InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Chapter 10

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author: Hi again. So has anyone guessed what's happening to Amy? Trust me, she is weirder then you think. I don't own Inu Yasha and Co. I just annoy Sesshomaru by tying giant pink bows around his neck and calling him Fluffy!

Song line from the last Unicorn (Author: Guess what part the song fits to)

Now that I'm a woman

Once I can't remember

I was long ago

Someone strange

Amy sat on the porch outside the hut. It was a beautiful summer day, not a cloud in the sky. It had rained a little in the morning so Amy could see a rainbow curving in the sky. The sweet scent of summer grass filled her senses, making her feel numb all over. She stroked Kirara's soft fur as felt the pleasant tingle of the creature's throat as it purred. It was almost noon now. Amy had been sitting there since she had woken up. She had watched the sky change from black to red, to pink, to orange, to a calm blue. Since her normal clothes had been ripped to shreds and the gown she had worn was covered in filth, Kaede had given her some miko clothing. It wasn't too bad, even throw she had gotten use to the feeling of pure silk on her skin, but she would soon be back home. Home? Why did it sound so strange to her now? She thought about it for a wail. In America, her mother kept barking at her, telling her how her future would be. God that woman! She acted as if she was still living in the 1600's. No, Amy didn't feel like she had a home there. Kagome's house was more of a home. Amy blinked as she felt the demon cat's nose nudge her hand. Amy smiled sweetly and continued to pet the cat. Inside, Inu Yasha and the gang had started to talk about things. Inu Yasha was more then ready to go, so was Kagome, but no one wanted to push Amy. Not after what she had been threw. Amy just wanted to be alone for the moment, away from the boys. Sango finally stood up and walked outside and sat next to Amy.

"Tea?" She asked with a kind smile. Amy nodded and smiled back, but it liked almost painful. "Everyone is ready, you just have to say when you are,"

"I know," Amy replied and took a sip of the tea.

"Funny, I never liked tea and here I am, drinking herbal tea," Amy thought and gave a little giggle from herself, then saddened. "What am I going to do? Is Inu Yasha right about me? About this pain?" She touched her stomach lightly. "It's as if I can feel it moving, but how can I be sure?"

"Amy-chan?" Sango asked. She had lost the girl as she entered into her deep thoughts. Amy had bowed her head so that her eyes couldn't be seen. The girl's hands slowly started to tighten. Sango backed off slightly. A low and angry growl immerged from Amy's throat making Kirara hiss and jump out of her lap.

"The bustard!" Amy growled as she felt a small but sharp pain in her hand. She looked down to see that she had squeezed the teacup so hard that it had shattered into her hand. "Huh?"

"AMY!" Kagome shouted as she appeared around the corner. She gasped as she saw the trickles of blood run slowly down Amy's hand. "You okay?"

"Strange," Amy replied in a lost voice as she starred at her hands. "I don't feel any pain anymore," She whipped her hands in the red pants only to find that there weren't any wounds or gashes to be seen. Kagome gasped at this sight. "What did he do to me?"

"That's the sixteenth time you've asked that question and we still don't know the answer," Inu Yasha growled. He blinked for a second as Amy sent him a face that was almost the same as his brother's, cold and hateful. She arose from her seat and snarled.

"Let me be!" She ordered as she pushed Inu Yasha and her friends aside, her eyes flashed dangerously. Inu Yasha grabbed a hold of her arm. What was her problem? Amy turned and starred him dead in the eyes. Inu Yasha released her arm the moment he felt like his skin was going to boil off. Amy walked down the steps and away from them. The hanyou looked at his arm and gasped. There was a reddish burn mark of Amy's… clawed hand. "Kagome? What is Amy's father's name?"

"It's… it's…" Kagome replied but frowned. "I don't remember,"

Far from the others Amy had sat down and looked at the forest. What was with her? This wasn't the way she acted. She looked in the water, hoping to see the happy and sometimes annoying girl that she use to see. Amy pulled away quickly. It wasn't her looking back threw the glassing water. It was a young woman, cold and lost. Her golden eyes looked shock as her hands covered her mouth. Amy felt inside her mouth only to poke herself on a pair of fangs. Lifting her hair out of her eyes, Amy saw a blue diamond in the center of her forehead. Her hands were no longer short and oddly shaped or chewed, but strong and razor sharp claws. Amy blinked for a few seconds before remembering what Sesshomaru had called her.

"So that's why he renamed me," Amy thought. "I'm not Amy anymore. I never was,"

"What do you mean?" a voice asked. Amy turned to see Inu Yasha standing behind her. She turned away. This really annoyed him. "Now listen here! I'm only trying to help you, but how the hell am I going to do that if you won't talk to me!"

"HOW!" Lura screeched. She eyes were filled with tears. "HOW CAN YOU HELP ME IF I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ON WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO ME?! SO DON'T YOU DARE GO AROUND, ACTING LIKE YOU FUCKING KNOW ME, `CAUSE YOU DON'T!" Her breathing was hash now as tears raced down her eyes. She turned her back to him and started to calm down. "No one does… not even me,"

Amy felt someone hug her and cry into her shoulder. "Amy…"

"I don't know Kagome," She muttered as she looked at the water. "I don't know if she ever existed. I think, I was always Lura," She turned and gave both Kagome and Inu Yasha a weak smile. "Let's go home. I have questions for my family that need to be answered,"