard not to. He was a youkai, problem was he was a boar youkai and stank beyond all belief. Both girls glanced at each other as he tried to smoothly lean on the counter to smile at them.

“Can I help you ladies?” he asked as he smiled at them in a fashion he deemed charming.

“Tell me, have you ever heard of Takahashi, Sesshomaru?” Akemi asked him curiously.

“Takahashi, Sesshomaru, of course! Who hasn’t!” he said enthusiastically. It was obvious he was surprised she was speaking to him, but what she was getting at was far beyond what he expected.

“That’s my mate-to-be, so I would appreciate it if you left us look or I’ll own this place next.” Akemi said as he nodded and ran off while Sango fought not to laugh. The other women in the shop chuckled and smiled in appreciation for Akemi’s threat on the male. Apparently he was known to harass the customers.

“And you say being forced into a mating situation with him is pointless.” Sango teased. Akemi rolled her eyes as her friend giggled.

“I just don’t like not having a choice.” Akemi said softly. “You’re lucky, humans are allowed to court each other.” Sango sighed but nodded in agreement none the less. She would also hate being told who she could marry. She’d probably send the poor boy running for the hills, her on the hunt with her boomerang.

“Well, it could be worse,” Sango said as Akemi looked at her confused, “it could be stinky over there.” Akemi and Sango laughed as they walked out of the store and headed to the nearest clothes store.

Bags loading them down they wandered the last of the mall going by various stores, Akemi stopped and dropped onto a bench with a sigh. Sango chuckled and dropped next to her, looking around curiously.

“Well,” she said nodding to a shop to their left, “we should stop in there for the honeymoon then.” Akemi looked over and sighed as she shook her head. “Come on, it’ll be fun, plus they have adorable bras and panties.” Akemi shrugged and nodded as they climbed to get back up and headed over.

“I guess...it wouldn’t be horrible to buy something, ya know?” Akemi said as she spotted a cute teddy. Sango giggled as she pulled her to the hangers to find her friend’s size.

By the end of the day the girls filled the car with bags from just about every store in the mall. As they drove home Akemi’s cell phone rang. “Kosenjou, Akemi speaking,” Akemi said as Sango turned the music down. “Hello,” Sango looked at her curiously as Akemi listened. “Are you sure...? Alright, seven o’clock.” She hung up the phone as Sango looked at her confused.

“No one,” Akemi answered her unasked question. Sango nodded and shrugged as they pulled up to her house. “I’ll talk to you later?”

“Yup, tell me of your final decision,” Sango teased as she grabbed her bags. “We’ll go further shopping for wedding night stuff if you agree.” Akemi rolled her eyes as Sango laughed and giggled before running up to her house and hiding herself away from the world with her new possessions.

Akemi sighed and drove home, she knew her father would worry if she didn’t appear at some point in time for dinner, so she would eat light before her meeting. She pulled up and grabbed her bags. She walked in and smiled weakly as she smelled the delicious aromas of her favorite meal wafting through the mansion. She ran upstairs and got ready for dinner, forgetting all about the idea of eating light and almost forgetting about her meeting at seven.

“Hello Kitten, how was the mall?” her father asked as they sat down to eat.

“Fine, Sango and I went shopping, bought lots of things as usual,” Akemi said as she smirked a little. “I think we have a shopping problem, only Sango’s answer it to shop more.” He chuckled as she smiled a little. “What have you been up to all day?”

“Nothing much, worked on some paperwork for the business and just some random things that needed to be done. I figured we’d have your favorite tonight to celebrate,” he said with a grin. Akemi’s smile weakened a little, but she nodded all the same.

They ate in silence and when all was said and done, so was the meal. Akemi had eaten her fair portion of the food, enjoying each bite as if it were the most valuable piece of food in the world, and becoming homesick already. With a sigh she got up and left the room with her father to retire to the living room to relax and enjoy the cooler evening.

“I have to meet a friend at seven,” Akemi said as he sat down and relaxed. She knew the best time to approach her father was when he was well fed and tired. He’d be out cold in his chair in under fifteen minuets.

“Alright, Kitten, be careful driving out there,” her father said as he sighed contently. Akemi kissed him on the cheek and ran upstairs to get ready for her meeting. She tore through all the clothes she owned trying to find a suitable outfit, and failing miserably in her opinion. She pulled out a pair of hip hugger jeans and a cute t-shit and threw them on before doing her hair and grabbing a pair of flip-flops. She ran back downstairs with her purse and left the house.

“Later daddy!” she called as she left figuring he was already passed out. She hopped back into her car and drove off.

She pulled into the café about half an hour later to find the person she was to meet already there and in a secluded booth. With a sigh and check on her makeup, she got out of the car and entered the little building. As she walked in a waitress smiled as she walked up to her.

“Can I help you dear?” she asked her politely.

“No, I’m meeting someone here,” she answered as she pointed him out, “but thank you.”

“Of course,” she responded as she allowed Akemi to pass.

“Sesshomaru?” Akemi said softly as she walked up to him. He jumped and turned around to see her standing there. She smiled weakly at his obvious surprise as he quickly stumbled to stand and allowed her to choose where to sit. She sat down opposite of him and sighed a little.

“Can I get you anything?” the waitress asked as she walked up.

“A cup of cocoa?” Akemi asked sweetly. The woman smiled and nodded as she hurried off while Sesshomaru looked at her curiously. Akemi blushed a little under his heavy gaze as she looked around. It was a quaint place, cozy, and a great place to meet.

“So,” Sesshomaru said as he looked down to think. He knew he wouldn’t be able to if he continued to stare at her like an idiot, especially the one he’s been. “I didn’t think you’d come.”

“I didn’t think we were allowed,” Akemi said as she shot him a look. “But I don’t see why not, I mean it’s not going to kill us to see the person we’ve been told to mate, will it?”

“No, in fact I think it’s better this way,” Sesshomaru said as Akemi nodded. “I mean, I’m not sure if I’m completely comfortable mating with someone I barely know.” Akemi smiled and nodded as she looked down when the cocoa came.

“Thank you,” Akemi said as she looked up at the waitress. The woman smiled and walked off as Akemi sipped on it a little. “That makes two of us.” Sesshomaru sighed as she looked down. “So...what did you want to know?” She looked up at him and he could see the business behind her eyes and fought not to chuckle. He could see her being serious when she wanted to and then only, otherwise she seemed playful if not childish at times.

“Everything, I want to know about you. I’m not exactly Casanova, I’m not a ladies man, so I need you to work with me on this.” Sesshomaru said as Akemi smirked and nodded. She was used to being approached by “ladies men” and such, so this was an interesting change that she figured she could adjust to.

“Well, as you know I live with my father, I graduated high school in the early summer and haven’t looked at colleges yet. I normally spend my time with my best friend, Sango, and I think I have a spending problem.” Akemi said, both of them giggling a little at the last. “I realized that on a shopping trip today we took, coming out with about a dozen bags or so.” Sesshomaru nodded as he listened, fascinated with her already. “Tell me about you.”

“I work in the family business,” Sesshomaru said as Akemi nodded.

“Does that mean you have absolutely no life and I should expect to be left home alone for quite a bit of time?” Akemi asked him as he looked at her surprised. He thought about it but shook his head in the end anyway.

“Right now maybe, but definitely not. I think I can come up with a few reasons to go home and take more time off once you move in.” Sesshomaru said as Akemi blushed and looked down a little with a coy smile. He smirked to himself for making her blush so easily.

“So, I guess we’re agreed,” she said softly when she controlled her blush. Sesshomaru looked at her confused making her giggle. “That we can’t argue with this, it seems like a good idea. At least for now.” Sesshomaru smiled and nodded in agreement as she leaned on the table. “This was a very good idea of yours, Sesshomaru.”

“Thank you, Akemi,” he said huskily. Akemi smiled and shrugged innocently as she blushed a little.

“I guess,” she said as she noticed the waitress cleaning the tables and realized they were the only two left, “it’s time to go home.”

“Yes,” Sesshomaru said as he noticed the same thing. “I guess it is.” She smiled a little as she noticed a look of disappointment flash across his face. Akemi was disappointed as well, but knew well enough that they would see each other before they knew it.

Sesshomaru walked Akemi to her car and smiled as he looked it over. He watched as she tossed her purse and keys into the driver’s seat. She turned and smiled at him as he stood there.

“I had a good time,” she said softly as he nodded in agreement. “I’ll see you Monday.”

“Monday it is, have a good night.” Sesshomaru said as he thought. Akemi noticed his hesitation for something, but he seemed to change his mind about it.

“Goodnight,” Akemi finished before preparing to get in the car. Just as she opened the door and prepared to get in Sesshomaru grabbed her upper arm and pulled her against himself, kissing her before allowing her to get in the car, a bright red blush gracing her features and an arrogant smirk on his own.

Akemi pulled into her driveway, a small smile still gracing her lips, as she noticed the time for the first time. “Oh god!” she said surprised. “Midnight!” She dove out of the car and into her house before her father would notice anything else.