InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mates?! ❯ Sixteen - Caught ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha characters.
 
Sixteen
Three weeks or so had gone by since my human night and the bump was beginning to show. Every time Inuyasha looked at it, his whole face would light up, causing me to break out into a huge smile.
 
It didn't take long before I realised that I had, in fact, fallen in love with Inuyasha. Badly.
 
But, I'm mated to him. Isn't that what's supposed to happen?
 
One night, as we were walking, we came by a village. Inuyasha looked up at the sky, instantly stopped, and decided that we would stay at the village for the night.
 
We all thought it was odd, as Inuyasha never wants to make up camp or anything, although, he was getting more lenient about it because of the whole pregnancy thing.
 
A thought arrived in my head. It must be Inuyasha's human night. That's why he's been acting so strangely today. I decided to ask him about it when we were alone.
 
We were alone much quicker than I thought when the others instantly fell asleep the minute they were in their rooms.
 
I stayed up for a bit until I heard some noise coming from outside and so I followed it.
 
Inuyasha was sitting outside next to a pond, just staring at it. Even though his hair was black and he didn't have the dog ears, I knew instantly that it was him.
 
I walked over and sat next to him. He didn't even look up from the pond.
 
“Hi.” I smiled at him. He smiled back weakly.
 
“Hey.” He replied softly.
 
“You seem down. What's up?”
 
“It's my human night.” He paused. “Although, you probably already knew that.” I smile at him. “I just…I'm useless as a human. What if…what if something were to happen to you and the…the baby?” He finished softly.
 
I put my hand on his shoulder. “You don't need to worry, nothing's going to happen.” I say reassuringly. “Besides, I'm a big girl now.” I add in a jokey voice with a grin. He smiles back at me.
 
“It's still weird, you know? We're going to be parents. I never thought that I, of all people, would be a parent.”
 
“You're going to be a great parent.” I reply with a smile, as I embrace him in a hug.
 
He hugs me back and sighs. I pull away slightly to look up at him.
 
Our eyes meet and I find myself getting lost in his violet eyes. They held so many emotions, I didn't think it was possible to be feeling so many different things at once.
 
He looked away and stared up at the night sky. I leaned up to give him a soft kiss on the chin, only, at the last minute, he looked back at me, and I kissed him on the lips instead.
 
Ever since we had first kissed, Inuyasha and I hardly got to spend any time alone together. Which meant, we hadn't kissed since my human night.
 
How I wish that we had kissed sooner. I love the feel of his lips against mine, as his arms wrap around me. Only this time, I was in my hanyou form, so I could smell everything that was going on.
 
There was Inuyasha and my scents, along with the baby. The birds, trees, animals around us. Miroku and Sango's scents. The water from a nearby --
 
Wait. Miroku and Sango's scents?
 
I pull away from Inuyasha, leaving him confused and look over at the bush.
 
Sure enough, they were there. Watching Inuyasha and myself as we were making out.
 
I blushed bright red.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi. I know that I said I would update as much as I could, but I'm running out of ideas.
If you have any ideas, PLEASE tell me!!
Although, no lemons. This isn't that kind of story. I'm only 16!!
Okay…maybe it's not that young. But no lemon ideas. Anything else is fine!
Please review!