InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meaningless Emotions ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot.

(a/n) This is the first chapter of Meaningless Emotions. Please be gentle... no not really tear it up if you want. Thanks for the REVIEWS!


Meaningless Emotions

Chapter One

The sun was just rising when there was exactly one knock on the door, before Kay Higurashi entered her daughter's bedroom. The light blue walls had a yellowish ting to them, because of the sun outside.

She walked over to the bed and looked down at the lump in the middle. She stood there for a second with her hands balled up into fist on either hip. She mumbled something that sounded like “I know this girl heard me knock on the door, let along come in.” She took in a deep breath and let it out.

“Kagome! Get up!” She bellowed. The lump in the center of the bed started to move and make sounds. Soon after the brief movement the lump went still once more. Kay let out a exasperated sigh , bending over she grabbed an handful of covers yanking them away to reveal a groaning girl, with her eyes shut tight.

“I'm not going to tell you again Kagome.” Kay said before she turned around and exited the room. Kagome opened her sapphire eyes and looked around the room before she sat up and swung her legs over to the edge of the bed. She sat there for a few minutes trying to clear some of the grogginess from her tired mind. She stood up with a yawn, rubbing her tired eyes and making her way to her closet door. She reached for the door knob and started to turn it.

She opened her closet and looked around at the different varieties of clothes. She simply walked in over to a pile in the middle of it.

Letting out a sigh, she grabbed a pair of baggy jeans. She lifted them up and gave them a nod of approval, tossing them out the closet door to land in the middle of her bedroom. She then went over to the shelves and got a form fitting white 'FCUK' shirt.

Once she was dressed, she walked out of her room. Nearly tripping over her obese cat, Buyo. Regaining her footing, she walked over to her brother's door and slowly opened it. She peered in on her sleeping brother. He still had an hour and a half to sleep.

“Lucky bastard.” she muttered under breath, closing the door. She looked down at her watch, it read '6:45 am'. She let out a gasp and ran down the stairs. Making it without any accidents she picked up her backpack.

“Mom! I need you to drive me. I won't make it if I walk today.” She yelled before she ran out of the house to the car in the drive way. She sat in the Mustang convertible, glazing around her neighborhood. All big houses, no one outside except the gardening people or some maids coming to work.

(--)
(a/n): sorry but hahahahaha... I just turned on my stereo and hahaha and the first thing I hear is backstreet boys. Sorry... I'm a dork I know.
(--)
The front door opened and her mom came out in her slippers and gown. She watched her walked over to the car and get in.

“First day of school and you're already fucking up.” She could hear her mother mumble. Kagome hung her head, listening to her mother talk about her under her breath.

(-- Shikon High--)

Kagome walked into school as her mother pulled off with a shriek. She walked over to where everyone's name and first period class were listed. They would get their schedules in the first class. She put her finger on the paper scrolling it down looking for her name.

Finding her name and class she set out for it. She knew the room all to well, because she happened to have the same exact teacher last year for math. Walking up the stairs she tilted her head in acknowledgment to everyone that said hello to her.

Making it to room 145, she opened the door and walked in. She looked around the room, seeing that the only person in there was Miss Kairei. 'Great... forever the first one in class' She thought to herself as she put a fake smile on her face. Miss Kairei turned around to see she wasn't the only person in the room anymore.

“Good morning Kagome! How was your summer vacation?” The teacher said cheerfully. Kagome inwardly winced. 'terrible.' She had spent most of her summer visiting her dear cousin, Kikyou. You found it fun to point out every single one of Kagome's faults. Even though like looked pretty much the same. Except for the blue eyes. Kikyou had brown ones.

“It was great! I went to visit my cousin Kikyou for most of it. We had a swell time.” Kagome said with a big fake smile on her face. 'OMG... wait... did I just say swell? I think I did.'

“That sounds fun... spending time with family always is.” Miss Kairei said turning back to the board and continued to write crap on it. That Kagome didn't particularly care about. She moved towards a desk but was stopped by Miss Kairei.

“Kagome, I'm trying something new this year. We're gonna have assigned seats. You sit over there by the window. The last of the two seats.” She instructed. Kagome nodded her head and moved to her destinated seat. She sat down and looked at her hands, starting to drift off into her own mind. Oh how she loved the silence and solitude.

She was in her happy place. Running through meadows and forest, swimming in a lake or stream. She felt totally carefree. No worries. She hated to admit, but she felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

“Kagome...” she heard someone calling her name. She looked up and saw the faces of her two best friends, Sango and Rin.

“Hey you guys! You both have this class?” She asked them in her best fake hopeful voice. To tell the truth she'd rather they be in some other class.

“Not Rin... She has World History this period.” Sango said sadly, causing Kagome to put up a fake distressed look upon her face.

“That sucks! Man.... well...” Kagome trailed off as the door opened to reveal the one, the only, Sesshomaru Taisho. She blushed when he nodded his head towards her in acknowledgment. But she quickly shook it off. She didn't want him. He was the last person she wanted. She wanted his younger brother. Inu Yasha.

The warning bell went off and Rin excused herself from the classroom, heading to her class up the hall. Sango took a seat next to Kagome and adjusted her jean skirt, that Kagome frowned at. She looked down at her baggy jeans that hung just low enough to show the top of her black underwear. She wondered why they hung out with her. She clearly didn't really fit in with them. The classroom started to fill up. Miss Kairei looked up and let a easy going smile appear on her face.

“I think I should start putting you guys in our new seating chart.” Miss Kairei said with a slight giggle in her voice when half the room groaned. “Now... Sesshomaru move over there in front of Kagome..” She continued on giving everyone their assigned seats. Sesshomaru moved in front of Kagome and acted like he didn't see her for a minute or two. Kagome scowled at the back of his head. Suddenly he turned around an looked at her.

“Looks like we have to put up with each other again this year, Higurashi.” He said in his deathly calm voice he always has. Kagome rolled her eyes and sneered at him.

“Believe me Taisho.... WAIT! Why is it that you're in my math class every year? Stalkerrrrrr...” Kagome said stretching out the word to bring the point on home.

“Maybe if you weren't so high in your academics... wait! Never mind.” Sesshomaru said turning around. He started to copy down the notes on the board with mild interest.

“I have 10 juniors and 10 sophomores. So I decided to mix it up. Have you noticed that the desk are in pairs of two's, in a row. You will be working with that person every time we need to be partnered up. So I suggest you guys get pretty acquainted.” Miss Kairei said walking out of the room. Groans followed her out.

Sesshomaru turned around again with the tiniest hint of a smirk on his face.
“Turn back around Sesshomaru... I've known you since like forever. Plus you live right next door, 'nuff said”. Kagome said looking down at her desk. Her hair was falling down in her face, which she quickly tucked behind her ears.

“There is a lot of stuff that you don't know about me.. Kagome.”He said in his dead pan voice.

“Fine.... what don't I know about you?” Kagome sneered hatefully.

“That I find these petty little arguments the best part of my day. I swear I can't go a whole day without arguing with you. You also don't know is that... that you are one of my best friends.” Sesshomaru confessed. Kagome just looked at him shocked. She stayed silent through out the rest of the class.

(--)

After the bell rang, Kagome found herself going to a class that she knew she had no friends in. Rin had chemistry and Sango had English 10.

She rounded the hall and came across the desired room number. She smiled cause she never been in this class before. She opened the door and walked in and almost turned around and walked back out.

Sitting behind the desk was the one teacher that hated her guts, Mr. Hirota. He tried to fail her last year. But her mom handled that. She saw how he looked up at her with a tiny smirk on his face. 'This is going to be a long day.. scratch that.. this is going to be a long year.'

(--)

Lunch she had to say was one of her least favorite time of the day, well at school. She looked down at the questionable looking cafeteria food. She sat down a table by herself thinking she'll have some alone time. But Rin and Sango sat down seconds afterwards.

“Hey Kag! Whats up?” Sango asked poking at the mystery meat on her plate.

“Nothing..” Kagome answered... she always answered that way. What she really wanted to say was.. what does it look like I'm doing? But alas, that was rude.

“Guess who I have in like all my classes you guys!” Rin squealed as she pulled out the peanut butter jelly sandwich, that she brought from home. 'Smart..' Kagome thought to herself looking down at the hard roll. She picked it up and dropped it back down on her tray. It sounded like a rock when it landed on the tray.

“Who?” Kagome asked with a smile on her face.

“Shippou Kitsune! Man.. how I like that boy.” Rin continued to talk endlessly about Shippou. Kagome just nodded her head every once in a while. Sango was actually contributing to the topic. Adding in her escapade earlier with Miroku Horshi, the school pervert. It was obvious that she liked the guy, as she ranted about how he grabbed her ass. Kagome made no comment.

The bell rang signaling that lunch was indeed over. She waved goodbye to Sango and Rin. She threw away her untouched 'food' and walked towards the stairs. She started to climb them, feeling that burning in her legs. 'Man I'm out of shape. Volleyball practice today is gonna be horrible' Kagome thought as she walked in her Honors English 10 class. She nodded towards Miss Kaede, nobody knew her last name.. so it was just plain ole Kaede. She was seated and looked around the empty classroom. She sighed, she was always the first in class. A few seconds later Shippou and Miroku walked in.

“Hey Kagome.” Shippou said as he took a seat in front of her. Kagome smiled at him. She liked Shippou, he was like a brother to her.

“Hey Shippou! I haven't seen you like all day!” Kagome said hugging him around his neck.

“Yeah I got most of Rin's classes.” He said as he hugged her back. He then continued to talk about how pretty Rin looked that day. Suddenly Kagome felt someone rubbing her hind end. She had completely forgotten about Miroku! She whipped around and slapped him. He just rubbed his cheek and smiled. They started some friendly conversation for a few minutes when the person that walked into the classroom caught her eye. It was Inu Yasha. He looked over to them and smiled, walking over to them.
“Hey you guys?” Inu Yasha said in his gruff voice that Kagome just loved to hear.

“Hey!” The all said in unison. The class slowly started to fill. Kagome noted that it was exactly the people in this class. She smiled at that fact. They knew she liked quiet and she sorta hated to admit, but there were some really cool people in this class. She looked over to Inu Yasha, whom she was sitting next to, and smiled slightly at him. He returned it with full force.

Miss Kaede walked to the front of the room talking about something about how shes glad to see them all back in her class that year. Kagome was distracted by the note Shippou handed her.

Shippou: You still crushing over Inu Yasha?

Kagome scowled and quickly wrote her response. Yeah so? She passed the note back to Shippou who go this strange smirk on his face. He wrote some words down and handed it back to her. She opened it and read:

Guess what.... Hes crushing you too...

Kagome's eye widen and she looked over to Inu Yasha who noticed her. He smiled and mouthed 'hello'. Kagome quickly turned her head, to give the allusion that she was paying attention to Kaede. But if you looked closely you could see the tiniest hint of a smile on her face.

(--)

Kagome was in the girl's locker room putting on some shorts and her knee pads. She looked around at the other girls that were getting ready for practice. She noticed a couple freshmen here and there. The door opened and in walked Sango and Rin. To her surprise they were carrying gym bags. They made their way towards her and sat down.

“What are you doing here you guys?” Kagome asked them all shocked. She understood Sango, who was tomboyish in their younger years. But Rin? Rin was not a sporting type. No hand nor eye coordination at all. But alas, here she was getting dressed for the first practice of the year.

“We decided to join the team too. I always wanted to play this sport.” Rin said, trying to figure out how to put on the knee pads. Kagome sighed and showed her.

“Plus Kag, we totally get to miss school some days..” Sango said getting up, ready for practice. Kagome lets a smile slip onto her face, a real one. She couldn't believe they were going to be. She figured this was ultimately going to make them closer than anything else.

“Okay you guys. Are you sure you know what your getting into?” Kagome asked them with all seriousness. Coach Williams was one touch cookie. She made them run laps. But then again, Sango and Rin always ran track. They heard the whistle blow and they slowly start file out of the locker room.

(-- After Practice.. Front Steps --)

Rin was holding an ice pack to her knee. There was an ugly purplish bruise there. She groaned out. Kagome just smiled, totally unhurt. Sango was poking at an raspberry on her elbow.

“I asked you guys in the beginning if you knew what you were getting into..” Kagome drawled. They both glared at her, which only caused her smile to widen.

“You didn't tell us that we'll have to dive on the ground repeatedly, just to bump some white little ball.” Rin said motioning to the redness on her forearms.

“Do I need to repeat myself?” Kagome asked her voice filled with sarcasm. Rin rolled her eyes and continued to ice her knee. “Are you going to quit the team?” Kagome asked.

“No way in hell! I actually had fun..” Sango said standing up, stretching out her tired muscles. Rin made an agreeing noise. Kagome gapped at them. She couldn't believe that they weren't going to quit. Just then her mom pulled up and they all loaded in the car.

“How was school you guys?” Kay asked the girls with a friendly smile upon her face.

“Great..” They answered in unison, which resulted in them all giggling. Kagome noticed that the radio wasn't on and she reached down and turned it on. Thats when they all heard it! It was their theme song.. for a car anyways. They all started to sing along.

“We went for a ride..mmhmm
We went for a ride...oh yeah
We went for a ride.. ladeoh
We went for a ride..oooh”

Kay raised an eyebrow at the over enthusiastic girls. But she couldn't help but smile at them, she didn't how this song got them so riled up.

“We went for a ride
Undercover of the twilight
And the traffic on the road
And there's only you and I
I hope we never get back home
'Cause I'm feeling serenaded
By the coming of the night
And I wish we'd go forever
And I wish we could just..
Drive away
We could drive away
We could drive away
Into the night..”

The girls were bobbing their head simultaneously with the rhythm of the music. Kay smiled and pulled into her drive way. She parked and turned off the car, opening the door causing the music to shut off. The girls all groaned together. They got of the car and started towards the house.

(--)

Sango and Rin just left for home. Kagome walked over to her bed and pulled out her diary for her nightstand drawer. She got out a pen and opened it . She started to write:

September 1st, 2004

Dear Diary,
Today was my first day of my sophomore year of highschool. It went as well as I suspected. Nothing special.. The day started out alright I guess. Sesshomaru kinda freaked me out in class. Saying I was his best friend and everything. I got this weird feeling deep down in the pit of my stomach. Kinda when you're nervous about something. OMG.. guess what I found out! Inu Yasha likes me! Well I don't know for sure. I found out from Shippou and he wouldn't lie about those kinda things... Would he? No time to ponder on that right now. Rin and Sango are on the volleyball team. I enjoyed seeing Rin get beamed with the ball repeatedly. It gave me the giggles. Well I'm kinda bushed. Night I guess..

Kagome

She closed up her diary and put it back in the drawer. Nobody knew she kept one and she wanted to keep it that. It held all her thoughts about things. The good and bad. She laid back onto her pillow, closing her eyes. Drifting off to sleep, with not a care in the world.

(--)

(a/n) there you have it! Chapter 1 aren't you so proud? Not really... I do not own the song used in this chapter. It belongs to FeFe Dobson.

glamouzmami x3: Thanks for the review! I smiled... well I hope you like this one..
JewelQueen: I read your fic.. I liked it a lot.. you're good writer.. way better than me anyways..
Aisu-Hime: Sure you can help me with grammar and crap... I know mine is bad.. when I type. Just im or something... my s/n are in my profile.
LYN: I wrote more! YAY! Thanks for reviewing...

until next time... Review!







Converting /tmp/phpqentZq to /dev/stdout