InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ Chapter 17

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Jinx: *does stupid dance*

Mike: you'd think we'd be use to this by now?

Cindy: I guess you were wrong then.

Chapter 17

It had been 2 days since the attack that turned her into a hanyou. She was getting used to her new form. It was strange at first; her hearing, sight and smell had improved greatly. At first it had attack her senses viciously, but as she learned how to control them it was not as bad as it had first been. Inuyasha had been helping her adapt to her new form, he being a hanyou made it easier for him to understand what she was going through. Ever since she had agreed to be his mate he has made every effort to be with her. Never wanting her to be alone, like he was for most of his life until he met her, he shared his hopes and his dreams with her. She knew that this was hard for him to do because for so many years he had to protect himself by hiding his feelings, never letting anybody get close to him, not even his father. Now he was free to express them and he was calmer for it. His father had expressed his thanks for calming his temper, which sometimes flared when Miroku provoked him.

On this morning she had awoken alone in the tepee. Taking it as a sign that she can finally have some time alone to think, she left the tepee and went towards the river. She loved the forest and everything that it had to offer. It was quite, the only sounds that you could hear was the sound of the running river and the animal life that inhabited the area. She found a tree and sat down, with her back against the tree to think. As she leaned back she closed her eyes and let her mind wonder over everything that had happened to her since she came here. She thought of her mother and how she was taking the news that she was gone. Her mother knew full well what she was, for she was the one who sealed her Miko and hanyou powers. If she ever got to see her mother again she would have to ask her why.

Kagome was so deep in thought that she never smelled, heard, or saw the approaching snake youkai. With a hiss he attacked her grabbing her by the arm as she let out a scream of pain. He lifted her up and then wrapped his tail around her slender body. Releasing her from his mouth he hissed, "You will be a fine addition to my tribe. I have heard about you and your powers but I didn't know it would be this easy to capture you." Kagome was in pain, as some of the youkai venom seeped into her blood. She looked into it eyes and said, "If you think you have captured me then think again" she started to glow and before the youkai could do anything she was free from his grasp. But she was starting to get weak, he had done something to her and she was slowing down. She fought him with everything she had, but she was loosing, she didn't want to be with this youkai, all she wanted was Inuyasha. Fear and angry started to take its toll on her but when the snake youkai was about to attack her again Inuyasha had appeared and was there to defend her. (Jinx: I'm a dork!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike: You're an idiot!!!!!!!!!! Cindy: *smack mike in back of head*)

He had smelled the youkai from within the village and new that Kagome had been in danger when he heard her scream in agony. He told his father what was happening and left. He arrived in time to see a struggling Kagome on the ground and the snake youkai ready to attack her again. He had leaped toward the snake youkai raking his claws down the enemy's side. The snake recoiled back and assessed the new danger. "You will not stop me from taking her; you are just a lonely hanyou with no power to harm me." Inuyasha had a smirk on his face, "if you think that, then you have another thing coming. I'm not letting you or anyone else takes my Kagome anywhere." With that he attacked, he unsheathed his sword and it grew into a large fang as he swung it down on the snakes head. But it had no affect on him, the skin on this snake was so thick that it had repelled the swords attack; it was going to take a lot more to kill him. The battle between the snake and Inuyasha raged on. As Kagome looked on her anger and fear began to take over, at this point the sword that Inuyasha was holding flew out of his hand and he hit a tree and lay unconscious. That was the breaking point for Kagome, her eyes started to turn red, her fangs grew longer, and her claws grew to twice their length, two purple stripes were present on each side of her cheeks.

She growled low and menacing at the snake youkai, when it turned towards her he attacked but this time she was ready. She leaped and brought her claws down on the snake's head. This time it had an affect as she saw blood coming from the wound as the snake backed away from her attack. "What's the matter? Don't you want to play anymore? I will make sure that this is the last mistake you will ever make!" She attacked again. She was hurting it but still that battle raged on. Inuyasha started to get up from the ground, he saw Kagome fighting the snake youkai but she had changed somehow her eyes were glowing red, her claws and fangs were longer. Then he realized what had happened she had turned into her full youkai form. He reached for the fallen sword and put it back in its sheath.

He saw her battling and he was enraged, his eyes started to turn red, claws and fangs grew, he was turning into a full youkai also, but the difference was that he still maintained his mind in this form, "This sword must allow me to change into a full youkai without me losing control of who I am." Inuyasha joined Kagome in her attack against the snake youkai. Kagome got hit and fell to the ground hard. She was having trouble getting back up. Inuyasha landed in front of her ready to protect her while she was down.

At this time the warrior's from the village come to help Inuyasha fight the new enemy. What they saw they were clearly not ready for. Both Kagome and Inuyasha were in full youkai form and both bloodied from the battle. Inuyasha unsheathed the sword again and this time brought out its attack, as he leaped into the air he yelled "Wind Scar!!" and as he brought the sword down three bright flashes of energy came out and rushed toward the snake youkai killing it upon impact. The battle was over; well he at least thought it was.

He put his sword back into the sheath and walked over to Kagome but as he approached her she started to growl at him. It was a warning, telling him to keep his distance from her. He saw his father and the others trying to get to Kagome and he called out to them, "don't get near her, she is in her full youkai form and she will attack you. She is still very powerful and I don't think that I will be able to stop her if she attacks." Everyone froze at his words, they wanted to help her but in her present state she could attack and kill them. (Jinx: me don't have much to say? Mike: yeah I'm even running out of things to bicker at you about? Cindy: *gasps*)

Inuyasha began to walk towards her again, but very slowly this time. Kagome saw him coming towards her and she got up and went into a battle stance. He froze on the spot waiting to see what she would do. She attacked him, bring her claws down on him, but he was faster, he was able to dodge the attack but his body was weakening from being transformed. His mind reeled with what to do to snap her back to herself, then an idea came to mind, `it's got to work, I know it will work.' He stopped in his tracks as Kagome came rushing towards him and yelled at the top of his lungs "KAGOME I LOVE YOU" it seemed to work because she stopped dead in front of him. He quickly wrapped his strong arms around her and kissed her. She struggled at first but then leaned into his kiss, returning it eagerly. When they broke from the kiss due to lack of air and he looked into her eyes they were finally back to normal. Then she fainted into his arms because of all the wounds she had gotten from fighting the snake youkai. He easily lifted her in his arms and took her back to the village were they would treat her wounds.

Inuyasha let Sango tend to Kagome's wounds, but every time that she whimpered he would start to growl at her. So Sango took her time, making sure that she didn't hurt her, when she was done she got up and left the tepee. Inuyasha moved closer to Kagome and noticed that she opened her eyes. "Inu... Inuyasha" she whispered and he was there in an instant. He lay down next to her and wrapped his arms around her, keeping her warm and safe. Soon she was asleep in his embrace and right after he too fell asleep. As they slept they both started to glow, their souls uniting as one to heal one another from the many wounds they had sustained.

Sango had gone back to the tepee hoping to get Inuyasha to eat something. She worried about him when Kagome was hurt for he never ate or slept during her time of recovery. He would always stand guard over her until she recovered. When she walked into the tepee what she saw made her skin crawl, there in front of her were Kagome and Inuyasha surrounded by a glowing gold and blue light. It was like they were dancing together, separating and combining into one. She rushed outside and went to find the others so they could come and see.

Inutaisho, Miroku, and Sango returned to the tepee, they saw the same thing as Sango had a few minutes before. As Inutaisho approached the sleeping pair the glow intensified as if creating a barrier to prevent anyone from getting near to them. He looked at them and knew that they were all right and he turned his attention to Miroku and Sango, "What is that barrier?" asked a confused and frighten monk. "Those barriers if you want to call it that are the souls of Kagome and Inuyasha. They are uniting as one." The look on Miroku and Sango's face told him that they were confused and didn't understand what was going on, so he tried to explain. "Once every thousand years a youkai will find his soul mate. A person, who has lived in loneliness all their life and felt the pain of hatred because they were different from the rest, once the two come together as one they will grow closer, together they will begin to feel everything the other is feeling and hear what the other is thinking. They will not need me to seal there mating bond for as you can see they are creating one themselves, When it's time for these two to mate we must be present to make sure they don't kill each other for they will be in full youkai form. He must subdue her and she must submit to him, they'll do it in youkai because that is where the bond is strongest."

Inutaisho looked at Miroku and Sango to see if they had understood what he was saying. Sango had a concerned look on her face as she was looking at Miroku. Miroku had a big perverted look on his. Inutaisho understood why this happened and quickly turned on his adopted son and glared at him. "Miroku, when I said that we had to be there, it doesn't mean that you are going to watch. Your job will be to set up a barrier that will not allow anyone into the area while they are vulnerable. They will be too busy with each other to notice if any youkai or enemy tribe came near them and if this happens one or both could die. Do I make myself clear?" Miroku looked at his father he knew that if he screwed this up his father would kill him. So he nodded telling his father that he had heard the threat that he had given. They left the tepee but kept watch over the sleeping forms waiting for them to awaken from there healing sleep.

*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jinx: hey? What's wrong with you Cindy *pokes stunned Cindy*

Mike: I think it might have something to do with us not having anything to say?

Jinx: you think? *sigh*

Well this is a shock both Jinx and Mike have nothing to comment on. I hope you liked the story so please don't forget to ***REVIEW*** and tell me how I did.