InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ Chapter 12

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Jinx: so yet another chapter *jumps for joy* boy Cindy, you're pulling these chapters out of your butt.

Cindy: Jinx.

Jinx: yes? *big smile*

Cindy: you're so delicate you know that.

Mike: *sigh* that's our Jinx.

Chapter 12

The days passed by and soon they had made up for lost time. The tribe was on track to the winter lands and nothing had attacked them in over two days. Kagome and Sango grew closer, much like sisters. Kagome taught Sango how to hunt, skin, and pick herbs. Sango in turn showed Kagome how to use two katanas, which were smaller than a sword but longer than a knife. Together the girls protected the rear of the tribe as they followed along with Kirara.

On this day Inuyasha and Miroku were called to the front of the tribe to lead them around a very rough part of the trail. Kirara, riding on Kagome's shoulder, raised her head and started to growl. Kagome noticed this and motioned Sango to stop. Once they both stopped Kagome turned her attention behind her. There were men coming two of them, she told Sango this much. They both got off their horses and stood side-by-side waiting for them to appear. Kirara was still on Kagome's shoulder and had not moved; soon the two girls greeted both men when they appeared.

The men looked at one another and grinned very wide. They thought they were going to have some fun with these wenches before they continued on with their task. But what they didn't expect was that these two women were every bit of a warrior as any man. Kagome seeing the gleam in the men's eyes gave Sango a warning glare. Sango slightly nodded her understanding of the situation. "Good day to you, what do you want here?" asked Kagome. The nearer of the two men gave a slight laugh and answered, "We have a message to deliver to a tribe that is on the move, but before we do that, how about we have some fun with you." They moved quicker than the girls thought they could and had them pinned to the ground. Kagome was starting to loose control of her emotions and was about to lash out at the men when a big giant cat appeared out of nowhere. She had three tails that were on fire along with her four paws. Her teeth were long and pointed and she had a star on her forehead. With a loud roar Kirara leaped and knocked both men down to the ground and had them pinned. (Jinx: *sings spongebob squarepants theme song* Mike: I never should have told her about that show. Cindy: so it's your entire fault!)

Inuyasha and Miroku heard the loud roar of Kirara and Inuyasha new it meant trouble for that was Kirara transformed call he heard. He turned to Miroku and told him the girls were in danger and quickly made their way to the back of the tribe. When they got there he saw that Kirara had two men pinned to the ground and two vary dazed girls were trying to get up off the ground. Inuyasha rushed to Kagome's side and as Miroku did the same with Sango's the first words out of both of them was "Are you alright?" both girls nodded yes that they were fine. Kagome explained that the intruders said they were on their way to deliver a message to a tribe that was traveling down the trail but that they were going to have some fun first with her and Sango.

For the first time Kagome saw the transformed Kirara standing on top of the two men that had attacked her and Sango. She didn't know where this animal came from but she was grateful that it had appeared and helped them when they needed it. Inuyasha by this time had digested what Kagome had said to him and he was pissed beyond reason. `No one but no one touches my Kagome, they will die for this.' But by this time Inutaisho had arrived and had heard everything that Kagome had said. He saw his son get up and walk to the giant cat that was now pinning the two attackers to the ground. He walked silently behind Inuyasha as his son talked to the giant cat. "Kirara let them up. I will deal with them." Inutaisho then spoke. "No I know these two I will deal with them." Inuyasha had turned hearing his father right behind him and the expression on his fathers face told him to back down before he took his anger out on him. He stepped to his father side and waited for the cat to release the men. (Mike: Hey Cindy? Cindy: yeah? Mike: do you think that maybe we should do some thing about that? *points to Jinx drowning in toilet* Cindy: Nah, she got herself into it she can get herself out. Mike: yeah I guess.)

Once the men were free from the cat, they got back on their feet and stared at the man in front of them. They quickly recognized Inutaisho and bowed low to the ground and presented him with a scroll. Inutaisho took the parchment and read it. "Its from Sesshoumaru, he has found a mate and wants me to perform the mating ceremony as soon as possible." This was indeed very good news. He had wanted for his eldest son to find a good mate and settle down. But before he could celebrate he must deal with the two in front of him who dared attack one from his pack.

"Get up! Now tell me why you attacked one of the members of my pack." Both men looked at the Indian chief in front of them and now realized that they had made a grave mistake. Upon looking at one of the girls, her clothing was that of the chief's family. A clear sign that it is taboo to touch. From the look of the young man next to him the girl means much more than a captive. Because by Indian law only captive traveled at the end of the tribe alone not being a part of the tribe. "We are sorry Chief Inutaisho but we didn't notice that the captives belonged to you. We just wanted to have a little fun, we have traveled long and hard to find you we didn't know the wenches were part of the tribe." At this remark Inuyasha's growls grew fiercer he was shaking with rage and loosing control, his eyes started to turn red. Kagome saw this and gently called to him "Inuyasha?" He quickly turned and went to embrace her, he clamed down and his eyes returned to the golden color that she so dearly loved.

Inutaisho nodded his head in thanks to Kagome for claming his son down and turned his attention to the two in front of him. "You have no right, whether they are part of the tribe or not to attack them. I do believe my son Sesshoumaru would like to deal with scum like you. Miroku take these two as prisoners have them guarded until we reach Sesshoumaru village." Miroku bowed and went over to the two men and started to tie them up. Kirara was still keeping an eye on them and once they were subdued she transformed back into her kitten form and jumped on Kagome's shoulder. Kagome reached up and scratched the kitten's ears and said, "I didn't know you can transform like that! Thank you Kirara for helping us" Inuyasha also gave her his thanks in protecting the girl of his dreams. Kagome looked up into his golden eyes and smiled while at the same time reaching up and rubbing his ear in much the same way as she did Kirara. He started to purr just like the cat and that make her giggle. (Jinx: *grumbles* Mike: what?! You got out of it perfectly fine!)

Inutaisho walked over to the girls and asked if they were all right. They both said yes and then he said, "We will let Inuyasha's brother deal with them. I would suspect that he would love to know what type of men he has in his mist." Inuyasha's eyes grew big "We are going to his village?" "Yes, I have a mating ceremony to perform and the entire tribe is invited." Inutaisho turned around and headed back to the tribe. Inuyasha groaned and Kagome asked, "What's wrong Inuyasha, don't you want to see your brother?" Inuyasha physically cringed and then answered her question. "He is my half brother and we don't always see eye to eye. Plus the fact that even though he had invited the entire tribe to the mating ritual it means you can't attend because you are still not a part of the tribe. You will be left behind while the rest attend the ceremony and I am not willing to do that, I won't leave you unprotected." Kagome looked hurt by his words but tried to cover up by saying. "That's alright I will still be protected I have Kirara that will protect me, right Kirara?" Kirara just meowed and agreed that she will protect Kagome with her life.

Inuyasha had no choice his father was moving the tribe to Sesshoumaru village, which means they had another 3 days before they meet up with his brother. He was not looking forward to the reunion.

~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jinx: I hate you all! *glares at Cindy and Mike*

Cindy: you got out fine, didn't you?

Mike: yeah, it's not like this is the first time, right?

Jinx: *glares harder*

Cindy: how long do you think she can keep doing that?

Mike: she's known to hold it for some time. *sigh*

Hope you all liked the chapter. Please REVIEW and tell me what you think.