InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meaningless Emotions ❯ prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot.

(a/n) this is something random I started to write. It might not be very many chapters. Well it probably will. Any way on with this story.
Meaningless Emotions

Prologue


My life isn't the best.. Well I'll tell the truth. It sucks. I know most teens my age say these things. But with me its different. My life really does suck. I'm an outcast. I'm unwanted. I mean I may never have a boyfriend. Scratch that. I wont ever have a boyfriend. Kinda sad huh?

My life didn't always suck you know? It was alright when I was little. That is until my little brother was born. When Souta came into this world everything seemed to go downhill. Well it might already was going downhill, but thats when I started to notice the tension between my parents. It seems that my father, Naraku, had a little extra on the side. My mom, I guess found this out.

One of her friends saw my father with this other woman, hugging and kissing and all that other stuff. Lets just say my mom was pissed. But she acted like she didn't know. I admire her for that. Because my mom, Kay Higurashi, is one tough bitch. One night she followed dad to one of his 'business' parties. Lets just say that she found dad and his little slut going at it. They will never be the same anymore. Spending the rest of their lives in a rehabilitation center isn't all rainbows and butterflies.

Believe it or not this all happen before I reached the tender age of 7. Scary huh? Think about all the stuff I saw. Maybe thats why I'm all screwed up now.

School life for me was... entertaining. In first grade I got suspended for indecent exposure. Don't wanna get into that. Long... long... LONG story.

In second grade I started to notice how I didn't fit in with the other kids. Maybe because I was more mature. Or I tried to be carefree and innocent. Anyway, I talked constantly to try to hide my turmoil inside. But I guess one day I went too far. The girls in my group told I was talking way to much. The teacher scolded me. But I got them back in the end. I stopped talking all together. For 2 whole months.

I guess this is when my mom noticed my problems. Because she started to push me into after school things. Like karate, kick boxing, and every other sport she could get me into. She didn't know she just made matters worse for me. I became a jock. A girl jock. I hang out with most of the guys. Sure I had girls that were friends but I didn't do many girlie things. Heh, I didn't even dress like a girl. Well I still kinda don't. But we wont go into that.

Third grade was alright. I still had my guy friends but I got close to a couple of girls, Sango and Rin. They were cool and not the type of girls you'd think I'd hang out with. They were girlie. I mean they are girlie. But they love me. Fourth grade was when something drastic happened. I was talking to a group of girls when one of them laughed at me when I said something about a book they had read.

“HAHAHAHA sure Kagome... Since when do you read books that aren't about sports. Face it you're dumb.” She said. I just smiled and nodded while I was secretly dying inside. So I started to fit the description of the dumb girl. I did my work, but that doesn't mean I turned it in.

This went on for months, until my teacher, the fucking bitch, called my mother. My mom went in my room to take away all the stuff she thought I couldn't live without. Little did she know I could live without almost everything in my room. Books, and my bed I couldn't. Oh and a light... need that to read the books.
Oh how I get off track so easily. Now where was I? Oh yeah. She found all my work. She gave it to the teacher and they were astounded by my IQ. So I was like eff it... can't beat them.. join them. But I wasn't just going to do what they wanted me to. So I became the bad girl. I got into a lot of fights, with guys. I could kick anyone's ass. Well except him... and his brother.

Inu Yasha, my life long crush. That I have absolutely no kinda chance with. His older brother (by a year) Sesshomaru, which is like the bane of my existence. He always has something smart to say. He can never keep his comments to himself. God he makes me so angry! Nobody can be as perfect as him.... oh.. sorry about that. Just went off into one of my many rants.

Anyway.... fifth grade through eighth went by just fine. But thats when my thoughts got more on the girlie side I guess. My crush on Inu Yasha developed into something more. Something accustomed to love. Yep the big 'L' word. But he acted like he didn't notice me. Like I wasn't worth the ground he walks on everyday. So I started to become friendly with him. Started to try to dress more girlie. Hell I was in high school now. I was a big freshman. I could be more of a girl if I wanted to.

So I consorted Sango and Rin, who loved the idea. They put make up on me. Bought me clothes. Everything under the sun, I even got a pair of heels. But he still didn't notice me. But his friend did.

I ended up with Kouga Copeland. We dated for what... about a week before I just broke up with him. Couldn't take all the possessiveness. Saying “ I'm his woman” and stuff like that. I was like he has gots to go. Then I went back to my old roots. Me being me. Not trying to impress Inu Yasha.

Plus one of his friends, Hiten, told me I had a snowball's chance in hell of going out with him. That broke my heart. I totally ran to Miss Kairei's room (who is a great teacher). I put my head down on my desk and cried. Which wasn't a good idea cause Sesshomaru walked in class and noticed me. He wasn't even an ass then. Which surprised me fully. He asked Miss Kairei if he could take me out of the room to calm down. She nodded with a worried look on her face. That made me cry harder.

So Sesshomaru took me out into the courtyard. Hugging me close as I wet the front of his shirt with my constant flow of tears. That was the day I vowed to never cry another tear in my life. Ever since then it's been sorta weird between me and Sesshomaru. Well I still dislike him a lot a lot. But theres that fateful day that we'll always have.

Shoot! I spent all this time telling you about how my life sucks.. that I forgot to tell you about my appearance! I'm about 5'5'', I weigh like... 115lbs, blue eyes, did I mention I have a pretty nice bod! (yeah right) I guess the sports paid off. I'm 15 almost 16. (Just two more weeks) Ummm lets see.... I have long wavy black hair. Thats about it.

So back to my life. Well this year, I made a promise. That this year was going to be mine. I will be me. Be all I can be. This year me, Kagome Higurashi, was going to shine. That I won't put up with those meaningless emotions. Like friendship, jealousy.. etc. Especially the worst one of all.. Love.

Oh how wrong I was.


(a/n): This is the prologue and is about the only thing that will be in Kagome's POV. This is just telling some details. Well I don't know how to say it but. Yeah. Review if you want.

Converting /tmp/phpGmWd0V to /dev/stdout