InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Chapter 8

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author: I was thinking of adding a song into the story. Amy is an Anime freak like me, so she watches a ton of anime, mostly Lain, so she knows the theme song. Also, Amy can be serious sometime, but usually she's a goof. Still, remember that there are twists in this story. Also I don't own Inu Yasha and Co. they just listen to my hopeless piano playing to give me a little hope!

Amy walked down the hall in silence. It gave Jaken the creeps when the only sound heard were his webbed feet patting the stone floor. She felt nothing she saw nothing. It was as if the world around her had died. She stopped by a window and looked longingly at the full moon in the inky sky. Jaken wasn't sure if what he saw was true, but Amy's eyes were having a violent battle over her blue water eyes and the golden yellow color, like Sesshomaru-sama's eyes. She seemed to have frozen to the spot, either wishing or wanting to move on. Her light brown hair flowed in the gentle breeze, as if it was riding. She didn't look like a child or teenager anymore. No, she was a woman, filled with grief, hate, and dismay.

"Wait here," Jaken ordered as Amy gave him a look almost matching Sesshomaru's. "Sesshomaru-sama will bring you in,"

She returned to her stargazing. Would she stay? She didn't want to be near him and yet, she didn't want. Her heart ached in sorrow and fear. Why was her life such a mess? Once she felt Jaken had left, she whispered one word under her breath, so no one would hear it.

"Nightingale,"

Within the great hall, Sesshomaru stood irritated. The all of the single females were becoming a nuisance. What was taking so long? Had Amy not given into the fact that she was his? He smiled absent-mindedly. "God he loved her stubbornness. He spoke little to his closes `friends' of the youkai world. He smiled when he saw Jaken enter the room.

"Excuse me, my dear," Sesshomaru said in his usual cold voice. The female youkai frowned as she wagged her long foxtail. "My mate awaits me,"

"Mind if I follow, Sesshomaru-sama?" A young inu youkai asked. Sesshomaru knew him well enough to know that the boy would not cause any trouble and respected him the most. Sesshomaru was sort of an idle to the young pup.

"Hai," Sesshomaru replied. "But please do not frighten her, Kinko. She isn't sure of her surroundings," The boy nodded as he felt as if he was the luckiest youkai alive. It was an honor to him to be the first to see Sesshomaru's chosen life mate.

Amy was still starring at the full moon. She felt a little bit of happiness and sorrow mix inside of her. She remembered her father, siting with her on the porch, singing his soothing songs to her. Hate started to fill Amy after that thought. When she had been three years old, her father was shoot by a gang. Amy had never understood why he had to die. They shot him in the head. Amy growled in pain. She forced back to tears. He was gone, and nothing would ever bring him back! She looked at the moon again.

"I am the nightingale," She whispered as her figures ran along the silk necklace. Then she started to sing a song that fitted her mood. She loved anime and had watched Lain a lot after her father past away. She knew and loved the theme song. Slowly she started to sing it

Sesshomaru had just entered the room, when Amy had finished her song. He didn't like it too much. True he voice the silk in her voice, but the song she song was so… sorrowful. He watched her. She had changed. He then frowned as he saw her hair was down. He had given her orders to keep it up, but she looked more woman-like with her hair lose and down. She had started to hum the melody of her song. Kinko looked past the lord's shoulder and awed at the female before him. Her eyes were closed as she sat in silence, listening to her own voice. Kinko's orange ear twitched at the sound of her soft voice. He didn't care if she was a human. She must be something special for Sesshomaru to have chosen her. He watched her, as she slowly seemed to be in a peaceful and yet drugged state. He released a small gasp.

Amy stopped her humming the moment she heard the sound of others. She turned her head and looked at them. Her eyes looked as if they were about to burst into tears. Kinko backed away from behind Sesshomaru and bowed in respect. Amy looked confused at his reaction. She golden eyes watched him carefully.

"Gomen," Kinko replied, his head looking at the floor. "I didn't mean to disturb you, my lady,"

Amy looked at him and smiled softly. She hadn't smiled in day.

"You are forgiven," She replied softly. It seemed strange, but Amy seemed to have given up her war between Sesshomaru. He looked at her and then his idle. She was special. Amy turned and looked her capture coldly in the eye, a bit of red flashed in her eyes. Perhaps she hadn't lost her fist yet? "Jaken told me you want to show me to you guests," Sesshomaru nodded as he slid his hand into her lily pedal one. "I can a sure you, Sesshomaru, I am no one's prize to show!"

Kinko's looked amazed. Sesshomaru didn't even react to her harsh comment or disrespect. He walked behind them as Sesshomaru-sama led the way. Kinko started to notice things about the girl, abnormal things, like her eyes and hands, but must of all her scent. The smell of human blood seemed to fad. He snapped out of his trance was the door for the hall was opened. Slowly the guest stopped talking as they one by one noticed their host had returned with his chosen. Amy stood straight and stiff, allowing no affection to show on her face. The room disgusted her. She could smell them all. She stepped closer to Sesshomaru without thinking. She could sense Luna and Kohana in the room.

"Wait a minute!" Amy thought as she shook her head. "I'm not a youkai! I can smell or sense others,"

"This is my chose!" Sesshomaru called to them. "This is my life mate, Lura!"

Amy stood shocked at what he had called her. She turned to face him, with a look of disbelief. Why was he calling her Lura? Her name was Amy!

"Na-nani?" Amy gasped as she eyed him. He looked softly at her, stopping her from asking.

"Let us dance Lura," Sesshomaru replied as if nothing had happened. He clapped his hand together and music filled the room. He led her in what Amy/Lura believed to be a waltz, but much slower. The other youkai joined in and soon, the hall filled with talking. Lura felt Sesshomaru pulled her closer to his chest. She felt her ear rest against where his heart was. It continuous beat hypnotized her and she moved with him. Once the song was over, he led her to a seat where food had been placed. "Eat my love. I do not wish you to fall ill,"

As if his voice was all she could hear, Lura picked up an apple and slowly started to eat. She had barely eaten wail she had been locked in her room, having no one to talk to but Sesshomaru, Aki, and Jaken. It felt good to hear others. She started to listen to the words that were being spoken about her by Kinko.

"… Her voice is like silk!" Kinko told his friend who starred in disbelief. "Like a tenshinoyounashoujo (female angel)!"

"Really?" A young cat youkai asked. She was listening to every word.

"Perhaps she's a bird youkai of some kind?" the older brother to the cat/girl.

Lura smiled kindly as she walked over to them. The older children bowed for her in an instant, as for the girl hid behind her brother blushing.

"What a sweet little girl," Lura replied with a kind smile. The youngsters looked stunned. "Hello Kinko,"

"Do you really sing like a tenshinoyounashoujo? Could you sing for us?" The young one asked. She gasped as Sesshomaru walked behind his mate. "Go-gomen,"

"You shouldn't ask elders for things Kikai," He growled. Lura felt her blood boil in her veins. How dare he? How dare he think he was her master and could decide for her? Sesshomaru looked at Lura as she gave a low growl, almost K-9 like.

"I told you before," Lura growled, as she slapped his hand off her shoulder. "No one holds my leash!"

The children gasped. Kinko was sure that Sesshomaru would punish Lura for her actions, but he just starred.

"You wish to sing?" He only replied, as the guest became quiet. Sesshomaru watched Lura's eyes, weren't they blue at first. He could make out a few patches of blue in her golden eyes. "Then, please sing,"

Lura looked surprised. What would she sing? Nothing came to mind.

"My lady," Kinko asked, sounding afraid to make his request. "Could you please sing the song you hummed before?"

Lura blinked, then nodded.

Lain theme song

And you do seem to understand!

A shame, you seemed an honest man!

And all those fear you hold so dear,

Will turn to whispers in your ear.

And you know what they said, I might hurt!

And you know that it means so much,

And you don't even feel my pain!

For I am folding, I am fading, I have lost it all.

Heeeeeey ohhhhoooh!

Hehehehohohoh!

For I am folding, I am fading, I am drowning,

How is it met to be?

I am hurting, I have lost it all,

I am loosing

How is it met to be?

(Author: For all you people out there. I was listening to the song with writing this so the word may not be right)

The room was silent as Lura finished her song. The males were left in ah over the girl's voice. Sesshomaru looked proud with himself. She was a fine chose. He took her hand and then kissed her sweet lips. Lura wasn't sure why, but something snapped inside of her, something that was filled with rage. She pushed away from the youkai in front of her and slashed his across his face, her eyes red and fangs bared. Everyone stood stunned as the female backed away, starring at her hands as if acid had hit them.

"BAKAO!" She roared as she looked at Sesshomaru in front of her. His wound had already healed. "WHAT HAVE YOU DO TO ME!"

Seeing the shook in Sesshomaru's eyes, Lura turned and ran for the garden doors, growling at anyone in her way. Once outside, Lura ran to the small pond in the center and looked at herself. Tears of all emotions, streamed down from her eyes. She looked horrified at her reflection. Her eyes and features weren't the same. She had white strikes in her hair and her eyes were a sun light gold color. She had become a youkai, but how? In her sorrow, Lura/Amy let out a sorrow and pain filled howl at the moon, before running into the forest. She had to get home, away from this nightmare.