InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Maya and Sesshomaru: A Fuedal Love Tail ❯ Just Between Us ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter 4...

Well now, wasn’t chapter 3 fun kids? Always remember to do as your parents say...even if it’s killing off annoying frog demons who talk to much.

Disclaimer: I’m not even going to bother. *Pats Sessie on the head* Speak Rover!

Sess: ‘Bow-wow...how humiliating.’

Me: ‘Guess what?’

Sess: *scratching his ear with his foot* ‘What?’

Me: ‘Rin is in this chapter more. She reveals some surprising things about you Sessie. Doesn’t that sound like fun?’

Sess: *with murder in his eyes* ‘Where is she?’

Me: ‘Oh and this is gonna be a short chapter. Sorry everyone...’

Sess: ‘Short? But why?’

Me: ‘Cause I said so. Stop your complaining...at least you’re in this chapter more than the other ones.’

Sess: ‘Point taken...I am the star!’ *looks at me...* ‘Then again, maybe not.’

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4: Just Between Us

Sesshomaru and Rin walked for hours, stopping on occasion to let Rin rest her feet. Who knew Keade’s village would be so far away? Of course, it wouldn’t be so far away if a certain little girl didn’t stop to pick every damn flower in the vicinity! Anyways...they walked. And as they walked, Rin felt sure something was wrong. The look on Sesshomaru’s face was soft...wasn’t he going to fight his brother? What was with him?

‘Sesshomaru...are you alright? You look funny.’ Rin mused as she felt his forehead. ‘No, you don’t feel hot. Maybe you just need a break. Here, sit by Rin and be good.’ the little girl said as she sat down.

Sesshomaru looked at Rin strangely. Then he looked up at the sky. All the traveling was useless as of now. The sun had already started showing it’s brilliant colors across the lands. Soon, it would be morning. Sighing, the demon lord did as he was told and sat.

‘Oh goody, Sesshoumaru obeyed Rin! Now, roll over.’ the little girl giggled.

‘Rin...what have I told you about treating me as though I’m some house trained mongrel?’ Sesshomaru asked. But he did roll over, much to Rin’s delight.

‘If you start to pet my stomach, I’ll get up...Rin...don’t you dare. Rin!’ Sesshomaru frowned as the little girl jumped on him.

‘Sesshomaru is a good dog demon. And he’s all Rin’s! I’ll tear out the heart of any other who touches Sesshomaru...’ Rin smiled as she sat on Sesshomaru’s stomach.

‘Rin! I told you not to do that. Now get off me.’ said an angry...but still polite dog demon.

‘But Rin was only playing.’ said a little girl near tears.

‘I’m sorry Rin. But it is not dignified for a young lady such as yourself to behave so improperly. Now, if you are finished...I want to continue our little quest.’

‘Yes Sesshomaru...’

~~~

Morning has come and still no sign of Inuyasha...Oh where Oh where has my little doggie gone? Oh where Oh where can he be?...Uhh, sorry. Anyways...

After last night, Maya didn’t speak to anyone concerning Inuyasha. Who knew he would be that upset over something like being human? Being human wasn’t bad. He could have turned into something worse...like a woman. But why should he complain? His monthly was just a change in hair color and getting weak. He’s lucky he isn’t a woman.

‘Inuyasha...you’re lucky. At least your monthly problems don’t cause you to bleed all over every damn thing.’ Maya said out loud. Well a little too loud.

For who should pop his head in but Inuyasha himself. The look on his face was furious and he gave Maya a death glare. Then it turned red as he realized what she had said.

‘That is unbelievably the most sickest thing I had ever heard! Are sure you’re related to Kagome?’ he asked.

‘Oops sorry. Didn’t think anyone was around. Ummm, so how did being human turn out?’ Maya said as she blushed 10 shades of red.

Inuyasha smiled his usual smile and shrugged his shoulders. ‘It could have gone worse. I could have met up with a stronger demon and died before anyone found me. But hey, that’s life when you’re a stinkin’ half breed.’

‘It’s not all that bad being only half of something. As long as the other half is better. Anyways, you really hurt my feelings last night Inuyasha. I thought we were friends. You didn’t have to yell at me like that.’

‘We are friends Maya. I’m sorry if I upset you.’ Inuyasha said as he hugged Maya. (It’s a friend type hug all you losers out there! Inu loves Kagome!)

‘Perhaps I’ve come at a bad time.’ a voice said.

‘Sesshomaru...show yourself you mangy mutt!’ Inuyasha yelled, letting go of Maya, causing the bewildered girl to fall.

‘Sesshomaru? Where?’ she said as she got up herself.

‘What are you doing? He’s here to take my sword you idiot! You just can’t go charging up to him! He’ll kill you!’

‘Yeah right! Alright Sesshomaru! Where are you? Come out right now mister. We have to talk.’ Maya yelled. Then walking quickly, she headed into some tree lines where Sesshomaru’s voice had came from.

‘Don’t be so stupid! Maya! Maya get over here! Damn it...she’s going to get herself killed! Maya!’

Inuyasha ran into the surrounding tree lines to find himself...face to face with...Maya sitting and smiling as she chatted with Sesshomaru. A little girl staring daggers into Maya. And a very amused Sesshomaru. What was going on?

‘It’s about time Inu. Sesshomaru was telling me about how you used to wine when you didn’t get your way. I didn’t know you was spoiled rotten.’ Maya giggled.

‘He also used to cry whenever I took one of his favorite toys.’ Sesshomaru smiled.

‘You cried? Oh god that is so funny! And did you ever play with toys Sesshomaru?’ Maya asked.

‘When I was a pup. I never did after Inuyasha was born though. I did however, take delight in taking his and hiding them. I enjoyed watching his baby face streaked with tears.’

‘Nice one Sesshomaru. I always knew it was you who took my stuff. Being the bossy big brother wasn’t good enough for you huh? Had to steal my things as well. Same goes for the tetsusaiga. I bet you’re just waiting for the right moment to snatch it away huh? Well it won’t work! I’m onto you and your tricks.’ Inuyasha growled.

‘Don’t pay attention to him Sesshomaru. He’s just being a stubborn.’

‘Stubborn! I’m not the one having a conversation with a killer and acting as though every damn thing is peachy and perfect!’ Inuyasha screamed.

‘Stop your wining. Come over and sit with us. If Sesshomaru does anything, I’ll beat him silly with this.’ Maya said as she brought out a rolled up newspaper.

‘Where did that come from?’ Inuyasha asked as he leaned toward his brother.

‘The question brother should more appropriately be, Where was she keeping it?’ Sesshomaru said.

‘Maya...where was you keeping that?’ Inuyasha asked as he eyed the newspaper. He had never seen anything so strange before. What harm could it do?

‘It is strange brother. Not only does her garments leave nothing to the imagination, I do not see any forms of pockets anywhere.’ Sesshomaru said.

At that moment, Maya, with a large smile on her face...looked over at Sesshomaru. His eyes weren’t on her face and he seemed to be looking a bit lower. Even Inuyasha was staring at the same place. Maya had a perfectly good idea where they were staring and quickly brought her arms up.

‘What the hell do you think you’re doing?’ she yelled. ‘Keep your eyes focused up on my face...not my goods!’

‘We weren’t looking at you wench! Feh!’ Inuyasha and his trademark ’Feh” retaliated.

‘Speak for yourself brother. But, I was not staring at your so called ’goods’. I was merely trying to locate any form of pockets.’ the demon dog lied.

Maya frowned and looked at Sesshomaru. ‘I don’t have any pockets...except my jeans of course. Now stop looking or else I’m going to smack you with this!’ Maya huffed angrily as she crossed one arm over chest and held up the paper with her other arm.

‘Forgive me...But I...’ Sesshomaru began. Maya who was starting to turn red, frowned as the demon lord still hadn’t adverted his gaze. With one swift motion, she brought the newspaper down on his head, stunning him.

‘Wow! That was cool. Do it again!’ Inuyasha cried as he saw his brothers dazed look.

‘You want it next?’ Maya said.

‘No...’ Inuyasha looked down and shut his mouth.

‘Forgive me Lady Maya. I did not mean to look at you in such a way.’ Sesshomaru said as he straightened himself.

Then he looked over at Rin. The little girl was staring right at the same spot her Sesshomaru and Inuyasha had been looking just moments before. He had a feeling something wasn’t right.

‘Wow Sesshomaru! They sure are big! When Rin gets older, will she have big ones too?’ the little asked sweetly.

Sesshomaru frowned and stared. Inuyasha started to laugh. And Maya became so red you could mistake her for a stop sign.

‘What? I was only asking.’ Rin said as she still put on her “look at me, I’m sweet and innocent. I would never hurt anything.” routine.

‘Rin, I think it’s time we had a talk. But instead of myself...Lady Maya, talk to her!’ Sesshomaru said as he put Rin’s hand into Maya’s.

‘Hey lady? Why are you so big?’ Rin asked, the small smile never leaving her face.

‘Rin was it? It isn’t very polite to ask things such as those to someone. Doesn’t Sesshomaru teach you any manners?’ Maya said as she half smiled.

‘Sesshomaru teaches Rin lots of things. But this is the first time Rin sees anyone looking like you. Rin hopes she gets big like you someday.’ Rin smiled.

At that moment, everyone including Sesshomaru, sweat drops at the little girls statement.

~~~

Meanwhile...

Kagome and Sango had gone off with Shippo to look for Inuyasha and Maya. They had left Miroku....for his own safety of course, in the village. If Maya saw him, she would probably scare him shitless. As they walked, Kagome heard noises from a clearing up ahead. Walking quicker, she came upon Inuyasha, Maya, Sesshomaru and Rin, who had her hands planted on Maya’s chest...as if checking how big they really were.

(A/N: She’s just a kid ppl! She is just being curious...*under breath* Of course, I’d kill anyone who touched me there...)

‘Hey Sango...I think Inuyasha and Maya are close.’ the Miko said.

‘Are you sure? I don’t see them.’ Sango asked.

‘I’m sure...and from the look of it, Sesshomaru is with them. So is a little girl with her hands on my cousin’s...wow! Didn’t expect to see that.’ Kagome blushed.

‘Wow lady! No wonder lord Sesshomaru likes you. Maybe someday Rin will be as big as you and Lord Sesshomaru will like her as well.’ the little girl said as she removed her hands.

Then smiling sweetly, she turned to Inuyasha. ‘How big are you?’ she asked sweetly.

‘Hey kid! Don’t you know when to stop asking embarrassing things? Sesshomaru you better teach your ‘Pet’ some manners. If not, I’m gonna hurt her!’ Inuyasha yelled.

‘She’s not my ‘Pet’ Inuyasha. She’s my human daughter. And your niece...so be kind to her you worthless pup!’ Sesshomaru growled.

‘I still say she’s your pet. Anyways...Rin was it? Perhaps Sesshomaru never told you this, but it’s not polite to ask personal things to complete strangers.’

‘Rin already knows a little bit about personal things. She saw Sesshomaru water some trees one time!’ Rin smiled cheerfully.

(A/N: Hey Sess, your secrets out now. So you do keep with doggie fashion? How many ‘trees’ have you watered lately?

Sess: ‘Rin...I’m going to kill you.’ *lunges at the small girl*

Rin: *pouts* ‘But Sesshomaru...I thought you loved Rin?’

Sess: *Stops his attack...a look of softness and pity in his face* ‘Still Rin, that is no way to act. Behave yourself or else you will go back to the castle and stay there until the chapter is done.’

Rin: ‘No! Alright Sesshomaru! Rin be good! I won’t tell no more secrets!’

Me: ‘Well anyways...back to the story.’)

~~~

Kagome and Sango entered the clearing and after a few minutes, sat down. It was strange seeing Inuyasha and Sesshomaru get along, but who cared right? As long as they weren’t arguing over a stupid piece of metal...it was all good.

‘Hey you! Girl with the funny clothes! Have you ever found yourself in a compromising position with dog boy here?’ Rin asked.

‘Rin...’ Sesshomaru started.

‘I Uhh...Well I...that is too say...Sesshomaru will you do something about her? Please!’ Kagome pleaded.

‘Rin...’ the dog lord tried again.

‘And what about you? Why do you carry a giant boomerang thingy with you all the time? Do you like big things?’ Rin asked Sango.

Sango blushed and shook her head. What was up with this kid? Talk about annoying.

‘Hey funny girl...would you ever kiss my Sesshoumaru on the mouth?’ Rin asked.

‘Rin...’

‘No! Somebody control her! If you won’t I will!’ Kagome yelled as she took out her bow and loaded it with one of her arrows.

‘Sesshomaru!’ Rin screams.

‘RIN! WILL YOU SHUT UP FOR ONCE? STOP GETTING ON EVERYONE’S NERVES!!!’ Sesshomaru had finally cracked. ‘GO TO THE CASTLE AND STAY THERE!’ Standing, the demon lord walked over to Rin, gave her a good pat on the behind and pointed toward the west.

(A/N: He spanked her...Lol)

Rin looked at her beloved Sesshomaru and started to pout. But this time, it didn’t work. Sniffling, she turned toward the west and started walking.

‘That’s better...Now, where were we?’ Sesshomaru said as he sat down.

(Me: ‘And yes, he did send her home. But the castle wasn’t that far away. A few days away. Don’t worry, she gets there just fine. Thanks to your friendly neighborhood villagers.’

Sess: ‘I can’t believe you just made me strike my own pet...umm I mean child. What kind of author are you? I do not abuse my children!’

Me: ‘Then you should teach her manners Sess. No one likes a pest you know.’

Sess: ‘I thought you liked Rin?’

Me: ‘I do...but she’s annoying.’

Inu, Kagome, Sango, and Maya (all together): ‘Amen to that!’

Sess: *Mutters some choice words that are definitely not for the faint of heart*)

~~~

Hours later...

Kagome , Sango, and Maya all enjoyed listening to Sesshomaru tell tales about Inuyasha’s childhood. But, Kagome couldn’t figure something out. Why was he getting along with Inuyasha? And more...why was he getting along with Maya? Of course...it was so simple.

‘Kagome, do you suppose Sesshomaru has feelings for Maya?’ Sango asked.

‘No doubt. But, I always thought he hated humans. I guess Rin changed him.’ came Kagome’s reply.

‘I do hate humans. But I find Lady Maya pleasing enough to talk too. If you believe I have feelings for her, you are mistaken.’ Sesshomaru said as he looked at the two.

Both just nodded while Maya looked at him angrily.

‘Oh, and here I thought you liked me. Oh I forgot! You don’t care about nothing except your own damn self! You’re such a prick!’ she screamed.

‘Did you expect me to have feelings toward you?’ Sesshomaru asked calmly.

‘I thought maybe you liked me...but boy was I wrong. You’re nothing but a over egotistical jerk! Go jump off a cliff you mutt!’ Maya yelled.

‘This is interesting. At first she was happy...now she looks as though she wants to kill Sesshomaru.’ Kagome said with a smile.

‘If you guys are done...I’m leaving. Kagome, you coming?’ Inuyasha said as he stood up. He hated Sesshomaru and if he and Kagome’s cousin wanted to argue then more power to them.

‘Sure...Sango?’

“Yes. For some reason, I think they would like to be alone.’ the demon slayer said as she too got to her feet.

After they had left, Maya huffed as she turned around to face the opposite direction from Sesshomaru. What was his problem anyways? He could have at least told her he liked her a little bit. But Nooo! He had to be a jerk and go and make her feel bad. Men!

‘Why don’t you like me Sesshomaru?’ Maya asked without turning around. She half wanted to hear his answer...but also half dreaded it.

Sesshomaru looked at Maya’s back for a moment then stood. He wasn’t about to let the others know of his feelings. It was a good thing they left too. Walking over to Maya, who had scooted a good three feet from him, the demon lord sat down. Beside her, Sesshomaru frowned. How could he tell her that he didn’t mean a word of it? Would she even believe him?

‘If you want the truth...I like you. Actually, I’ve liked you since our first meeting. I couldn’t believe my luck when I found you. I was thinking to myself how incredibly awesome you were. But I never told anyone because they’d think I flipped. I was going to tell Kagome though...but she would have just told me to forget it. That's why I acted the way I did. I was scared to let you know how I really felt.’ Maya said.

Sesshomaru stared at the red head girl beside him. Was it his imagination, or was she crying? Slowly, he placed a clawed hand on her shoulder and lightly squeezed it.

‘The truth is Maya...I do find you interesting. But to have feelings I must get to know you more. Perhaps you would like to come stay at my castle for the time you are here.’ he said.

‘You have a castle?’ Maya asked between sniffles.

‘Yes..’ Sesshomaru replied.

Jumping up, Maya took the demon’s hand into her own and gave him a smile. Her tears had dried and she stood over him with a cheesy grin on her face. Pulling on him, Maya got Sesshomaru to stand. Then she latched herself to his arm.

‘So lead the way.’ she said in enthusiastically.

Sesshomaru had to smile at Maya excitement. Never before had he met someone so carefree such as her. The truth was...he actually enjoyed being near her. That was one of main reasons he had asked her to come to his castle.

‘It’s a two day journey. Are sure you’re up to it?’ he asked.

‘YES!!! I want to see your castle.’ Maya said as she got closer. Talk about being clingy.

‘Soon...but I must first lay down the law. You are to not dress that way while you are staying there. You will eat when dinner is served. And you must respect everyone...including myself. Do I make myself clear?’

‘Clear as crystal. So let’s go already.’

This was going to be a long summer.

Sesshomaru and Maya walked for some time before she had finally let go of his arm, much to the relief of the demon. Few words were exchanged as he led the way west toward his home. Hopefully, Rin would be waiting there. Occasionally, Maya would get tired and Sesshomaru would have to stop at points to let her rest. His thoughts were on one thing. Maya. He watched her as she slept and secretly thought about what would come.

‘I need to ask the old witch of the west what she thinks. Should I, the great lord Sesshomaru, fall for a human woman? Indeed she is quite beautiful. But have I lost all sanity?’ he wondered. Moving some hair that had become attached to Maya’s face, Sesshomaru sighed. ‘No one knows what the future may hold for it is not written. Perhaps, as time progresses, I will change my outlook on humans and on you.’

Then standing, Sesshomaru looked toward the west. ‘But, this will be just between us.’ he said as he walked away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

That chapter is finished. Thank goodness...I almost ran out of stuff to write. Lol. So, how is it so far? Stupid? Yeah, I know. But whatever.

Sess: ‘So, you had me being kind to her. I should kill you.’

Me: ‘If you don’t want the shock collar, I wouldn’t even think about touching me.’

Sess: *Sorry, the words he is saying as of now are not for those faint of heart.*

Me: ‘BAD DOG!!!’ *smacks him with a rolled up newspaper*

Sess: ‘My head!’

Me: ‘Hey everyone, don’t forget to review.’