InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ Chapter 10

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The little funny thing we do in this chapter (at least we think it is funny) is for `Vellakitty' she wanted to know what was with the box ^^ so enjoy the chapter and enjoy our editor notes ^^ but enjoy the chapter more *holds up fist* you better! Mike and Cindy: *sigh*

Jinx: *hugs box* I love you boxy *giggle*

Cindy: Mike, what's with that box?

Mike: I don't know she won't tell me?

Cindy: well I want to know. *sneaks up behind jinx*

Jinx: *jumps away hugging box* MINE!

Chapter 10

Kikyou was walking in the forest searching for her lover. She whistled again and this time she got a response back. When the wolf prince approached he sensed that she was not in a good mood. "What's wrong Kikyou?" "You didn't kill the girl liked I asked you too. She is still alive and in the village and now Inuyasha is protecting her more than ever. He had the nerve to come after me because I pushed his woman on the ground." "You mean he tried to hurt you?" Kouga said with a growl, clearly furious that someone would attempt to harm his woman. Kikyou got an evil thought `I could use this to my advantage, I will pit Kouga against Inuyasha in a fight to the finish, that way one of them will die or both.' "Yes, he tried to hurt me!" "I will get his woman and she will pay with her life" Kouga ran off into the darkness while Kikyou walked back to the tribe thinking that her plan this time is going to work. (Cindy: we got to find a way to get that box *rolls out plains* ok mike you come up from behind her while I distract her. Mike: I don't think this is going to work very well *points to jinx in background hugging boxy* I think she'll kill us if we touch it.)

*~*~*~*~**~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha refused to leave Kagome alone that night. The way Miroku was looking at her he was sure that he would have to pry him off of her. Miroku had this look on his face that even Sango had never seen before. `Is that lust I see in his eyes? He's never looked at me like that before' Sango had an idea and decided to act on it before she lost her nerve. She walked over to Inuyasha and said, "Could I speak to you for a minute" in a very low voice that only he could hear. He got up and followed her a few feet away but was still keeping guard over Kagome. "Inuyasha, she is in love with you." This statement took him by surprise. "She, love's me?" "Yes, she does but she doesn't think you will give her the time of day because you have Kikyou." He frowned and looked back at Kagome. "She actually thinks I will not give her the time of day because of Kikyou?" Sango sighed and said, "Yes". "Sango she is everything that I dreamed of in a mate. It's like we were meant to be." "I know Inuyasha but unless you express a desire in her she will not be here much longer." "What do you mean by that?" angered filled his voice. "I don't really know but it's just a feeling that I have. Unless you make her yours she will not be here for much longer."

Inuyasha was about to answer her when he noticed that Kagome had gotten up from her place and had her hand over her heart. Then he heard her speak in Inu Youkai Language.

: Beta male:

: Yes, pack female:

: Danger, wolves come, many of them they plan to attack. Must protect pack, quickly Beta male:

Inuyasha took off to where Kagome was standing and held her, he then looked into her eyes and saw that they had turned a golden color like his. He then turned around and spoke, "Miroku, gather the people have them get in the middle of the clearing, leave the women and children their along with some of the warriors to protect them. Have the rest of the warriors meet me by that tree. Place a protection barrier to protect those left behind and then join me. I am on my way to tell my father that we are about to be attacked by the wolf tribe." Miroku quickly, along with Sango, started to get the people together before the attack happen. Inuyasha then looked at Kagome and said, "What else do you sense?" She did not want to answer this question but she had no choice. If Beta male asked then he must be given an answer. "They are after me." Was all she said, Reality hit him in the face as he picked her up and ran toward where his father was standing, his father did not know what was happening. Inuyasha quickly filled him in on what Kagome had said while he was putting her down. Inutaisho eyes widen in disbelief. "Why would they attack us" "They want Kagome" was the replied he gave. "Well they are not going to get her." (Jinx: boxy, boxy, boxy, *hugs box* I love my box. Cindy: so…….Jinx, how's it going? GRAB IT! Jinx: what?! Mike: *grabs Jinx* Jinx: *kicks Mike in balls* Leave my box alone!)

They readied their warriors for the attack. All of the women and children, along with the elderly, and some warriors were sealed in the protection barrier that Miroku extended. Sango came to join Kagome and looked at the girl with concern. "Kagome what's wrong?" "The protection barrier is too weak, they will break through. Many will die I have to protect them." At that moment the wolf tribe attacked. Inuyasha and the others held their own against them. But some made their way to the main body of the tribe in search of the girl that they were told to capture. They reached the barrier and started to bring it down. At that moment Kagome rose to her feet and started glowing a beautiful blue, Sango was taken back by the site and yelped causing Inutaisho to turn around. He also saw the beautiful blue glow that she was emitting. She raised her hands up and muttered a chant and suddenly a new barrier appeared around them forcing the attacking wolves back. This barrier they could not break. It emitted a powerful aura that did not allow non-pack members in.

Inutaisho was very surprised by the girl's power; she was protecting the main tribe with her barrier. Kagome turn to him and spoke in his tongue not caring any more if people heard her. "The pack is loosing, many are hurt and dying, and I must go and help them before we loose them all." Before he could say anything she had spread her arms wide and in them appeared a gold bow and quiver of arrows. She then put them on her back and ran toward the barrier into the battle. There was nothing Inutaisho could do to stop her she was fast, too fast for him to grab her.

Inuyasha was fighting with the leader of the wolf pack, Kouga. They were both evenly matched and had about the same injuries. "Why are you attacking my tribe Kouga? We have always had an understanding that we would never attack each other. Why now?" "I want that female that you have. She will make a good addition to my tribe." Was all Kouga said as he attacked once more, (Cindy: we got to get that box! Mike: I told you it was going to be hard! Cindy: I'm getting that box, even if it is the last thing I do!)

Off in the distance Kagome was nearing the battle. She saw the wolves about to attack a bunch of her pack member when she drew her bow and an arrow. She locked it in place then the arrow started to glow bright blue and she let it go. At the same time she erected a barrier around her pack members to keep them safe as the arrow tore through the enemy killing them instantly. As she ran to be with Inuyasha she was emitting a healing aura to all the wounded pack members. All of the wounds on the warriors started to heal and they began to regain their strength. She was approaching were Inuyasha was at. She saw Miroku trying to fight off 6 attacking members of the wolf tribe. She took out another arrow and fired. The glowing blue arrow went straight to the enemy, killing them instantly. While a protection barrier kept Miroku safe. He blinked in confusion, wanting to know where the barrier came from. He turned around and saw Kagome with her hand held out protecting him from the blast she had created. `She has tremendous powers that even surpass my own. Who is she?'

While in middle of the attack both Inuyasha and Kouga stop their attack on one another to see where the blast had come from. Slowly turning around Inuyasha noticed a small glowing form coming his way at a very fast pace. When it stopped his mouth dropped open. It was Kagome. She had gotten more powerful since the last time he saw her use her powers. Kagome extended a hand toward Inuyasha and closed her eyes. She had to concentrate very hard to heal his wounds. She was growing tired with the fight and was getting weak but she had to protect the pack and especially Inuyasha. (Jinx: Cindy, why do you want to know what's with the box so bad? Cindy: uh….I doesn't know? Jinx: do you really want to know? Cindy: yes! Jinx: ok it's my…… Mike: *swings in on vein and knock jinx down* I got her! Cindy: I almost had her mike! Mike: oops)

Inuyasha felt the blue aura of Kagome wrap him in a warm embrace. He felt rejuvenated; all of his wounds were healed. He looked at Kagome and saw her waver a bit. He knew she had used a lot of her remaining strength to heal him and that was not good because it left her open to attack. Just then he saw his brother make his way toward her and stood next to her, ready to give his life to protect her. Inuyasha was now able to turn his attention back to the fight. "Now we end this."

With this Inuyasha attacked Kouga. Inuyasha being completely healed had the advantage over Kouga who was still wounded and bleeding pretty badly. But something off to the side caught Kouga's attention. Some of his men were making their way over to the girl and her companion. All he had to do was keep dog turd busy for a few more minutes and they would have the girl. Another scent caught Inuyasha off guard he quickly made a scan of the area and spotted some of Kouga's men making their way to Kagome and Miroku. All he could do was mutter

: Pack female behind you:

He hoped she would understand.

Upon hearing Inuyasha's warning Kagome turned around quickly and found several of Kouga's men had sneaked in behind her and Miroku. She quickly put up a barrier allowing Miroku to finish the intruders. But this left her even weaker than before. So she put a barrier round herself to keep her safe while Inuyasha finished his fight with Kouga. He needed to concentrate on what he was doing and couldn't be distracted by trying to protect her. Miroku saw the barrier around her body and stood in front ready to repel any danger away from her.

Inuyasha had just about enough of this wolf and made his final attack. Kouga realizing that he will never be able to win decided to run for the hills and try again some other day. Inuyasha saw that he had left and made no effort to follow him. He was tired and wanted to check on Kagome. When he approached Miroku he raised an eyebrow as if asking a question. Miroku answered the unasked question. "It's a protection barrier and even I can't break it, she is very powerful." (Jinx: ouch my head, *looks around for box* ah there you are *hugs box* they still don't know what you're for do they *evil laughter* Cindy: and we may never know either right? Mike: knowing her that would be a…… Mike and Cindy at some time: no!)

Inuyasha approached the barrier and knelt in front of it. He quietly spoke to Kagome. "Kagome, it's me please lower your barrier so we can get to you." Nothing happen, Kagome appeared asleep within the barrier. Inuyasha carefully put his hand on the barrier, it tickled at first but his body was allowed into the barrier with Kagome. He moved toward her and picked her up in his arms. He kissed her on the lips for the first time since they had met. It was the most amazing kiss he had ever felt. Her lips were soft and warm to the touch. She started to stir in his embrace and started to kiss him back. He enjoyed the kiss a little longer before he decided that she needed air. He pulled slowly away from her and looked into those blue/gray eyes with a hint of gold in them. Oh how he loved the color of her eyes.

He asked her, "Are you hurt?" "No, just tired" was her answer. He held her a little longer then helped her onto her feet. She stood on shaky legs but held her own. She lowered the barrier and Inuyasha helped her stand. Miroku came over to the couple and said, "All of the remaining wolf tribe have left the area, we are safe for now." Inuyasha nodded his head to indicate that he had heard what his brother had said. Then turned around and said "let's go back to the tribe." The group started to turn away when Kagome sensed the arrow flying toward Inuyasha; she had no time to bring up her barrier she did the only thing she could think of.

She pushed Inuyasha out of the way and the arrow hit her in the shoulder. She went down with a cry and passed out. Miroku looked on in horror when he realized what had happened to the girl. He turned around quickly to see who had shot that arrow. Inuyasha was recovering from the shove that Kagome had given him to the ground when he notices her crumpled form lying before him. He yelled her name as he rushed to her side. He held her in his arms looking at the arrow.

Then a faint scent reached his nose, he knew that scent. He began to growl deep in his throat. A growl so menacing that even Miroku was taken aback and moved away from him. Inuyasha had placed Kagome back on the ground and stood up to face his new foe. She came out of the forest with her bow in hand and arrow locked. She brought it up and pointed it straight at him. "I told you that you belonged to me and that I will not let that bitch take you away from me. I have worked too long and hard on my plans to take over this territory and no one is going to stand in my way." (Cindy: I wish there was some way that we could get it from her when she doesn't know it? Mike: well that could prove to be difficult; you know what she's like. Cindy: yeah I know *sigh* she's crazy.)

Inuyasha listen in horror. All this was just a trick. Tricks to get him to change his fathers mind on the invaders, He had fallen for this hook line and sinker. Now she wanted to take away the only thing that truly made him happy. `No I will not let her take away the one thing that I love most in this world. Because I do love this girl with every once of fiber in my body.' Inuyasha's anger started to grow, his eyes turned red, and two purple stripes appeared on each side of his face. "Kikyou you have gone to far this time. I will not allow you to hurt her again, do you understand." "Ha, like I care, I will make sure you die and then I will kill her. I will finish the job that pathetic wolf couldn't finish." "You put him up to this?" "Why of coarse you don't think he could of thought of all this by himself, I don't think so."

That was it he had had enough of Kikyou's taunting. She released the arrow that she had locked in her bow. It flew straight and true but he was faster. He cut the arrow in two; he saw the fear in her eyes as he attacked. He used his claws to shred her from top to bottom. There was nothing left of her just a pile of meat on the ground for the animals to eat.

Miroku started to move away from his brother. He had no desire to end up like her. He stopped dead in his tracks when Inuyasha turned his way and started to growl deep in his throat. He didn't know what to do but then Kagome started to glow again. Her blue aura intensified as if creating something. In Kagome's hand laid a sword. It was beautiful the handle was wrapped in leather. It had jewels all around the hilt of the sword. There was a designed on the sheath it was of a half moon and stars. In the middle it had a picture of two dog's one black and one white.

Kagome still lay on the ground but started to stir. Inuyasha seeing this went over to her. She gently called out his name and he knelt by her side. He picked her up in an embrace and she slowly opens her eyes. "Take this my love it will help you protect the one's you love." He looked at her for a moment and then closed his hand around the sword. At the same moment that his hand closed around the hilt of the sword his eyes turned back to a golden color and the stripes went away. Inuyasha was back to normal. He blinked his eyes in surprise that he was holding a sword and Kagome's sleeping form in his arms. He looked at his brother and asked, "What happened?" Miroku scratched the back of his head and then proceed to tell him what had happened. A look of pure horror was on Inuyasha's face but his brother quickly reassured him that there was nothing he could have done different that would not have ended in Kikyou's death.

Inuyasha removed the arrow from Kagome's shoulder then dressed her wounds. He picked her up in his arms and started back toward the tribe. When they arrived there they noticed that all of the warriors were standing on this side of the barrier. A quick check revealed that they had not lost anyone from their tribe. This was a good thing. Inuyasha was extremely tired and he wanted to see his father badly. He started toward the barrier and as soon as he stepped up to it, it collapsed then all of the men were free to go to their wives and children.

He quickly made his way to where his father was and told him everything that had happened and requested that his father protect Kagome while he slept. His father agreed to his request and then Inuyasha moved off to the side were some blankets were put on the ground for them to sleep. Once he put Kagome down he collapsed right next to her. Kagome barrier went up again to encase both them while they slept. When Miroku tried to touch the barrier it knocked him on his butt. Inutaisho just laughed at him saying "Do you really think that Kagome would allow you in the barrier?" Miroku had to laugh at that question. `Nope Kagome won't let me get within 5 feet of her' seeing that Inuyasha and Kagome would be very well protected for the night the whole tribe got some much needed sleep.

But off in the distance you could hear the cry of a loan wolf.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jinx: *giggle* my box is special because………*gets hit on head*

Boxy: because I can talk *evil laughter as they both fade into darkness*