InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mates?! ❯ Seventeen - It Kicked! ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha characters.
 
Seventeen
Sango blushed at the fact that she had been noticed, whereas Miroku merely grinned his trademark lecherous grin. Inuyasha and myself were as red as Sango, or, if possible, even redder.
 
“Um…hi!” Was the first thing anyone said. This outburst had come from Sango, who was growing redder by the second.
 
“So, if we hadn't shown up, what do you think might have happened between you two?” Added Miroku with a perverted curious expression on his face.
 
“Shut it, Monk,” Inuyasha mumbled.
 
Miroku pretended to not have heard, although his grin did get bigger.
 
“I thought, - I thought that you two were asleep?” I said quietly, my blush ever increasing.
 
“Oh we were, but the sound of you leaving your room was quite loud compared to the quiet of the night,” Miroku answered. Damn. And I thought I had been extra quiet.
 
Sango suddenly stood up. “I'm going to…to go back to bed!” She exclaimed and ran back in the direction of the hut in which we were residing.
 
Miroku looked slightly disappointed that Sango had left quite abrubtly, although he was still grinning like a perverted idiot. After a while, he stood up and brushed off the dirt from his monk's robes.
 
“Well, if you'll excuse me, I shall go back to the hut to make sure Lady Sango has arrived safely, and I'll leave you two alone to get back to…whatever you were away to do,” he said and his grin got even bigger.
 
Inuyasha and myself mumbled goodbyes, although, Inuyasha kept mumbling things about perverted monks, and never getting any time to himself any more.
 
Once I could no longer smell either Sango or Miroku's scents, I turned to Inuyasha. “If you want me to…I'll leave you alone,” I said so quietly that I could se him straining to hear what I had just said.
 
He started. “No!” He blushed and continued, quieter, “No. You don't have to leave. If you want, I'll leave, if you want to be by yourself,” although, I could see that he didn't want to leave me in case something happened.
 
“I don't want to be alone. I was just saying, I thought that you would like some time alone,” he looked confused, so I continued, “I…um…heard you mumbling about wanted to be alone.”
 
“With you!” He jumped up and exclaimed, “I wanted to be alone…with you,” he finished quietly.
 
I stood up and smiled at him, caressing his cheek with my hand. He relaxed at my touch and I smiled.
 
The baby kicked and I jumped. Inuyasha was instantly alert. “What? What happened? Are you okay?” He kept saying.
 
I practically beamed. “I'm fine,” he looked confused, “the baby just kicked,” I whisper and watch as his eyes go wide.
 
“Really?” I nod.
 
“First time it's ever done tha - oh! Second time,” I say with a smile as the baby kicks again. “Feel!” I take his hand and place it on my stomach. It kicks again and a huge grin spreads across his face and he envelopes me in a ginormous hug.
 
“It's getting more and more real every day,” I whisper, “it's odd, isn't it?” he nods and the baby kicks again, “this baby is going to be as strong as you with the way it kicks.”
 
He grins. Whenever Inuyasha smiles, I find myself smiling too. It's almost as if it's infectious.
 
We stay hugging, with Inuyasha's hand resting on my stomach, just talking about anything and everything. It's really nice to be able to relate to someone. I mean, Inuyasha has had as hard a life as I have, what with, being hanyou's and hated by everyone. Okay, maybe not everyone, but still…
 
Just as dawn breaks and Inuyasha begins to transform back into his hanyou form, Rin comes bursting into the clearance.
 
“Help! It's Lord Sesshomaru! Master Jaken has told Rin to get help! He's found Naraku!” She yells before passing out.
 
Miroku and Sango burst into the clearing with Shippo on Kirara, as Inuyasha jumps to his feet.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Boo!
Anywho, I would have updated sooner but I was reading Harry Potter and trying to think of more things to write.
So, as I sit here and eat my strawberries, I hope you kind people will review. You may even get a strawberry…if I haven't eaten them all, that is. Thank you!