InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Answers ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Thank you for continuing to read my first ever Fanfiction! Chapter 16 is about to begin :D

Disclaimer: Inuyasha does not belong to me

Chapter 15 recap:

"One last chance, Kagura!"

"Dance of blades!"

"WIND TUNNEL!" Miroku releases his Kazaana and a powerful black hole threatens to take Kagura's life. That's when she decides to take her leave.

Miroku falls to the his knees in pain, he sucked up about two dozen of those poisonous insects. After a moment, he walks over to join his friends.

"Kagome."

Kagome opens her eyes and looks at Inuyasha holding her close. "Inu-yasha. Kohaku, he's going to be okay." That's when she falls back to sleep in his arms.

Chapter 16: Answers

Almost to Totosai's, Inuyasha is carrying kagome on his back. Sango, Shippo, Kohaku and Miroku are riding Kirara. Miroku is still healing from the poison of the Sainyosho entering his blood stream. Luckily, Sango found some antidote at the bottom of Kagome's backpack.

"Inu-yasha?"

"We are almost to Totosai's. Go back to sleep."

Kagome cuddles her head into the back of his neck. 'I could lay like this all day.' She drifts back to sleep.

Once they all arrive on the volcanic mountain where Totosai resides, Inuyasha layed Kagome down on Kirara and told the others to stay with her.

"But what are we doing here, Inuyasha?"

"None of your damn business, Shippo."

Shippo crosses his arms as if to pout and looks away. "You didn't have to be so mean."

"Keh, whatever."  While the rest of the group stays outside of the giant skull in which Totosai lives in, Inuyasha heads inside. "Totosai!"

"Inuyasha. What are you doin' here?"

"Where is that damn flee! I know you know, so just tell me!" Inuyasha feels a pinch on his face and slaps it. A small flee falls off of him slowly into his hand.

"Master Inuyasha, What brings you looking for me?"

"I need answers."

"Well, I can't help you without any context."

"What is going on with me? I can't control my demon side, and the damn Tetsusaiga isn't doing anything to help!"

"Well that's simple really. It's mating season."

Inuyasha's eye twitches in frustration and he holds Myoga close to his face as he says in a very angry way, "I. know. that. But shouldn't I be able to control myself now that Kagome and I have decided to become mates?"

"Master Inuyasha! I am so proud of you! Mating with a human, just like your father."

This causes Inuyasha to become more frustrated.  "Just explain!"

"Well, tell me exactly what is happening."

"Everytime someone threatens Kagome in any way, my demon side comes out. Even if someone just says something the wrong way, I can't control it." He pauses and thinks, "I uh .. have been waking up from dreams and have been partly transformed. The first time this happened, only part of my features changed. The second time, all of my features changed but my personaliry didn't."

"And you and Kagome .. are .. " *cough* "Fully mated?"

Inuyasha blushes the color of his Haori, "Well, not exactly."

"Well, that's your problem! Demons are meant to do the entire mating ritual at once and if they cannot, they should not wait too long. Bad things can come of that. I'm assuming you just marked her. How long since then?"

"I guess about a week."

Totosai speeks up, "A WEEK!? You idiot!"

"Old man, don't you start with me!"

"He is right Inuyasha. That is not good. Why wait so long?"

"It's complicated." He looks away and at that moment Kagome walks in alone.

"It's because of me."

"Kagome.."

"Something happened to me and I wasn't feeling ready. Inuyasha has made me feel a lot better but I still feel like it haunts me."

"I see. This thing that happened. Did Inuyasha cover another demons mark?" Myoga asked.

"Yes."

Myoga hops up onto Kagome and sucks some of her blood. Inuyasha grabs him real fast and yells, "Hey! What do you think you're doing!"

"Inuyasha. You came here to ask for my help."

"Yeah, and instead you get yourself some free meals!"

Myoga ignores Inuyasha's outburst and asks Kagome a serious question. "Kagome, was this demon .. a wolf?"

"Umm, yeah. How did you know that?"

"Your blood, tastes of wolf. Which of course is normal since you have not completed the ritual yet. Where is he? The one who marked you."

"Dead. I killed that good for nothing wolf." Inuyasha's eyes flash red.

"Kagome. I'm going to need you to sit down."

"What is it Myoga? What's going on?"

"He is not dead."

As Inuyasha was about to fully transform, Kagome fell over in shock. This causes Inuyasha to stay level headed and catch her before she hits the ground.

"Are you okay, Kagome?"

"Um, yeah. Myoga? H-how do you Know this?"

"Your blood still tastes of wolf and Inuyasha had to cover it up. If he had died, then the mark would have gone away on its own within hours, since wolves usually don't mate for love. Inuyasha, you really should have come to me sooner."

"Myoga?"

"Yes Kagome?"

"I was just thinking .. I am really worried he could have gotten me pregnant." She looks away, emberrassed. 

"You are not."

Inuyasha and Kagome look at him, surprised. 

"How do you know this?" Inuyasha spoke up.

"Two reasons. Her blood would have changed taste, which it did not. And you would have smelled it. Really Inuyasha, I should have taught you more growing up."

Kagome feels a huge weight being lifted off her shoulders and then gives Inuyasha a huge hug. She then turns pale as the news that Kouga is still alive sinks in. She pulls away from her hanyou and asks, "Inuyasha, what do we do now that we know Kouga has to be alive?"

"I'll protect you. I promise." He puts his arm around her and they turn back towards the flee and old blacksmith.

"Kagome. Inuyasha has been having dreams and waking up as his demon self." She nods. "Have you also experienced dreams?"

She looks away, slightly embarrassed. "Just twice."

"I see. When did these dreams happen?"

"The first one was soon after Inuyasha marked me and the other one was just the other night while we were camping out in the woods."

Myoga turns to Inuyasha, "and I'm assuming yours were about the same."

"Uhhh, yeah."

"Kagome, you love Inuyasha. I know what happened was hard. Completing the mating ritual will not only protect you from the wolf that attacked you, but also from Inuyasha who is slowly changing."

"I don't need protecting from Inuyasha! I trust him with my life."

"Kagome, what have your dreams been about?" Myoga asked her.

She looks away, "Nothing." Inuyasha looks at her with a worried expression and hurt in his eyes.

Myoga speeks up and says, "they were not dreams, were they? They were nightmares. Inuyasha was attacking you."

Kagome doesn't say anything but feels ashamed that her brain has been giving her these images at night. Inuyasha just hugs her tighter.

"Master Inuyasha, Kagome. You both have been having dreams around the same time, which occured after he has marked you because you are connected. You can sense the change and it needs to be fixed. The only way for that is to complete the mating process. This time, you need to bite harder. You need to make sure you fully over power the mark of the wolf. Inuyasha, you may be a half demon but you are strong."

They both blush at the conversation of something so personal, but they understand, and are happy to be given such helpful advice.

"Kagome, can you go back outside? I will be right out."

Kagome is confused as to why Inuyasha wants her to leave, but she agrees anyway. After Kagome leaves, Inuyasha gets more serious.

"Totosai. I need a favor."

"Well that's not the way to ask for help, Inuyasha."

"Don't make me hit you."

Totosai hides behind his three eyed cow and yells, "Well? What is it then!"

"Are you able to forge .. jewelry?"

This surprises them both. Inuyasha asking about jewelry?

"Well, I suppose. Why?"

"I want to ask Kagome to marry me." They both gasp in surprise at Inuyasha's act of humanity and maturity. 

"Oh shut-up. Where Kagome is from, the man asks the woman to marry him using a ring. Well? Can you make one?"

"A strange request. But I don't see why not. What do ya have in mind, Inuyasha?"

"Something that can help protect her, even while I'm not with her."

"Aaaahh. I see. I can create something perfect for her."

Inuyasha pulls out a piece of diamond from his Haori and hands it over to Totosai. "Last time I mentioned this adamant shard from my Tetsusaiga, her brother said it is very valuable where they live. I want the ring to have this on it." Inuyasha looks away blushing. He is not so used to showing his feelings but he is trying to get better, for Kagome.

"Well, master Inuyasha. You really have grown. I am so happy for you! Your father would be so proud!"

"Yeah, well. I want Kagome to be happy and when she is happy, I'm happy." He blushes even more. "Keh, whatever. Thanks old man. I'll be back to pick it up in a couple days."

Totosai's eyes practically pop out of his face. "Days!? For something I have never attempted!"

"I need it as soon as possible." He says with a slightly aggrivated tone.

"Alright, alright. I will be done in two days, Inuyasha."

With that, he turns and walks out to meet his friends.

Authors Notes: Well? What did you think? Kouga is not dead! Did that surprise you? Haha, I hope so :D Please R&R and continue the story!