InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Kagome's Confession ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Another chapter for you! I'm not sure how long this story will be. Probably atleast 20 chapters, maybe more. Stick around for more fluff, some action, and it may even get limey soon. *wink*

Disclaimer: I wish I could have Inuyasha to myself, but sadly I do not own him.

Chapter two recap:

"pfft, whatever. Lets go."

They start to head towards the well.

"Wait!" 

"What is it, Inuyasha?"

"Did you pack Ramen?"

Kagome laughs and rolls her eyes. "Yes, I packed all sorts of ramen and treats for the others too." 

"Okay, good. Lets go!" He grabs Kagome and jumps into the bone eaters well with her on his back.

'He really is so adorable' Kagome thinks to herself as they get engulfed in the blue light from the well.

_______

Chapter 3: Kagome's Confession

"Come on Sango! Why won't you just bare my children?" *SMACK* Miroku is now sitting on the floor of Kaedes hut with a red handprint on his face.

"Idiot." Shippo shakes his head back and forth.

"Shut up, Monk!" Sango is getting annoyed with the letcher. She takes a deep breath and says, "I wonder what's taking Inuyasha so long getting Kagome."

"Maybe they are having FUN, if you know what I mean." He says with a smirk.

"What do you mean, Miroku? Does this have to do with spring? Can someone teach me about mating season?"

..

Inuyasha and Kagome are only 20 steps from Kaedes hut and he stops moving.

"Whats wrong Inuyasha?"

He completely ignores her and starts to sweat. 'What the hell did that runt just say? Why are those humans talking to that little runt about mating season?'

"Heeellloooo, Inuyasha?" 

"Keh, It's nothing. Lets go in." He puts her down and they walk into the hut."

..

Somewhere deep in a cave hidden from all demons and humans, a man is sitting with an almost completed shikon no tama.

"Kagura." The man says in a low evil voice.

"Yes, Naraku?" Kagura asks, even though she despises her master, she must listen to him or she will surely die.

"I have a plan to destroy that mutt and I need you to do something for me."

"What do I need to do?"

"Get the girl." Naraku says as he starts his evil laugh.

..

"Miroku, you have to stop acting that way. Sango will keep on smacking you." Kagome states as she and Inuyasha walk into the hut. Its very clear to them that something happened because Miroku is sitting on the floor, holding the bright red hand print on his cheek.

"So, why are you guys so late? Something" -pause- "happen between the two of you? Something, interesting? Due tell." Sango slaps Miroku again.

"W-why would you think that? N-nothing is going on, MONK!" Inuyasha is red in the face and looks away from Kagome.

"Kagome ignores that situation and grabs Sango by the arm. "Come on, lets go to a hot spring! I didn't get to take a bath before we came back." She gives inuyasha a dirty look.

Sango and Kagome leave to go take a much needed bath in the hotsprings. 

"You can't just go. It's dangerous!" Inuyasha yells.

Miroku smirks, "he's right. I will keep watch of the lovely ladies."

"NOT A CHANCE!" Inuyasha is pissed now. 

"Don't worry, my friend. I won't peek at your Kagome. I only have eyes for my Sango."

"That's it! Inuyasha Sit!" Inuyasha plumets to the ground and Sango hits Miroku in the head with her Hiraikotsu. The girls than make their escape.

They make it half way to the spring when Shippo jumps on Kagomes shoulder. "Wait! Can't I come? Pleeaasseee!" 

"Sorry Shippo," Kagome starts, "We have to talk about something. Can you please make sure the boys don't follow? Use your fox magic if you have too." She winks at him.

"I will do my best!" He scurries back to the hut.

..

Kagura is flying through the sky on her big feather. "I don't get why I have to do his stupid dirty work. He could just get Kagome on his own. And why must I bring the boy with me?" She looks behind her and Kohaku, Sangos little brother who is still under control by Naraku, is sitting on the feather with a blank stare in his eyes.

"I can hear you, Kagura."

"Whatever." She says as they get closer and closer to the hotspring that the girls are bathing in.

..

"Aaaaahhhh, this is just what I needed!" Kagome exclaims as she and Sango get into the hot water.

"So, what did you want to tell me? Was Miroku right? Did something happen between you and Inuyasha?"

Kagome gets pink in the face and looks down at her hands. "It's probably nothing but -" 

"But what? What happened, Kagome?"

"He almost kissed me!" She blurted out without thinking.

"What?! What do you mean almost?"

"Well, I sorta SAT him."

"Why? I thought that's what you wanted? Isn't it? I mean, it seems kind of obvious."

"Sango, He had to of been thinking of Kikyo when it happened. I never told you this but when me and Inuyasha first met, he almost kissed me. He wasn't looking at me though. He was thinking of Kikyo." Kagome is sounding more and more depressed now.

'She doesn't know. How could she know? She isn't from this time and she doesn't study demons.' "Kagome, do you love Inuyasha?"

"Well, I mean, he's one of my best friends. Of course!"

"You know what I mean. Are you in love with him? This is important."

Kagome looks away and blushes. 'I have to tell someone. I need to get it out.' Sango, don't tell anyone but" - long pause - "I AM IN LOVE WITH INUYASHA! I can't help it. I love him so much. I always want to be around him, even when he's being a big jerk. Even when he goes off to see Kikyo. Even when I know I shouldn't. I love him so much and I just can't help it! What do I do?" Kagome looks into Sangos eyes now as tears start to run down her face.

"I'm sorry Kagome. Don't cry. Listen, I probably shouldn't even tell you this because it's not my business."

"What is it, Sango?"

"Haven't you noticed Inuyasha acting sort of off recently?"

"Well, yeah. Why? Do you know what's going on?"

"Yes."

"Please, tell me!"

"Inuyasha is acting this way because" - The conversation was interupted at the sound of Kaguras voice. 

"Dance of Blades!"

Kagome and Sango jump out of the water and get behind a tree. They quickly throw some clothes on and grab their weapons.

Kagome whispers, "Sango, a jewel shard. It's Kohaku." 

Sango gets pale and looks over and sees him, just standing there with his weapon, emotionless.

"Kagome, go get Inuyasha."

"No, I'm staying here and helping!" Kagome fires an arrow right at Kagura but she moves out of the way.

"Come on stupid girl. Don't try to fight. Just come with me."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because if you don't, I'll kill this boy."

Saimyosho appear behind Kagura. 'They are watching me to make sure I do as I am told.'

"Don't listen to her Kagome! Naraku needs Kohaku, she's not going to kill him!"

Kohaku then steps forward and says in an emotionless voice, "You are right Sango. What's the point in living anyway?" He grabs his blade and starts to dig his jewel shard out from the back of his neck.

"Kohaku, NO!" She tackles him to the ground and when she's not looking, Kagura grabs Kagome. Kagome shrieks and Sango looks behind her, "NO KAGOME!"

Inuyasha is running towards them with Miroku and Shippo. "KAGOOMMEEEE!!! IRON REAVER SOUL STEALER!" He yells and launches himself but just misses Kagura as she flies away with Kagome.

Kohaku uses this oppurtunity to get out of Sangos grasp. He jumps away through the trees. "No! Kohaku! Come back!"

Miroku, Shippo, Sango and a heart broken Inuyasha stare off into the distance where Kagome was taken.

_______

Authors Notes: Thanks so much for reading! If you love this story so far, please leave a review!