InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Matchmaker ❯ Ah...Love...I Think... ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Matchmaker

Starlight Demon 22

Taps the microphone
Is this thing on? It is? Great! I just wanted to say hi and thank you for reading my story! Also, I do not own the story of Inuyasha or the characters, they belong to the ever talented Rumiko Takahashi. I own Akemi, but that’s nothing as special as the other characters. Sighs and wishes she did own them Oh well. Enjoy the story and please leave me a review, just to let me know if you like it or not! Bye! Waves wildly like a child

Chapter 16- Ah...Love...I Think...
************************************************************************

Sesshomaru woke up the next morning and smiled as he watched his mate resting. They were wrapped up in the blankets of the bed, which had been completely disheveled by the time they were done, with all the pillows on the floor. Akemi stirred a little but nothing that would signal her waking at any time soon.

Slowly and silently Sesshomaru slid out of bed and prepared to get dressed. He figured maybe he can soften the blow of their mating to the others so the celebration wouldn’t be huge. Akemi came off as the private type. He slid a pair of jeans on before a t-shirt, not wanting to upset Izayoi with his own set of marks, namely the scratch marks down his back. He silently left the room and headed downstairs to see Inuyasha thumping down and looking absolutely miserable.

“No word yet?” Sesshomaru asked him softly. Inuyasha shook his head, his puppy ears looking similar to wilted flower petals before falling off the flower. “She’ll come around.”

“I want her to willingly, not because we’ll end up taking her to fucking court,” Inuyasha snapped annoyed.

“And that’s what I meant, not the lawsuit,” Sesshomaru said seeing it was no use talking with Inuyasha at the moment. “What else is new?”

“Nothing,” Inuyasha said with a careless shrug. “Maybe I should go talk to her, tell her she’s right and apologize.” Sesshomaru shrugged as he thought about it.

“That could work,” he said as Inuyasha nodded, seeming to perk up at the idea. “And when she realizes she’s the one in control she can run your life as if you were her lover slave.” Inuyasha growled at him as he ran off before he could fully comprehend what he said. When he did Inuyasha went running after Sesshomaru.

“Sesshomaru! You fucking idiot! Stop running you ass!” Inuyasha hollered as he ran after Sesshomaru into the dinning room. “Son of a bitch, get your ass back here for a proper kicking!”

“Inuyasha, language,” his father said startling him from behind. Yes, his parents had heard the whole thing without his knowledge. Some days it pays off to sniff before saying anything. Inuyasha slunk to his spot at the table and sighed as he watched his parents sit down.

“Good morning Sesshomaru,” Izayoi said happily, “we were worried about you and Akemi last night.”

“Oh, no need,” Sesshomaru said as his father’s scowl at his youngest turned into a proud smirk for his oldest. “Father can obviously explain,” Sesshomaru added seeing the smirk. Seiji just slapped his oldest on the back with a jovial laugh and nodded proudly.

“Our boy’s a husband, Izzy,” he said as she smiled and nodded. Inuyasha rolled his eyes as he listened and started to eat the food brought to him.

“Oh we should throw a little party!” Izayoi said happily. “Akemi and I can go shopping for new outfits and we could bring her friend Sango, she’s such a sweet girl. And Kagome if she decides to come back.” Sesshomaru and Inuyasha both chuckled at the wince their father did. That was a dangerous combination; Sango, Izayoi, Akemi, and Kagome shopping together. They normally bought a credit card to it’s max, and he had super credit so it was a high credit card. Heaven forbid they choose the debit card.

“That sound nice,” Sesshomaru said as he fought to not laugh at his father’s face at the dawning of realization of what a party would entail. “But something small, I think Akemi’s still a little shy.” Izayoi smiled and nodded as his father seemed to almost sigh in relief. Small meant manageable, manageable meant cost effective, cost effective meant cheap, and cheap he could handle.

Seiji Takahashi wasn’t cheap or frugal in any sense of the words. He would spoil his mate and pups as gingerly as he wanted. But there were times where he was seriously afraid his mate would shop them into poverty. Granted, they’d have the most nicest things poor people would ever have, but they’d still be poor. It wasn’t physically possible for Izayoi to do so, but it was always Seiji’s fear.

Akemi stumbled in wearing a tank top and a pair of jeans looking exhausted but cheerful. She sat down next to her mate and kissed him on the cheek good morning as Izayoi watched fondly. Akemi smiled as she accepted the food, completely oblivious to what they had been talking about before she wandered in for breakfast.

“Yes! We shall shop for lovely new clothes, and a caterer, and a florist, and oh this’ll be so fun!” Izayoi said bursting as she got up to go look up her usual caterer for special occasions. Sesshomaru chuckled as his mate looked up confused.

“Kagome come back or something?” she asked softly.

“No,” Inuyasha grumbled.

“They know,” Sesshomaru said informing her. Akemi nodded as she shrugged and continued to eat. “Father figured it out, though your mark definitely helped to prove he wasn’t losing his touch.”

“That I know is a lie,” Inuyasha said as Seiji chuckled. “He’s definitely lost that.” Sesshomaru shrugged as Akemi giggled.

“So, Izayoi wants to throw us a little party,” Sesshomaru said as Akemi nodded. She figured something like that would occur, if her father didn’t do it Izayoi certainly would. Akemi finished her food as her father-in-law and mate spoke softly about some business and looked down to see Inuyasha pushing his food around. Getting up she left the room to all their own confusion.

“Izayoi,” Akemi said knocking on her mother-in-law’s bedroom door.

“Yes, dear?” she asked as she looked up from something.

“I was wondering, maybe you should talk with Kagome,” Akemi said as she sat down with her. Izayoi looked at Akemi surprised. “Well, we all know about what we had to do because of our youkai raising, Kagome’s human, like you. I think if she had a heart to heart with you she’d be more understanding of what’s going on.” Izayoi nodded as she thought about it. Akemi’s idea made sense.

“I think that’s a good idea.” Izayoi said smiling. Akemi smiled and nodded as she got up. “Where are you going?”

“To get dressed and call Sango, I know she was going to speak to her father about Kouga and I want to see how it went.” Akemi said as Izayoi chuckled and nodded.

Akemi walked into her room and grabbed some more clothes before jumping in the shower. She sighed as the hot water washed away the sweat from the night before and relax muscles she didn’t even know she had, let alone work. She finished up and got dressed before picking up the phone and dialing Sango’s phone number.

“Hello?” Sango said with a yawn.

“Hey Sango, it’s Kems,” Akemi said with a giggle. “Long night?”

“Kouga and I went on a surprise date last night, he met father. God I thought he was going to kill the poor guy.” Sango said with a sigh. “But it went well.”

“That’s good,” Akemi said as she started to fix the bed a little for the maids. At this point in time, she thought it was pointless to let the world know their little...errr...big news. “Just to forewarn you, I think Izayoi might want you to come with us shopping.”

“Oh, any specific reason?” Sango asked carelessly. “Or the usual need to shop before the money explodes into little flames in her pocket?”

“A little of column A and a little of column B.” Akemi said smirking. “Sesshomaru and I mated last night, so, she wants to hold a small party and this involves lots of shopping.” Sango squealed on the other end in excitement as Akemi held the phone away from her ear.

“Oh my god!” Sango practically shouted in Akemi’s ear. “That’s wonderful! Congratulations! Of course we’re going shopping!” Akemi laughed as she put the phone back to her ear.

“I figured you’d say that,” Akemi said as she scratched her ear a little and smiled when Sesshomaru came into the room. “But I figured I’d see how your father responded to Kouga, I mean it’s very curious to set a youkai and a taiji up together.”

“You’re telling me, father was not happy when he told me. He was silent.” Sango said as Akemi nodded. She knew Sango’s father’s moods as well as her own, she had practically lived with Sango for a while. He was furious when he remained silent, a vein pulsing over his left temple. Occasionally the girls would wonder if he was going to have a heart attack or something. “Then last night, he yelled, so I know he’s calming down.” Sango said breaking Akemi from her thoughts. Akemi laughed amused as she thought about it.

“Maybe he’ll just be finished cursing by the wedding!” Akemi said hopefully as Sesshomaru gave her a weird and confused look.

“Hopefully,” Sango agreed as she nodded. Akemi giggled amused at his look before he grabbed his clothes and went to grab a shower. “What’s so funny?”

“Sesshomaru, he’s giving me weird looks before grabbing a shower.” Akemi said amused. Sango chuckled amused. “So, when do you want to go shopping?”

“I dunno,” Sango said as she thought about it . “When does Izayoi want to go?”

“I dunno,” Akemi said amused, “she’s currently trying to figure out caterers for this little party.” Sango burst out laughing as she listened. “I’m assuming little means at least a hundred, because that’s my father’s version of a little.”

“Yeah, I remember that one birthday party,” Sango said as she fought to control her laughter. “He invited half the family and city, you ran out crying scared of all the people. The tabloids had you pegged as little Miss Scaredy Cat.”

“Ugh, don’t remind me,” Akemi said shaking her head.

“Akemi,” Izayoi said softly as she walked into the room.

“One second Sango,” Akemi said before putting her hand over the phone. “What’s up?”

“Why don’t we schedule our shopping day for another day when we know Kagome will join us?” Izayoi suggested. Akemi shrugged and nodded.

“Alright,” Akemi said as Izayoi smiled and nodded. “If that’s what you want, we can wait. Sango and I can go shopping today together.” Izayoi nodded and left the room as Akemi returned to her phone call. “Looks like it’s just us today, so whenever you’re ready to go shopping we can.”

“Oh, Izayoi’s not joining us?” Sango asked surprised.

“No, she wants to wait until Kagome will join us.” Akemi said as she relaxed on the bed.

“Ohhh,” Sango said amused. “So, what time do you want to go?”

“I think I asked you that,” Akemi said chuckling. Sesshomaru left the shower and smirked at her again.

“Still on the phone?” he teased.

“We’re trying to figure out when we want to go shopping, only we don’t know when.” Akemi said as he nodded and shrugged while throwing his clothes into the hamper.

“Tell her you’ll meet her there in two hours,” Sesshomaru said as Akemi looked at him confused. “Just do it and you’ll see.”

“Alright, Sango I’m being ordered to tell you that I’ll meet you there in two hours. Food court?” Akemi said as she continued to look at him confused.

“Sure, but what’s going on?” Sango asked her confused.

“Damned if I know, but I’m sure there’s a logical and reasonable explanation for it.” Akemi said as she sighed. They hung up the phone before Akemi looked at him confused. “Explain, please, why I’m being ordered to meet Sango in two hours.”

“Not simply because I wanted to, if that’s what you’re thinking,” Sesshomaru said as he thought about it. “I’ll call Kouga and we’ll be able to go, kind of like a double-date thing humans do.” Akemi smirked as she walked up to him and hugged him tightly.

“My mate is so thoughtful,” Akemi said sweetly. Sesshomaru chuckled amused as he hugged her back. “What do you want to do for the next two hours?”

“Let me call Kouga and then we’ll make a decision on what to do,” Sesshomaru said as he gently nuzzled against her. Akemi jumped onto her bed and watched as Sesshomaru grabbed the phone and looked up the phone number needed in one of his business files that he brought home.

“Kouga please,” he said into the phone. Akemi smiled and watched as he watched her. “Hello Kouga, it’s Sesshomaru Takahashi,” he said introducing himself. “Yes, Akemi and Sango were thinking of going to the mall today, I figured it might not be a good idea for my mate and your mate-to-be to travel around alone.” Akemi rolled her eyes and nodded as she waited for him to get off the phone. “In two hours, that’s right. See you then.” Sesshomaru hung up as Akemi smirked at him before crawling up to him on the bed and poking him on the chest.

“Resting?” she teased.

“You can’t still have energy?” Sesshomaru said in disbelief. “We only went eight and a half hours last night before you passed out.” Akemi giggled and shrugged.

“I only need a little rest before I’m fully energized again,” she said with an air of carelessness. “Sango said I was like the American’s Energizer Bunny.” Sesshomaru chuckled as he relaxed on the bed.

“Well, unlike you, who zapped my energy,” he taunted. Akemi laughed a little and shrugged as she snuggled against him. “Tomorrow, if you want, we can look for an apartment of our own.” Akemi thought about it.

“We can do that, it’ll get us out of the house, just the two of us, and I think it’d be fun to decorate our place.” Akemi said as Sesshomaru nodded in agreement. Really he allowed Akemi to buy whatever she wanted. They also have to hit the bank tomorrow to transfer the funds they each brought into their relationship into their shared bank account. All in all, they were set up like their parents, with an almost never ending pile of money. “When do you work next?”

“Day after tomorrow,” Sesshomaru said with a heavy sigh. Everyone in the house seemed to perk up at the sound of the doorbell. “I wonder who that is.” They slid off the bed and poked their noses around the edge of the door as if they were spying to see Inuyasha doing it as well while Izayoi walked up to the door. She opened it to reveal Kagome and another human woman, whom they all assumed to be her mother.

“Mina! Kagome! Welcome, please come in.” Izayoi said pleasantly and warmly. The two walked in, Mina looking around stunned at the size of the house that was welcoming her daughter in as she and Kagome followed Izayoi and Kagome into the back.

“I think they’re headed to the garden,” Inuyasha said softly as Akemi and Sesshomaru looked at him curiously. “Mother was out there setting up for something.” Quickly he was back in his room in a flash.

“I see Izayoi took my advice,” Akemi said as she and Sesshomaru returned to their room. He looked at her confused as he laid back on the bed. Akemi opened the balcony doors to allow air into the room. “I told her she should sit and speak with Kagome, that she’d probably be more willing to listen to a human whose gone thru it over a hanyou, taiji, and youkai who knew about this since birth.” Sesshomaru nodded.

“That’s a good idea, though she was supposed to know since birth.” Sesshomaru said as Akemi sighed and nodded in agreement.

“I know, that’s her family’s fault for not training her properly, but one can only do so much and obviously her mother didn’t want to do anything insane with the poor girl, or what she deemed insane.” Akemi said with a shrug. “I know father thought that I’d purify myself while in school just to have a normal life.” Sesshomaru nodded as he closed his eyes, listening to his mate raid her closet for what to wear to the mall.

Down in the garden was a different story. Kagome was seated between Izayoi and her mother, Mina, having tea. The garden was particularly fragrant today and she understood why Izayoi chose it for a spot to meet. At the moment the mothers were having a conversation about matchmaking.

“I think it’s an antiquated method of finding the one you’re to be with,” Mina said as Izayoi listened silently, “there are billions of people in the world, what if she screws up? It’s only one female.”

“Understandable,” Izayoi said softly as she thought, “and back when Seiji and I were named, so did I, and let me tell you two hundred years is a long time to ponder about it.” She chuckled at the two women’s expressions of shock and surprise. “Yes, I can live as long as my mate, it’s a possibility for when you mate first. Akemi and Sesshomaru just did last night, so we’re actually pretty excited right now.”

“Congratulations to them,” Kagome said softly as she sat back and thought. “But I still don’t understand, how did she come up with me?”

“Sweetheart, I’m going to give you both a piece of advice that I was given by another lady years ago; you’re fighting the losing battle and I see it when you’re with that boy,” Izayoi said gently, yet with a sense of sternness that Kagome had never seen before, “and to deny that there are feelings, maybe not love, but something starting would be a lie. There’s no point in lying. I know, it’s a confusing and upsetting time, you’re lucky though. You didn’t have a human boyfriend to explain it to three or four times before he took the hint.” Kagome nodded in agreement as she thought. “And it’s fairly obvious, granted I don’t think any of the men here see it, that you were using the excuse of Kikyo just to get mad at the situation and Inuyasha and attempt to break this.”

“The one girl, the hanyou, she said there was a way to break the contract?” Mina asked as Izayoi nodded in agreement.

“Yes, but at this time my understanding is that my mate is not looking to break the contract,” Izayoi said as Mina looked almost stunned at the response. “It is not my soul decision to make, you must understand. If it were just Inuyasha, Sesshomaru, and I, it still wouldn’t be my decision. I can discuss it with Seiji, but he’ll bring it up with Inuyasha who I don’t think is going to willingly break the contract. Though I will say, if Kagome convinced Inuyasha as to why, it’d be a different matter. He might be willing to for Kagome’s sake.”

“What happens if I don’t move in, Izayoi?” Kagome asked softly.

“Seiji and I will be forced to take you before the Japanese Youkai Court, no human lawyer will touch your case,” Izayoi said softly, “the court has three options to consider; to break the contract, order you to return to Inuyasha, give you to another male and it won’t matter with him if he rapes you each and every time or not. Within a six month period they’ll send down their orders and policemen will deliver the orders, be it to take you or that you’re free to go on your merry way. There’s no guarantee which one they’ll do, really any youkai with knowledge of the problem will tell you the same thing, avoid the courts.”

“This is insane,” Mina said softly.

“Not to question your parenting, but this is also your fault,” Izayoi said as Mina looked at her stunned, “Kagome is a miko, and yet you didn’t have her trained. If she had been taken under a miko’s wings and taught what to do she’d have known all about this. The shock would probably still be great because it’s surprising when youkai and hanyou are mated to mikos, but her decision would have been better made because of the information she already knew.”

“I’m not going to sit here...” Mina said getting up angrily.

“Sit,” Izayoi said sternly. Mina sat down surprised, when the most powerful woman in the country tells you to sit, you sit.

“You called me mother?” Inuyasha asked confused as he walked outside. Kagome looked at him surprised and blushed a little. He wasn’t wearing a shirt, had on a pair of hakamas, and was sweaty, it was obvious he had been working out.

“Yes dear, I was wondering if you could do me a favor and take Kagome for a walk in the garden while I speak with her mother.” Izayoi said sweetly. Inuyasha looked at her surprised as she smiled sweetly and nodded.

“Alright? Do I have time to quick change?” he asked confused.

“Nope,” she said merrily. Rolling his eyes, knowing what his mother was now up to, he walked up and offered Kagome his arm.

“Sorry about being all sweaty, if I had known her grand plan I’d have waited to work out until afterwards.” Inuyasha said as Kagome shook her head in understanding as they headed off into the garden.

“You can come with me,” Izayoi said standing up. Mina followed her baffled and was surprised at the room they entered. It was obvious a command center for the security detail that normally was there. On one of the screens was Kagome and Inuyasha walking thru the gardens and all the flowers. They looked like a happy couple, they were both obviously content with the world even laughing a little at something.

“You obviously have a great hold over your daughter,” Izayoi said as she watched the screen with a stunned Mina, “but it falters and breaks when she’s alone. I’m guessing she spoke to you on the phone about Kikyo when she got mad.”

“I would do no such thing,” Mina said defensively. Izayoi just watched as Inuyasha stopped by a fountain with Kagome. It was obvious he was attempting to apologize.

“Kagome,” Inuyasha said scratching at the back of his head, “I’m sorry for whatever you were mad at me.” Kagome smiled and shook her head.

“No, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have been mad at you, I guess I was still shaken up by Naraku.” Kagome said as Inuyasha nodded.

“Look, there’s one other thing I’m sorry for, I didn’t know they’d have to take you to court or anything and I’d rather you came back on your own than them threatening to take you to court.” Inuyasha said as Kagome nodded.

“No, I understand that, but I’ve been thinking and I’m willing to come back on my own. It’s just, my mother still isn’t very happy about it all.” Kagome said as Inuyasha sighed and nodded in agreement. There was still negativity at the idea of mating to hanyou but it was greatly decreasing as tolerance grew. These days it wasn’t uncommon to see hanyou mated with humans or youkai. “Would it be bad to give it another try?”

“No, I don’t think so,” Inuyasha said with a grin. Kagome laughed as he pulled her into a bear hug and continued to walk with her around.

“I think that’s a good sign,” Izayoi said with a pleased look on her face. Mina sighed and nodded before getting ready to leave.
**************************************************************** ************************************
Sorry it took me so long to post! Been working on an original and the research has been taking more time than expected. I'll post soon! Thanks again for all the reviews!