InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ InuYasha's Explanation and Kouga's Declaration ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hello Inuyasha Lovers! I am back with a brand new chapter!

Disclaimer: Inuyasha does not belong to me, but I still love him ;)

Chapter 6 recap:

She giggled and jumped into his arms. "Oh Inuyasha! I thought I lost you!"

He wrapped his arms around her waste. "I'm fine Kagome. Really."

She looks him in the eyes. "Inuyasha. I .. I love you."

Inuyasha just stares at her in disbelief. That's when she looks away and starts to tear up again. He gets nervous and quickly makes her look at him. "Kagome. I .. I am not good with words. I don't want you to cry. Please, don't cry."

Kagome looks back up into his temporarily brown eyes. "That's okay, I understand. Even if you don't say it. I know how you feel." She wraps her arms around him and they fall asleep just like that together. All night long, just with each other. Kagome and Inuyasha.

_______

Chapter 7: InuYasha's Explanation and Kouga's Declaration

Miroku, Sango, Shippo and Kaede walk into the hut as the sun is rising. "Weelll, goooodd moorrnning Inuyasha. Lady Kagome. Did you two have a .. good .. night last night?" Miroku has a very lecherous grin across his face.

Inuyasha and Kagome jump up from their sleep and blush as they scoot away from each other. "Please, Sango?"

Understanding what Kagome was saying, Sango hit Miroku on the head with her Hiraikotsu.

"He never does learn, does he?" Shippo laughs.

Kagome glances over at Inuyasha. He's back to his normal half demon self. long white hair, sharp claws, long fangs, georgous amber eyes and adorable puppy dog ears. She inwardly smiles to herself. 'He really is georgous. I can't believe what happened last night. But, does this mean, he actually wants to be with me?' Kagome looks away real fast when she sees him look at her.

When Inuyasha notices Kagome's eyes in his direction, he looks over but she quickly looked away from him. 'She is so beautiful. I am so confused. Mating season starts midnight tonight.' He remembered something about a clock and how they measure time where Kagome lives. He's been trying to learn more about her time recently. 'She kissed me back last night. She said she loves me. Why couldn't I just say it back? .. I want to ask her to be my mate.'

"Heellooooo. Inuyasha? Kagome?"

Kagome and Inuyasha both snap out of their thoughts. "Huh? Yes, Shippo?" Kagome pretends nothing is happening.

"What's going on? Why won't anyone explain to me exactly what mating season is? My father was going to because he said I was old enough to learn. Can someone teach me?"

Everyone in the room gulps. "Ummmm, I think Inuyasha needs to be the one to do that." Kagome looks over and notices his scowl and low growl.

"The hell, I do!"

"Sorry Inuyasha, we gotta go." Kagome grabs Sango and runs out of the hut.

"Umm, I gotta go check out that mysterious demonic aura.. over .. that .. way." Miroku stammers through his sentence and runs out of the hut.

"There is no demonic aura!" Inuyasha yells but is ignored anyway. He looks over at Kaede and she just smiles and replies, "ye must Inuyasha. It is ye duty. I will be gathering some medicinal herbs."

Inuyasha just growls and looks down at a very confused Shippo.

Now that they are alone in the hut, Shippo looks up at Inuyasha and asks again, "please, Inuyasha? Why won't anyone tell me? You know as much as I do, that demons learn stuff way sooner then humans. You were just a kid when your parents died too, and you know."

"Keh." He looks away from Shippo and thinks to himself. 'I was so little back then. I was alone. Well, other then that damn flee, Myoga.' He smiles inwardly. 'He did teach me so much growing up though.' He looks back at Shippo and sees the pleading look in his eyes. 'What the heck. I guess he should know. And I'll need the practice for when Kagome has my pups.' Inuyasha shakes his head of that thought. 'What did I just think? It's much too soon for that. We only just kissed!'

"Okay, Shippo. Come here."

Shippo hops up on the cot and sits next to Inuyasha with this curious look in his eyes.

..

"So Kagome, what did happen between you and Inuyasha last night?" Sango asks.

"Its nothing, really." Kagome smiles awkwardly.

"Miroku, will you go make sure Kohaku is okay?" Sango points toward the village where Kohaku is helping the eldery with their morning chores.

"Sure thing Sango." Miroku walks off into the village, leaving Kagome, Sango and Kirara alone by the god tree.

..

Shippo is getting irritated. It's been 5 minutes and nothing has been said. "INUYASHA! Please tell me! Stop shaking your leg and acting stupid!"

"Who are you calling stupid!" He grabs Shippo by the tail and is about to throw him.

"Kago -" Shippo was interupted by the clawed hand on his mouth.

"Fine, you little runt." He drops Shippo and starts his explanation.

"Shippo, have you ever noticed demons acting differently around spring time, every year?" Shippo nods. "Well, spring time is the time when all demons find a .. mate .. This mate will help the demon feel better.

Shippo interupts and innocently asks, "so are demons sick? Are you feeling bad and will Kagome help?"

Inuyasha gets red in the face and gulps. "Ummm, not exactly shippo." Long pause. 'Okay, I guess I'll just have to say it' "Different demons act a different way during spring time or mating season. Fox demons are kind of like dog demons and they find someone who they love and want to be with forever. Their demon knows this person is their soul mate for life and they go after that person. They can't help but need to be with them."

Shippo thinks hard and asks, "So, what about half demons, like you?"

Inuyasha gulps and continues. "Yes, even half demons like me. I didn't realize until recently why I was acting differently. Spring time is affecting me just like all the other adult demons. My demon half knew my soul mate before my human half figured it out."

"So, it's Kagome then! You two are mates!"

Now Inuyasha is completely pale. "Well not exactly... I have to ask her to become my mate and we have to ummm.."

"What!?"

"We have to be together and I have to mark her."

Shippo is thinking again and says proudly, "Oh! I think I know what that is! It only happens with dog demons, right?"

"Dog demons and wolf demons, yes Shippo." Inuyasha growls to himself as he thinks of the wolf demon he hates so much.

"So, doesn't that mean Kouga could ask Kagome? And they could be bonded for life?"

Inuyasha growls loudly. "That scrawny wolf will NOT touch her! Wolf demons are different then dog demons. They take what doesn't belong to them. He won't ask for permission to become someones mate. He will take what he wants. Dog demons mate for life and their one and only love."

Shippo has another curious look on his face. "So, if a dog demon and a human mate, what happens after the humans life is ended? They don't live as long."

Inuyasha smiles. "Something I learned when I was younger from Myoga, is that if a human and dog demon mate, and that human actually wants to be with the demon fully, then the human lives as long as the demon. But this also means, that they are eternally bonded." Inuyasha frowns. "So if the demon dies, the human dies as well. And if the human dies, the demon will follow soon after." He looks down at Shippo. "Do you understand, now?"

Shippo nods happily and scurries out of the hut. Inuyasha sighs heavily and falls back onto the cot with a loud thump.

..

"Kagura. Come."

"Yes, Naraku?"

"I need time to heal. You will guard the castle and make sure the barrier does not waver. You will guard me until I am well rested and then we can get that girl again. Mating season is just beginning. We still have months before it ends." He laughs deep within his throat as Kagura stands guard by the castle entrance.

..

"So, something DID happen!" Sango screeches in excitement and hugs Kagome.

"But, what does this mean Sango? What if I'm just Kikyo's replacement? What if he doesn't love me? He couldn't even tell me he loves me.."

"He does, Kagome. I know he does."

"How can you know that?"

"Because, I studied demon behaviors. What I was going to tell you before Kagura took you before.."

"What is it, Sango?"

"Dog demons are different. His demon side chose you because it knew that you were meant to be with him forever. No matter what, Inuyasha will be drawn to you. He already chose you. He's just too stubern to admit it out loud to the one person it matters most." They both giggle.

"So, what do I do?"

"Inuyasha will most likely ask you to mate with him. Tonight. Tonight is the begining of spring. I haven't studied dog demons in a very long time, but I know that his demon will be more active then his human half."

Kagome gets nervous. "Does that mean, I could be in danger?"

"I don't think so. He loves you and so does his demon. They want to protect you."

"Thanks Sango." Kagome smiles and hugs her friend, her friend that is like a big sister to her.

Kagome jumps up and looks off into the distance.

"What is it, Kagome?"

"Two Jewel shards. It's Kouga."

Kougas whirlwind shows up right in front of Kagome.

"Why hello there. How is my Kagome?" Kouga immediately holds Kagomes hands and gets extremely close to her.

Inuyasha runs out of the hut immediately upon smelling wolf. "GET AWAY FROM KAGOME!" He pulls out tetsusaiga and aims it at Kouga while shoving Kagome behind him.

"It's fine, Inuyasha, really."

"You see dog breath? It's fine." Kouga smiles and Inuyasha growls. No one noticed but that's when his eyes flash red.

Kouga gets ahold of Kagome's hands again, and looks her in the eyes. "So, Kagome, Mating season is in a few hours and I need a mate."

Kagome gets a little nervous and backs up a step. Inuyasha growls even more.

"Ummm, yeah, Kouga. What about it?"

"You're MY woman. Therefore, you are MY mate. I will have you tonight."

Inuyasha's eyes flash crimson again but this time stays red for 3 seconds and everyone notices. He pushes Kouga out of the way and says, "You will NEVER have Kagome! She is NOT yours, you stupid wolf!"

Kouga laughs and says, "Of course she is! She is not marked. Meaning, I can choose her if I please. I can take her and no one will stop me."

Kagome steps in front of Inuyasha, surprising him and Sango.

"Kagome, what are you doing?" Sango asks.

"It's fine. Kouga, I know you said you love me but it can't happen."

"Why not? Do you understand how wolves find mates?"

"Well, not really, but.."

"This is how." Kouga grabs Kagome before anyone could stop him and runs off at the speed of light. That's when Inuyasha's eyes completely turn red and stay that way. He growls real loudly and in a deep throated voice says, "I will kill him. I will kill Kouga and then Kagome will be mine." Sango gasps as Inuyasha starts his chase after Kouga and the one he loves.

_______

Authors Notes: Another chapter completed! YAY!! What did you think?