InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mates ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome stepped out of her car and started her journey threw the double doors of the high school. She held her books over her chest nervously as every demon that she passes would give her a strange look wile sniffing at her. She'd had enough! Running as fast as she could with her backpack on and a book in her arms to her first period class. Screw going to her lockers. She wanted out of the hallway.


Jumping out his car, Inu Yasha nearly forgot to turn it off. He was more than excited to meat his new mate. He would no longer be the lonely one; the third wheel!
He started making a plan to where he would search first.
“hm, what did the old man say?” thought about it for a sec. “oh right, she's in the performance art club. Hm…wonder if she danced…hehe”

Sitting in her seat kagome put her head on her desk. Today was going to be a bad day. Today she would meet the man of her dreams and everybody was following her and sniffing her. Great! Just great!
“Kagome!”
“Huh?” kagome glanced up. “Ayame! I told you to call me Jatori”
“Yeah yeah, I forgot. You know that your first name is pretty, you should go by it”
“naw, I like my middle name more”
“Anyways, get ready!” she grabs kagome wrist and pulls her out of the desk and heads for the door.
“Where?”
“The performance is today…don't you remember? We have only practiced it ever day for a little over a month.”
“Shit” kagome whispered.

Heading for his first class he looks around. Everybody seemed to be on edge today. There was much more gossip that normal. Shrugging it off he grabs the door knob to his class. Turning it he opened it only to be run into by a demon girl. The girl looked up at him in shock then smiled. She started to talk to him but he wasn't listening. A new sent reached his nose and he couldn't break the feeling it was giving him. It shot shivers down his spine. Glancing at the girl behind ayame he tried to see her face, but she was hiding.
“OK, well I'll see you later. I hope you come to see the performance. Ka-Jatori here is going to star in it. After all she is the best dancer and singer around.”
“Huh” Inu Yasha was snapped out of his trance.
“Never mind” she smiled innocently. Moving past him she dragged kagome with her. “Bye” she squeaked as the two girls ran down the hallway.
Inu Yasha just stood there and watched as they ran from his sight.


Grabbing the microphone Ayame screamed into it. The students went wild. “Now everybody!!! Are you read for entertainment?”
“YEAH!” they screamed.
“They without further ado, I give you Kagome Jatori Higarashi!!!!”
The students screamed as a certain hanyuo's ears went up. He watched as the lights went black. A dark figure walked out from behind the curtains toward the grand piano that sat at the edge of the stage.
Kagome sat there. Starring at the piano in the dark. Her mate was somewhere out there watching her. Gulping, kagome placed her hands on the keys. `You have do this' she thought. Pressing the keys she started her song; My Immortal, by evanescence.
The sound coming from the piano was absolutely beautiful. Inu Yasha wasn't always into that kind of thing, he likes bands like Metallic, but the flawlessness of her playing captivated him.
As soon that she started singing the lights went up. The orchestra in the pit starting to play along.

“I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all of my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
Because your presence still lingers here”

He couldn't believe his eyes. Before his Jatori sat at the piano. It all makes sense now. Why he could never find his mate, why his parents told him to be gentle, why they never told him till now. She was a human girl; a priestess! He was always looking for a female demon not a human. His parents told him to be gently because she was fragile. They didn't tell him until now because there would have been many problems such as that fact that a human female isn't ready to mate till she is 16. He would have taken her much earlier.
Shaking out of his thought she listened to her sing. Her voice was so beautiful and the way she sang, it was as if she lived it. Inu Yasha just sat back and closed his eyes, taking in the wonderful music that played before him.

“And it won't leave me alone
These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase”

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I've held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

Her beauty sparkled in the light as she sang. Inu Yasha had to keep his eyes open. He couldn't take his eyes off of her. She was perfect, and he got to have her. YES!

You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
But now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I've held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
And though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I've held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

When she stopped playing the piano, the entire student body clapped and screamed. Half of the demons stood and vocalized their thought about how talented she was. Kagome just stood and bowed, only to walk off stage.
That show went on from there. Kagome was in nine of the eleven numbers. There were fast passed, slow passed, and even some in the middle…imagine that. Every style they danced, kagome did it; whether it was jazz, ballet, Latin, swing, tap, or even hip hop. She did it and she did it perfectly. Inu Yasha watched from the audience smiling.
“Perfect” he whispered. He always knew that Ji- I mean kagome was a very attractive human, but he never let it go past that. He didn't think that he'd be paired up with a human. Most people would think that it was expected; being that he was a hanyou, but he was such a highly respected hanyou so no one cared that he was to mate with a demon. He was stronger than most real demons, and held a loving heart under that strong exterior.
Inu Yasha smiled. “She will be mine; soon”