InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ Chapter 5

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Jinx: so…….chapter 5. *sigh*

Mike: Yeah *sigh*

Cindy: what's up with you guys?

Jinx: Mike's being a butt!

Mike: Jinx is being a booger!

Jinx: *giggle* booger

Cindy: *sigh*

Chapter 5

Kagome sat on top of her horse as Inuyasha lead the horses to the main group of the tribe. Upon stopping the horses he gave his reins over to Miroku saying that he had to speak to his father before they headed out. In a flash she saw him bounding towards the middle of the tribe in search of his father. Kagome took this opportunity to talk to Sango, "Hey Sango, you are not Cherokee are you?" Sango was taken aback by her question but replied, "No, I'm not. How did you know?" Kagome looked downcast and answered. "I noticed that you don't speak as well as they do, like you just learned their language recently" she looked up into the girls eyes, Sango sigh and said "I was captured during a raid on our village, Miroku saved me from getting killed and now I have been with him for over six month. They say that if they touch you they are responsible for your well-being and safety. This he has done very well but he has a wondering hand that just pisses me off to no end." Kagome laughed at this "Yeah I know I have already been introduced to it." Sango gave Kagome a look of pure horror as she continued "But, the guy with the white hair, Inuyasha I think his name is, almost beat the living crap outta him." Sango laughed at this, Inuyasha has never taken an interest in stopping Miroku before. But now that he has to be responsible for Kagome he has taken that to a new level.

Kagome had a thought in her mind she didn't want to ask this question but she had no choice. "Sango, what year is this?" Sango looked at her strangely and replied, "The year is 1604, why?" Kagome face turned white as a ghost, `1604, I have gone back four hundred years into the past.' Kagome sat there trying to digest everything that has happened to this point then she looked at Sango with watery eyes and said, "They aren't going to help me find my mother are they?" "No" was Sango's only reply.

Kagome sat there on her horse wondering what she was going to do. She didn't know how she got here and her family was 400 years in the future. That well, it must have brought me here, that's it; it has to be the answer. The only way for me to get home will be for me to get back to the well. Yea like I'm going to be able to do that! I have no idea where I am.' She sighs and remained quite. Sango looked at her friend with sad eyes, `poor Kagome, now she knows she is a captive like me. I hope she doesn't try anything stupid, Inuyasha would kill her if she tried to run.' (Mike: I've tried that with Jinx, you barley make it out the door! Jinx: I let you go out the door! Mike: yeah when you need to take me somewhere! Cindy: god you two act like your married)

Inuyasha was searching for his father among the sea of bodies. After about five minutes he spotted him in the center of some elders. He waited until his father had finished before he approached him. "Hey dad" Inutaisho turned to see his son coming towards him, `oh, I'm not in the mood to argue with him today' thought his father dryly. "Hey dad you know that responsibility you gave me, well she can't even ride a horse" `uh oh this is not going to go good for him if he starts complaining about the girl' thought his father to himself. Inuyasha had just reached his father and stood there not wanting to look at his father when he said "Well, I was wondering if I could leave the group for a while and go teach her how to ride." Inuyasha was looking at the ground moving his feet back and forth waiting for his father to reply to his question. He had no desire to look at the elder man in the face if he decided that the riding lesson had to wait. He was prepared to argue the point with him if he had to.

The request that Inuyasha made caught Inutaisho by surprise. He was expecting his son to rant and rave about the girl and how he was not going to teach her anything. But instead he asked for permission to do just that and was worried, by the look on his son's face of being turned down. This was a nice turn of events. "Well if you think you can teach her then by all means take the time. We have enough protectors for the tribe for now, so I see no reason why you couldn't" this statement made Inuyasha very happy and Inutaisho saw that gleam in his son's eyes. "Just make sure that you catch up with us on the second day." "O.K. dad we will" and with that he turned around and made his way back to where his Kagome and the others were. `Wait a minute since when is she my Kagome, since the minute you set eyes on her, said the little voice inside his head. Get outta of my head I don't need you to telling me what to fucking think, ah but you do like the girl don't you?' Inuyasha was so irritated with himself that he didn't hear that Kikyou was speaking to him.

"Inuyasha, didn't you hear me?" he quickly snapped out of his daze and answered her "No I didn't I had something on my mind" well that wasn't an absolute lie now was it. "I said where, did you go last night I waited for you to come by but you never did." "Kikyou, we need to talk" he had a very serious expression on his face so she walked over to her bags and sat on one of them. Inuyasha followed her and sat right in front of her. Taking a deep breath he began "Kikyou I want to tell you something before you hear about it from someone else." She looked at him with a blank expression on her face. He then proceeded to tell her about finding Kagome, what she had done to save the child and that he had saved her life then brought her back to the village. Kikyou's eyes widen at his last statement.

"You touched her, you know what happens if you touch her" Inuyasha ears flatten on top of his head to prevent them from getting hurt from her yelling and looked down at his hands. "Yes, I know what happens; father already told me that I am responsible for her. I didn't have a chance to ask Miroku to take the blame for having her with the tribe. Father spotted me coming out of the forest with her in my arms." Kikyou was very pissed now "Why couldn't you just leave her in the forest then?" Inuyasha eyes widen, `I can't believe she just said that.' "Kikyou you know full well that I couldn't do that. She had risked her life to save a child from this tribe. Tribal customs dictate that I would have to make sure that she survived. She was wounded pretty badly." "If she was wounded that badly then why did no one come and get me? I am the tribal medicine woman am I not?" she stated harshly. (Mike: yeah but she's a big time bitch!) Inuyasha cringed at the remark made by her before he answered her question. "Father wanted me to treat her wounds, he said that I was responsible for her being there and that no one is to touch her but me." `Well it is almost what he said. Just a little over exaggerated to fit this situation' he thought to himself.

Kikyou was thinking rapidly, `he has just ruined all of my plans, now he has other responsibilities and he is taking them very seriously. I would have to get rid of this girl as soon as possible' she thought with and evil smirk. She would have to get in contact with her friends and have it taken care of. "Well Inuyasha that will explain why I didn't see you last night. When will I get to see you again?" Kikyou didn't want to relinquish her control over him yet. She had to get him to come back so that the spell can be completed. Without it he would realize what was happening. Inuyasha had to choose his words carefully he didn't want to get her pissed off and not tend to the tribes needs. "I don't know, I have an errand to run for my father and it's going to take me about two days, so after I get back I guess." "Well I guess I will see you when you get back then" with that she got up and started packing her packhorse for the journey.

As soon as Inuyasha had left Kikyou she turned around and walked straight into the forest. She walked until she was out of hearing range of the tribe and then she whistled. She waited and whistled again, this time there was a reply whistle. She waited as a cloud of wind came to a stop in front of her.

There stood Kouga the chief of the wolf tribe from the other side of the mountain. He approached her and as he did he embraced her and gave her a long and passionate kiss, which she did not pull away from. She stood in Kouga's embrace until he let go of her and then he stared into her dark brown eyes, "What is it my love? I thought we were going to meet in a day's time?" Kikyou looked into his soft blue eyes and responded, "We have a problem, it seems that Inuyasha has taken a captive and he is taking his responsibility very seriously." (Jinx: maybe you should learn a thing or two from him MIKE. Mike: *stuffs to-do list in mouth* what!? Cindy: HEY! That was my to-do list!)

"What do I care what dog turd does?" said Kouga in a very angry voice. Kikyou rolled her eyes and continued, "If Inuyasha takes this duty too seriously all of our plans will be for nothing. All of your attacks on the invaders and every effort we made to make it look like Inutaisho tribe did it would be wasted if I can't complete my spell on Inuyasha. He has been the key in all of this. He hasn't remembered a thing about helping us get rid of the invaders, with him being the only one that the survivors see attack their settlement they will come after Inutaisho tribe. The spell puts him under my control and if he is not under my control then all of our plans to take over this territory will be in vain."

Kouga looked at her for a few minutes then sighed and said, "What do you want me to do?" He knew that Kikyou was right without Inuyasha under her spell all of their efforts will be for nothing. Kikyou eyes sparkled evilly and stated, "I want you to kill the girl." With that Kouga kissed his woman once again and took off into the night. `I will not have that wench ruin everything that I have planned for so long. I will rule this territory along with Kouga, if it's the last thing I do" she turned around and headed back to the tribe.

Off in the forest a lone figure stood watching as the young girl and her friend were speaking to one another. `Um, I have to get her away from Inuyasha for a while. Her aura is amazing I have yet to see the like in anyone before. But there is something more about her something that has been kept sealed for years, for this spell is powerful and I'm afraid that I will not be able to break it.' She pondered this thought for a while, then she came to a conclusion, `if I can't fully break this spell maybe I can weaken it to allow the girl to break it herself. Now to get her away from the tribe and Inuyasha before he's return.'

She turned to the small flea sitting on her shoulder and spoke to him. "Myoga, I want ye to go down there and cause a disturbance to allow the horse that is holding the strange girl to leave the tribal area. Before ye do make sure that the horse understands what is going on and tell him to take the girl to the river. Tell him to make sure she does not fall off in the process of him leaving because I don't think she can ride very well. Do ye understand what ye need to do?" "Yes my lady, I do understand what needs to be done." Myoga left and bounded down to the horse that held the strange girl. Climbing into the horse's ear he quickly proceeded to tell him what was about to happen and when he felt the reins loosen to bolt with the girl to the river making sure he didn't loose the girl in the process. The horse gently nodded his head in understanding and got ready.

Myoga then proceeded to the other horse that held Sango. He talked to it in much the same way as the other horse. The horse agreed to help and got ready. After a few minutes he signals Sango's horse to proceed. The horse bolted, and then reared on his hind legs going crazy with Sango still on top of him holding on for dear life. The horse continued this until Miroku released the reins of Inuyasha horse and gave his full attention to the horse that Sango was currently on.

Kagome looked on in horror as the horse Sango was sitting on started bucking and standing up on it rear legs, clearly not happy about something. She saw as Miroku released the reins of her horse and tried to clam the one that Sango was currently on. Then her horse started moving on his own and she held on for dear life. She had no idea where the horse was going but without the reins she couldn't even being to stop him. So she just rode and tried to stay on as best she could. The horse made its way out of the tribal area and started going in a faster pace toward the river. Making sure that the female that was riding him did not slip off or hurt her self. All the while no one noticed or sensed the figure that was following the girl on horseback. (Jinx: Spooky! *shifty eyes* Mike and Cindy: *sigh*)

Back at the tribal area Miroku finally got the horse under control when Inuyasha came barreling in to see what had happened. Miroku quickly explained that Sango's horse had bolted and reared but was now clam again. Inuyasha looked around and asked Miroku where Kagome was. He started to turn and indicate the she was still sitting on the horse behind him when he noticed that the horse was gone. He looked at his brother's face "I don't know were she is, I had to let go of the reins to help Sango get control over her horse. I didn't think that the horse would go away with her" Inuyasha face turned pale white if that was at all possible. "You mean to tell me that she is still on the horse with no reins?"

The only thing Miroku could do was nod his head yes. "I'm going after her, you will proceed with the rest of the tribe to the winter land, and I will follow soon after, once I have caught up with her and the horse. Don't expect me for a couple of days; I want to teach her how to ride to prevent this from happening again." Miroku nodded his understanding and Inuyasha took off into the forest following the girl's scent. Miroku turned his gaze toward Sango, who was still kind of shook up from the ordeal and smiled one of his most trademark smiles at her. Full understanding of that smile came to her and she slowly looked away and started shaking her head, muttering `pervert' under her breath.

The horse that Kagome was riding on slowly came to a halt at the river. She looked around at the beautiful landscape and thought `this is the most amazing place I have ever seen. It is so beautiful and quite here. I have never been to a place like this. I feel so right at home. Like I've been here before'. She just let the sun hit her in the face for a little while and then decided to get off the horse in cases he decided to bolt again. She knew someone would be coming to look for her soon.

She carefully slid down off the horses back and went around the front and grabbed the reins to prevent the horse from leaving. She gently reached a hand up and caressed the horse's ear with her hand as she quietly spoke to it. "Why did you bring me here? Um, I know you can understand me so don't try to shy away from me." The horse tried pulling away but the girl held him fast with great strength. The horse gently lowered his head in shame and nuzzled her under her chin in a silent apology for taking her here. She rubbed his ears as an apology accepted kind of way and then turned around to look at the river with all its beauty. (Mike: uh……. Jinx: what are you dumbfounded? Mike: uh…. Jinx: oh wait you'd have to be smart first to be dumbfounded. Mike: *hits Jinx* Cindy: you people drive me nuts)

The lone figure that had been following the girl had come to rest near a tree. He watched as the girl climbed off the horse and started petting it. He had an arrow locked into his bow and was taking aim at the girl waiting for his moment when he would finish her off.

The old woman who had been waiting at the river for the girl paused to see what the girl was doing. She had seen her look at her surroundings with such awe and bliss. She then slid off the horse and grabbed the reins tightly in her hands. She was talking to the animal as if it would understand what she was saying. She saw the horse nuzzle the young girl under her chin as a sign of apology that she knew all too well from tending to so many in the forest. This amazed the old woman. `I had no idea that she could speak with the animals. This is very strange indeed.' The old woman did not notice the lone figure in the tree taking aim at the helpless girl. But she did hear the sound of rushing feet that indicated that Inuyasha had caught up with the girl. `Oh well I guess I will have to get her alone some other time'. She started to turn when she heard the young girls cry and saw her go down with an arrow in her chest. Panic started to settle in on the old woman as she tried to make her way to the poor girl. "Please let her be o.k." she muttered on her way to the girl.

Inuyasha was making his way through the forest following the girl's scent. The horse seemed to be heading towards the river; maybe I will be able to catch up to her there. Coming into a clearing he stopped as he saw the girl standing next to the horse holding the reins tightly in her hand. He made a big sigh, glad that the girl was o.k. Then called out to her as he approached, The Kagome turned at the sound of her name being called. As she was turning an arrow hit her in the chest and she let out a scream of agony before passing out on the ground. Inuyasha hearing her scream and saw the arrow hit, bolted to where the girl was lying all the while calling her name. "Kagome! Kagome!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mike: I have something to say!

Cindy: and that would be?

Jinx: you're going straight?

Mike: *glares at Jinx*

Jinx: it was just a question, see the question mark says so *points to question mark*

Mike: *glares harder*

Cindy: I think now would be a good time to run.

Jinx: *begins to run*

Mike: *chuckle* she is so easy to freak out.

Hi everyone! I said that I wouldn't post another chapter until you all reviewed but this one was ready so I decided to post it anyway. Please review and let me know what you think or this will be the last chapter I post. Happy Reading and PLEASE REVIEW.