InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Matchmaker ❯ Kagome's Decision ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Matchmaker

Starlight Demon 22

*Taps the microphone* Is this thing on? It is? Great! I just wanted to say hi and thank you for reading my story! Also, I do not own the story of Inuyasha or the characters, they belong to the ever talented Rumiko Takahashi. I own Akemi, but that’s nothing as special as the other characters. *Sighs and wishes she did own them* Oh well. Enjoy the story and please leave me a review, just to let me know if you like it or not! Bye! *Waves wildly like a child*

Chapter 4- Kagome’s Decision
************************************************************** **********
Kagome was given the night to “decide”, though according to Seiji, she had no choice. She debated long and hard over what her mother had told her about everything she knew. She didn’t understand how the matchmaker could be so important as to decide who was going to marry who and that parents would be so determined as to follow her decisions. As she woke up the next morning she heard the phone go off and knew who was on the other end.

“I got it!” Kagome yelled, though her mother protested. “Higurashi residence, Kagome speaking.”

“Hello Kagome, my name is Takahashi, Seiji,” was the kind voice on the other end. She sighed as she had figured this was to be her future father-in-law.

“Hello Mr. Takahashi,” Kagome said calmly as she sat down at her desk shaking. To say the least, it was unnerving and exciting at the same time when one was speaking to one of the richest men in the world. Of course, this man was demanding she marry one of his sons. Probably some rich brat who couldn’t find a woman if he wanted to. “How can I help you?” But it was best to be polite.

“I assume your mother has explained everything,” he said calmly.

“About the matchmaker? Yes, she’s explained everything. I’m assuming she told you that I would be reluctant to agree to such a thing?” Kagome said as she relaxed in the chair, he seemed civil enough.

“Yes, I’m calling to speak to you though. As well as I’m sure your mother explained it, I must impress the importance of such a thing.” Seiji said calmly, this was easier than speaking to her mother.

“Then impress the importance, because I’m sorry to say, I’m not marrying a man I don’t know.” Kagome said softly, but she was obviously stern and had made her mind up.

“The tradition of the matchmaker is hundreds of years old,” Seiji explained. “Youkai families, particularly the more powerful ones, used matchmakers to make sure their offspring mated with the appropriate youkai offspring. Normally the ones named were the ones that turned out to be the perfect mate for them anyway. I’m sure if you and Inuyasha had met in different circumstances and got to know each other, the way humans court, I’m sure you’d be perfect for each other.” Kagome nodded as she thought about it.

“Well, lets test that theory out,” Kagome said as she sat back some like making a business deal. “Am I allowed, by the rules of this matchmaking thing, to meet him before I move in?”

“Of course, if you want to,” Seiji said as he thought about it.

“Then allow me to meet Inuyasha this afternoon and if I agree, I’ll agree, if not no.” Kagome said as she listened to him sigh heavily on the other end. She was being stubborn, but after talking with her mother twice yesterday he wasn’t surprised.

“I’ll have him call you to arrange a time and place,” Seiji replied. Kagome smiled pleased with this. “But I must tell you, he is a little harsh.”

“Harsh? Alright, harsh,” Kagome said with a shrug. “I’ll await his call.”

“Alright then, it was good speaking with you Kagome,” Seiji replied.

“You too, Mr. Takahashi,” Kagome said good-humouredly. “Goodbye.”

“Goodbye.” he said and with that they hung up the phone. Kagome put her phone down and started to pick out her clothes for the day. There was a soft knock as she got dressed.

“One minuet!” Kagome called out while throwing clothes on. She opened the door to see her mother standing there with two cups of coffee. Kagome moved and took one of the cups while her mother sat on her bed with the other.

“I’m guessing that was Seiji Takahashi,” her mother said before sipping her cup. Kagome nodded while taking a descent sized sip.

“Yes, and he wanted to know what I said about the whole deal,” Kagome said as her mother nodded. “I told him, I’m not marrying someone I don’t know. He of course reiterated that I wasn’t to mate or marry his son until I was comfortable, but I know that was probably a ruse. Then he explained the tradition of the matchmaker and the importance of it all, though it still sounds stupid to me.”

“I know, it’s because we don’t normally do that with our own children.” Mina said calmly. “Anyway?”

“Anyway, I told him the only way I’d make my final decision is to meet with his son, Inuyasha. So he’s going to call to set up a time and place to meet and then I’ll make my decision.” Kagome said as if it weren’t that big of a deal. Her mother nodded as she thought about it.

“Sounds like a plan.” Mina said as Kagome nodded. “So, what are you going to wear?”

“I don’t know, probably one of the new outfits you got me yesterday,” Kagome said as she thought about it. “But I don’t know, mama, this is just so much so soon.” Her mother nodded in agreement. “I just graduated high school and now I’m supposed to marry an heir to one of the richest, if not the richest, families in the world? Ti doesn’t make sense. But I did agree to meet this guy so meet him I will. Who knows, I may like him enough to date him for a bit.”

“Maybe,” Mina said as she thought about it, “anything’s possible.” Kagome nodded as she put the cup on her desk and started pulling out clothes to find possible outfits to wear when she went to meet with Inuyasha later on. Mina left her alone, taking the cups with her to wash while Kagome went through her wardrobe.

An hour later the phone rang and Kagome picked it up again first. “Higurashi residence, Kagome speaking.” she answered.

“Hi, this is Inuyasha,” the voice was uncertain, yet obviously kind. “I was told to call you. You wanted to meet me?”

“Yes, I figured before I agree to anything, I should meet you.” Kagome said as if it were obvious.

“Alright,” Inuyasha said without hesitation. “I’m available at any time, was there somewhere specific and when?”

“No, I’m free all day as well,” Kagome responded as she pulled out a pair of jeans and a tank top. “So, it’s all you.”

“Alright, how about twelve at the mall? We can just wander around and talk, and then we’ll go from there.” Inuyasha suggested.

“Sounds good,” Kagome said. “I’ll meet you in the food court?”

“Alright, how will I know it’s you?” Inuyasha asked worriedly.

“I’ll be the girl with the long black hair, blue eyes, in a pair of blue jeans, and a green baby top.” Kagome responded. “How will I know it’s you?” She didn’t really need to know, but she liked to tease him about it.

“Trust me, if you’ve ever read a magazine, you’ll know who I am when you see me,” Inuyasha said as Kagome fought not to pout that he wouldn’t play.

“Alright, here’s hoping,” Kagome said as she smirked. “So I’ll meet you at twelve in the mall at the food court.”

“See you then.” Inuyasha said. After quick goodbyes so they could both get ready Kagome threw the outfit on as Inuyasha went to speak to his father and prepare. He knew it was up to him to get her to do this willingly.

At noon they were both in the crowded mall food court. Kagome sighed as she looked for the hanyou she had seen multiple times in various magazines. But with all the possible girls to fawn over him, she was certain he was somewhere close by without being seen. She wandered a bit, just casing the area to see who was there when she noticed a mob of girls. They were obviously surrounding some poor guy, as she heard one saying that he was taken and just waiting for his girlfriend. She walked up and noticed him and smirked amused, this was his choice.

“Excuse me, I need to get to my boyfriend,” Kagome said as one of the girls shot her a dirty look. Kagome rolled her eyes and forced herself through the small mob surrounding the young hanyou and walked up to him. “Inuyasha, lets go so we can escape from this mob.”

“Kagome! Great, lets go,” he said as he pulled her through the mob and headed down to the opposite end of the mall. The girls pouted, some followed, and all seemed to want to be in Kagome’s place.

“So, girlfriend, huh?” Kagome teased. Inuyasha blushed a little as he looked down.

“Boyfriend?” he tried taunt back. Kagome smiled, knowing he was trying to tease back.

“I was just playing along so they wouldn’t know the difference.” Kagome said innocently. Inuyasha chuckled as he nodded.

They walked the mall, talking about themselves and learning about each other. This was better than being forced to move in together without knowing each other. As time grew near to go home they headed back to the food court only to find more mobs of girls, making Inuyasha realize they were all waiting for him. The original crowd must have called their friends, several times over. They grabbed a side exit and he walked her to her car.

“It was nice knowing you, Inuyasha,” Kagome said with a smile. He smiled and nodded bashfully as he scratched at the back of his head a little. He had honestly been surprised they got a long so well.

“It was great getting to know you,” he said as she smiled and shrugged. She reached up and pecked him on the cheek before climbing into the car.

“I guess I’ll see you on Monday,” Kagome said before closing the door.

“Bright and early,” he said with a big smile. Inside he was cheering that she was going to agree to all this willingly. He was worried she’d fight it, in which case it would make everything they will have to go through much harder. She closed the door with a final smile and started her car. He moved back and watched as she drove off before going to his own car.

Inuyasha arrived home after about half an hour and found his father in his study. He walked in and found him reading something. He sat down as his father marked his page and looked at his son expectantly. “Everything’s fine, I fixed your mess,” Inuyasha said disdainfully. His father rolled his eyes as he sat back and looked at him curiously.

“So all’s well,” he said amused. “Did you kiss?”

“Is that any of your business?” Inuyasha asked irritated.

“I’ll take that as a no, and I was only asking because your brother snuck out and met his potential mate. To say they kissed would be rather...simple.” he said as he thought. Inuyasha just shrugged, he wasn’t going to tell his father Kagome gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. “But it’s good, all is well and the girls will be picked up early Monday.”

“How early?” Inuyasha demanded, he hated getting up when he could sleep in.

“I was thinking nine,” his father said with a shrug. “Plenty of time for them to be up and ready, you to be up and ready, and the house to be cleaned in anticipation for our new princesses.” Inuyasha nodded in agreement, though he realized there went his plan to sleep in.

“Alright,” Inuyasha said as he got up. “I’m getting to my room, have to adjust to it.” His father nodded and went back to his reading as Inuyasha left. He walked by Sesshomaru’s room and noticed him walking out with a smirk on his face and cell phone to his ear. Obviously he was on the phone with his mate-to-be. Inuyasha entered his new room and sighed as he dropped onto the bed. It was too big now, he couldn’t wait for Kagome to help fill it. Slowly, yet surely, Inuyasha fell asleep thinking of Kagome and their life together.