InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mates?! ❯ Eight - I'm Not Your Woman! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha characters.
 
Eight
“There you are!” Kouga exclaimed the minute he saw me. As he rushed over to me, Inuyasha suddenly stood in front of me, blocking me from Kouga and Kouga from me.
 
“What the Hell do you think you're doing dog-turd?! Let me see my woman!” Kouga yelled.
 
Your woman?” Inuyasha asked, a confused tone at the edges of his annoyed voice.
 
“Yes, my woman! Move!”
 
“Kouga!” I yelled, stepping around Inuyasha. Kouga was at my side in an instant, gripping my hands in his. I'm sure I hear Inuyasha growling slightly behind me. I yank my hands out of his. “How many times do we need to go over this? I am not your woman!”
 
“Yes, you are. You're my woman.” He said smugly.
 
“No, I'm not.” I look at Inuyasha for help.
 
He smiles, happy that he is allowed to piss off Kouga, and steps forward. “Actually,” he begins, “she's mine.”
 
Kouga turns to face him in an instant. “Oh yeah?” He challenges.
 
“Yep.” Inuyasha replies calmly.
 
“Really?” He says in an `I don't believe you,” voice.
 
“Yep.” Inuyasha replies, just as calm.
 
“I don't believe you because, one, who would want to be mated to a dog-turd such as yourself, and two, I don't see your mark on her.” He's still glaring fiercely at Inuyasha.
 
“Well, you're wrong about that, Kouga.” I say, tugging at the neckline of my top. I pull it down slightly to reveal my collarbone and a mate mark on the part where the shoulder meets the neck. Kouga stares at it for a split second before turning around to glare some more at Inuyasha.
 
“Believe me, now, wolf?” Inuyasha says smugly.
 
“You bastard.” Kouga snarls before launching himself at Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha's ready and quickly dodges Kouga so that Kouga slams into a tree. This only proves to make him madder. The fight goes on for quite a bit, both of them ignoring my yelling at them to stop. Eventually, I step between them so that, if they try and hit one another, they'll end up hitting me first.
 
“Move it, Kagome.” Kouga says, glaring behind my back at Inuyasha. “Let me destroy this dog-turd so that you can be with me.”
 
“Like she'd want to be with you, wolf.” I hear Inuyasha say from behind me.
 
“Look, Kouga. I'm mated to Inuyasha. If you destroy him, then you destroy me too. It's the way the whole mating thing works. Surely you should know that, I mean you are, what, nearly two hundred?” I say, trying to reason with him, but I can't help the last little comment.
 
“Damn. Well, Kagome. If dog-turd here isn't satisfying you at all, you know where to find me.” Kouga says with a wink. He sniffs the air and visibly pales. “Uh…I gotta go.” And with that, he disappears in a whirlwind.
 
Just as he disappears, Ayame appears. She looks at me. “Hey Kagome. You seen Kouga?”
 
“He just left.”
 
“Which direction?”
 
I point in the direction that Kouga had just left and she smiles, says bye and rushes off after him in her own whirlwind.
 
Inuyasha turns to face me. “What the Hell was that about?”
 
“Oh. Well, Kouga has this idea that I'm his woman, when in actual fact he promised to marry Ayame, who was the girl that was just here, before he had even met me. He really gets on my nerves at times with the `You're my woman' crap. I just see him as a friend. Nothing more.”
 
“Oh. Okay. Well, we better continue looking for jewel shards before it gets dark and we have to set up camp.” Inuyasha says, and we continue looking for jewel shards.
 
There's an awkward silence which is really bugging me, but then I hear the familiar slap and the familiar cry of “Hentai!” and everything returns to the way it had been before Kouga showed up.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, I'm not supposed to be on the computer but I thought I'd be quick. I know it's short. My muse apparently doesn't like long chapters. Anyhoo, please review!