InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Together Again ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 14 is here! I know I said earlier in the story that there may be about 20 chapters. But now that I have more of a plan on how this story is headed, It's definitely going to be much longer then that. I can't say for certain but maybe 50? 100? Who knows lol

Disclaimer: Inuyasha is not mine, this story using him is my own though

Chapter 13 recap:

Kagome and Inuyasha are on the other side of the well and walk back to Kaedes and their friends, ready to continue their journey to defeat Naraku. Inuyasha is determined to find out how to fix his spring time problems.

Chapter 14: Together Again

Now that the gang is back together, they are walking down a trail in the Feudel Era. Kagome is walking with Sango; Shippo on her shoulder and kirara in Sango's arms. They are walking about 10 feet in front of Inuyasha and Miroku. Kohaku is dragging behind them about another five feet.

"Kagome?"

"Yes, Sango?"

"Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, the last time I saw you, you had just gotten back from when Kouga had taken you. You didn't look so good. What .. what happened?"

Kagome looks down at the ground. 'I still don't have all the answers, myself. I need to know if he got me pregnant.'

"I'm sorry, you don't have to tell me if you are uncomfortable."

"No, it's fine Sango. Why don't we find a hotspring and I'll fill you in on everything." She looks up at a curious Shippo, 'I can't say this in front of him.' 

"So, Inuyasha."

"What is it monk?"

"You and lady Kagome seem to be closer." He grins at him.

"Keh, whatever." 'I don't know if I should ask Miroku what I have been thinking. I haven't even fully had a chance to think about it myself yet.'

Kohaku is walking by himself, deep in thought. 'Why. Why do I keep hearing that voice. Why can't I make it stop?'

Kagome turns around and yells back at them, "Inuyasha! Can we find a hotspring? Please?"

"You girls always have to take a break! We just got back!"

'Great. Inuyasha is acting like nothing has changed between us.'

He notices the change on her face and says, "Pfft, whatever." He sniffs the air and continues, "There is a hotspring about fifty feet that way." He points off into the woods.

Without any warning, the girls start to run towards the springs.

"Wait! You can't just go on your own!"

They completely ignore him and leave anyway.

"Shippo, keep an eye on them please." He nods his head and jumps toward the three boys.

"Inuyasha, I can tell something is troubling you. What is it?"

Inuyasha looks at Miroku, wanting to ask him a very personal question but he can't do it with two kids near by.

"Shippo. Go practice hunting with Kohaku."

He gets excited because he is really proud of himself lately. He's been getting much better at hunting and cooking his own meals. They both go off together.

Inuyasha and Miroku stop walking and just stand by the tree line in silence.

"Inuyasha, I can't help if you won't speak up."

Inuyasha says in an extremely quiet and fast manner, too quiet for a human to hear, "Kagomeagreedtobemymate."

"HUH? You are going to have to speak up, my friend."

"Uggghh, damn humans and your stupid hearing. I said .. Kagome agreed to be my mate. Happy now?"

Standing there in shock and disbelief, Miroku starts to get lecherous. "Aaaahhh so you and lady Kagome, have .. you know?" He puts his arm around Inuyasha's shoulders and winks at him.

Inuyasha gets annoyed and punches him on the top of his head. "NO! Stop assuming!"

"But, I thought that's what mates do??"

"I started the process by .. um .. biting her neck. We are not fully mated yet." He pauses and looks at his friend. "I wanted to ask you something. Something personal."

Surprised by his friends forwardness, he stands there and listens. 

"How do .. uh .. humans ask about .. marriage?"

Astounded by his question, Miroku just stands there, mouth agape and staring straight at Inuyasha.

"WILL YOU STOP STARING AT ME!?"

"Sorry Inuyasha, it's just .. you want to ask lady Kagome to marry you? I didn't think demons cared about that sort of thing."

"Well, they don't. I mean .. I am half human. My parents were married. My dad was a full demon, mom a human. I .. love .. Kagome and I want her to be happy. Humans get married and I want it to be official. Not just on demon terms, but human terms as well."

Now Miroku is extremely surprised at the change in his friend. He is acting more mature then he did the last time he saw him. 'Kagome has really helped you grow up, Inuyasha.' 

"Well? Don't just stand there, monk."

"Sorry, uh .. I don't know too much about Kagome's time and how they do things, but I asked Sango to marry me and -"

"WHAT?!"

"Oops. We weren't going to say anything just yet. But yeah, after Naraku is defeated, we are going to get married."

"Wow."

They continue to talk like actual friends, Inuyasha more open to talk about his feelings for Kagome now.

..

Kagome and Sango are relaxing in the hotspring. Kagome had just finished telling Sango all about her encounter with Kouga and how Inuyasha and her are going to be fully mated. She even told her about her friend in the future, who now knows the truth.

"Wow, that's a lot Kagome. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I can't imagine."

"Thank you, Sango. I have had Inuyasha and he really has helped. I can't even think where I would be without him."

"You really love him, huh?"

"More then anything."

"Kagome?"

"Yes?" They look at each other with serious expressions.

"You said you will be his mate but .."

"But what?"

Sango looks away and blushes, "have you thought about marriage? I mean, as a human woman, you had to of thought about it. Right?"

Kagome doesn't understand why Sango is blushing. This is about her, right? "Well, yeah. But Inuyasha is a demon. Demons mate and in their world, mating is more eternal then anything we humans could do."

"He is a half demon though. Half human."

"But he still has demon customs. I love him and I am perfectly happy with our relationship."

Sango is still blushing, wanting to tell her friend but unsure how to do it.

"Sango, what's going on with you?"

"MIROKU ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM!" She just blurted it out without thinking.

"WHAT?! That's amazing Sango!" The friends hug and talk about their futures for another fifteen minutes before heading back to the boys.

..

"The girls are almost here. Inuyasha, advice, talk to Sango."

"Sango? Why her?"

"Because she and Kagome talk about everything. She has to have some sort of idea about how proposing works in Kagome's world."

"Yeah, if Kagome actually talked about marriage."

"Just try."

"It will be weird if I want to talk to her alone. You do it."

"Fine. But you owe me Inuyasha. 

"Whatever."

Shippo and Kohaku show up with two rabbits and three fish right at the same time Kagome and Sango walk up to them.

"Shippo, didn't I tell you to watch them?" Kagome sternly askes in a motherly sort of tone.

"Sorry Kagome. But look! Kohaku caught three fish and I chased down these two rabbits!" He proudly holds up tonights dinner.

Kagome gives him a proud look and replies with, "good job Shippo."

"Sango, can I speak with you?" Miroku pulls her away by a tree about 15 feet from the rest of the group.

"What was that about?" Kagome asked no one in particular.

"How should I know?!"

"Geez Inuyasha." She looks at him worriedly. "Inuyasha, is something going on?"

He turns to look at her. "What? No, why?"

"You are acting kind of weird."

"I guess I'm just thinking about finding Myoga and getting answers."

'That makes sense. We do need to know what exactly is happening.'

..

"WHAT?! Inuyasha is going to ask Kagome to marry him? That's so sweet!"

"Sssshhhh. Sango. It has to be a surprise. So, has Kagome mentioned anything about it."

"Well, actually she did say something that is different."

"What is it?"

"They get a ring and ask them with the ring. It's supposed to go on this finger .." She points at her ring finger, ".. and when the woman wears it, it shows other men that she is taken. Apparently, during the ceremony, they put rings on each others hand."

"Interesting."

..

"Kagome, we need to stop by Totosai's."

"Why?"

"That's the only way for me to find that damn flee."

Everyone gets back together for dinner and to make camp for the night. Inuyasha is up in a tree keeping watch, while Kagome is laying with Shippo. Sango is sleeping with Kirara and Miroku is sitting against a nearbye tree to help keep watch also. 

'I wish Inuyasha would sleep next to me. I still feel safest with him.'

They plan on heading back on their journey in the morning.

Authors Notes: Thanks for reading chapter 14! Please R&R and let me know in the comments how it is so far!