InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Maya and Sesshomaru: A Fuedal Love Tail ❯ How To annoy A Demon...and Still Live ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
I’m back again...

Disclaimer: I still don’t own Inuyasha...but Sesshomaru is mine cause I put a leash around his neck and built him a doggy house.

This chapter is rated R because of Maya’s very colorful vocabulary directed toward a certain demon.

Oh and Sesshomaru is going to be half nice towards humans and Inuyasha (not that much though and he‘s only half nice toward Maya cause she‘ll kick his butt if he isn‘t). So he’s really going be out of character. Sorry for all Fluffy Puppy fans who love his bad side.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

Chapter 2: How To annoy A Demon...and Still Live

‘Maya?’ Kagome called as she, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango and Shippo searched the surrounding forest for the young woman.

‘So Kagome, your cousin is in this forest? And she may be lost no thanks to Inuyasha? What exactly happened?’ Miroku asked as he walked up beside Kagome.

Kagome sighed and kept walking. Answering the question that was on everyone’s mind.

‘Well, she heard about Sesshomaru and wanted to meet him for herself. Inuyasha and her got into a big fight cause he said that we should meet up with you guys first, then go looking for his brother. Maya took it the wrong way as if to mean Inuyasha didn’t want to help and so she took off. And so now, she’s out here all alone and I really hope nothing happens to her. Or to the demons that try to attack her.’ she explained.

‘She wanted to meet...who?’ Miroku asked, a bit shocked at the name.

‘Sesshomaru...yeah I know what you’re thinking. “Why in the world would she risk her life and safety to meet up with someone as cold hearted as Sesshomaru?” Well to tell you the truth, I’m not really sure. Maya was always one to do something dangerous, even if it meant meeting up with a murderer. I remember one time when she had herself locked up with a man who was on death row for killing an entire family.’ Kagome said as she slowed her pace.

Sango rode up on Kirara and paced herself along with the others. She looked at Kagome with a shocked expression. ‘What happened to her?’ she asked.

‘Nothing, the man tried to hurt her but Maya just beat him silly with a crowbar. Funny how the police didn’t notice it when she walked in. I guess she had it with her or she found it in a cell. Anyways, the guy got what was coming to him cause about a month after the murder, Maya told me that the family he killed was that of her best friend Veronica. She had promised them that if anything ever happened, she would be there to defend them.’ Kagome explained.

‘Kagome, aren’t you worried about her?’ she asked.

Kagome nodded her head and laughed. ‘Of course I am. Maya happens to be my favorite cousin in the whole known galaxy. But I already know she’s a tough opponent. I’ve seen her in lots of fights. But that doesn’t mean I worry about her even less. I also feel bad for the demons that try to attack her. Maya isn’t exactly what one would call a feeble and weak girl. She studies martial arts, knows over one hundred death grips and has been on her own on several occasions. She even participated in some martial arts tournament and won first place. And also, if her fighting skill won’t get them, her attitude will. Maya will be on you like a flea on a dog, sorry Inuyasha, if you bad mouth her, or anyone she cares about.’

‘She sounds like a formidable foe. It’s a good thing she’s on our side then.’ Sango said as she hopped down off Kirara. ‘By the way Kagome...how will Miroku, Shippo and I know when we have found her?’

‘She’s wearing a pair of pants that are low on her waist, we call them hip huggers, and a half top. Also, her hair is red. Trust me, you’ll know when you see her.’ Kagome answered.

‘Alright, thanks.’ Sango said as she went one way through the woods. Miroku and Shippo nodded to Kagome as they too headed in a different direction. Leaving Kagome and Inuyasha alone to search in the direction they were heading.

Meanwhile....

Maya had awoken, feeling a bit dizzy and lightheaded. Her stomach growled from the lack of food. Standing up, she looked around to get her bearings.

‘Well at least it’s not dark anymore. Maybe now I can find myself back to the well.’ she thought.

Stretching, Maya began heading back the way she was walking the night before. If only she could find the well. Then maybe Kagome would come and help her out of this mess. As she walked Maya got the creepy feeling that someone was watching her. Turning her head this way and that, she listened as best as she could. Some bushes rustled nearby and Maya held her breath. As she watched, the bushes moved to let some sort of animal go by. It looked like a rabbit and Maya laughed to herself for being startled by Bugs Bunny.

‘Calm down there Maya. You’re just going crazy. This is your first time in Feudal Japan and everything is bound to make you nervous.’ she thought as she breathed a sigh of relief.

But her relief was short lived as a twig snapped close by and a large and very ugly demon jumped out in front of her.

‘Well, well...what do we have here? Something to appease my hunger? You look like you would make a fine breakfast.’ it said.

Maya stood still and watched as the ugly demon stomp up to her. She was frozen with fear. How could she move or even get away? ‘You don’t surely mean to eat me, do you?’ she asked through gritted teeth. ‘Perfect! First I get lost, and now I’m going to get ate. God I wish I stayed home this time!’ she thought.

The demon licked its lips and reached down to grab Maya. As she stood there frozen, Maya closed her eyes. Fearing that her life was going to be cut short, she said a silent prayer and waited for the thing to gnaw off her head, but nothing happened.

Opening one eye slowly, Maya saw that the demon was busy with something else. Peeking a little around the huge beast, she caught a glimpse of what looked like a man, standing about a foot away. The ugly demon was about to attack when Maya saw the strange man behead the demon with a strange glowing green whip thing. Watching for a minute more, she closed her eyes shut again as the blood and slime of the demon went all over her.

Screaming, she opened her eyes in panic. ‘Oh God! Get it off me!’ she yelled as she tried to rub the gunk off her skin.

‘Eww, and it stinks. I just took a shower before coming here and now I’m covered in icky stuff. Gross, it’s even in my hair!’ she ranted.

The man, who had turned out to be Sesshomaru himself, watched as Maya ran her hands through her hair, trying to get the demons blood and slime out of it. ‘There is a steam nearby, if you wish to wash yourself.’ he said as he watched her.

(A/N: He’s being nice? And to a human? Hey, don’t flame me cause I’m making him do this.

(Sesshomaru frantically starts to dig a large hole in the yard where he’s tied up)

Me: ‘Stop that digging or I’ll neuter you!’

Sess: ‘Yipe!’

Me: ‘Good boy...*turning to the readers* On with the story.’)

Maya stopped and looked up. From her view point, she could make out a man in all white. He had long white hair and wore a fuzzy thing over his shoulder. ‘Is he...Sesshomaru?’ she wondered. Blinking a few times, she stared at him. ‘Are you Sesshomaru?’ she asked.

Sesshomaru stood frozen as the girl bore a hole through him. He couldn’t move and was getting upset by the moment. But then, she asked him a question. Nodding, he turned to walk away.

‘Aha! I found you! This is great, now that idiot brother of yours is gonna feel even more like an idiot when I tell him that I saw you! He said I shouldn’t waist my time, but I wanted to see and meet you for myself.’ Maya said as she stood up. This caused Sesshomaru to stop and turn to face her.

‘You wanted to see and meet me?’ he asked. ‘Great, now I’m the one being stalked.’ he thought.

‘Well yeah, Inuyasha said you looked like a girl and I wanted to see for myself. Funny, you don’t look like a girl. And Kagome was right, you are cute.’ Maya smiled.

‘My brother said I looked like a girl? Then I’ll have to kill him for that remark. And this girl Kagome said I was cute? Remind me to disembowel her for that statement. Now girl, who exactly are you and what do you want of me?’ Sesshomaru asked, a little annoyed at his brothers remarks.

‘I’m Maya, Kagome’s cousin. I’m visiting her for the summer from my home in America. And as for what I want of you, nothing really. I just wanted to meet you, see what you looked like, and maybe ask you a few things. Oh and don‘t you dare touch my cousin. She was only giving you a compliment, pretty boy.’ she said as she held out a hand.

Sesshomaru looked at the hand and back at Maya. ‘She doesn’t want me to actually touch her, does she?’ he thought. ‘Put your hand down girl. I do not participate in greeting rituals such as that. And never call me Pretty boy again.’ he said calmly. Maya sighed and did as she was told.

‘Oh well I guess that makes sense, since I’m still covered in slime. Hey, could you point me toward that stream you mentioned earlier? And sure, I won‘t call you pretty boy again.’ Maya smiled.

Sesshomaru didn’t budge but simply pointed the way. This action caused Maya to get upset. ‘Hey! Can’t you at least walk there with me? I’m still lost and I don’t how far away this stream is!’ she said angrily.

Sesshomaru looked at her. The strange girl was getting loud with him and acted as though she didn’t care if he got mad or not. ‘Hey, I’m asking you a question. Hello, anyone home?’ Maya asked as she walked up to him.

‘Come any closer girl and I will not hesitate to kill you on this spot. If you wish for me to accompany you to the stream, follow me. But be quick about it or else you’ll have to find your own way.’ he said simply before heading in the direction of the stream. Maya followed quickly behind, making sure she didn’t lose sight of him.

At that moment...

‘Where is Sesshomaru? He should have returned by now. Jaken, do you know where Sesshoumaru has gone? I can’t find him anywhere.’ Rin said as she pouted.

‘No you insolent brat. Stop pestering me about Lord Sesshomaru’s whereabouts. Where he goes is his business, not yours.’

‘Fine...but he’s late with bringing breakfast. I hope he didn’t get lost.’

‘Lord Sesshomaru knows these woods like the back of his hand. Now keep quiet before I give you something to really pout about.’

And back to where we last left Kagome and Inuyasha....

‘Inuyasha, will you stop walking so fast? My feet hurt and I’m tired.’ Kagome huffed. They had been looking none stop for Maya all day, even meeting up with Miroku, Sango and Shippo after a bit to ask if they seen her.

‘No Kagome...we’re sorry. We have not seen any trace of your cousin.’ Sango had informed. That was when Inuyasha insisted they continued the search.

‘I have a bad feeling about this. Maya might have gotten herself in more trouble than just meeting up with Sesshomaru. I don’t think Kagome would ever forgive me if we found a demon picking its teeth with one of her bones. Man, I hope she’s alright. Maya is actually really cool once you get to know her, and that’s only when she isn’t making jokes. Man, why am I thinking all this right now? I really need to get a hobby. Hmm, I wonder if anyone needs any help in the village?’ Inuyasha thought. Of course, this hobby thought was put out of his head as he and Kagome continued their search.

And now onto Shippo...

‘Man, I really hope we find her soon. These woods are scary , even in the daytime. Why did I have to listen to Inuyasha and go by myself? I would have been happy to stay with him and Kagome, or even keep Sango or Miroku company. But no, he had to insist we all break up. Man what a loser. If I get killed out here I am so going to haunt him for the rest of his life.’

And now as for Sango and Miroku...

‘Sango, have you seen anything yet?’ Miroku asked as he walked up to the exterminator.

Sango shook her head and sighed. ‘No, not yet. What about you? Have you seen anything?’ she asked.

‘No, but I am sure if we keep walking we will meet up with Lady Kagome’s cousin.’

‘Yeah, I suppose you’re right. By the way Miroku.’

‘Yes Sango?’

‘If you come near me or even attempt to fondle me, I’ll hurt you.’

‘Understood...’ Miroku said as he sighed to himself.

(A/N: Boy everyone does a lot in this story huh? Sigh I mean...)

‘Well, there goes my chances. Sango, I always wonder why I stick with you. Be it lust or love, I’m not sure. My god, where did that come from?!’ he thought.

And now, back to Sess and Maya...

Since she had remembered to bring her things, Maya went to work picking out clothes to wear and which hairstyle she would do. Standing in front of Sesshomaru, she did her hair different ways, asking which he liked the best. Of course, he didn’t say anything, just looked at her funny. Finally it was decided she would do her hair in a bun. Happy with the decision, she laid her clothes on a rock and proceeded in undressing. That’s when she noticed Sesshomaru was still watching her.

‘You know, you don’t have to stand there and watch me. I am capable of stripping my own self, unless you want to hold my hand. But I seriously doubt that. Now be a good dog and turn your head. I’ll tell you when it’s safe to turn around.’ she smiled.

Sesshomaru growled low at her joke and turned around. ‘Pathetic human, this Sesshomaru does not hold hands with weaklings such as you. Now hurry and get in that water before I throw you in.’

‘What the? Are you threatening me?’

‘What if I am.’

‘Oh you are so going down.’

‘You are weak. What chances do you have against this Sesshomaru?’

‘Just one...’ Maya looked at Sesshomaru angrily and walked up to him.

Before he knew what hit him, she kicked him hard between his legs. The look on the demon Lords face was, how one would describe, shock. Then it changed to pure anger. Picking the angered girl up, he threw her into the stream. Maya screamed at him, but Sesshomaru just turned and walked away.

‘You pansy ass mother fucker! Get back here you stupid jerk! I’m not done with you yet!’ Maya screamed. Sesshomaru just kept walking, the anger boiling inside him like a festering disease.

Sesshoumaru thinking....

‘Perhaps I should leave her to fend for herself. I offered help, and this is how she repays me? By kicking me? I should have let that demon devour her. Or better yet, I should have killed her the first chance I got.” Sesshomaru thought angrily. It was one thing to get loud with him, but kicking was certainly punishable by death. “Oh yes girl, mark my words. One more stunt such as the one you pulled and you’ll be begging me to spare you life. That is, if I hadn’t already ended it.’

End of him thinking....

Maya thinking....

‘Man what a jerk. I hope I never see him again. Inuyasha was right after all. He is a big jerk.’ Maya thought as she sunk low in the water.

End of her thinking....

Then as loud as she could, she yelled out to Sesshomaru. ‘You hear that you flea bitten mongrel! You’re nothing but a big jerk! I hope you get hit by a car you stupid ass mother fucker! God, I hate you!! Mr. High and Mighty! Yeah whatever you big wimp! Walking away without even finishing what was started! You’re such a pussy!’

Sesshomaru stopped for a moment and turned back toward Maya. Growling low, he shook his head.

‘I will walk away if I feel like it. Don’t push your luck girl. You should be thankful I haven’t ripped your arms and legs off for such remarks as those.’ he said angrily. Then he continued walking away.

‘What the hell is a car?’ he thought.

And back to Kagome and Inuyasha...

‘Inuyasha, did you hear that?’ Kagome asked as she turned her head toward the direction of the nearby stream. ‘I think I just heard Maya. And from the way she sounds, I would have to say she’s really upset about something.’

‘How do you figure that one Kagome?’ Inuyasha asked.

‘Simple, she cusses up a storm when she’s upset or angry. That’s what I meant by the attitude. Maya has an extremely short fuse and can be sweet and innocent one moment. And then be angry or upset the next. It’s something we call being Bi Polar. Meaning she can turn from nice to a complete and out of control bitch without a second thought. Oops, sorry about that. I really didn’t mean to call her that. It just slipped.’ Kagome laughed.

‘Yeah right...well, I guess we should go and see if she’s there. Let’s go.’ Inuyasha said as he lead Kagome through the trees toward the stream.

They found Maya, dressed and looking utterly annoyed. She shot them both a cold glare before stomping over to the rock that held her previous clothes. ‘Can we get out of here before I have a nervous breakdown?’ she asked angrily.

Kagome watched her for a minute before asking what happened. But as always, Inuyasha was the first to ask personal questions.

‘Yeah, we heard you about a mile away. What happened?’ Inuyasha asked.

Maya stared at him and huffed. Scowling, she sat down. ‘Well I met your brother. And believe me, I wish I could have just stayed home in my own time! He was rude! Obnoxious! Full of himself! God, if I never see him again, I’ll be the most happiest woman on the planet!’ she fumed. Kagome smiled at Inuyasha.

‘What?’ the hanyou asked.

‘I think she likes him...’ Kagome smiled even wider.

‘Sounds to me like she hates him. I wouldn’t blame her though. I hate him too.’ Inuyasha said as looked at Maya. True, she acted as though she did hate him, but Inuyasha could swear he saw a hint of a smile on her lips as she talked about him.

‘Hey Maya, everyone is waiting to meet you. I suggest we get to Keade’s village as soon as possible.’ Kagome said as she and Inuyasha started to walk away.

Maya nodded and started to follow the pair. ‘Sure. I was really waiting to go on to the village cause I’m really tired and hungry.’ she admitted. Then to herself she added, ‘Don’t worry Sesshomaru. I won’t let you get away that easily.’

~~~~~

(A/N: All they do is talk on the way back to the village, so I won’t bother with it. They talk about Maya’s encounter with Sessie.)

At the Village...

Kagome walked into the village with Maya and Inuyasha following behind. Because of the way she was dressed, people all came out to stare at her.

‘Kagome...why are they staring at me?’ she asked, a little scared.

‘It’s alright Maya. Their just not used to seeing you that’s all. I wouldn’t worry about it anyways.’ the other girl answered.

Inuyasha continued to follow, getting dirty looks every so often from the villagers. ‘Just keep your head low and pretend you don’t see them.’ he thought.

Maya noticed how uncomfortable he was and slowed her pace to walk beside him. ‘Hey Inuyasha, are you alright?’ she asked. All she got was nod as Inuyasha hurried to catch up with Kagome. Maya stopped and watched him go. Then she looked at the villagers. ‘They must really hate him.’ she thought.

Outside Keade’s Hut...

‘Lady Keade, we’re back.’ Kagome said as she walked into the small shack. Miroku, Sango and Shippo all sat on mats on the floor, busily eating some stew that the old woman had prepared for them. They had longed given up on their search, knowing that Inuyasha and Kagome would find the missing girl.

‘Welcome back Lady Kagome...Inuyasha.’ Keade said, giving a nod of greeting to Inuyasha. Then she saw Maya. Nodding to her also, Keade smiled. ‘So Lady Kagome. Tell me of your visitor.’ she asked.

(A/N: By the way, Keade is going to talk normal in my story. No Ye this and Ye that.)

‘Well, this is my cousin Maya. She lives in a country called America. It’s a really big country. I’ve never been before, but I’d like too.’ Kagome began.

‘How old is your cousin?’ It was now Miroku’s turn to ask a question.

‘How old are you Miroku?’ Kagome asked. She knew where this was headed.

‘I’ll be 22 this summer. Why do you ask Lady Kagome?’

‘Cause Maya is 25. She’s too old for you Miroku. Sorry.’

Miroku slouched a little and sighed. ‘She’s not that old.’ he thought bitterly.

‘Umm Kagome...how does your cousin treat animals?’ Shippo asked. ‘I really hope she doesn’t hate them.’ he thought.

‘I love animals.’ Maya answered.

This answer got a smile out of Shippo. ‘Really, what’s your favorite?’ he asked happily.

‘Oh I love all sorts of animals. But I guess my most favorite would have to be foxes. I love their tails and their soft red fur. I had a pet fox one time. Her name was Chloe. I think she was about 3 weeks when I found her. Her mom I guess either got killed or just abandoned her. Anyways, I bottle fed her until she was old enough to fend for herself.’ Maya explained.

Shippo was happier then he had ever been in his life. Finally someone cared for foxes. ‘What happened to her after that?’ he asked his curiousness getting the better of him.

‘Well, when she was about a year old, I heard about this Red Fox Breeding Facility. I decided she would be happier with her own kind, so I took her there. She was placed with a male and the last thing I heard, she gave birth to three small cubs. This was about a month ago, so I haven't heard anything since then.’ Maya said with a smile.

Shippo nodded and smiled big. ‘Wow Kagome’s cousin. I like you already. Can I sleep with you tonight?’ he asked.

Maya looked at Shippo, then at Kagome. ‘What?’ she asked.

‘I think you just became Shippo’s angel in disguise.’ Kagome giggled. It was strange seeing the little fox warm up to someone he just met, but Kagome was happy for it.

‘What do you mean? I just told him about Chloe.’ Maya said confused.

‘That’s the point. You see, Shippo is also a demon. A young one at that. And what kind of demon do you think he is? Well, the kind that little Chloe is.’ Kagome smiled.

‘Chloe wasn’t a demon, she was a fox...wait are you saying that this little guy here is a fox demon?’ Maya asked as she looked at Shippo.

‘Exactly. After you told him about Chloe, he just warmed up to you. Now I’m not sure if he’ll ever leave your side. Looks like you just got yourself a new family member.’ Kagome giggled.

Maya looked at Shippo who had just climbed in her lap. Giving her his most cutest smile,

(A/N: Say it with me...AWWW!!)

He curled up and fell asleep.

Kagome smiled and breathed a sigh of relief. ‘Well at least maybe now I can spend some time with Inuyasha without him pestering me.’

Much Much Later...Wow, time sure does fly in this story Huh? Oh and it’s around Midnight. They did nothing but talk all day...(BTW: Inu and Kagome found Maya in the mid afternoon...just thought I should clear that up)

Maya sat outside Keade’s hut, speaking to some villagers. She told them about herself and her connection to “Lady Kagome“. She told them of how she met Inuyasha, and of her mission. Of course, she didn’t tell them that secretly, deep down inside, she wanted to see Sesshomaru again. She would make sure not to mention that one while around Inuyasha and Kagome. As she talked, Miroku came out to join her.

‘Lady Maya...’ he began.

‘Oh great, it’s the perverted monk. Kagome warned me about him. He better not try to fondle me unless he wants my shoe up his...’ Maya thought for a moment. Then putting on a fake smile, she greeted Miroku like he was just another friend. ‘Hello Miroku. What can I do for you?’ she asked, dreading the answer.

Taking this moment to heart, Miroku sat down next to the older girl. Smiling, he looked at her.

‘What’s he smiling at?’ Maya thought.

‘Lady Maya, I am sure Kagome has told you about our mission to destroy Naraku?’ Miroku asked, getting closer.

‘Umm, yeah...what about it?’ asked Maya, scooting away from him.

‘Well, unless Naraku is destroyed...I will not live much longer. My family was cursed by the evil Naraku and I am in search of a woman to be the barer of my heir, in case I do not survive.’ Miroku said.

‘And what does that have to do with me?’ asked Maya.

‘Lady Maya, will you please bare my child?’

Maya looked at Miroku. Giving him a weird look, (you know, the kind that says ’Are you crazy?’) she stood up.

‘Umm...no thank you. I’m not ready for that kind of commitment.’ she said as she went back inside Keade’s hut. ‘What a weirdo. Man I better remember to keep my distance from that one.’ she thought as leaned on the door.

Miroku thought for a moment, and nodded. ‘Perhaps another plan is in order.’

Inside the hut...

‘Maya, did Miroku just ask you what I think he just asked you?’ Sango asked.

‘What? To bare his child? Yeah he did.’

‘And what did you say to him?’ Kagome asked.

‘I told him I wasn’t ready for that kind of commitment. What does he take me for? A dime store hooker who will just bend over for him or anyone else horny enough to come my way?’ Maya said.

Sango looked at Maya, then at Kagome. ‘Kagome, what’s a hooker?’ she asked.

Getting closer to Sango, Kagome whispered in her ear. ‘A woman who has sex for money. They don’t care who they get with, as long as they can supply both the sex and money.’ she said.

Sango’s eyes widened. ‘That’s disgusting! Woman actually do that in your time?’ she asked in disbelief.

Kagome and Maya nodded.

‘But Sango...don’t some of the women in this time do that as well?’ Kagome asked.

‘Yes...But still, I think we should make sure Miroku doesn’t find out.’ Sango said disgusted.

Just then, who should pop their head through the door but the lecherous monk himself. Smiling, he walks pass the three girls and sits on the far side, watching them.

‘Let’s keep an eye on him while Maya is here. I know he’s planning something.’ Kagome said as she looked at him. Sango nodded her head and turned toward him.

And so, they stayed that way all night.

~~~

The very next morning...

Maya, Sango and Kagome all awoke to the morning sun, beaming through the door of the hut, which was open. Stretching, the three girls walked outside. Inuyasha was busy helping Keade with some weeding, while Shippo played happily with Kirara. Miroku stood by the door of the hut, waiting for the three to walk by. When Sango went by, his hand went straight to her rear, earning him a slap across the face. Grinning innocently, he shrugged.

‘Well, it could have gone worse. She could have hit me with her boomerang bone.’ he thought. He didn’t bother fondling Kagome, cause he knew Inuyasha would kill him. But when Maya came out last, his hand went straight out and did it to her as well. That was when all hell broke loose.

‘What the hell do you think you’re doing?’ Maya asked.

Miroku put on his innocent face and smiled. ‘I am doing nothing Lady Maya. I just saw a spot on your garment and decided to help you by removing it.’ he lie.

Maya frowned as she looked at him. ‘Do you mind removing your hand from my ass?’ she asked.

‘Of course not Lady Maya.’ Miroku said as he removed the offending appendage. ‘That went well.’ he thought. ‘On to plan B.’

Grabbing his stomach in pain, Miroku went down on his knees. Moaning loudly, he put on his ‘I’m in agony’ face. Since she was the only one nearby, Maya dropped down to see what was wrong with him.

‘Miroku...are you okay? What’s wrong?’ Maya asked in a panic.

‘I-I’m dieing. I don’t know how much longer I can hold on.’ he lied.

(A/N: Yeah yeah, he’s supposed to die by getting suck into the void on his hand. Don’t nobody go and get homicidal on me for making him do this.)

‘Is there anything I can do?’ Maya asked as she looked him over.

‘Just one thing...’ Miroku said as he reached up behind her.

Placing his hand on her rear again, (gee I wonder when he was going to do that again) Miroku smiled. ‘Lady Maya, please say you’ll bare my child...lest I die here.’ he said.

Maya looked at him in shock.

(A/N: You know, the same shocked look that all Sango and Kagome give him when he feels them up.)

‘I knew you was faking.’ she said as she punched him.

Miroku stopped what he was doing and looked up at a very angry Maya. Taking that as his cue to leave, he quickly got up and ran away. Maya frowned and chased after him. Grabbing his staff, which had dropped in his hurry, she chased him around the village. Screaming things such as, “Do that again and I’ll kill you myself!” and “Next stunt like that you pervert and I’ll rip off your family jewels and shove them down your throat!” Everyone watched them and Sango just sighed.

‘When will he ever learn?’ she thought.

Kagome just shook her head, knowing that if someone didn’t stop Maya, she would mutilate or even worse, kill Miroku. So with a sigh, she stepped in front of Maya.

‘Maya, calm down. I don’t think Miroku wants to die just yet.’ she said as she led the older girl back to the hut.

Noticing she wasn’t chasing him anymore, Miroku picked up his staff, which Maya had thrown on the ground, and went about like nothing happened. But deep down inside, he was truly terrified for his life. ‘Perhaps, I should leave her alone. I always have Sango around.’ he thought.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

end of Chapter 2. Hope everyone likes it so far. Don’t forget to R+R!