InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ Chapter 4

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Mike: so your saying because I live here I have to help out with the editing too *sigh*

Jinx: yeah, that's what I said you got a problem with it monkey man! Huh, huh, do ya do ya!!

Mike: maybe I do

Jinx: bring it on! *jumps on Mike*

Cindy: *shakes head in embarrassment*

Chapter 4

Kagome began to waken, `I feel warm and my leg doesn't hurt any more'. She began to open her eyes and found that she was lying on a whole bunch of blankets and that she was in some kind of tent. `I wonder were I am?' she slowly started to sit up, holding her head to keep things from spinning. Then off in the distance she heard the sounds of Ashiko playing. A slow and even beat that meant that there was a ceremony going on, `Were they performing the revealing ceremony without her?' She started to get up on her feet, slowly at first to see if her legs would support her body. Then she made her way to the opening in the tent. (Mike: god, Jinx did you have to hit me so hard! Jinx: you're just a wussy! Mike: am not! Jinx: are too! Cindy: maybe you should bit her again mike. Mike: not a bad idea)

Once outside she turned her head to the right and noticed a big open fire blazing in the clearing. There were many people there, oddly enough they were dressed in traditional Indian clothing, and `I wonder why they are wearing those?' she thought dryly to herself. Then she saw the dancers, going around the fire as if in a trance. She stood rooted to the ground not moving an inch. One person had caught her eyes, as he was dancing around the fire leaping with such grace and it was memorizing. She could only see parts of him, his body was lean and muscular, well formed abs and chiseled chest. His muscle rippled as he leaped, twisting to perform the aerial dance to perfection. His hair was as sliver as the new moon. There was something on top of his head that she couldn't quite see what it was, his skin looked liked he had been burned from staying out in the sun for way too long. In other words he took her breath away. She stood in the shadows hoping that she would go undetected by anyone. What she didn't know was that someone had turned around and spotted her the moment she had come out of the tepee.

She stood there and watched as the ceremony ended with the object of her desirer standing in front of the fire saying something she couldn't hear. Then the drums stopped and everyone started to disburse. The man started to pull off his headgear and that's when she noticed that he had two little cute dog-ears on top of his head and his eyes were as golden as the sun. They were breath taking. She noticed another man approaching him to help him with the ceremonial dress when she saw him lean in and whisper something to him. He became livid and turned around to stare directly at her. She thought that with the cover of night that no one would be able to see her but she was wrong, he saw her standing there and there eyes locked together. She started to panic and tried to get into the forest before any of them caught her. But before she could make it into the forest, he appeared right in front of her blocking her path into the forest. (Jinx: *pouts while holding arm* Mike you know you deserved it! Cindy: *sigh* mike I wasn't being serious)

"And were do you think you're going" she looked at him with confusion. She understood that he was speaking Cherokee but she was too scared to answer him. The look on the girls face began to frustrate Inuyasha. He forgot that probably she could not speak his language. Sango couldn't at first but she started learning it since she has been with the tribe. He rubbed his hands in his hair and stared straight at her. He started walking towards her and she started taking steps backwards trying to get away from him. With amazing speed he scooped her up and brought her back to the tepee and placed her back on the blankets and left. She sat there staring at his back as he retreated back out the entrance. `That was weird' she thought to herself as she sat on the blankets in silence.

Inuyasha went back to the ceremonial area and found Miroku; he asked him if he could get Sango to into the tepee to talk to the girl. Miroku went off in search of her to relay the message. Inuyasha hurried back to the tepee to find the girl trying to leave again. When she looked up she spotted him at the entrance and immediately sat back down. "Welcome" he looked at her for a minute before continuing. "What is your name?" she did not respond to his question. Then he turned and saw Sango come into the tepee and quickly told her what he wanted her to do. She nodded and walked towards Kagome. "Hi, my name is Sango, what's yours?" Kagome eyes widen she spoke her language. "Hi, my name is Kagome" the girl responded and looked to where Inuyasha was standing. She looked back at Sango and asked "please tell me where I am, I have to find my mother and grandfather" Sango looked from her to Inuyasha and tried to answer the girl and not piss off the Indian population in the process. "You are in the Indian village of Inutaisho." Kagome eyes widen to this information. She was nowhere near her grandfather's village, which was Pawnee. "Do you know where Atchison is?" Sango looked at her strangely and turned to Inuyasha and asked him her question. He shakes his head and lifted his shoulders in an 'I don't know' answer. "I'm sorry but we don't know of a tribe called Atchison".

Horror started settling in on Kagome. She sat there trying to think when Sango put her hand on her shoulder and gently said. "Kagome why don't you lay down and rest, you have been though a lot today and need it. We can talk in the morning and maybe figure something out o.k.?" Kagome nodded her agreement, she was tired and her head hurt, maybe in the morning they could help her find her family. With that she lay down and pulled the shirt that had been covering her earlier and fell quickly asleep.

Sango and Inuyasha walked outside after the girl had fallen asleep. "She's looking for her family," she told Inuyasha, "well she can't go to them, and she has to travel with us now." Sango looked at him with a worried expression on her face. "She sounds confused, like she is out of place here. Her clothes are different from the ones the settlers wear too. I have never seen articles like these before." Inuyasha stared at her for a moment "I will need you to help me get her ready in the morning to move with the tribe. I will try to find something more suitable for her to wear. What she has on now will not protect her with the cold days coming." Sango nodded her agreement and then went inside the tepee and lie down next to Kagome and fell asleep. (Mike: *glares at jinx* you should maybe try taking some advice from Sango here! Jinx: *sticks tongue out* Cindy: he's right you know. Jinx: what are you all ganging up on me now?)

Inuyasha walked over to the side of the tepee where he had put a vase with water in it and started washing the paint off his skin. He could feel it starting to itch and he needed to get it off before it caused the rash. Once he was cleaned and dried off he went inside the tepee and lay down near Kagome. He new that it was going to be one of those nights that sleep would elude him, making him stay awake all night. But tonight, no sooner had he lain down than the girls wonderful scent hit his nose and he was out like a light. He didn't even hear when Miroku came in and laid down next to Sango.

The next day Kagome was awaken by someone poking her in the ribs. (Mike: *ahem* sound familiar? Jinx: What!? Cindy: I know that's how you wake him up!) She rolled over and said "one more minute mom, then I'll get up" Inuyasha laughed at her and poked her again this time a little harder. She sat up with such speed that it knocked him on his butt. He glared at her and then said "Oi, good morning" she looked at him with a blank expression on her face and he continued. "How are you?" still no answer. He sighed and got up and went out the tepee. `Now that was weird, he was actually trying to be nice to me. Not at all like last night, he had stared at me with such angry eyes. Maybe he was mad at me for trying to leave. That's it, I guess I should apologize to him for doing that and maybe answer him in his language, and it might make things a little easier.'

She started to get up and then quickly sat back down when her leg had gone numb and wouldn't support her weight. Sango came in shortly after that and looked at her with concern. "What's wrong Kagome? Does your leg bother you?" Kagome looked up into the other woman eyes and smiled "No Sango it doesn't hurt, it just fell asleep on me so I'm rubbing it to make the feeling come back into it." Sango started to laugh and helped the girl up to her feet and out of the tepee. "Kagome, the tribe is getting ready to move to its winter location. I need you to stay here and stay out of the way. When I come back we can talk about where your family is o.k.? Kagome looked at her and smiled happily and nodded her agreement to her request. Then Sango turned around slowly and left the girl sitting on a rock in front of the tepee, `too bad Kagome will never see her family again she is a captive like me with no choice but to travel with the tribe.' She thought, as she got busy doing her chores before they were ready to leave.

Inuyasha had been really busy that morning; he had procured new clothing for the girl along with some shoes that will keep her warm. `I will give them to her later right now we have no time for her to change into them plus Sango is not there to help her'. He was currently busy packing the packhorses with all of their belongings. The only things left to pack was his stuff because Miroku had packed his already. He walked up to the tepee and went in and grabbed everything that was on the ground along with a bag and walked back out. He saw Kagome sitting on the rock and went over to her grabbed her by the arm and pulled her along with him. Kagome was totally confused she didn't know where this guy with the cute ears was taking her when he suddenly stopped. Inuyasha knew she would not be able to understand what he was saying so he spoke and used hand jesters to get his point across to Kagome that he wanted her to pack the bag. After showing her once she got the idea and started packing the pack, extremely please with himself for getting her to understand him so well he tackled the task of taking down the tepee and packing it up.

He took out the middle pole and then the remaining seven poles. He took them to the forest edge and put the poles down there. He needed to get the 14 buffalo hides that made the outside of the tepee folded and packed. When he turned and walked back to where the tepee stood he noticed that Kagome was trying to straighten out the hide. He was amazed he didn't think she could be useful without being told to do something. He quickly ran over to her and showed her what she needed to do. The hides were way too heavy to move all together so he showed her how to untie them into two per stripe and then roll them up. Together they took them apart, rolled them all, and helped packed them on the horses.

Kagome stood there watching Inuyasha as he packed the horses with the hides. It was so cute how he tried to get her to understand his request. She still had not told him that she speaks his language; she was having too much fun having him fumble around trying to find the words to speak to her. She was so busy watching him that she did not notice Miroku approach her from behind. The only thing she felt was the slight rubbing on her rear when she screamed "Kyaaaaaaa!!!!" and turned around quickly slapping Miroku in the face. Then she proceeded to give the man a piece of her mind.

`Boy I can't believe how easy it was to get Kagome to help me break down the tepee. It would have taken me another hour to do it by myself. She is a lot stronger than she appears.' Inuyasha was so engrossed in his train of thought that the only indication that Kagome was in danger was her scream. He quickly rounded the horses and he saw Miroku on the ground holding his cheek with a very pissed off Kagome yelling at him at the top of her lungs with words he could not understand. But he knew what he must have done and he stalked over to his brother and picked him up by the shirt shaking him for all he was worth. "Don't you ever and I mean ever lay a hand on Kagome, or any other female in this tribe? If I ever catch you doing that again there will be nothing on this earth that would stop me from killing you. I could care less what you do with Sango but this one is off limits. Do I make my self clear?" Miroku glared at his bother and said "Mama, consider me thoroughly chastised. It will never happen again." Said Miroku trying to clam the infuriated hanyou "It better not" growled Inuyasha.

Kagome saw her protector grab Miroku, as he was called and gave him a thorough tongue-lashing. She understood what he was saying, `so this was his brother, boy they are nothing alike. I have to ask Sango about this later.' She thought. Just then she saw Inuyasha let Miroku go and walked over to her and grabbed her by the arm and lead her toward the horses. He pointed to the horse in front of her and said, "sit" and pointed at the horses back. She looked at her feet moving them from side to side. She had never ridden a horse before, but before she could utter a word she felt two strong hands grab her around her waist and lifted her onto the horses back. She grabbed a hand full of hair from the horse's mane and held on for dear life. Inuyasha then took the horses reins and lead the horse along with the packhorse to the rest of the tribe. Miroku followed behind with the rest of the packhorses and a rider less horse. Sango came up to them and got on the rider less horse that Miroku held by the reins. Sango looked at Kagome and with a smile on her face and said, "You have never ridden a horse before have you?" Kagome shook her head no "all you have to do is hold on to the horses mane like you are doing and use your knees to steady you on the horse. Rock with him when he starts to move and you should be o.k." Inuyasha heard the exchange between the two girls and asked Sango what was wrong. "Oh nothing, she has never ridden a horse before" horror showed on Inuyasha face, `she doesn't know how to ride, fuck, this is going to be one very long trip if I'm force to ride with her all day' suddenly a nice warm feeling started settling in on Inuyasha body, making him warm all over. `Shit what is with me? I actually got excited thinking about riding all day with the wench' he started to emit a low growl from deep in his throat. It was time to join the tribe for the move south.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mike: whoa whoo!!

Jinx: what are you doing?

Mike: nothing!

Jinx: you're doing something?

Cindy: I think he's reading lemons?

Mike:*nervous laughter*

Jinx: lemons you and I don't want to read.

Cindy: I agree *walks away with jinx*

Mike: what!?

Hi everyone! I hope that you are enjoying the story. But sadly I might not post any more chapters if no one will review and tell me if they like it or hate it. I don't know how to improve if you don't let me know. It's my first fan fic and I did it as a favor to a friend. But unless I get some reviews I will quit posting. So this is your chance to tell me what you think. PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!