InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mates?! ❯ Six - Ironic, Isn't It? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha characters.
 
Six
“Ow!” Is the first thing that escapes my mouth, when I come to. The shooting pain in my pelvis can only mean one thing.
 
We've done it.
 
Again.
 
I squeezed my eyes shut and wished over and over again that my youkai side had just taken over and I'd simply been squished by a boulder.
 
“Ow!” A voice next to me says in pain. The owner of the voice shuffles and is sitting next to me in the next five seconds. I look at him. He gives a sheepish smile. “We've done it again, haven't we?”
 
I give a sheepish smile of my own. “Well, judging by the pain shooting through my pelvis,” we both blush, “I think we did. Or you squished me with a boulder.” I shrug my shoulders.
 
He grins when I add my boulder comment, before running a nervous hand through his hair. “Another nine or so weeks of unpredictable youkai.” He mumbles.
 
I merely nod. “I'm gonna have to start getting used to the pain.”
 
He looks at me. “Does it really hurt that much?”
 
I nod. “But think of it as a compliment. Where I come from, people say that the bigger the pain, the better it actually was.” I blush. “Man, that sounds so cheesy.”
 
He gives a cocky smile. I shake my head in a sarcastically pitiful way. “Don't let your ego get to big.” I say quietly.
 
He puts on a mock shocked face. “My ego would never get big!” He says in pretend hurt voice. He looks around. “We better get back to the others.”
 
“Ironic, isn't it?” I suddenly ask.
 
“What?” Inuyasha asks, confused.
 
“A cat and a dog. Mates.” He merely smiles.
 
Again, we get dressed in silence, neither of us looking at each other, then we got back to the others.
 
“What were you two doing in the forest alone, hmm?” Is the first thing Miroku says as Inuyasha and I walk back into the clearing.
 
We both blush and Miroku ends up sporting a rather large bump on his head from an angry silver-haired hanyou.
 
I can't help the giggle that escapes my mouth. Inuyasha turns to me and my blush deepens, causing his to deepen also.
 
“You never answered my question.” Miroku pries. “What were you two doing alone in the forest?”
 
“Um…Ow!” I say, clutching my side.
 
Inuyasha's by my side in an instant. “You okay?”
 
“I'll be fine.” I smile at him.
 
“What was that about?” Sango asks.
 
“I, er…got squished by a boulder.” I notice Inuyasha bite his cheeks in an sttempt to hide a laugh. I can't help the small smile that flits across my face.
 
“Why won't anyone answer my question?!” Miroku complains. Resulting in two red-faced hanyous.
 
Filthy-minded monk.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm gonna make this short because I'm supposed to be revising and not on the computer. Reviews would be much appreciated! Again, thanks to everyone who reviewed!