InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mates?! ❯ Fourteen - Annoying Blushes That Just Won't Go Away ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha characters.
 
Fourteen
At first, neither of us have any idea as to what's just happened and, for the first few moments, we just stare into each other's eyes as our lips touch. Inuyasha suddenly starts to pull away, because I haven't responded at all to the kiss as I'm in too much shock, but, before he pulls away completely, his tongue quickly darts out, licking my lips.
 
Before I realise what I'm doing, I've closed my eyes and pulled him back towards me as I part my lips slightly, letting his tongue enter my mouth.
 
At first, he seems shocked, but he quickly recovers and wraps his arms around me. Our tongues begin their own battles for dominance, neither of them winning.
 
Eventually, the need for air becomes a bit too much and we pull away, both panting for breath. Sometime during the kiss, Inuyasha must have laid me back against the ground, as he's lying over me when we pull away.
 
“Wow.” I say breathlessly. He grins down at me. His hair is surrounding us, as if it's a silver curtain. “Damn youkai.” I mumble under my breath.
 
He looks confused. “What happened now?” He says in a confused tone that matches his confused expression.
 
I blush. I hadn't realised I'd voiced my thoughts. “Um…nothing.” I quickly mumble, my blush increasing.
 
He looks at me sceptically. “Something happened with your youkai side. What happened?”
 
I look away from him, my blush still increasing. “Well, I was just thinking, if you're kisses are like that, then…” I trail off, my blush still increasing steadily.
 
“Then?” Inuyasha prompts.
 
“Then…myyoukaisideisoneluckybitch.” I finish quickly.
 
“I might have extra sensitive hearing but it's not that good.” He says with a grin.
 
“My youkai side is one lucky bitch.” I say more slowly, refusing to meet his eyes.
 
He looks slightly confused for a split second, before he gets it and a huge grin spreads across his face. He gently cups my chin with his right hand. I take one look at his eyes and I can't look away.
 
“We could do something about that.” He says. My face, if possible, goes even redder and Inuyasha starts to lean closer to me, when…
 
“Inuyasha, why are you lying on Kagome?” Shippo suddenly asks, jumping onto Inuyasha's shoulder. Instantly, the two of us spring apart. Both of our faces are bright red as we avoid looking at each other.
 
“Um…I thought I was hurt so Inuyasha was checking to see if I actually was hurt?” I say, making it sound more like a question than an actual reply. Thankfully, Shippo buys it and jumps off of Inuyasha's shoulder lays down in the grass and falls back asleep within a matter of seconds.
 
Inuyasha and I are alone once more. “Um…” He begins.
 
“Er…” I finish for him. We both shyly look up at each other and a small smile appears on both of our faces. “That was…um…close?” I manage to make it sound more like a question than a statement. He nods and takes a step closer to me, managing to avoid a sleeping Shippo in the process.
 
“Are you not going to sleep?” Inuyasha asks me.
 
“Are you kidding?!” I say in a loud whisper. He looks a bit startled and confused. “I've never slept on my human night. It's not safe.” I look at him. “Would you mind…staying up with me tonight?” I look away as the blush comes back full force.
 
“Sure.” He says simply. I look up at him again.
 
“Really?” He nods. Without thinking, I've launched myself at him, embracing us both in a hug. He stumbles back and the two of us end up landing on the ground, me lying on top of him. “Sorry.” I mumble. He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.
 
“It's okay.” He says in such a quiet whisper that I have to strain to hear him. I roll over, so as to roll off of him, but his arms are around my waist and he won't let go.
 
Next thing I know, I'm on my back on the grass, with an extremely hot hanyou straddling my waist.
 
The blush comes back (yet again) and I try to avoid his eyes. But that's extremely hard when his eyes are so mesmerising and…damn! I've just gotten myself lost in his eyes…again.
 
But I'm quickly freed of that - although my mind remains blank - when his lips are on mine…for the second time that night.
 
Not that I'm complaining.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And chapter fourteen is up!
I'm not going to say much…although you all knew I was going to say this…PLEASE REVIEW!!
Now for my Chemistry and Philosophy homework…*sigh.*