InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ Chapter 8

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Jinx: *holds up fists* you people better start reviewing this story!

Mike: you do know that you can't really punch them right?

Cindy: she can imagine things if she wants to on the other hand you and I are going to walk away as if we don't know her.

Mike: and Cindy: *walks away*

Jinx: YOU GUYS ARE SO MEAN TO ME!

Chapter 8

Inuyasha was the first to awaken to the glorious morning that greeted him. He was in heaven. Even though the sun was shinning in his eyes, when he looked down he saw that Kagome had rolled in her sleep and was now cuddled against his chest fast asleep. He had smelled her hair all night; her scent had a calming affect on him and he loved it. He slowly unwrapped, his strong arms from around her being careful not to wake her and got up.

"Kirara" he called in a whisper and the cat jumped down from the tree. "Please keep an eye on Kagome while I go hunting for breakfast" the cat meowed happily hoping to get a good meal out of it and lay down next to the girl. He put more wood on the fire to keep it going and went towards the river to fish.

Kagome woke up to the smell of something cooking. Her stomach answered her question of being hungry when it growled at her. She slowly sat up and noticed that Inuyasha was no longer next to her like he was last night. She rubbed her eyes and looked around and saw him sitting by the fire cooking some fish. He turned around and greeted her cheerfully, "Good Morning, hope you slept well." She gave him a big smile and replied, "Yes I did. How about you?" He smiled at her and said, "Yes, the best I have slept in a long time." She was smiling and then turned three different shades of red from what he had just said. He saw this and chuckled to himself, "hey Kagome you hungry? I have some fish ready to eat". She looked up at him with a big grin on her face and said, "YES!!" (Jinx: why couldn't it have been Sloppy Joe's now those are good! I hate fish hey Cindy why didn't you make it Sloppy Joe's? *looks around* Cindy? Mike? Where'd you guys go?)

Once they were done with breakfast they packed everything away and got ready to leave. "Kagome stay here a minute I want to scout ahead to see which way the tribe went." She nodded that she understood him as he made his way through the trees in search of the tribe's tracks. She sat there for a few minutes and then decided that she could at least ride to where he was. But when she looked at the horse she noticed how high he was, she didn't have anything to stand on to get on his back. So she took a step toward the horse and whispered in his ear "do you think you could kneel down so I could get on your back?" The horse just shook his head and proceeded to kneel down on his front legs to allow her to get on his back. She thanked him and grabbed the reins and pulled it over his head and then jumped on. Once she was on she told him to get up and he complied.

Inuyasha had gone only a little way in the forest before he found what he was looking for and headed back towards Kagome. When he reached the clearing where she was what he saw amazed him. Kagome had said something to the horse and then the horse kneeled down to allow her to climb on his back. When she was on he then stood up, she proceeded to turn the horse around to follow Inuyasha into the forest. Inuyasha saw that she was about to turn the horse in his direction and quickly leaped into the air and landed right behind her on the horse. Kagome almost fell off the horse with the sudden impact of something getting on but Inuyasha's arms held onto her and kept her from falling. She turned ever so slightly to look up to his face and he said, "I have found their tracks they lead toward the south, we must follow." He then turned the horse around and started after the tribe. All the while holding on to Kagome with one arm around her waist, (Jinx: aw *dreamy expression* Mike: she'll be like that for hours Cindy: what do you want to do until then?)

After a while of riding full speed he slowed the horse down to a trot. He could smell the tribe not too far ahead of them and he was not ready to join them just yet. He still had to give Kagome her riding lesson.

"Kagome" he said during the silent ride. She looked up and said, "yes" and he proceeded "How did you get on the horse? You had nothing to stand on to get up this high?" He knew the answer to his question but he wanted to see how she would respond. "Well…. I was too short to climb on his back, so…… I asked him if he could kneel so I could get up on him." She must have turned 5 shades of red from embarrassment at not being able to get on a horse by herself. He let out a small laugh and said, "So that's how you did it. That was pretty clever of you." He stopped the horse and said, "I want you to learn how to ride. I don't want you to get pulled away like yesterday." She nodded her understanding and he jumped off the horse. She got a wicked look in her eye when he started explaining what to do.

She listened to what he had to say and then said, "Oh, like this" and she took off on the horse. Leaving a dumb founded Inuyasha in her wake. You could hear her laughter as she rode like an expert down the trail. Inuyasha quickly regained his composure and went after her. She soon pulled the horse into a trot and looked behind her and noticed that he was not following her. She frowned and was about to turn the horse around when someone grabbed her from behind and pulled her from the horse to the ground. She was about to scream her head off when she noticed it was Inuyasha and he had an evil grin on his face.

"So you think that was funny do you?" he said with that evil grin on his face. He had her on the ground and was on top of her. "Yes" was all she had to say and when she noticed that he was on top of her she turned 8 shades of red and looked away from his eyes. Noticing this and how red she was turning he couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. Then he noticed that he was on top of her and quickly got off, his own face turning red from embarrassment. "Sorry, I didn't mean that to happen" was all he could say. She got up and brushed herself off and noticed the state of her clothes.

They were torn and bloodied. She looked at herself in discussed and Inuyasha noticed this. He saw what she was looking at and said "Don't worry I have new clothes for you once we reach the tribe." She was very happy to at least get out of her torn clothes. He helped her up on her horse and he jumped behind her and they started to head towards the tribe.

During the long ride Kagome had fallen asleep. He held her in his strong arms while she slept; she looked so beautiful. `Why do I have these feeling towards her? I'm in love with Kikyou; I can't be having these feeling towards this girl. Ah, but you are. She doesn't mind if you hold her or embrace her like Kikyou does. Kikyou never wants you to touch her.' He thought about this for a while, `it's true Kikyou never wants me to touch her. She never wants me to hold her. But Kagome is different. She looks for my embraces and my touches. She never shies away from me. This is such a wonderful feeling, he felt warm all over like she was meant to be in his arms.' They continued down the trail when he heard Kagome whimper at him in Inu Youkai language:

: Beta male:

: Yes pack female:

: Danger

: Danger? Where?:

: Up ahead pack in danger:

: Many men:

: Want to harm pack, we must go and help them:

: Quickly beta male, or pack will die:

Inuyasha took all of this in. She had been full of surprises the whole entire trip and he had underestimated her several times now. In his gut he knew that what she was saying was true they had to hurry to catch up to the tribe. So he moved the horse and took off at a very fast pace to reach the tribe in time.

Within 20 minutes of hard riding they had reached the tribe. He had called out to his father, knowing that he could hear him to stop the march. (Mike: wouldn't that be cool to communicate like that? Cindy: yeah I guess Jinx: uh no you'd end up making everything perverted, I mean you're perverted enough as it is. Mike: am not! Jinx: I live with you I know how perverted you are! Mike: what's that have to do with anything! Jinx: it just does ok! Cindy *in the background sighing holding the bridge of nose*)

Inutaisho had sensed his sons approaching the tribe. He was glad that he was back with them then he heard his son calling to him.

: Leader Male:

: Yes Beta Male:

: You must stop the pack danger ahead:

When Inutaisho heard this he quickly called everyone to a halt and waited for his son to catch up to the rest of the tribe. Miroku being the closet to the elder man asked, "What's wrong? Why are we stopping?" "There is danger up ahead and I must wait for Inuyasha to catch up with us." But before he could ask another question Inuyasha came riding up hard behind them. "Father we must speak, quickly, alone" Inutaisho looked at his son strangely and then followed him away from the tribe. When they were away from hearing range he spoke but in Inu Youkai language:

: Leader Male, we have many men up hiding on the ridge up ahead:

: How do you know this Beta male? I smell nothing:

: This pack female senses them, she told me:

Inutaisho looked at the sleeping girl in his arms and said "how could this girl know what is up ahead she is asleep. Now if this is a joke t" he was cut off by Inuyasha's growl as it grew threatening. "I know what she said and I have been though a lot in the past two days but she wouldn't lie about something like this please listen." Inutaisho stared at his son and nodded his agreement to listen. Inuyasha turned to the sleeping female in his arms and asked in Inu Youkai language:

: Pack female:

: Yes, beta male:

: Do you still feel the danger:

: Danger is near, many men with horses. They are up on the ridge to the east and west. They plan on attaching the pack and kill everyone. Beta male we must protect pack:

Inutaisho eyes grew wide, "How does she know our language? Not even the best warriors of our tribe know our secret code. So how does she know this?" "She must be under a trans that enables her to magnify her senses. I don't know how she knows our code, when she is awake she has no understanding of the language. I have tried to get her attention with it before but she doesn't understand. But when she is asleep she can understand it with no problem. She has not been wrong before and I know she is not wrong now. Kaede told me not to underestimate her," said his son. Inutaisho eyes widen even more "You have seen Kaede?" he asked "Yes but later right now we must get the tribe to safety" Inutaisho agreed. "Can she sense a trail that would lead our people away from danger?" "I'll asked her"

: Pack female:

: Yes beta male:

: Is there a way around the men that we could travel with the pack:

: Yes:

Kagome slowly sat up pushing herself away from Inuyasha, her eyes opened and the color of her eyes were different they where the same golden color as his. Both him and his father looked at each other in awe. "We must head in that direction," she was pointing toward another path that was rarely used because of the rough terrain, and the girl had spoken in there own native tongue. He shook his head in total confusion and headed toward Miroku.

Miroku had been watching with interest. He had seen Inuyasha arrive with the sleeping girl in his arms. He had been talking to their father for a while. He saw him asks Inuyasha a question and then saw the girl sit up on the horse and point in another direction. "Miroku have the tribe start taking that trail. It will lead us away from the danger." He nodded his understanding and headed toward the front of the line to direct them down the other path. Once that was done and the tribe started moving again. He quickly told the lead scouts that there was danger ahead and that they were to go around it. They did not want to endanger the tribe. They nodded that they understood and went on ahead of the tribe to scout for danger.

Miroku went back to Inutaisho and reported. "The tribe is heading down the other trail; I have informed the scouts of the situation and the change in plans." Inutaisho nodded at what he was told. `Um Miroku took care of everything like usual, at least we prevented blood shed today' was all he thought about. "Miroku go back with the tribe I want to have a word with Inuyasha. We will catch up to you in a few minutes." Miroku inclined his head slightly hearing what the older man had said. Then he looked at his brother with a slight smile on his face and left the two alone.

(Jinx: *hugs Mike* your still perverted Mike: I know Cindy: do you two always fight like this. Mike and Jinx: *nods head*)

Inutaisho approached his son and the sleeping girl in his arms. "When we stop for the night you must tell me everything that has happen in the last two days. Something tells me it is going to be very interesting." He smiled at his son as he started to turn his horse toward the tribe. Inuyasha called out to him to stop and said "Please dad, don't let anyone know that she can speak our tongue. I know that no one knows about our inu youkai language but the fewer people that know about her understanding what they are saying the better." Inutaisho looked at his son but understood what he was saying, he wanted to protect her and the only way to do that is to make sure no one knew that she could speak our language. He nodded his agreement and went back to the tribe.

After a few minutes Inuyasha tried to wake Kagome up. He called her name gently and she started to stir in his arms. When Kagome opened her eyes she saw a bright pair of golden ones staring right back at her. With a smile she greeted him. "Kagome, please don't let anyone know that you can speak our tongue." "Why?" "Because I want to protect you and the only way to do that is to make sure that everyone thinks you can't understand them o.k." She nodded her head in agreement and he took off after the tribe catching up with his father with a now awake Kagome in front of him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cindy: on to the next chapter!

Mike and Jinx: ok! *March with Cindy to next chapter*

Villakitty somewhere in the next couple of chapters you will find the answer to the box. Keep reading to find out. As for the rest of you PLEASE REVIEW!!!!! *Points finger at you*