InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mates?! ❯ Thriteen - The Quarter Moon ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha characters.
 
Thirteen
When they leave to go hunting, my face is literally bright red. Sango walks over to me. “Kagome, are you okay?”
 
“Hmm? Wha—? Oh. I'm fine.”
 
“O…kay?” She says, slightly confused.
 
“We better start a fire so that we can cook breakfast when they come back.” I say, changing the subject.
 
We start a fire and I sit back, staring into the fire.
 
“You like him, don't you?” Sango says softly.
 
My head snaps round to look at her. “Wh…Why would you think that?”
 
“Well, I know the houshi has been saying this quite a lot but I notice it too - it is pretty obvious that you two have feelings for each other.”
 
“Oh no! He doesn't know, does he?”
 
She smiles sympathetically. “Don't worry. He doesn't have a clue.”
 
I instantly relax. “Thank goodness.” I look down at the ground as I start to slowly turn red. “Yes, I do like him. But I've only known him a few days.” I turn to her suddenly, startling her at my sudden movement. “You know him better than I do. Is he genuinely a nice guy, or is he a jerk?”
 
She smiles again. “He's a nice guy, although at times he can be rude and ill-mannered. But other than that, he's a nice guy.” I smile.
 
It soon disappears when I realise that tonight is the Quarter Moon. A sigh escapes my lips without my realising.
 
“What's up?” Sango asks softly. I look at her and sigh again.
 
“Tonight is the Quarter Moon.” At this she looks confused. “It's my night when I'm…you know…” I lean closer. “Human.” I whisper.
 
She sits back with understanding on her face. “Oh.”
 
It suddenly hits me that I'm going to be human, vulnerable and carrying a child!! My expression changes to one of pure terror.
 
“Kagome! Are you okay?! You look like you've seen a ghost.”
 
“I'm going to be human whilst carrying a child!” Tears start to form in my eyes. “I'm not going to be able to protect it if anything happens!” The tears start to make their way down my face.
 
Sango embraces me in a hug. “Don't worry. We won't let anything happen to you, or yours' and Inuyasha's child.”
 
At this point, the others return. I hadn't noticed:
I'd been crying and
2. The others were downwind so I couldn't detect their scents as easily.
 
Inuyasha, the minute he sees me, instantly drops the food that he had hunted and rushes over to take me from Sango's embrace into one of his own. “Kagome. What's wrong?” He asks softly, not caring that the others are watching.
 
“I'm going to be human tonight.” I whisper so that only Inuyasha can hear. “If anything happens to me…what about…our child?” I finish in between sobs.
 
His hold on me tightens. “I am not going to let anything happen to you or our child. If anyone so much as comes near you, I'll rip their head off.”
 
My mood lightens slightly and I lift my head up as I give him a soft smile, although it's obvious I've been crying, what with my tear-stained face and puffy eyes. “No need to be quite as drastic as that. Plus, I wouldn't really like to watch someone ripping someone's head off.” I add the last part in a jokey voice.
 
“Well, you can turn the other way while I rip their head off.” Inuyasha replies in the same jokey manner. I hit him playfully, before burying my head into his chest.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Quarter Moon. My human night. It's here.
 
Great...
 
We were just walking, looking for somewhere to set up camp, when the sun set and the moon rose.
 
Inuyasha turned to me. As did the others. Their eyes went wide as they gasped.
 
“Do I seriously look that bad?” I ask in a nervous, jokey voice.
 
Inuyasha's mouth opens and closes for a bit, just like a fish, before he eventually says. “Wow. I mean…wow…”
 
“What?” I ask confused.
 
He leans closer to me. “You're gorgeous.” He whispers in my ear. “But I still prefer you with the ears.” I blush and smile slightly. Of all the things I thought Inuyasha would say, that was not one of them.
 
“This place is good enough for camp, isn't it Inuyasha?” Shippo asks in his childlike voice, whilst jumping on Inuyasha's shoulder. Inuyasha merely nods, never letting go of me.
 
The others start a fire and begin to cook a meal for us all to eat. I'm too wrapped up in my thoughts to realise that food has been placed in front of me. I eat it unconsciously.
 
Soon after, Sango, Miroku, Shippo and Kirara nod off, leaving only Inuyasha and myself still awake.
 
“Damn human senses.” I mutter under my breath. I hear Inuyasha chuckle as he is suddenly sitting beside me. I nearly jump out of my skin in shock. He chuckles again.
 
“I take it that I'm not the only one who hates their human night, hmm?” He asks quietly so as not to wake the others. I merely nod my head, frustrated.
 
“It's so damn hard. I know it's only one night a month but the fact that I'm carrying a child makes it unbearable. I'm so terrified that something's going to happen and I won't have my demon senses to actually get out of the way fast enough.” Tears are now pouring down my face.
 
He wraps his arm around me and pulls me into an embrace. “I already told you that I would take care of you. And I'm not someone who goes back on their word.” I smile up at him tearfully.
 
Our eyes lock, the two of us too lost in the other's eyes to actually realise what we're doing.
 
Our faces start to get closer to each other and when our lips are mere millimetres apart, I whisper, my breath tickling his lips. “I really do like you're fine piece of ass.”
 
And his lips are on mine.
 
 
**********
Hi! I know I said I would update more often but I've started my last year at school and I'm taking three Advanced Highers: Biology, Chemistry and Maths and Higher Philosophy. Most people didn't even take two Advanced Highers, so I have a lot of work. Sorry!! Although I will update as much as I can, hopefully without too much of a gap between each update.
And I don't know why I keep rambling because hardly anyone ever reads the author's note. So I'm going to do my Philosophy essay.
And I know I say this all the time but PLEASE REVIEW!!
*smiles*