InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mating Season ❯ Kagura's Death and InuYasha's Mate ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update yesterday. I'll try and make up for it by making this chapter longer then usual. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I sadly do not own Inuyasha* - {*CRY*}

Chapter 16 recap:

"Well, master Inuyasha. You really have grown. I am so happy for you! Your father would be so proud!"

"Yeah, well. I want Kagome to be happy and when she is happy, I'm happy." He blushes even more. "Keh, whatever. Thanks old man. I'll be back to pick it up in a couple days."

Totosai's eyes practically pop out of his face. "Days!? For something I have never attempted!"

"I need it as soon as possible." He says with a slightly aggrivated tone.

"Alright, alright. I will be done in two days, Inuyasha."

With that, he turns and walks out to meet his friends.

Chapter 17: Kagura's Death and InuYasha's Mate

Everyone is now back to looking for Naraku and more jewel shards. Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kirara, Shippo and Kohaku are walking along a dirt road.

"Are you sure you are okay Miroku? You sucked in a lot of poison." Shippo worriedly asked. 

"I'm fine. I've had a lot worse." He laughs it off like it's not a big deal.

"It's not funny, Miroku. You could have been seriously hurt!" Sango yelled at him.

Miroku slyly puts an arm around her, "So you were worried about me?"

She blushes and looks away, "Yeah, well."

"Come on Sango, you don't have to act all shy. You and Miroku are getting married. Right?" Kagome said to her friend.

Blushing even more, she changes the subject. "What about you, Kohaku? You have barely said anything since you woke up. How are you feeling?"

"I .. it's nothing."

Kagome knows that look. The look of someone in pain, suffering. Remembering past mistakes. "Y-you remember. Don't you, Kohaku."

Everyone looked at Kagome like she had two heads. Kohaku looked up at her with tears in his eyes. "I - I remember father and .. and the others. I remember I killed them! I hurt you Sango. My .. my own sister!" He puts his face in his hands and can't control his emotions. Sango hugged him tight. "I hurt a lot of people. I couldn't stop. I don't deserve life."

"Kohaku, you were being controlled. It's not your fault. We know that, you should too." Sango smiled down at her little brother.

"She's right Kohaku. It wasn't you. We know you would never have agreed to those things." Kagome tried to reassure him. Although still upset, he did start to feel a little better.

Inuyasha decided to speak up this time, "Why don't you just stop crying and man up already! If we didn't trust you, you wouldn't be here with us right now. So just stop whining and let's go!" Inuyasha may have sounded cruel and uncaring to someone who didn't understand how his brain worked. But to the group, that was his way of showing he cares. The only person who has seen his true feelings, is the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with. 

Kohaku wiped his tears away, stood up and nodded his head in understanding. 'If everyone here believes in me, I guess I can try and believe in myself.' He shows a small smile.

The group of friends continue on their search when out of no where Kagura's voice was heard. "Dance of Blades!" She yelled and wind in the shape of blades flew at the whole group.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha grabbed her and jumped out of the way before she was struck. The rest of the group readied themselves for a fight.

Inuyasha pulled out his Tetsusaiga and protectively stood in front of Kagome. His eyes flashed red for just a moment.

"Kagura."

"I have been ordered to kill the boy. If you get in the way, I'll kill you too. Dance of the Dragon!" She yelled.

Inuyasha grabbed Kagome and put her to the side. "Stay here."

"Hiraikotsu!" Sango yelled as a giant boomerang was thrown towards Kagura but she got out of the way quickly. 

"Wind Tunnel!" Miroku yelled as the powerful wind threatened to take Kagura with it. At that moment, Sainyosho showed up and he started to suck them in one by one.

"Dammit Miroku!" Inuyasha ran up and stopped him before he sucked up too much poison. "Will you ever stop being stupid! Now you are too hurt to help!" Miroku sat off to the side, in pain while a small Shippo stays with him. 

Sango is protecting Kohaku, trying to make sure nothing can hurt him.

Kagura is getting impatient. "Don't you see!? I have to kill him!"

Kagome was the only one to see it, she knew. "Kagura! You don't have to. We can help you! Naraku is making you do this, like he was making Kohaku, right?"

'Don't you get it? He will kill me.' "You don't know anything! Dance of blades!"

"Wind Scar!" Inuyasha yelled and stopped her attack before it reached Kagome.

"Dammit Kagome! Can't anyone here just stop being so stupid!"

"Sit." She said calmy. He falls to the ground, groaning. 

"Kagura. Let us help you."

"Stupid girl! You can't help me! I'm not being controlled by a simple shard. He has my heart in his hands. Don't you think I want him dead!?"

At that moment, Kagura started to feel pain where her heart should be. She fell from the sky, off of her feather and landed onto the hard ground in front of the others. Everyone ran up to her with confusion.

"The sacred jewel." Kagome said and looked up into the sky.

Naraku appeared from a giant dark cloud. He is laughing as if he heard the funniest joke ever. He seems to be holding something in his hand. Kagura's heart. She is still on the ground, in pain, clutching her chest. A stray tear escaped her eye.

Inuyasha growls. "Naraku. WIND SCAR!" The yellow energy from his sword goes straight at the evil demon in front of them, but a barrier stops it. 

"Don't you get it yet? You can't defeat me!" He laughs again.

"Oh yeah?!" Inuyasha's sword turns a crimson red. He jumps up into the air where Naraku was, and swung his Tetsusaiga down onto the barrier. After a couple seconds of trying to get through, he was bounced back and fell to the ground.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome screemed and ran up to him. "Are you alright?"

"Grrr, I'm fine." He gets back up to readies his sword again.

"Don't you care about her?" Naraku gestures toward Kagura and everyone looks at her, struggling in pain.

"Why would I care about a woman that keeps trying to kill me!?" Inuyasha yells.

"Well, your mate seems to care. Or .. Is she Kouga's mate?" He laughs evily.

Kagome starts to back up in fear. She knows that the only people here who knew, were Inuyasha and Sango.

Miroku looks at her with sympathy, he now understands what happened. Shippo is confused, he thought Inuyasha was going to mate with Kagome.

Kagome starts to break down. She can't handle it. In anger, fear and pure passion, she pulls back an arrow. She starts to radiate a mixture of pure pink and bright sky blue. The color swirls around her body and ends at the tip of the arrow. Everyone looks at her in utter disbelief. This is the most power that has ever emenated off of her at once. "Naraku." She lets her arrow fly. It shatters the barrier and goes through the center of his body.

"WHAT?! How have you grown stronger?!" He holds onto Kagura's heart and squeezes what life she has left.

A womans screem could be heard for miles, until finally, silence. She was dead.

"Wind Scar!" Inuyasha wanted to finish Naraku off. Right before his powerful attack was about to hit, Naraku vanished, as if he was never even there.

"DAMMIT!! He got away!" He looks over to Kagome, who was back to her normal self. She was slowly walking up to the lifeless body in front of them, Kagura.

"She wanted him to die. She hated him just as much as we do." Kagome sheds a tear for the woman who has hurt her and her friends. She knows that if given the chance at life, Kagura would not have done what she was forced to do.

..

"Lord Sesshomaru! Where are we headed?" A small green Imp, known as Jaken asked.

Sesshomuru just stayed silent. Another minute passed and when he sensed they were close, he turned and spoke to Rin, the little girl who traveled along with them.

"Rin."

"Yes, my lord?"

"Take Ah-Un and go get something to eat. You are hungry." He said that as more of a statement, rather then a question.

She felt her stomach rumble, got excited and exclaimed, "yes, my lord!" They then went to find some food.

..

"Come on Kagome. It's no use. Naraku was going to kill her no matter what. We had no control." Inuyasha tried to convince Kagome to leave.

"I know. I just wish I could have helped." She sniffed and then as she was about to leave, saw someone in the distance.

"Inuyasha. Isn't that Sesshomuru?" She points off where she sees the man but her human eyes could barely make out who it is.

Inuyasha growls and pulls his Tetsusaiga back out.

When Sesshomuru walks up to the group, he doesn't say anything. He just stares at the lifeless woman laying in front of them.

'Why Tetseiga. Why must you be drawn now? .. For her?' He slowly unsheathes his sword of healing. A sword that can revive a hundred lifeless beings in one sweep. He can see them. The small beings of the underworld around her cold and lifeless form.

"What are you doing, my Lord?" Jacken asked but was once again, ignored.

He slices through the air at what seems like nothing. Nothing happened at first. Then Kagura began to breathe. When she opened her eyes, she saw him. The man who saved her. She felt a new sensation within her chest. 'Is this what it feels like? To be alive?' She looks back at the man who had saved her, the man she only met once or twice before, and noticed he was leaving without a word.

"Sesshomuru!" Kagome yelled.

He glanced at her.

"Why did you do it?" She innocently asked.

He didn't say anything but she knew, she knew his heart had grown softer. 'Rin is effecting your heart.' She smiles to herself. Then she notices Kagura following after the dog demon lord.

"That was weird." Inuyasha said.

Everyone agreed, but Kagome knew. She can tell someone with a heart. Sesshomuru may not show it but she can tell his heart is growing to love. Or, atleast, care.

..

"That stupid girl. She has to be taken away from that worthless half demon. Now I cannot fight. I must heal. Kagura. How is it possible to escape death? .. Kanna."

Kanna walks in and just looks at him.

"Keep watch of them through your mirror. Any weakness must be known."

She agreed and showed him what the group of friends were up to.

..

"Miroku. Are you alright?" Sango worriedly asked.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine." He tried to cover up his pain but it was no use. He pulled in too many insects this time. They were out of Kagome's antidote too.

"Why don't we stop at the nearest village to rest up for the night?" Kagome asked the group.

"Ugghhh. If Miroku wouldn't have been so stupid, this wouldn't have happened!"

"Inuyaashha." Kagome said in her usual 'I'm going to sit you if you don't be quiet voice'. 

He gulped and just looked away. 

Miroku, Sango, Shippo and Kohaku rode on kirara's back to the nearest village. Kagome was on Inuyasha's back.

"Are you okay Kagome?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, about what Naraku said."

"I'm fine. He said it to get under my skin. I'm not going to allow him to win."

He held her closer to him and thought to himself, 'how are you so strong? Kouga. You are still out there. If you come near Kagome, I'll kill you.'

They finally arrived at a village where the villiage people were kind enough to allow them a nights rest. They gave them two rooms, assuming the boys would stay in one room and the girls in the other.

"Come on Sango, please?"

"No monk."

"Why not? You said you would marry me. Why can't we stay in the same room?"

She just glances at him as if to say, 'really?' 

He backs away and looks at the rest of his friends as if to ask, 'please help me here!'

Kagome really could use some alone time with Inuyasha so she comes up with a way to convince her friend to allow the arrangement. "Sango, if you take Kohaku and Shippo, then Miroku won't be able to try anything." She smiles at her friend.

Sango, understanding, agreed and said, "If you try anything, Kirara will rip your head off." She turns and walks into their room. 

Miroku, not knowing whether to be greatful for Kagome interfering or freighful of Sango, his future wife, walked in behind her. Kohaku followed close behind.

"Can I pleeaaasseeee stay with you, Kagome?" Shippo whined.

"I'm sorry Shippo. I promise to spend some more time with you real soon, okay?"

He reluctantly agreed and went into the same room as Sango and Miroku.

Inuyasha and Kagome go into their own room and Inuaysha asks, "What are -"

He was cut off by Kagome jumping into his arms and immediately kissing him. He didn't question it, he has been having a lot of urges for her since the start of mating season. They are kissing passionatly and Kagome leads him to the cot on the other end of the room. She gets on top of him as he falls backwards onto the cot. He is surprised at her sudden act of dominance. Being that he is a half dog demon, he has the instinct to be the dominant one. Yet, somehow, his instincs are thrown away at what she is doing to him. He is underneath the love of his life as their kiss grows deeper and deeper. With every passing second, Kagome seems to get more and more anxious for her half demon to show her what it's like to be with him. She kisses him more passionatly, her tongue moving across his lips, begging his mouth for entrance. Once she does this though, his instincts start to take over. 

He rolls her over onto her back to gain dominance over his mate. Once he is on top of her, he takes her hands in his and pins her down to the bed. He looks her in the eyes and his flash red, going completely noticed by the beautiful priestess laying beneath him. 

"My turn." Inuyasha says in his usually terrifying voice. Yet, at this moment, Kagome is not afraid at all. She knows that he isn't going to harm her. She assumes this has something to do with what Myoga told her about them being partly connected. Kagome knows now. She wants .. no, needs to be fully connected with him. 

"Inuyasha," She says. 

He stops and looks into her deep brown eyes. His, still changing back and forth from amber to crimson, back to amber.

"Kagome." He says, trying to stay in control. "Are .. you okay?"

"I'm ready." She pauses to kiss him before continuing. "I'm ready to become your mate. Make me yours."

Authors Notes: HAHAHA! Sorry! I had to stop here! I guess you'll have to keep reading to find out what's next!!! TO BE CONTINUED...