InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mates?! ❯ Nine - Thank You ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha characters.
 
Nine
Soon the sun starts to set and we set up camp. Which is a good thing too because, the minute we set up camp, Shippou nods off. I smile. He really is very sweet. And he's happy to call me mum. I never thought anyone would want a hanyou as a mum.
 
Soon after Shippou nods off, everyone follows suit. Sango cuddles up with Kirara and Shippou, whilst Miroku tries to get near Sango but keeps getting slapped away. He eventually gives up, sleep dominating the rest of his hentai thoughts. Inuyasha jumps up into a nearby tree and nods off, too.
 
After an hour or so, I still can't seem to fall asleep. A nice walk might help relax me a bit and help me feel sleepy.
 
I start walking into the forest, until I get to another clearing. It's beautiful. There's a little lake and the whole clearing has trees around the edges.
 
I sit next to the lake and dip my feet into the water, welcoming the icy cold against my sore feet. I lie back and look at the moon. Another night then it's the quarter moon. I close my eyes and a sigh escapes my lips.
 
“What the Hell do you think you're doing, wandering off on your own?!” I hear Inuyasha hiss as he enters the clearing and approaches me. I open my eyes and look at him from my position on the ground.
 
“Hi to you, too.” I reply with a smile.
 
“Don't give me lip!” He says slightly louder, obviously not wanting to wake the others who are sleeping not too far off. “What the Hell do you think you're doing wandering off on your own?!” He repeats.
 
“I couldn't sleep.”
 
“So you thought you'd go wandering off on your own?!” I can literally see the vein popping in his forehead.
 
“Hey! I've spent one-hundred and thirty-four years wandering around on my own! Why would it be any different now?!”
 
“Because…because we're mates now!” He almost yells. The two of us blush and Inuyasha quickly looks away. I take my feet out of the cold water and stand up.
 
I look at him, then up at the sky again. “Two days.” I mumble.
 
He looks at me again. “Two days until what?”
 
I look at him and our eyes meet before we both blush and look away again. “Two days until the quarter moon.” I say almost wistfully.
 
“Is that…when you…?” He asks. I nod.
 
“Yeah.” I look down at the ground. “I'll have to start looking for somewhere to hide.” I look up at him and grin. “It's kinda hard fighting off demons that want to kill you when you're human.”
 
“You don't have to worry about that. We'll fight them for you.” He says with his own grin.
 
I smile softly and lean up on my tiptoes to kiss him lightly on the cheek. “Thank you.” I whisper, before heading back to camp.
 
On entering the camp, I lie down on the ground near everyone else - except Inuyasha since he's still at the clearing , I presume - and try to sleep.
 
Only that idea seems to last for the whole of five seconds, before I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me up. I'm away to scream, when a hand clamps down on my mouth. I turn to look at my captor, only to see none other than Inuyasha.
 
He grins at me then jumps up into the tree that he had been resting in earlier, still holding onto me.
 
He releases his hand from my mouth. “What are you doing?”
 
He responds by pulling me closer and tucking my head into his chest. “Good night Kagome.” He merely whispers.
 
I smile and snuggle further into his chest. “Good night Inuyasha.” I reply before sleep takes over and I fall asleep.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll keep this short since Doctor Who is away to start.
Please review!
Oooo weee oooo “Sorry. Couldn't resist. Doctor Who rocks!