InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Chapter 9

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author: Hi! Okay people, So you know before hand, there may show up a few verses from different songs in my fanfic now. And see if any of you guys can guess what's up with Amy/Lura. It may get a little confusing from this point, and please remember that I haven't seen too many episodes so sorry if there are spots that don't fit. I don't own Inu Yasha and Co. Sesshomaru just comes by every now and then to annoy Inu Yasha into a fight.

Inu Yasha shoot up from his seat, knocking hot soup all over Shippo and Miruko. They both scowled at him, but Inu Yasha signaled for they to be silent. He didn't know what it was, but something had let out a cry in the night. It sent shivers down his spin, being it was filled with pain and hate. The air was filled with a creepy silence. He growled. He could smell youkais, but he couldn't tell where. Kagome tugged at his sleeve.

"What is it?" She asked. Inu Yasha looked at her, not knowing what to say. Kagome shouldn't have been there. She was baring his first pup, and unlike youkais or hanyous, didn't have to natural behavior to protect herself.

"Nothing," Inu Yasha lied. He didn't need her to worry. She was already pushing herself which she knew she shouldn't. Kagome looked at him with a you're-lying-to-me look. "I thought I heard something. It wasn't anything important,"

"No," Sango replied as she pulled out her sword. "I know when I hear a youkai's cry, and that one sounded like it had gone mad," Inu Yasha glared as he felt Kagome pull him closer to her. "They can be really dangerous,"

"All right!" Inu Yasha growled. He got up and walked away.

"Inu Yasha!" Kagome cried to him. "Where are you going?"

"To take care of the youkai," Inu Yasha replied as he disappeared into the dark shadows of the woods. The group sat in silence, when Kagome picked up her bow and arrows.

"Oi! Kagome-sama," Miroku called to her. "Where are you going?"

"To help Inu Yasha," She called as she vanished as well.

Inu Yasha followed the scent of the youkai. By the flowery smell mixed in it, he figured it was female. He stopped and took in a deeper breath.

"Jasmine," He thought. He shook his head and searched his memory to identify the rest. "Youkai, roses, jasmine, and dog,"

"INU YASHA!" a voice called. He jumped at the sound of Kagome's voice. Annoyed, he turned snarling.

"Kagome go back!" He ordered as he pointed back the way she had just come from. "This is dangerous!"

"What if the youkai has a shatter?" Kagome asked. Inu Yasha knew that wasn't the reason. Kagome wanted to beat out information from the demon if it knew where her friend was.

Inu Yasha didn't get to answer as both he and Kagome hear crying. Inu Yasha then heard the sound of something hitting water hard as the crying continued. He led the way, only to find a river where a girl had collapsed. He looked hard at her. In the little moonlight, he made out white strikes mixed with a chestnut brown hair. She reeked of other youkais, but she appeared human. Kagome felt her heart fill with sadness, seeing the woman cry. Her beautiful red and gold Chinese had been ripped in several places. Kagome took a step forward and stepped on a twig. Inu Yasha gasped as he saw the woman's head shot up and snarled at them. Her eyes were a deep gold color, filled with fear and hate. She stopped snarling, as she looked hard at them.

"Ka-Kagome?" She asked. The moon laminated her face. Her cheeks were stained with tears. "KAGOME!"

Kagome stared surprised as the girl ran over to her and flung her arms around her waist. She knew that voice.

"Amy," Kagome replied stunned. It was the first time; she had ever seen the girl cry.

Shippo had fallen asleep in Sango's lap. The little fox child had stayed well over his own bedtime. Sango sat thinking. What had happened to Amy-chan? It had been three weeks since her disappearance. Would they find her? She heard someone coming towards them. Two were walking and the third staggering. She nodded to Miroku who nodded back.

"Who's out there?" Miroku called as he lifted his staff.

"Baka! It's us!" Inu Yasha's irritated voice called. He stopped and gave a little groan as he lifted something over his shoulder. He then stepped into the fire's light. "We found Amy,"

"What happened to her?" Miroku asked as he studied her clothing. "Was she declared a princess?"

"Baka!" Inu Yasha muttered again. He froze. He knew what kind of dress it was, but should he tell them? No, Kagome would be enraged if she knew. God, Amy stunk of a youkai's scent. Where did he know this scent? It was deep, kind of mixed into her scent. Could his brother have…? "We have to leave now,"

"What?" Sango replied standing up in shock, forgetting she had Shippo in her lap. "Gomen Shippo-kun,"

"Awwwe! Hey what's going on?" Shippo asked and looked at the unconscious girl, slouched over Inu Yasha's back. "Who's the girl?"

"Amy-chan,"

"Kagome?" Shippo asked looking confused. "Didn't Amy have only brown hair and blue eyes?"

Kagome thought for a moment. "Yes… she did,"

"You son of a bitch," Amy groaned in pain. Her body ached all over. "What did you do to me, Sessho…"

"Sessho?" Miroku asked, looking puzzled. "Who's he?"

"My brother," Inu Yasha growled as Kagome gasped. "Sesshomaru!"

Amy awoke in the morning. What had happened? She felt so lost and dizzy. Heck! She couldn't see anything! It was all a blur. Slowly, it started to clear up, and she made out a figure looking down at her. He was tall and had… white hair. Amy didn't wait a second before screaming. Had he found her? What would he do to her? The figure jumped back, looking at her as if she had gone mad. She sat up straight for a second when a huge shot of pain ran up from her stomach and she bent over. Amy shut her eyes close as she heard the hassle of footsteps head towards the room. She felt like crying over joy when she recognized the voice.

"Inu Yasha!" Kagome screamed. The poor inu hanyou looked helpless. "What did you do?"

"Nothing!" He cried, fearing that Kagome would say the s word. "She woke up and screamed. Honest!"

"Amy-sama?" Miroku questioned as he noticed her strange sitting position and her rocking back and forth. "Are you ill?"

"God!" Amy muttered as she took in deep and rapid gasps of air. "It hurts! What did he do to me?"

"Amy," Kagome replied as she placed a hand on Amy's back. The girl looked up at her and then shivered in pain. "What's happening to you?"

"I (gasp) don't (gasp) know,"

"What are you feeling?" Inu Yasha asked as he got closer to her. He had to be sure if his theory was right.

"A lot of pain!" Amy growled between her teeth.

"Just in your stomach?"

"Mostly!" Amy gasped of air. "It feels like my entire skeleton is changing!"

"Huh," Inu Yasha replied and left the room. Once Amy had fallen back to sleep the rest of the group joined him. "That son of a bitch!"

"What is it, Inu Yasha?" Shippo asked.

"There's something you know and we don't," Kagome replied. He nodded. "Well, tell us,"

"I don't think I should," He replied and looked at Sango. She knew as well. The pieces fix. Amy's disappearance, Sesshomaru's scent all over her, the timing, even the pains. "I never thought he would do this to a human,"

"Do what?" Miroku asked. He, Kagome, and Shippo felt left out.

"Chose," Sango replied. "But I thought he hated humans,"

"He does," Inu Yasha answered and then thought it over. "Or he did,"

"Wait a minute!" Kagome replied. She needed to get something straight. She had to ask, but she feared to answer. "What do you mean `chose'? Do you mean…" Sango and Inu Yasha nodded their replied. Inu Yasha put his arms into his sleeves, thinking hard. Something still didn't fit. Why was Amy changing? "Oh my god!"

"Poor thing," Miroku whispered. Shippo was now the only one who didn't quiet grasp what they were so upset about.

"So that was why she screamed," Sango replied. She looked at the hanyou at her side. "She thought you were your brother,"

"Gets worse," Inu Yasha muttered. His ears flattened as he started to see the truth. "She's baring his child,"

Silence filled the small room. Kagome bowed her head in order to hide her eyes. Miroku looked worried over at the door that led to Amy's room. Shippo looked nervously at Kagome. Her hands had curled up into fists, making the knuckles white as a single tear fell from her eyes.

"The sick fuck!" Kagome growled. "How could he?"

Inu Yasha hugged her. "Tomorrow, we'll take Amy back to her time," Kagome turned in his arms and rested her head on his shoulder. She hugged his neck and began to cry. None of them realized that Amy had been listening to every word. She smiled inside at the thought of returning home. She closed her eyes and started to dream happily about home, never noticing that the silver moon on her necklace had started to glow.