InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Maya and Sesshomaru: A Fuedal Love Tail ❯ The Dog Prince and the Lovely Princess ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
*Disclaimer: All right? Which one stole my Sessie’s chew toy? I know it was one of you. Hand over the plastic bone and no one will get hurt. Oh and I still don’t own Inuyasha, well except Sesshoumaru of course. *

Sess: ‘If anyone can hear me...Please for the love of all that is good and just in the world...Help Me!’

Me: *Gives the leash holding Sesshomaru a hard yank* ‘I thought I told you to be quiet. Now I have to break out the shock collar.’

Sess: *Whimpering* ‘Help me...please...’

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3: The Dog Prince and the Lovely Princess

(A/N: Yes, I know the titles suck. So sue me. Anyways, on with chapter 3.)

For the rest of the day, Maya tried to stayed as far away from Miroku as she possibly could. Kagome had told her that Miroku wasn’t ready to die yet and she didn’t want Maya hurting any of her friends. So instead, Maya helped Sango with her training. It wasn’t hard mind you...she just had to watch out for low flying boomerangs. Not to mention low flying demon cats. The rest of the day went pretty smoothly. Kagome and Shippo stopped and watched the training. Inuyasha sat up in a nearby tree and watched. Miroku stood at least 20 feet from Maya and watched also. Every time she moved closer to him, he’d run a short ways and then turn around. Inuyasha noticed this and jumped down from his perch.

‘Hey monk. What’s wrong with you all of a sudden? You act as though you’ve been castrated.’ Inuyasha asked. (If he had only heard the threats Maya said to Miroku.)

‘I’m fine Inuyasha. Is Maya anywhere near?’

‘She’s still training with Sango. Why? Did she say something to you?’

Miroku nodded and let a sigh of relief. Then he told Inuyasha what had happened a few hours ago. When he was finished, Inuyasha stared wide eyed at him. Then he began to laugh.

‘It’s not funny.’ Miroku pouted.

‘Yes it is. Would have ever thought that the only way a woman could get you to leave her alone was to threaten to remove your anatomy? It’s just so funny!’ Inuyasha laughed harder, falling to the ground.

Miroku’s face went 50 shades of red (if that’s even possible). He frowned at Inuyasha and quickly walked off, leaving the hanyou rolling in the dirt.

‘Hey Miroku...where do you think you’re going?’

Miroku stopped in his tracks when he heard the voice. It was the voice that he feared. Slowly, he turned around. Maya stood behind him with a huge smile plastered to her face. Okay, so maybe she did go near him. Kagome wouldn’t care. As long as she didn’t threaten certain body parts. Coming closer, she grin wickedly.

‘Boo!’

If he had never ran faster in his life, today was the day. Miroku took out of there like a bat out of hell. The whole time praying that Maya wouldn’t chase him.

(A/N: I love torturing Miroku. It’s so much fun)

Maya stood where she was, watching the frightened monk run for his life. Sango and Kagome only shook their heads in pity while Inuyasha remained on the ground, laughing till his face turned blue. The only one who didn’t get it was Shippo, who looked at them with curiosity.

‘Believe us Shippo. It’s best you didn’t know.’ Kagome giggled.

‘Well since the monk is running scared, I think I’ll take a walk. I‘ll be back later. ‘Maya said as she left.

~~~

Meanwhile...in a deep deep forest, in a dark dark cave...

Sesshomaru had insisted that his little group stayed in a cave for the time being. Jaken was not amused but Rin loved it. She would skip along merrily and pick up different colored rocks and put them in the pockets of her kimono. Then she would lay them out in front of Sesshomaru and smile pretty for him. She would then ask which was his favorite and wouldn’t leave him alone until he answered. When he did, Rin’s smile would get wider and she put the colored rock in his hand.

‘This is for you Sesshomaru. It shows how much Rin loves her favorite demon in the whole wide world.’ the little girl would giggle.

Sesshomaru would only stare at her. He would put on his ‘Like I really care Rin’ face, but put the rocks in his own pocket (Yes he has pockets).

Jaken, who watched how closely Rin would get to his beloved master would only frown and mutter angrily to himself. He had learned some time ago not to question Sesshomaru or do anything to Rin. He still beat her over the head once in a while with his staff, but had to refrain from it since Sesshomaru killed him. It was almost a day before the demon lord decided to bring back the ugly little toad. But it was only because Rin had asked him too. Now the little toad man never asked questions. He just sat and watched.

A few hours passed and even though it was almost noon, Rin grew tired. She yawned a little and laid her head on Sesshomaru’s lap. After a few minutes of snuggling, she promptly fell asleep. Jaken snorted in disgust while Sesshomaru only stared at god knows what. Finally, after an hour...the demon stood, bringing Rin with him.

‘My lord. What is wrong? Do you sense another demon? Would you like me to dispose of it? How can I be a service to my lord?’ Jaken started.

Sesshomaru turned toward the green man and frowned. ‘Jaken, if you wake Rin I will have to kill you again. Now be quiet and stay put. Keep an eye on Rin while I go see what it is. If I come back and see any marks on her, I won’t be as forgiving as last time. Do I make myself clear?’

‘Yes sir...’ Jaken said as he watched Sesshomaru put Rin down on his fluff. (He can remove it)

‘I will be back as quickly as I can.’ Sesshomaru said as he left quickly.

~~~

At that moment, Maya had found herself in a grassy area full of flowers. Sitting down, she plucked one and began the ancient chant of “he loves me, he loves me not”. She did this to every blossom around her, always ending up at the same thing.

‘He loves me not? Man, how man more of these am I going to go through before I get a he loves me? I should just stop and pray that he does love me...or at least have feelings for me.’ she sighed.

Sesshomaru, who had ventured out to try and find Maya, found her sitting alone in the flower field. Feeling a bit awkward, he started toward her...but then stopped. What if she was not ready to see him again? What if she was still angry at him because of what happened at the stream? Sesshomaru watched and waited as Maya picked up another flower.

‘He loves me...he loves me not. He loves me...he loves me not. He loves me...he loves me not. He loves me...he loves...me not? Damn it! Not again! This makes the tenth flower already. The fates are laughing at me...I just know it.’ Sighing in defeat, Maya threw the mangled flower into the grass.

‘I know I’m making a big mistake. But I can’t help it. I actually like Sesshomaru. But, according to those damn flowers, he doesn’t give a shit about me. Maybe I’ll just come out and tell him. Yeah...but what if he laughs? Or worse, kills me? Killing me won’t seem so bad. At least I won’t ever have to live with the guilt of being shunned.’ Maya said quietly.

Suddenly, Maya felt the grass beneath her shift. Looking to her side, she was shocked to see Sesshomaru himself standing before her. Maya felt her face go red and prayed silently that he had not heard her confession.

‘Good afternoon Sesshomaru. What brings you here?’ the red head asked.

‘Good afternoon to you as well...’

‘Maya. I’m sorry for my outburst the other day. I guess I was just angry. I thought you would be nice enough to at least help me. I didn’t mean to get you upset.’ Maya said as she looked down.

Feeling the grass shift some more, she looked over. Surprising enough, the Great Demon Lord had sat down beside her. Both looked straight on, as Sesshomaru spoke.

‘You are forgiven Maya. But next time, this Sesshomaru will not hesitate to kill you.’

‘Understood.’ Maya sighed.

For some time the two sat, not talking. Once in a while Maya would look over at the demon lord and smile. But once he caught her looking, she would turn away. It was same for Sesshomaru. He couldn’t help to notice how beautiful she looked. Her fiery red hair, which blew in the wind, was long and silky. Her clothing was strange...but he found that enchanting as well.

‘Get a grip Sesshomaru. This is a human you’re looking at. Have some decency!’ he quietly scolded himself.

‘Don’t lose control girl. True, he is great looking...but do you really want the rejection? Just keep quiet and look ahead.’ Maya thought to herself.

( Author’s Note: *ANNOUNCER GUY* ‘WE INTERRUPT THIS STORY TO BRING YOU UP TO DATE ON WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE...TIMON, PUMBAA, TAKE IT AWAY BOYS...’

*Somewhere, the intro to The Lion King’s “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” starts*

Timon and Pumbaa enter. Timon looks at the two with those large eyes. Then he starts to sing...

Timon: ‘I can see what‘s happening’

Pumbaa: ‘What?’

Timon: ‘And they don‘t have a clue’

Pumbaa: ‘Who?’

Timon: ‘They‘ll fall in love and here‘s the bottom line. Our trio‘s down to...’

*music stops*

Me: ‘Uhh guys...this isn’t The Lion King. Sorry to burst your bubbles, but this a Inu-Yasha story. Actually a Sesshomaru and Maya story.’

Pumbaa: ‘I told you this wasn‘t the same place where Simba and Nala went. It don‘t even look like our jungle Timon.’

Timon: ‘Well what kind of mook would actually fall in love in a field full of flowers? These daffodils are doing crazy things to my hay-fever.’

Sess: ‘It would be best if you and your chunky hog friend left this story and never return. This Sesshomaru will not take delight in your interruptions.’

Timon: (upon seeing Sessie’s fluffy shoulder guard) ‘Yeah yeah. And what are ya going to do...Oh Great Lord of the fuzzy rug? You can‘t do anything. My buddy Simba will tear ya apart.’

Sess: ‘Oh really? Then let him try.’

Simba comes leaping in...but stops short when he sees Sesshomaru.

Timon: ‘Come on Simba. You can take him. Show him what being a King is all about!’

Simba: ‘I‘ll pass. This is one guy I don‘t want to mess with.’

Timon: ‘You‘re scared? Of him? *busts out laughing* Who would be scared of some...one..*sees Sesshomaru smile evilly while showing fangs* Hey you guys! Wait! Don‘t leave ME!!!’

*Timon’s screams die away as everyone looks on*

Finally, Pumbaa and Simba both run with their tails between their legs. Sesshomaru just stands there, a triumphant smile plastered to his face.

Me: ‘What did you do?’

Sess: ‘Simple...the lion king, as he calls himself, is a cat. And you know how cats are afraid of us dogs. Next, when I, Lord Sesshomaru gets hungry, I make it known. The warthog nearly keeled over in fright when this Sesshoumaru gazed upon him. Oh dear, and here I thought we were having pork for dinner.’

Me: ‘What about Timon?’

Sess: *spits out a small bone, then some fur* ‘Let‘s just say he won‘t be coming up with anymore annoying songs. But now, this Sesshomaru is satisfied.’

Me: *Sweatdrop*

END OF INTERRUPTION...now back to the story at hand.)

After some time, Sesshomaru stood. The sun had already dropped behind the horizon, casting a orange glow on the land. Standing there, he extended his hand toward Maya.

‘I will accompany you home. Although the last demon was not a burden, even I myself will not be able to protect you from those who are stronger and lurk in the shadows of these woods.’ he said. (No, he’s not a wimp so hush)

Maya smiled at Sesshomaru and took his hand.

‘Thank you. I am a bit scared being out here at night. But with you around, I don’t feel scared anymore.’ she said.

‘Perhaps we will meet again. If not, then know this. If you are ever alone...or wish to talk, you may come find me. I am always close by and my travels always leads me near this very forest. Just call my name and I‘ll be there.’ Sesshomaru said as he lifted Maya from the ground. Now that he was holding her, he didn’t feel at all awkward.

‘Sess...thank you.’ Maya said as she felt him leave the ground.

‘You’re welcome...Maya.’

~~~

Meanwhile....

‘Perhaps he is sick. Yes that must be it. Lord Sesshomaru is not feeling his self because he has come in contact with a human disease. I knew it was a bad idea in letting the child follow us. Whenever she gets a cold, it is always him who cares for her. Perhaps the cold has finally rubbed off on him. If so, I will ask him to get rid of her...that way, he will be well and we won’t have to worry about it anymore.’ Jaken thought to himself.

‘He’s not sick Jaken. He’s just lonely.’ Rin said as she sat up after her nap.

‘I thought you were asleep. And what do you mean he’s lonely? He has me.’ Jaken said angrily.

‘Are you a woman?’ Rin asked.

‘Why of all the stupid things...Of course I’m no woman! Why would Lord Sesshomaru want a woman?’

‘Cause he’s lonely. And just between us...if you were a woman, I’d kill myself. I’d do it cause you would make a very ugly woman and I wouldn’t want to live with the fact that I’m going to be one myself someday.’

‘You’re never going to be a woman. You’re too ugly.’

‘So are you frog face.’

‘Why you insolent little brat! If I had half a mind I’d make you eat the floor you little pest!’

‘Yeah...If you had a brain that is.’

‘Rin...Jaken! Stop your arguing. Rin, I thought you were asleep. And Jaken...If you harm her, I’ll kill you. Do I make myself clear?’ Sesshomaru said as he entered the cave.

‘Where did you go Sesshomaru? Rin missed you.’

‘He goes where he pleases girl. Stop asking stupid questions.‘ Jaken said.

‘I went to see someone. And Jaken...be kind to Rin. She is still a child. Or do you need another day in the afterlife to remember that?’ Sesshomaru said while looking at the toad man.

‘No my lord. I am sorry if I upset you.’ Jaken bowed then retreated to another side of the cave.

‘Where did Lord Sesshomaru go? Rin woke up and he was not here.‘ Rin asked.

‘I found myself in the company of someone else Rin. I was having a conversation with this person.’

‘Was it another Inu Youkai? Can I meet him or her? How come you didn’t wake Rin? Rin would have liked to meet this secret person.’ Rin asked.

‘It was not another Inu Youkai Rin. It was...never mind. As for why this Sesshomaru did not wake you, you seemed too tired. So I left you.’ Sesshomaru explained as Rin sat on his lap.

Bringing his arm around her, the demon lord thought about Maya. Should he tell Rin? Would the little girl understand? Hell, he didn’t even understand himself. ‘Should this Sesshomaru feel this way?’ he thought.

‘Rin...you are my human. Am I not right?’ he said after a few moments of silence.

‘Right. I’m your human. And you’re my Sesshomaru.’

‘Give me a break.’ Jaken said as he hurried out of the cave.

‘But what if I was tell you that I have become attracted to another human? One who is older than you. One who could teach you how to be a lady and learn all that is needed for when you come of age? What would you say then?’ Sesshomaru asked.

‘When is the wedding?’ Rin smiled.

At this, Jaken who overheard their conversation from outside, fainted.

~~~

‘So Maya, did you do anything time consuming while you were out and about?’ Inuyasha asked as Maya came upon her friends, relaxing near Keade‘s hut.

It had been hours after she left, and night had fallen. Everyone...apart from Miroku...worried for her.

‘I had a nice time in a field of wild flowers. Oh and I also talked to your brother again. It was funny. He was being nice to me.’ Maya smiled.

‘He was being nice? Sesshomaru? No...it couldn’t be the same guy...could it?’ Kagome asked.

‘It was. We talked for some time, then he brought me home. Funny thing Inuyasha, you never mentioned that he could fly as well.’

‘Must have slipped my mind. Anyways, I think we should all get some sleep now. Well, you humans at least. Oh and Maya, watch out for my brother. I know you’re a nice girl and I don’t want to see you hurt. So just be careful...okay?’ Inuyasha said as he hopped up into his favorite tree....well not really, for it was the one that Kikyo had bound him too...but who cares? It’s his favorite in this story.

‘I’ll remember that. Thanks for the concern Inuyasha. Goodnight.’ Maya said as she made her way into the hut.

After some good nights, everyone was still as sleep overcame them.

(A/N: They go to bed early. It’s about 10:00 pm when they hit the beds...Umm, I mean mats)

Maya tossed and turned all night. She hadn’t slept much and was getting crankier by the minute. Was it because Kagome’s little fox friend was beside her? No, Shippo was curled in a tight ball with his tail near his face. The way he looked made Maya start to pet him as if he was a house cat. After a few minutes of that, she stopped and turned over. But unfortunately for her, she still couldn’t sleep. Slowly, she eased herself up and looked at Shippo. He didn’t even move. Then she stood. Walking to the door, she opened it.

‘Going for a bathroom break?’ Inuyasha called down from the branch he was sitting on.

‘Great...I’ve been spotted.’ Maya thought. ‘No, I just couldn’t sleep.’ she said as she looked up. ‘That must be torture on your lower back Inuyasha. How can you sit a tree or even attempt to sleep in one?’

‘I’ve done this ever since I was a small pup. Of course, I fell out of a few. But don’t tell Kagome alright? Anyways, is the fuzz ball keeping you up?’ Inuyasha asked he jumped down.

‘No...Shippo isn’t bothering me. In fact, I think it’s cute how he curls up next to me. It’s just that...well, I’m bored I guess. I want to talk to someone. But nobody is awake...well except you. But I’m sure you don’t want to talk.’

‘It’s about my brother isn’t it?’

‘Yes...Uhh, I mean No! It’s not about him. It’s about ummm...Oh who am I kidding? Yes It’s about your brother. I want to see him again. In fact, I want to spend more time with him. But, he don’t like me very much.’ Maya said as she sat down.

Inuyasha sat down beside her and looked at Maya. It was funny, speaking of Sesshomaru in such a way. But, he had to make her feel better.

‘Maya, it may surprise you to know this, but, if Sesshomaru hasn’t killed you yet...then I think he really does like you. I mean not in the way I like Kagome of course...but he does put up with you. That’s saying a lot since he kills humans at first sight. I think you done something to him. Maybe you taught an old dog some new tricks.’ the hanyou said.

‘Yeah...but does he really like me? I can’t stand getting to know someone and then after a while telling them how I feel, only to have it backfired.’

‘Only time will tell. Perhaps, Sesshomaru will stop hunting me and turn to more...pleasing attributes.’ Inuyasha laughed as he jumped back into the tree, leaving Maya to stare after him wide eyed.

~~~

The Next Morning...And yes Maya did go to sleep...

The sun was up and the birds were singing. Everywhere you turned, a happy face greeted the sunshine. It was heaven on Earth. Yeah right...actually it was raining like no tomorrow, there were huge mud puddles and everyone had a look of utter disgust planted on their faces. All but one. Maya had slept peacefully after her conversation with Inuyasha during the night. She smiled a bit and sat up. Stretching, she greeted Kagome and the others and patted Shippo on the head.

‘Rise and shine everyone. Today is a beautiful day. Let’s not waste it in here. Come on Kagome...Sango, time to get up. Miroku...the early bird always catches the worm. Shippo...wake up.’ Maya said as she stood up.

‘You’re awfully cheery this morning. Is there something we should know about? Any guests last night that we should know about?’ Kagome yawned.

‘No one was here but us. I just had a small chat with Inuyasha. But that doesn’t matter. Now get up all you lazy bums. Today’s a nice day. Stop moping and get up.’

‘Did someone hit her while we were asleep?’ Shippo asked.

‘Maybe a demon kidnapped her, took her form, and then killed the real Maya.’ Miroku spoke.

‘Maybe she’s in love.’ Offered Sango.

‘No, Maya couldn’t be in love. Anyways, who would she be in love with? Inuyasha is mine. She can’t stand being with Miroku...Maybe Shippo. Wait! What am I saying? Shippo is too young for that!’ Kagome offered as well.

‘Hey, I’m not that young. I’ll be almost fully grown in a few more years. Well, make that a few hundred years.’ Shippo pouted.

‘Stop it you guys. I’m just happy that’s all. No need for a wrestling match. Now, where did put my belongings?’ Maya smiled.

‘Same place as last time.’ Kagome answered her cousin.

After some searching, Maya found what she was looking for and quickly left the hut. After some time it had stopped raining and a few rays of sunlight were peeking through the clouds. Making her way to were she could bathe in peace, Maya thought about everything that had happened last night.

‘Is it my imagination...or was Inuyasha right? Maybe Sesshomaru does like me in a way. He didn’t seem very threatening after we talked. Maybe everyone misjudges him and would rather fight then get to know him. I think he’s a real sweet guy. Maybe he’s just scared. Well, that won’t do. Maya girl...we have a mission. Operation...Open The Demon’s Heart. I’ll get to know him more. There must be something I can do to get him to open up more to me. But, after a bath and then after I eat.’

~~~

At that moment...

‘Lord Sesshomaru? Are you feeling well? You seem to be in a daze of some sorts. Perhaps you are sick. I will fetch the doctor quickly.’ Jaken said as he raced to Sesshomaru’s side.

‘I’m not sick Jaken. Do I need to remind you that I do not get sick easily. In fact, the last time I could remember being ill was hundreds of years ago. Back when I was a pup. Now stop bothering me and check on Rin. Make sure she is awake and eating her breakfast.’

‘Yes master.’ Jaken bowed and retreated. ‘What does he take me for? I’m no fool. I can easily tell when someone is sick. Of course, my master must have a different sickness. He looked different and he didn’t kill me this time. Perhaps the sickness is something far worse. I will have to ask the old witch of the east what she thinks.’ he said to himself. ‘Get up you lazy brat. Lord Sesshomaru wants you to eat your breakfast.’ Jaken said as he kicked at Rin.

‘Good morning frog face.’ Rin smiled. ‘Have a bad morning? Or did Sesshomaru scold you again for being so nosy?’

‘Why You!’

‘Jaken...what have I told you? Harm her, and I will not be so quick as to revive you. And Rin, stop bothering him and eat.’ Sesshomaru said.

‘Yes master...’ came the reply.

After some time...

‘Lord Sesshomaru...something does seem to be bothering you. Are you sure you’re feeling well? I only ask out of concern for my Lord and Master.’ Jaken said.

‘He’s fine Jaken. Look at him. Nothing is wrong with him. Uh, at least I don’t think there is. Are you sure you’re okay master?’ Rin also questioned.

Sesshomaru sighed to himself and looked over at Rin and Jaken. The look on his face told them that enough was enough, and they quickly retreated. Rin went to a nearby stream to bathe, and Jaken sat upon a fallen log...well from his masters claws.

A few hours later (about 2 at the most)...Boy, when is someone going to do something? I mean, they all sit on their cans for the whole time...sheesh

‘Jaken...go fetch Rin. She has bathed long enough. Tell her I am planning on leaving before the next new moon...which is tonight. We will stay here a little longer, but after that, we must leave. I must have a word with my brother...Inuyasha.’ Sesshomaru suddenly spoke.

‘Yes my lord...but why before the new moon? And why do you wish to talk to that no good hanyou brother of yours? Are you after the tetsusaiga again...Master?’

‘Of course. I am always after father’s sword. But I can visit my own sibling every once in a while...just to check up on him. Tonight though is different. I feel something strange about him and will investigate. Now fetch Rin...we leave at dusk.’

‘Yes my lord.’

~~~

Hours upon hours later...(The time sure does fly when you’re having fun! Lol! Oh and guess what? Tonight is the new moon!!! Poor Inu!)

‘So Kagome. You can actually sense where a jewel shard is hidden?’ Maya asked as she sipped her tea.

It had been a few hours after she had returned. Kagome was explaining how she and Inuyasha and the others located Shikon Shards and how they went about, collecting them.

‘Yes...I am the reincarnation of a Miko. Uhh, that’s priestess in our time. All I do is search out where the shard is, and Inuyasha retrieves it.’ Kagome explained.

‘So basically...you’re training dog boy over here. You say Attack! And he’s all over the bad guy. You say Fetch! And he’s searching. Has he dug any holes yet?’ Maya joked.

‘It’s no laughing matter wench! And Kagome isn’t training me!’ Inuyasha said bitterly.

‘Did you just call me a wench?’ Maya asked.

‘What if I did? What are you going to do about it?’

‘You’re cruisin’ for a briusin’ mister. One more smart ass remark like that and I’ll tie you to that tree of yours!’

‘You can’t do anything to me! And if you come near me...I’ll kill you!’

Inuyasha got up and quickly left. His sudden change in attitude made Kagome and the others frown.

‘It’s starting huh?’ Sango asked.

‘Yeah...he’s like this until it’s complete. Hopefully Maya will stay away and leave him alone for the next few hours.’ Kagome answered.

‘Yes, hopefully she won’t do anything stupid.’ Sango said.

‘Uh, you two. I’m still here. And what is Inu’s problem? He acted as though someone just told him he lost the National Dog Championship. Is anyone going to fill me in on what is bothering Mr. High and Mighty?’ Maya asked.

‘Maya...remember when I told you Inuyasha was only half demon?’ Kagome began.

Maya thought for a moment and then nodded her head. She remembered that bit of info.

‘Yeah, I remember. What about it?’ she said.

‘Well didn’t I mention what other part he was?’

‘No...come to think of it, you didn’t. What else is he?’

‘He’s also half human...Wait, I thought I told you this already.’

‘You did. I just forgot. Sorry. So, he’s half human as well. But what does that have to do with the sudden attitude problem?’

‘He’s turning human...’

‘Oh...then no wonder he’s being so thick headed.’ Maya giggled.

Unknown to her, Inuyasha had returned. He glared at the giggling red-head and huffed angrily.

‘This isn’t really such a big deal to you...is it?’ Inuyasha said as he walked up to Maya.

‘And it is to you huh? So, what’s so bad about being human. I bet you’re just as cute without the demon powers.’ Maya smiled.

‘Feh! Whatever...Listen, don’t be poking your nose into to other peoples business wench. And don’t say I’m cute! It’s irritating.’ Inuyasha fumed.

Maya, Sango and Kagome all laugh as Inuyasha stormed away from the three giggling girls. His hair had already begun to darken, causing it to take on a grayer shade of color. His eyes had already turned from there normal golden color to the human color of violet. (Umm, is his eyes violet or brown in human form? Help!) He was considerably slower than usual, and above all, he looked like he was having a bad night. Maya stopped for a moment to watch Inuyasha leave out of the village.

“Maybe he likes being alone more in this form. I’ll have to ask Kagome.” she thought as she watched him leave.

~~~

While somewhere in a cave...

‘I thought you said we were leaving at dusk my lord. It is already well into the night.’ Jaken complained as he stoked a fire.

‘I had a change of plans. Now Jaken, feed Rin and see that she is properly tucked into bed this time. If not, I will have myself a brand new throw rug for the castle. Do I make myself clear?’

‘Yes master...’ Jaken said as he quickly got up. ‘So, he didn’t do as he planned...again. I bet some sort of witch has cast a spell on my beloved master Sesshomaru. I will find the hag and threaten her life so she will release my lord from the bonds that hold him. But first...I must take care of this human that lord Sesshomaru speaks so freely of. Perhaps she is to be blamed for all that is happening to him. I will do away with the problem and have Sesshomaru back to myself in no time!’ Jaken cackled to himself. ‘Please lord Sesshomaru...don’t fall in love with anyone else before we have had our chance together...I love you!’ Jaken cried.

(A/N: Well, this is interesting. Jaken loves Sesshomaru...Eww.

Sess: ‘What? Jaken loves me?’

Me: ‘Yeah...I always knew it. I mean come on. He acts all fruity and stuff around you. Must be your manly charm or feminine looks. Don‘t know which, but oh well‘.

Sess: ‘My feminine looks? Are you saying I look like a girl?’

Me: ‘Yes...Now hush!’)

‘Jaken...may I have a word with you?’ Sesshomaru called from the cave.

Jaken quickly shut his mouth and answered slowly. All the while he cursed under his breath. ‘Yes my lord...’ he squeaked. ‘Damn...he heard me. Now I’m in for it.’

As Jaken entered the cave...which he had only left a few minutes before...he didn’t look in Sesshomaru’s direction. ‘Yes master Sesshomaru. You called me?’ he uttered.

‘I have decided to leave. I want you to take Rin back to the castle. If you leave her out here alone...I will make good on my threats. Do you understand?’ Sesshomaru said.

‘Yes my lord. I will escort the young human back to the castle. Anything else his lordship wishes of me?’

‘No, that is all.’

‘Very well my lord.’

As Jaken left, he breathed a great sigh of relief. At least Sesshomaru hadn’t heard his emotional uproar. That was good.

‘Jaken...before you leave...I must speak to you once again.’ Sesshomaru’s voice carried back to him.

Then again...maybe he had.

Reentering the cave, Jaken was surprised to see his lord and master standing up. The look on his face was not a pleasant one, and he held his second sword in his hand. Swinging tokijin to get a feel for it once again, Sesshomaru looked upon his quivering minion in disgust.

‘Did I hear you use the “love” word in a sentence referring to myself and you?’ Sesshomaru asked.

‘I’m so dead...’ Jaken thought bitterly. ‘Yes...but I meant is as a compliment master. I did not say it to sound offending. Please have mercy.’ Jaken begged.

‘I was going to let you off for the other remarks you have made today...but since you so crudely expressed a feeling that is beyond my own...I will kill you now. Think it over in the afterlife. Anymore foul words such as those...and I will never revive you again. Do you understand?’ Sesshomaru said as he readied his ever steady arm.

‘Yes mast...’

Before Jaken could finish, Sesshomaru stabbed him quickly through the chest, piercing his small toady heart.

‘Oh...you killed him again Sesshoumaru? I thought I told you to wait before Rin was comfortable so she could watch. It’s not fair! I wanna see toad man croak!’ Rin pouted.

‘Very well Rin. I will bring him back so you can watch as well.’ Sesshomaru sighed. It was hard work entertaining a little girl. Who knew she would be the kind who thought murder was fun?

After a moment, Sesshomaru released the Tensaiga from it’s holster and brought it down swiftly toward Jaken. The tiny demon opened his eyes, looked around some, and then hopped up. Obviously he was happy and bent down to kiss Sesshomaru’s foot.

‘Oh thank you master! I am so grateful that you have brought me back! Being without you is so hard on me! Will you ever forgive my childish ways?’ Jaken said between foot kissing.

‘Jaken is funny! Now Sesshomaru! Rin wants to see!’ Rin laughed happily.

‘Rin wants to see what? Oh no...Lord Sesshomaru...WHY!?’ Jaken screamed as he went down for the second time that night.

The last thing he heard before everything went dark was Rin’s over enthusiastic voice.

‘Can Rin do it next time?’ the little girl giggled.

A few minutes later Sesshomaru smiled at his ward. Kicking Jaken’s corpse out of the way, he walked to the cave entrance.

‘Perhaps Rin. But for now, we are leaving. Gather your things and follow me.’ Sesshomaru smiled. His little human had a taste for blood shed.

‘Where are we going?’ Rin asked.

‘To visit Inuyasha...and get what is rightfully mine. The Tetsusaiga.’ Sesshomaru answered as he led the way from the cave toward Keade’s village.

Funny thing though...his thoughts were on something else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 done! Lol! Yeah, Rin isn’t the same in my story as other peoples stories! But, when you live with a murderer...what else can you expect? Don’t worry though. As the story progresses, she’ll change.

Sess: ‘My Rin has turned into a freak of nature. What did you do to her?’

Me: ‘Nothing...Living with someone like you must have rubbed off on her. For once, she isn’t as innocent as everyone thinks she is. Careful Sessie, Rin might turn on you as well.’

Rin: *walking through a door that mysteriously appeared* ‘Rin won’t hurt her Sesshoumaru. Rin loves Sesshomaru. Rin wants to marry him when she gets older.’

Me: ‘Rin...you want to marry him? That’s like wanting to marry your own grandfather. Have you any clue as to how old he is?’

Rin: ‘Don’t care! Sesshomaru loves Rin too...right Sesshomaru?’ *Gives puppy dog eyes*

Sess: ‘Maybe in another story Rin. But for now...’

Me: ‘You’re his daughter.’

Rin: *pouty* ‘Fine. But this new girl had not do anything to him. Cause if she does, I’ll hurt her!’

Me: ‘How do you know...’

Rin: ‘I can read you know. Sesshomaru taught me.’

Me: ‘Oh...Well, for all the readers...please read and review. And if you don’t...then I’ll torture Sessie until you do. Bye for now!’

Sess: ‘Please! For the love of God! REVIEW!!!!!!!!!! *Looks over at me* No! Not the shock collar! HELP ME!!!!!!!!’